00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ZodiousE just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Religion Thread

2,181 Views | 46 Replies

Response to Religion Thread 2005-04-02 12:00:18

At 4/2/05 11:54 AM, NarcolepticAlarmClok wrote: stuff

didn't you just post the exact same comment in the bibal diffuculty thread? wtf?

Response to Religion Thread 2005-04-02 12:05:16

Yea... I just didnt feel like rewriting what i had already said... I just want ppl to see what I have to say... even if that involves self-plagarism..... sry, it won't happen again

Boldest is he who refuses see what has once come and is to be.

BBS Signature

Response to Religion Thread 2005-04-02 14:29:37

At 4/1/05 01:51 PM, VerseChorusVerse wrote: I have a question for all of those people who find nothing unacceptable about homosexuality:

How far are you willing to push this country? Homosexuality is clearly unnatural and I, as a Christian, believe that homosexual behavior is wrong and sinful; but where do you draw the line? If we allow homosexuality, then why not allow polygamy (actually, the ACLU is already trying to legalize that)? If polygamy, then why not bestiality? If bestiality, then why not necrophilia?

Oh, for crying out...the difference between homosexuality and bestiality is that homosexuals can actually give consent, while animals cannot; and nor can dead people.

Here's a quote that I like: "Love knows no gender."

Homosexuality involves the same feelings as heterosexuality. Why make homosexuals supress their feelings?

Response to Religion Thread 2005-04-02 15:16:48

At 3/31/05 08:48 PM, muteecho wrote: Well i have a question.Im not gay but what does the christian god think of homosexuality?ABortion?I would have to say that my god(even though i believe i worship the same gad as u) very similar to ur god.

I am very religous, and what i heard, in catholic countries u may bot abort, but in sweden, a protostant country, u may. And gay's may be priest. I am not sure of the catholics though...

Response to Religion Thread 2005-04-02 16:05:58

The pope is dead. Let's all hope he has found peace

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to Religion Thread 2005-04-02 16:31:06

At 4/2/05 04:27 PM, Tal-con wrote: Speaking of religion....

It was a dead link. "Page Not Found". Oh well, I catch your drift... ~.^

Response to Religion Thread 2005-04-02 16:33:33

At 4/2/05 11:36 AM, 1Shot-Paddy wrote: here's a list of 1146 contradictions in the Bible. It shows how it is made up and total balls.

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/contra/by_book.html

One word can discredit every single one of those so-called "contradictions"... context.

Response to Religion Thread 2005-04-02 17:35:14

At 4/1/05 01:51 PM, VerseChorusVerse wrote: I have a question for all of those people who find nothing unacceptable about homosexuality:

How far are you willing to push this country? Homosexuality is clearly unnatural and I, as a Christian, believe that homosexual behavior is wrong and sinful; but where do you draw the line? If we allow homosexuality, then why not allow polygamy (actually, the ACLU is already trying to legalize that)? If polygamy, then why not bestiality? If bestiality, then why not necrophilia? That's the problem I have with liberalism; it seems they attempt to push this country as far left and so-called "tolerating" as possible. Sure, they tolerate everyone that agrees with them, but when conservatives with actual "moral standards" challenge their radical ideas, they freak out and call them fascist bigots. I am a conservative independent, and I care about where this country is headed. I do not like how liberals twist the consitution to meet their own agenda; never in their wildest dreams would the forefathers believe that homosexuality would be ever considered "socially acceptable" in America. There are many things liberals are trying to do in this country that would shock the founders, and it doesn't take much to realize this. I'd just like to know how much needs to be done to the United States before liberals will be satisfied.

Homosexual's are clearly unnatural! WHat the fuck, If your belief in your righteous GOD is that- it/he/she are omnipudent, all powerful, created the world in 7 days, blah, blah, blah,blah ,puke.
Then God must have created Homo's - oohhh am I twisting your little compressed brain,do you think god didn't create them they just came to be on their own-If that was the case maybe this proves there is more than one god.
You like so many others are reacting to your BRAIN WASHING by the religious teachers you were instructed by as you have grown up.
God did not write the Bible. God did not write the Koran, There is no proven text anywhere that god has written( befor someone tries to bring up the 10 commandments) remember moses went up the mountain alone, and came back with the so called Laws of God.
A Man- some poor oppressed member of an oppressed people started the religious writings of the bible, also the same thing with the koran ,a man (or men)wrote it. When god tells me to my face I'm fucking wrong and I'm going to pay, well that won't bother me at all. I know in a universe as big as we are discovering ours to be, if god even exists. I am so far down the list of gods problems to deal with that the sun I enjoy every day will be a long and distant memory. at a possible couple hundred million years of life left in it I'll be long dead and might enjoy the change.
Your preachers may think that their intentions are good , but isn't the road to Hell paved in those.
And finally I'm from Cape Breton and we have immunity, we can't go to hell the devil will not accept us.

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

Response to Religion Thread 2005-04-02 17:38:27

Homosexuality is clearly unnatural and I, as a Christian, believe that homosexual behavior is wrong and sinful; but where do you draw the line?

Let me say this once.

I firmly believe that your god does not exist. You will die, your children will die, and there is nothing that will stop it. There is no salvation.

Now. America is a secular society. Laws cannot be founded on religious or moral beliefs. Unless you can prove to me that homosexuality is scientifically incorrect, or that it outright disrupts your life, a ban on gay marriage does not belong in the Constitution.

For your little arguement about allowing all sorts of bad things after legalizing gay marriage - Two men or two women wanting to spend their lives with each other is a dual decision. Animals, dead corpses, ect cannot make that decision. There is an obvious difference.

Response to Religion Thread 2005-04-02 18:38:41

At 4/2/05 05:38 PM, Everloony wrote: Let me say this once.

I firmly believe that your god does not exist. You will die, your children will die, and there is nothing that will stop it. There is no salvation.

I really don't care what you think about God or salvation.

Now. America is a secular society. Laws cannot be founded on religious or moral beliefs.

Haha... Too late, dude. "Thou shalt not murder" is both a basic moral and religious belief. Are you saying this should be stricken from the law? This country was founded on moral and religious principles. Deal with it.

Unless you can prove to me that homosexuality is scientifically incorrect, or that it outright disrupts your life, a ban on gay marriage does not belong in the Constitution.

I don't need to "prove" anything to you. We are, however, made to reproduce. The body of a man and the body of a woman are designed specifically for each other. Homosexual behavior is unnatural because it's unproductive; it serves no purpose. It's also much easier to contract STD's through anal sex than natural intercourse. But you assume that I oppose gay marriage; this is untrue. I'd prefer that gays could have the same rights as straight people without breaking the sanctity of marriage. I believe God sanctified marriage for one man and one woman ONLY. But if it is impossible to give them equal rights without allowing them to marry, then they should be granted that privelege. As long as the Church isn't forced into performing gay marriage ceremonies, I'm cool.

For your little arguement about allowing all sorts of bad things after legalizing gay marriage - Two men or two women wanting to spend their lives with each other is a dual decision. Animals, dead corpses, ect cannot make that decision. There is an obvious difference.

But necrophilia and bestiality clearly don't harm anyone. No one would be negatively affected by this, so why shouldn't it be legalized? And by your own standards, you should find absolutely nothing wrong with polygamy and incest. Both are concentual. The main problem I have with liberalism is that it knows no boundaries; we have to draw the line somewhere. What more needs to be done to this country before you'll be satisfied?

Response to Religion Thread 2005-04-02 19:01:43

At 4/2/05 05:35 PM, morefngdbs wrote: mindless riffraff

Your unecessary insults and uneducated opinions are not worth my time. You obviously have no idea what I believe, so I would advise you to check out any of my other 500+ posts on the subject of the Christian faith. Go enlighten yourself, jackass...

Response to Religion Thread 2005-04-02 19:40:01

Homosexual behavior is unnatural because it's unproductive; it serves no purpose.

And what about infertile couples? They cannot reproduce. According to your logic, people should take fertility tests before being granted a marriage license. Screw love, the purpose of wedlock is to push out as many babies as possible before menopause.

Which brings me to my next question. What aboiut post-menopausal women? They can't reproduce, so should they be forced to divorce their husbands so that he can impregnate a younger woman?

Face it. Your views stem from hatred of homosexuals. There's no way around it.

But necrophilia and bestiality clearly don't harm anyone.

They obviously do. Necrophilia violates the dead and those associated with the dead, and bestiality harms the animal. Homosexuality harms no one. Unlike homosexuality, incest is proven to be dangerous to the next generation. There is a scientific reason to outlaw incest. However, there is none such arguement toward homosexuality. Polygamy is a practice once supported by Mormons - a sect of Christianity. Ironic.

But if it is impossible to give them equal rights without allowing them to marry, then they should be granted that privelege

This seems familiar some how. Where have I heard this before...

Oh yeah, segregation! Seperate but equal, right? The point is, until homosexuals are allowed federal marriage and every single benefit tied with it, they will remain second class citizens. Giving them some other little title to avoid calling it marriage is simply homophobic and stupid.

And great that you don't want gay marraiges in churches. I don't think gays would want to get married in a place they would be discriminated against and treated like dogs either.

Response to Religion Thread 2005-04-02 19:47:20

At 4/2/05 07:40 PM, Everloony wrote: Face it. Your views stem from hatred of homosexuals. There's no way around it.

Read his post again, he states very clearly his personal objection to homosexuality. It's not hatred, it's his belief.

But if it is impossible to give them equal rights without allowing them to marry, then they should be granted that privelege

He said he would support (or at least not object to) homosexuals being able to marry and have all full rights as a married couple. He said the only thing he doesn't support are churches being forced by the state to hold a gay marriage. Get a clue on what your opposition is actually saying before launching a full tirade against them. It just makes you look like a jackass afterward.

Response to Religion Thread 2005-04-02 22:10:05

its also nice to see a fellow believer(1 in 5 humans are muslim)The saying god helps those who helps themselves ie true because when i believe things really become positive.

Response to Religion Thread 2005-04-05 13:16:25

At 4/2/05 06:38 PM, VerseChorusVerse wrote: Homosexual behavior is unnatural because it's unproductive; it serves no purpose.

It's nature's version of birth control. Of course it serves a purpose.

=D

I do, however, respect your tolerance. It's greater than most Christians, it must be said.

Response to Religion Thread 2005-04-05 13:30:13

At 4/2/05 07:40 PM, Everloony wrote: I can't quote properly

Everloony, will you please learn to quote properly!
Not one of your posts so far has used proper quotes, they make it so much easier to read!

If you want stuff to be quoted, just put a colon and a space before it. ;-)

Like this.

Response to Religion Thread 2005-04-05 15:39:39

After going through every response I think I lost track of what the initial question was. Oh, what religion am I and why do I think it's awesome and all that? My..

Well I was born and raised Roman Catholic. I didn't leave the church because of any conflict I saw with Biblical truths like the whiny Prods say they do, but I think I just sorta outgrew it. Religious study became something of a hobby of mine and I studied in countless religion and philosophy classes and groups throughout highschool and college. Somewhere in there I became exposed to a local chapter of the Ordo Templi Orientis. I had been fairly familiar with Crowley and the fundamentals of gnosticism so I thought I'd give it a shot. Unfortunately I didn't have time or the patience to sit around in what is basically a gentlemans club, going to charity events, and reciting ridiculous incantations.

So where am I now? I like to think of myself as a radical agnostic. I say radical because I really really mean it, a little something I learned from D.A. This so far has wokred out for me because in my life I've seen and experienced a lot of things I cannot naturally explain, but my skeptical nature keeps me from jumping to conclusions and calling it supernatural. I would like to think that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, but I feel that I will either never know in natural life or will be unable to ever know.

On a side note, I found something funny. Boy I sure do wish I kept the address, but it was an atheist website calling the Bible evil. See, I had always been under the notion that the sense of good and evil was a morally programmed one from some spiritual sense of right and wrong. But then, what the fuck do I know? What I'm getting at is that no one here is innocent, and we're certainly all fuckin' bastards for getting into this sort of argument. The atheists and Christians will always duke it out and never actually solve anything ("Who created the Big Bang"). As a matter of fact, the only people I've ever met who are actually as wise and passive as as the Christians and non-Christians wish they were are probably the Buddhists (Mahayana of course, not those arrogant Theravada Buddhist jerkoffs ;)) Now I'm just being petty. I would love to one day see the Christians and non-Christians (I'm looking in your direction, atheists) get along... or at least ask questions that can be answered logically.

Christian: "God can do anything!"
Atheist: "Can God create a canyon so wide that he cannot jump across it?"
Agnostic: "Dumbasses"

*prepares for the worst*

To truly know death you must fuck life in the gall bladder.