00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

christopher54000 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Numagrounds!

132,311 Views | 665 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-03 07:37:52

So it has been decided that NG could benefit a bit from a change in attitude... A new brand for new times. I've decided that Gary and the Numa Numa Dance are the perfect icon for this next step, hence I am now re-branding Newgrounds as NUMAGROUNDS. From now on, please point your browser to http://www.numagrounds.com. It is currently set to redirect, but the total transfer will be complete in the next 30 days.

Oh GOd, please let this be an April Fools joke...

Keep hope alive
~ Machina_Mage ~

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-03 10:00:03

At 4/3/05 07:37 AM, Machina_Mage wrote:
Oh GOd, please let this be an April Fools joke...

Wow, Tom, two days later and people are still falling for it. Good job... I think.

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-03 10:24:18

Lol this is really funny the next newgrounds icon is numa lol freaking funny the icon could be well im not gonig to say anything numa is already in the process lol. NumaGround the site for mid to 30 40 age woman to spend a fiw mins to browse through! Well I hope this site is just a little mroe organizaed I think u did good but took me awhile to find video games so I could watch the sonic wars. long live Numagrounds!!!!!! ( do I have to be 30 yrs old to play lol? Really is there a sytem that says that

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-03 20:31:43

omg, i cant belive i actually fell for it. I wasnt here for the McNewgrounds prank last year, but this one is great. good work tom.

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-03 20:40:58

So it has been decided that NG could benefit a bit from a change in attitude... A new brand for new times. I've decided that Gary and the Numa Numa Dance are the perfect icon for this next step, hence I am now re-branding Newgrounds as NUMAGROUNDS. From now on, please point your browser to http://www.numagrounds.com. It is currently set to redirect, but the total transfer will be complete in the next 30 days

WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TOM??? why name the biggest independent flash site on the web after a halfway decent, not all that funny(its still great tho), flash with a dancing fat guy??? why not just change the icon to that fat guy and leave the name? i hope this doesnt erase the exp ive been building though, since your'e changing the http. CURSE YOU HOUSEWIVES CURSE YOU!!!!

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-03 20:48:09

hehe whoops...

sry tom i posted a huge angry message and then looked at the date of the origional post... *smacks self across face* OW

APRIL FOOLS!

Numagrounds!

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-03 21:00:33

well tom think more about what ur saying if u change the name ppl will become very confused and will lose intrest in ur site seriously how do u expect everyone to kno u changed the site name ?i agree your original icon is at the wrong time since there is a war going on right ur completely right i just want u to do good not a hater :>

And just like that....he was gone...

BBS Signature

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-03 21:03:59

i think this numa numa dance was funny but honestly it would be taking it a little far but however ppl come to ng just to see the numa numa dance and it may seem old to every1 who watched it then killed it so they say it's gay w.e but im glad the housewives like it they dont say fuck u or u suck (usually :D)

And just like that....he was gone...

BBS Signature

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-03 21:11:01

At 4/1/05 01:05 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 4/1/05 01:03 AM, pythagoras- wrote: HEY TOM YOU FUCKHEAD, I HATE NUMA NUMA. MORE LIKE FAGGOT FAGGOT, AM I RITE?

EAT SHIT AND FUCK YOU, I'M NEVER VISITING YOUT SHIT SITE AGAIN.
Thank you for humoring me.

Tom... i have no idea why they think this is a joke. i mean.. its the same as last year! who would do the same april fools joke as last year! and since this is no joke.... that makes me mad! just becuz 1 flash movie!!!

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-03 23:22:31

LOL cant belive how many ppl fell for this.... I dont think tom would ever change newgrounds to numagrounds.... Just check Back in the history of "NEWGROUNDS "

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-04 00:43:21

DONT DO IT TOM! You cant change newgrounds to numagrounds its just not right!

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-04 01:35:40

At 4/1/05 01:03 AM, pythagoras- wrote: HEY TOM YOU FUCKHEAD, I HATE NUMA NUMA. MORE LIKE FAGGOT FAGGOT, AM I RITE?

EAT SHIT AND FUCK YOU, I'M NEVER VISITING YOUT SHIT SITE AGAIN.

I hope to god this jerk off isn't coming back. Worthless bastard!!! People would shit themselves if the site was actually changing. This was funny.

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-04 01:47:24

Slick.

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-04 13:39:56

Numagrounds? why are we changing the name our beloved site to Numagrounds? I think that sounds cheesy, I liked Numa Numa dance, I thought it was hilarious, but why do we have to rename the coolest site in the world to "Numagrounds"? are we doing this for Gary or something? We should leave the site name the way it was NEWGROUNDS! That sounds way better! I got nothing against Tom or Gary about this but I just can't agree with the name. Numagrounds just sounds silly.

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-04 13:49:14

Omg! April Fools! I forgot about that! Lol, this was posted on April 1st. Jesus Tom, you gave me one hell of a heart attack, good one! Lol.

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-04 13:55:25

Webcam dance portal..................ROFLMAO HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Numagrounds!

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-04 15:57:55

Cmon Tom, dont wuss out on us. THE TANK IS NEWGROUNDS. And so what if theres a war on terror...the tagline of the site is "The problems of the future today" isnt it? We're not living in the fools paradise of the late 90s, this is the new normal, and to be relevant you cant run away from reality. And dont tell me we need to spend more time appealing to women in the demographic early 30s to late 40s. That will only yield a seachange in everything that we enjoy about the free range, balls out, no holds barred nature of the animations towards more sensitive and toned down animations. And let me tell you, in no uncertain terms, its because of the god awful crap (Will and Grace, Gilmor Girls, and the whole gamut of nauseating situation comedys and network dramas) that dominates televison, mainly aimed at that same demographic, which causes me to spend time watching something fresh and entertaining on Newgrounds instead. If you want to turn Newgrounds into a damned knitting group because your tired of getting hatemail, then I will lose all respect for you. I personally think that the word sell-out is over used, but if you do what you are proposing here, then you my friend will be selling out, and selling out all the sometimes moronic and violent young men who have been the engine of your sucess, young men who deserve your respect and continued service, not a stab in the back and kick out the door.

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-04 16:48:14

Thats a cool idea, Numagrounds sounds funny...

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-04 16:50:59

At 4/4/05 03:57 PM, Morgoth1985 wrote: Cmon Tom, dont wuss out on us. THE TANK IS NEWGROUNDS. And so what if theres a war on terror...the tagline of the site is "The problems of the future today" isnt it? We're not living in the fools paradise of the late 90s, this is the new normal, and to be relevant you cant run away from reality. And dont tell me we need to spend more time appealing to women in the demographic early 30s to late 40s. That will only yield a seachange in everything that we enjoy about the free range, balls out, no holds barred nature of the animations towards more sensitive and toned down animations. And let me tell you, in no uncertain terms, its because of the god awful crap (Will and Grace, Gilmor Girls, and the whole gamut of nauseating situation comedys and network dramas) that dominates televison, mainly aimed at that same demographic, which causes me to spend time watching something fresh and entertaining on Newgrounds instead. If you want to turn Newgrounds into a damned knitting group because your tired of getting hatemail, then I will lose all respect for you. I personally think that the word sell-out is over used, but if you do what you are proposing here, then you my friend will be selling out, and selling out all the sometimes moronic and violent young men who have been the engine of your sucess, young men who deserve your respect and continued service, not a stab in the back and kick out the door.

I gotta agree, it's the anarchic nature of ng which makes it so appealing to all, including me. :D If it got toned down, it would only be a bad thing really, unless they restricted goatse on all flashes, which would be good, lol.
Anyway, I knew the numagrounds thing was an april fools gag to begin with. Why did some people get so mad? XD

dsa

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-04 17:08:39

your a fool bud for changing this to numagrounds.. lmao thats so freakin stupid.. what are you gonna do when the numa numa crap goes away.. which it will very soon.. no ones gonna care or remember numa numa.. your a fool for changing it... if you reach of to that target audience as u so call it.. lmao u wont get very far... just a word of advice i would not do that...

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-04 17:18:29

lmao im a dumbass for falling for this didnt even look that it was posted april 1st.. i was about to say.. sheesh.. i gotta remember that next year.. good one...

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-04 18:34:33

arrr nice name i missed it

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-04 18:36:16

i was on about mcnewgrounds last year

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-04 19:08:42

http://www.numagrounds.com.

ahm ahm i dont know how to use this very well... and i erased more then i wanted ...yes anyways dont switch to numa.com cuz tho numa numa dance is awsome u dont have to switch the sites name and all that + even if u do tho there might be more positive people... those negative people will still be there hell some of them might come with a vengeance so im just saying if u want to change some things of newgrounds the feel of it dont completely switch + numagrounds or w/e it was is a stupid name for a site :P also many of my friends that go to this site (and im sure others and younger people on N.G) are stupid or just wont pay attention XD and wont see this and wont know where newgrounds has gone heh well ur probly gonna post lots of things so even the un aware will be aware but just saying im all for changin like say the tank thing but dont make numagrounds! bah :|
-MidgetElvis666 ahahaaha

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-04 19:14:22

acctuly i lied im aganst changing the tank thing becuz i read another post and realized hes right ''promblemes of the futur TODAY!'' u cant run from the facts of life and N.G is just tellin it like it is (and some isnt but hey there funny...) also um i can gaurntee u only 200 30-40 year old women will acctuly come to numagrounds no offence but wtf are u thinkin? they think the numa dance is funny but thats like haha one thing and thats it they wont look at the other things or give N.G money of any kind.. so if this is an april fools joke then G/J and im a dumbass but if its not then *HISS ...yes... *cough

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-04 19:28:18

Lol, Im not stupid, this was posted on april fools.

BBS Signature

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-04 20:56:41

Only idiots or people who haven't seen the joke last year would fall for this....seriously.

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-04 22:25:00

hahahahaha, wow nice one tom, from the begining i was reading this after april 1st and i really thought for real for a secound, but at the end of reading i knew it was a joke... lmao can u imagine gary's face when he first read that... halarious

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-04 23:37:34

this isn't serious, right? I have nothing against Numa Numa, in fact I think it's absoloutly hilarious, but numagrounds? that's gotta be a joke. Newgrounds, has history man, think about everything weebl has done, the badger badger, kenya, magical trevor. salad fingers is something that belongs on Newgrounds, not Numagrounds. Changing the name would be an insult to the people who contributed to making newgrounds great.

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-05 05:26:34

a better april fools joke wouldve been to hand newgrounds over to piconjo. it would be the best joke since marty took over. lol. ,,,, or maybe just give it back to marty, woot!