00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MiyuTheSceneGirl just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

New Zelda!!! - Thread

2,410 Views | 55 Replies

New Zelda!!! - Thread 2005-03-29 10:56:58

Is anyone else excited about this?

New trailer

Response to New Zelda!!! - Thread 2005-03-29 10:57:46

I did a topic about this..
and they said it had been done..

Response to New Zelda!!! - Thread 2005-03-29 10:58:37

At 3/29/05 10:57 AM, Hoohah wrote: I did a topic about this..
and they said it had been done..

Sucks dun it....I hate when things bite you in the ass.

Response to New Zelda!!! - Thread 2005-03-29 11:19:29

I hate Zelda. Same old boring shit over and over and over again. You wear a stupid green outfit, walk around the country trying to get 3 random items in order to get the White/Master Sword so you can travel to the dark world (Or have the world be pulled in to darkenss by an evil ruler) while you go through even more boring ass dungens like you've done in every other zelda game since the begining of time in order to get 7 more random items in order to fight a boss that has a name thats real similar to Gannon so you can bring the world back to light and save the day.

On top of that, the gameplay itself has even falled. The dungens arn't even hard anymore. Take the Windwaker for example... you could push blocks. But the blocks where in lowered sections of the floor so there was only one way to push them. That's not a puzzel... that's not even challanging. It's the only thing you could do... how is that a "game"? The palaces look confusing but their not because there is only one way you can go. If you open the wrong door, it's blocked by an obsticle you can't pass without going back and entering the right door. Weather it's to get some sort of special prize or to pull a lever. Fact is, there is only one path you can take... that's not even a maze.

It's uncreative too. How many times are we going to get the hookshot and the boomerang? Can't they come up with new items? It's pretty obvious when you see a treasure chest on a cliff that you can't reach that eventually you'll get the hookshot to help you reach it. You don't even have to think anymore as you already know because you've encountered that same situation in every Zelda game for the past 10 years.

And don't even get me started on the annoying "Tingle" bullshit. Go out of you way to save me so that I can annoy you every 10 minutes about how you should rush out and buy a $200 GBA!!!!

Fuck Zelda, and fuck Nintendo.

Request deletion

This went wrong.

Response to New Zelda!!! - Thread 2005-03-29 11:21:48

DroopyA blasphemer! >:(
Some things may be true, but still the games are good.
It's just not your thing..

Response to New Zelda!!! - Thread 2005-03-29 11:26:12

OMG a new trailer! :o

Too bad Quicktime is being a bitch >:(

Response to New Zelda!!! - Thread 2005-03-29 11:28:47

At 3/29/05 11:19 AM, DroopyA wrote: I hate Zelda. Same old boring shit over and over and over again.

Thats because Zelda has such a great formula for gameplay.
Fans keep coming back.. Anyway, the new one will introduce new game play mechanics.
If you don't like it, don't play it.

BBS Signature

Response to New Zelda!!! - Thread 2005-03-29 11:30:10

At 3/29/05 11:19 AM, DroopyA wrote: Long story

I agree that the windwaker was way to easy and it was too bad that their were 50 of those tiny isles in a way to huge sea (I prefer that you can explore huge area's by foot). I still think Zelda is one of the best games Nintendo ever made. Anyway I checked the screenshots of the new game and I'm glad that it goes back to the good old N64 style
(I think I'm gonna buy it).

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to New Zelda!!! - Thread 2005-03-29 11:30:54

I don't have GameCube.

Response to New Zelda!!! - Thread 2005-03-29 11:32:00

At 3/29/05 11:30 AM, rootbeerfloat wrote: I don't have GameCube.

Get one, it's worth it

Response to New Zelda!!! - Thread 2005-03-29 11:33:56

Zelda is a greenofile.

Response to New Zelda!!! - Thread 2005-03-29 11:36:54

OMG!! when is it gonna come out! looks like a sequel to ocarina except in awesome graphics.

Response to New Zelda!!! - Thread 2005-03-29 11:43:45

I have all Zelda games..

Response to New Zelda!!! - Thread 2005-03-29 12:00:32

At 3/29/05 11:30 AM, People wrote: Stuff

I understand we all have opinions and regardless of how many times I say "fuck" I really don't want to start a flame war about it. But this shit just annoys me to no end. How can anybody be excited about a new anything Nintendo does these days; let alone a new Zelda game?

The gameplay isn't even that great. Compared to almost every other game on the market these days, Zelda is by far the worst. The environment is lacking as most of it is just dead space like vallies, hills or water leaving very little to explore. There is absolutly no customization with your character, and the battle system is by far the worst I've seen to date. You have one attack and one block... how exciting. What's worse though, is that Zelda isn't even interesting to play. The stories are always straight forward, no mystery or unforseen plot twists. And on top of that, the basic story line is as played out as a Dragon Ball Z episode. I just don't understand what there is to be excited about?

Zelda never comes with any new features either. There is almost no replay value as there really isn't anything worth finding. No "game B" at the end, no hidden secrets to unlock behind the scene movies or special characters, and no cheats that make playing pointless fun (IE GTA Style)... You play it, you beat it, End of story. And they never throw in any plot twist or user definable features either. Like the ability to be the bad guy or something.

I understand reusing some features of the game as it a series, but the diffrence between two Zelda games is barely even recognizable. A little more variety would be nice...

But what really bothers me is that Zelda could be such a great game. With the basis of the game revolving around maze-like dugeons, Zelda could be one of the best games on the market. But unfortunatly, Nintendo sets the average user ager around 10 and dummies down the entire game in order to not shut anybody out. Thus your left with impassible obsticles if you open the wrong door and blocks that can only be pushed in one direction. Instead of getting lost or finding yourself sitting in a room for hours trying to figure out how to open a door, you're left with remedial tasks and annoying faires that shout "HEY" right before they tell you what to do. It's a shame really, because I use to like Zelda.

Request deletion

This went wrong.

Response to New Zelda!!! - Thread 2005-03-29 12:13:10

At 3/29/05 10:56 AM, Toby05 wrote: Is anyone else excited about this?

New trailer

No. Zelda's like Metroid without all the interesting bits.

Response to New Zelda!!! - Thread 2005-03-29 12:15:01

At 3/29/05 12:00 PM, DroopyA wrote:
The gameplay isn't even that great.

Yes it is

Compared to almost every other game on the market these days, Zelda is by far the worst.

Wrong

The environment is lacking as most of it is just dead space like vallies, hills or water leaving very little to explore.

There are secret areas.. lots and the environment is pretty random..

There is absolutly no customization with your character

Yes there is
:, and the battle system is by far the worst I've seen to date. You have one attack and one block... how exciting.
There are a lot of moves. There are even a few unlockable moves.

What's worse though, is that Zelda isn't even interesting to play. The stories are always straight forward, no mystery or unforseen plot twists.

Wrong again, e.g. in Wind Waker the boat turned out to be the king of Hyrule

And on top of that, the basic story line is as played out as a Dragon Ball Z episode. I just don't understand what there is to be excited about?

Each game has lots of changes

Zelda never comes with any new features either. There is almost no replay value as there really isn't anything worth finding.

Bigoron sword, ice arrows..

No "game B" at the end,

Wind Waker does have a game B, which allows you some special features
Check gamefaqs

no hidden secrets to unlock

Wrong, as I proved before

behind the scene movies

I never watch those anyways

or special characters,

You probably like Halo, but Halo doesn't have any special characters

and no cheats that make playing pointless fun (IE GTA Style)...

Cheats? They usually ruin games! If you're really desperate, get a gameshark or something.

You play it, you beat it, End of story. And they never throw in any plot twist or user definable features either. Like the ability to be the bad guy or something.

You mention GTA but GTA doesn't have that.

I understand reusing some features of the game as it a series, but the diffrence between two Zelda games is barely even recognizable. A little more variety would be nice...

I'm concluding from the past things you've said, you haven't even played them.

But what really bothers me is that Zelda could be such a great game.

It is, but you don't see it.

With the basis of the game revolving around maze-like dugeons, Zelda could be one of the best games on the market.

It is

But unfortunatly, Nintendo sets the average user ager around 10 and dummies down the entire game in order to not shut anybody out.

That's a nice thing to do

Thus your left with impassible obsticles if you open the wrong door and blocks that can only be pushed in one direction.

You can always still beat the game, whatever you do.

Instead of getting lost or finding yourself sitting in a room for hours trying to figure out how to open a door, you're left with remedial tasks

The dungeons are good

and annoying faires that shout "HEY" right before they tell you what to do.

1. They only give a hint 2. That fairy was only in OoT

It's a shame really, because I use to like Zelda.

Bad thing to drop it..

(PS: Don't know if the quotes work..

Response to New Zelda!!! - Thread 2005-03-29 12:15:26

Ogm! Old news.

Sig by CoolCatDaddio. <<RESPECT>>

BBS Signature

Response to New Zelda!!! - Thread 2005-03-29 12:20:22

It looks pretty damn sweet. It's about time the came out with another OCOT equal (or so I hope). I like the more mature look of the game too, although it's not needed to make a good game. I'm definitly going to buy it.

Response to New Zelda!!! - Thread 2005-03-29 12:21:19

DroopyA, I love Zelda, but lets not turn this into a flame war, shall we?

Response to New Zelda!!! - Thread 2005-03-29 13:13:56

At 3/29/05 11:26 AM, BazookaNinja wrote:
Too bad Quicktime is being a bitch >:(

Want QuckTime Pro? Get version 6.5.2...

Register under: eXpert

Serial: JR6C-C2VR-VQQJ-T4CG-NEAT.

Seriously, it works. ;)

Response to New Zelda!!! - Thread 2005-03-29 14:09:38

At 3/29/05 12:15 PM, Hoohah wrote: Yes it is, Wrong, Yes there is, It is, It is

Wow, great arguments. Way to discuss. You completely changed my opionon and made me think twice. "Wrong"... what a mind altering statement. You, my friend, are a genius. ::rollseyes:: Seriously, if you don't have anything of value to say, just don't say anything. Save NG the bandwidth, this post the extra space, and everybodies time reading one word statements that mean nothing by simply not typing them. Thank you.

There are secret areas.. lots and the environment is pretty random..

Not really. 90% of the map in the Windwaker was water which was nothing more then waisted space. On top of that, there was always one small island in every space. That's not random. It's predictible and boring. And if it's not water, it's empty fields.

There are a lot of moves. There are even a few unlockable moves.

Really? Like what? You hold down the L button to lock on to an enemy and then hit the A button to attack. I wouldn't call one attack "A lot". And how did you unlock moves? I don't remember a character menu that allowed me to purchase or upgrade my characters moves or strength. You can't really consider getting the master sword and (by default) gaining the ability to spin attack if you hold down A unlockable can you?

Wrong again, e.g. in Wind Waker the boat turned out to be the king of Hyrule

That's not a plot twist. It just explained why the boat could talk. A plot twist would be more like in MGS2 when you find out that *SPOILERS* you're all puppets in the hand of a shadow government who's playing you like pawns in a game of chess in order for them to shape the world as they want it. Your whole mission is a fraud, your girfriend is fucking you because she works for said shadow government and your captin is a robot. That's unpredictible and completly changes the focus of the game. Up to that point, you thought you where just out to stop metal gear again.

Each game has lots of changes

Such as? Let me guess, instead of a horse you get a boat. Instead of changing night to day, you change the wind direction. Instead of an ocarenia you get a "wind waker". Instead of fighting Gannon, you fight Gannondorf. Instead of the white sword it's now the "Master Sword". Instead of a fairy you talk to a guy in a fairy suit. Instead of the "Lava Temple" it's the "Fire Temple". etc...

Bigoron sword, ice arrows..

That's really not what I ment... I was thinking more along the lines of say, the hidden packages in GTA or playing the game a few times to save diffrent characters to start your game a second time with special items like in Metal Gear Solid. (Saving Otocon ment starting with a stealth suit where as saving somebody else ment having more rations or special boxes). These things give you something to play for after the inital story. I played MGS 3 or 4 times because I wanted to see all the endings and see what each person gave me. I'm not going to replay Zelda because I didn't find my Ice Arrows. Ice Arrows aren't fun... Stealth Suits, and finding all packages to get unlimited ammo is.

You probably like Halo, but Halo doesn't have any special characters

Actually I don't like Halo. But I would rather play Halo over Zelda due simply to the fact that Halo has replay value in the form of multi-player action.

Cheats? They usually ruin games! If you're really desperate, get a gameshark or something.

I didn't say cheats to win, I said cheats that make playing "POINTLESSLY FUN". Like unlimited ammo or big head mode. 007 for the N64 was fun, but it was even more fun once you realized that after you beat it you had the option to run around the level invisible setting up booby traps with your unlimited supply of remote mines.

they never throw in any plot twist or user definable features either.
You mention GTA but GTA doesn't have that.

Are you kidding me? GTA doesn't have any user definable features? You don't have the ability to be the bad guy? There aren't any plot twists? Have you ever played a GTA game? Besides, what diffrence does it make? We're not talking about GTA, we're talking about Zelda.

You can always still beat the game, whatever you do.

The point in question isn't weather you can beat the game or not, it's that the "maze-like" dungeons arn't a maze because there is only one way you can go. Lots of games give you free will to do what you want while still insuraing that you can always beat the game no matter what you do. In fact, I can't think of any one game that you can't beat if you make a mistake.
What I'm getting at is the lack of creativity and challange. Why where the pushable blocks in lowered sections of the floor? Wouldn't the game have been more fun if you had to actually think where you needed to push what? Why do you always get the item you need in the palace you need it in? Why can't they hide my "steal boots" in palace 4 yet I need them in Palace 2. Thus forceing me to explore or travel back and forth between 2 or 3 palaces in order to acheive my goal?
I'm not saying they "HAVE" to do that, but it's an example. It's obvious that if I get an item I'm going to have to use it right away... the puzzle aspect is thus lost. And since I am required to have the item to get to the end, I don't even have to search for it as the path to the big chest is the only path I can take. It's not until after you have the prize can you take alternate routs. Thus the maze aspect is gone. No puzzels, no maze, and a terrible battle system... where does the fun of the game come in?

1. They only give a hint 2. That fairy was only in OoT

Flying over to a button on the wall and saying "HEY! Why don't you shoot this button with a fire arrow" is not a hint... it's the answer. And the fairy was replaced with Tingle in the Wind Waker who did pretty much the exact same thing. Except this time you had to pay $200 for a GBA, I'm not sure what's more annoying. Being robbed or being told the answer. And I'm pretty sure there was a song you could play in Majoras Mask that would spark a similar response from a spirit or some shit... I don't remember the details because that was by far the worst of the series.
Either way, you're missing the point. It's not about the characters as it is that they removed the thinking aspect from the game. Weather it be in the form of a farity or blocks that only move one way.

Request deletion

This went wrong.

Response to New Zelda!!! - Thread 2005-03-29 14:14:42

At 3/29/05 11:32 AM, Hoohah wrote:
At 3/29/05 11:30 AM, rootbeerfloat wrote: I don't have GameCube.
Get one, it's worth it

Mine is collecting dust.

Response to New Zelda!!! - Thread 2005-04-02 12:25:19

Don't mind DroopyA, he doesn't really bother to think out his points, and I doubt he's even played any other Zelda games other than Wind Waker, and just assumes that they all have the same items.

Anyhow, I can think of at least, let's see here... ten different ways to attack an enemy in Wind Waker, and that's just off the top of my head.

What do you like, Halo?
If I used your logic, I could say that Halo is objectively worse than Wind Waker, because you only have one way to attack, and no way to defend.

Although, I will agree with you on the sailing part. What the fuck was that?

Dead.

Response to New Zelda!!! - Thread 2005-04-02 12:26:37

At 3/29/05 10:56 AM, Toby05 wrote: Is anyone else excited about this?

New trailer

Saw it before. And Yeah, Im excited. You can fight while your on Epona. It's gonna be sweet.

Response to New Zelda!!! - Thread 2005-04-02 12:27:02

At 3/29/05 11:19 AM, DroopyA wrote: Whining

Jesus you need a shag.

BBS Signature

Response to New Zelda!!! - Thread 2005-04-02 12:31:47

At 4/2/05 12:27 PM, ThreeStar wrote: I'm definitely going to buy it.

Right now I'm just itching for a release date.

Im thinking IGN.com sayz July or June or some crap like that.

Response to New Zelda!!! - Thread 2005-04-02 12:32:55

...Should be an exciting game...I just hope it is not too short...if it follows current Zelda Trends it should be at least 30 gameplay hours... Gather 3 stones then gather a bunch of other stuff, then face Gannon/Boss...

well, like, you couldn't, like, find it because, like, you're dumb, god

Follow me on twitter :3

BBS Signature

Response to New Zelda!!! - Thread 2005-04-02 12:39:48

At 4/2/05 12:32 PM, R3dF0x wrote: ...Should be an exciting game...I just hope it is not too short...if it follows current Zelda Trends it should be at least 30 gameplay hours... Gather 3 stones then gather a bunch of other stuff, then face Gannon/Boss...

You counted the mini-games too?

Response to New Zelda!!! - Thread 2005-04-02 12:45:31

This has been done before, but yes, it is going to pwn like no other.
OMG SCREENY SHOT! Huzzah for Epona's return. I hated that fucking boat. >=(

New Zelda!!! - Thread

Response to New Zelda!!! - Thread 2005-04-02 12:55:39

At 4/2/05 12:52 PM, sleek0079 wrote: EPONA in the house, bitches!

The Hog in the house bitches

New Zelda!!! - Thread