00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Official Scriptwriters Thread

5,208 Views | 133 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Official Scriptwriters Thread 2005-03-04 22:35:10

I believe you might have misunderstood. When I said script I am not refering to Action Script. I am refering to script, like the writen script for a movie, like plot. The stuff that says what happens in the movie. The stuff made by writers? Ok if that wasn't clear enough then uh... You can't be helped, please check yourself into a mental institution.

K, I'm just kidding. But the point is, this isn't an Action Script thread, it's a story script thread.

Response to The Official Scriptwriters Thread 2005-03-04 22:37:19

At 3/4/05 10:31 PM, TwinsenDude wrote: lol you mean bring all the scriptwriters to one place so that you all get trusty with each other and write down your scripts here and then the people that are looking to steal scripts know EXACTLY where to come and don't even have to bother searching... :-\

No that's not what I mean. I think everyone is just a little too paranoid that everyone is out to steal their ideas. This is a place for people to formulate ideas and improve upon them, not to just put them up for people to steal. And besides all that, if someone does steal stuff they can be easily caught and that's why newgrounds has wistles to be blown.

Response to The Official Scriptwriters Thread 2005-03-04 23:44:59

At 3/4/05 10:37 PM, Zinger2099 wrote: No that's not what I mean. I think everyone is just a little too paranoid that everyone is out to steal their ideas. This is a place for people to formulate ideas and improve upon them, not to just put them up for people to steal. And besides all that, if someone does steal stuff they can be easily caught and that's why newgrounds has wistles to be blown.

no they can't, the stealer'll just say they thought of the idea before you posted it There's nothin u can do b/c chances are you'll miss it during judgement and you'll be the only person that knows that it's fake so no one else'll blow the whistle anyways...

No more animated sigs. :(

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Scriptwriters Thread 2005-03-05 00:00:43

At 3/4/05 11:44 PM, TwinsenDude wrote: no they can't, the stealer'll just say they thought of the idea before you posted it There's nothin u can do b/c chances are you'll miss it during judgement and you'll be the only person that knows that it's fake so no one else'll blow the whistle anyways...

Plenty of things get deleted after judgement. And havingthe script posted on the forums is permanent proof that you can use.

Response to The Official Scriptwriters Thread 2005-03-05 00:20:06

dang, i thought you meant actionscript. my bad.

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Scriptwriters Thread 2005-03-05 13:36:05

I'm not saying there isn't a risk, but as I've said many times already, the need for a forum like this outweighs the risk. And to anyone who contemplates stealing anything from here, I ask you, why steal when we have writer's LOOKING for animators to animate their scripts for them? It's pointless.

Response to The Official Scriptwriters Thread 2005-03-05 17:05:17

I leave momentarely and the thread gets burried... again... Is this to be the fate of our much needed scriptwriters thread?

I think we need something to give this thread a kick-start. So I propose a scriptwriters colab. Anyone who wants to join may do so, there is no limit. Once we have all our scriptwriters, we will write the best damn script ever. With all these creative minds overseeing it, it is sure to be one hell of a script. Once the script has been completed, we will get the best animator we can find to turn the script into a movie. This is something I don't believe has ever been done in this way. In the movie of course all scriptwriters who helped will be credited for their efforts.

Anyone who wants to be apart of this let me know.

Response to The Official Scriptwriters Thread 2005-03-06 15:36:34

I might be a part of that little plan of yours! Emphasis on MIGHT! It really all depends on the story. I'll bet we all have speacialities to certain genres: comedy, action, adventure, romance, horror! But I guess we could all give it our best shot, right?

Anyway: I've written some dialogue for a script I'm working on! It's a first draught and it's hand written so I'll try to get it typed up and post it here.
The basic idea is there is a paranoid guy living in Britain who knoes about a secret plan that started in Britain. The plan is in effect and the British government has millions of people in their public whose bodies are flooded with nanobots. When activated the nanobots take over a carriers body and they become a spy for the government unwillingly. The paranoid guy contacts the US president to ask for his help in bringing down the British government but he soon learns that this project is much bigger than he at first believed.

I may have explained that badly but I have scripted the dialogue for two phone calls and it seems good so far. I'm still working on the story. It will continue....

Response to The Official Scriptwriters Thread 2005-03-06 16:11:22

interesting, i look forward to further development of that story. As for the writers colab, we'll have to see how many people we can get.

Response to The Official Scriptwriters Thread 2005-03-06 17:04:29

i'll join, im a good comedy writer and can write something funny quickly if need be. find me on msn at TalonKing@gmail.com if you want to see some of my work.

Response to The Official Scriptwriters Thread 2005-03-06 18:15:04

Great! For now we're just gathering up scriptwriters, but as soon as we're ready to get to work I'll let you know. If you care to help please tell more scriptwriters about this topic.

Response to The Official Scriptwriters Thread 2005-03-07 13:18:51

Well! a forum for script writers, that's handy. I have been inspired by the people at Image Nation Animation to bring my ideas to life, but without any knowledge of Flash, or the ability to draw, all I'm good for is the script, mebbe the music parts, because I like to associate my ideas with music, just kinda play along with the song, yanno? Eventually, if I can find a flash artist I'll try to start doing full flash videos, maybe even series! I dunno if I'll put my ideas up here, had a few stolen on other message boards for writing, but if people contact me I'll definately try to work something out!
Well, that's all for now,

Peace!

Response to The Official Scriptwriters Thread 2005-03-07 14:01:41

Well, guys, ive just finished my 11 chapter story of which soon is to become a flash,
read it here!
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic.php?id=239390

Response to The Official Scriptwriters Thread 2005-03-07 15:07:09

impressive, you've got skills! you should join the scriptwriters collab.

Response to The Official Scriptwriters Thread 2005-03-08 11:02:48

tell me, what does it take to keep this topic afloat?

Response to The Official Scriptwriters Thread 2005-03-08 13:26:27

Do not worry. If we find the topic buried deep in the deep deep depths then we can type stuff and press clicky things and afloat it will be once more!

So, my script: working on it! Had an idea that might make animating it much easier so will probably be animating it myself! Haven't had time to type it up! Still only a rough draught and the story needs some work!

Can't be bothered using correct grammer! Leaving now!

Response to The Official Scriptwriters Thread 2005-03-09 09:43:24

So how ya doing this script writers collab?
*writes something down*
I wrote this like a week ago, its a cool little thing (more of a story than a script but it would be easily adapted)...i could animate it but im really busy with another project (dont wanna start on something else and never finish what im working on) so its free to anyone who wants to use it (tell me though ^_^ )...

And now to the worlds foremost experts in science with an important announcment...
We have definitvely discovered the cause of global warming. After long studies it seems pollution is a very small and insignificant factor in global warming, although pollution has steadily caused a growing number of birth defects and respitory diseases over the years. The true cause of global warming it seems is the earth wobbling off its axis only slightly towards the sun, enough to cause severe climate change. Also through immense study by scientists the world over we have discovered the cause of this disruption on the axis. The earths axis change caused the ice-age's prior and it is of no doubt because of a wieght imbalance upon the earth. During the Ice Age's enormous animals roamed one earths side while the other side had relatively small creatures. That was all the imbalance it took to cause the ice-age's and it seems its happening again today. One side of the Earth is inhabitted by massive animals and the other by rather small ones. The question though now is how do we fix this imbalance? Well the answer lies in you.
GET ON A TREADMILL TUBBY AND STOP SCREWIN THEM SKINNY ASIANS OUT OF MONEY!

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Scriptwriters Thread 2005-03-13 13:22:11

I'd also like to know how the colab would work, so... um... yeah!

I haven't had much time for writing recently due to overdue coursework and homework and stuff! I learnt to play bass guitar, a little, and I've been continuing playing the drums. I went to a friends house and we did teenage rebelious stuff!

That was my weekend and I'll try to post some script ASAP but for the time being I'm just too lazy!

My 16th birthday tomorrow! Woohoo!!

Response to The Official Scriptwriters Thread 2005-03-13 13:31:45

At 3/7/05 03:07 PM, Zinger2099 wrote: impressive, you've got skills! you should join the scriptwriters collab.

uh.....did you mean me???

Response to The Official Scriptwriters Thread 2005-03-13 13:32:59

At 3/4/05 10:10 PM, Zinger2099 wrote: Wow. I love that idea. It's very inovative. If my hands weren't so tied with flash projects as it is I'd offer to animate this myself. If nobody has picked up on that plot by the time I get some free time I'd love to work with you on it. Great job, I'm impressed.

Thanks, I thought of the idea for a flash while I was writing my novel(which is on Chapter 3 now) If anyone wants, I'll start writing the script for anyone interested in animating it. Just let me know here:

MSN: renewman@hotmail.com

Response to The Official Scriptwriters Thread 2005-03-15 12:18:39

Try and keep this thread going........even tho its been dead for a while.......
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic.php?id=239390
i need some advice, read ALL 11 chapters then tell me if i should write a sequel?

thnx

Response to The Official Scriptwriters Thread 2005-03-15 12:35:47

I wrote this in its own thread but then I noticed this one so...

Is it realistic to think that someone would make a FULL LENGTH RPG in flash? It would obviously have to be a series and there would have to be codes so that in the the next part of the RPG you punch in the code you got for beating the other one and you get the same stats you had in the other one. The reason I ask is because, I am writing an RPG (at least I was, haven't done anything with it for a while) It features a very uniqe battle system, it is full length, not like all these little flash RPGs you find on NG that you can beat in ten minutes, I'm talking about one you beat in 36 hours of actual playtime. I don't want to do it for one reason: I'm not a good enough animator. Otherwise I'd do it. Are there any really good animators and REALLY good actionscripters here that think this is something they could do? Really dumb question and I know the answer will be, "Do it yourself you lazy bum!" but I really don't want to screw up such a great RPG with bad animations. This is a lot to ask, I know. It would take planning and I'd have to finish the script but sometime in the future would anyone who is a really good animator and someone who is a really good actionscripter be interested in something like this? I can actually make a game like this without flash, I can use my RPG maker but it uses copywritten material, ripped game sprites and such. I also will not post the script on the BBS because if someone stole it...I don't know what I'd do. Since its not finished it would be hard to steal. If anyone has questions (such as if its good or not) I won't assume they want to work on it, so don't worry, I won't snag you for asking a question. I might send you the unfinished script if I trust you.

Response to The Official Scriptwriters Thread 2005-03-15 12:45:05

by script, do you mean AS?
if so, wrong thread, if not, ill help you write it, just read my story link on the post above yours

Response to The Official Scriptwriters Thread 2005-03-15 13:00:27

At 3/15/05 12:45 PM, The_Key wrote: by script, do you mean AS?
if so, wrong thread, if not, ill help you write it, just read my story link on the post above yours

by script I mean screenplay, like, "Arcadius: blah blah blah" that kind of script.

Response to The Official Scriptwriters Thread 2005-03-15 13:30:22

ok, yeah im also anyway converting my 11 chapter story into a script version ryt now!

Response to The Official Scriptwriters Thread 2005-03-15 14:00:54

hey, im a script writer, or at least i want to be. im working on a script right now for my first flash. id like to post it here so you can give me your thoughts, but someone might steal my idea and i dont want the whole story to be revealed like this. id prefer to keep some parts of it secret for the moment. any ideas about what i should do? thanks in advance.

Response to The Official Scriptwriters Thread 2005-03-15 14:12:31

At 3/15/05 02:00 PM, twilight_venom wrote: hey, im a script writer, or at least i want to be. im working on a script right now for my first flash. id like to post it here so you can give me your thoughts, but someone might steal my idea and i dont want the whole story to be revealed like this. id prefer to keep some parts of it secret for the moment. any ideas about what i should do? thanks in advance.

Uuum, not much you can do since you don't want to reveal the plot and you don't want it stolen. I know exactly what you mean, I don't like revealing my plots and I REALLY don't want them stolen. Only thing you can do is if someone offers to look over you script and critiqe it, hope you can trust them and then send it to them. I guess I could look at it. When people ask for my opinion tho I REALLY give them my opinion. If it sucks so bad that there is nothing anyone can do to save it, I'll probably say so. Well, if you want you can send it to me via email, cliftoje@fuse.net

Response to The Official Scriptwriters Thread 2005-03-15 14:18:45

are you one of the leaders of this club? if so, then i might send it to you. have you made any flash? cuz id like to know if you can review scripts well. i wouldnt like to give my plot to somebody i barely know. you understand that, right?

Response to The Official Scriptwriters Thread 2005-03-15 14:32:42

At 3/15/05 02:18 PM, twilight_venom wrote: are you one of the leaders of this club? if so, then i might send it to you. have you made any flash? cuz id like to know if you can review scripts well. i wouldnt like to give my plot to somebody i barely know. you understand that, right?

Yeah, I understand. I'm not a leader of this club and the only flashes I have are still being made, here are links to some unfinished cartoons:
this is my first ever
this is the beginning of an unfinished one
However, I have writen a few scripts, one of which one 3rd place on the gamewinners.com RPG script writing contest. I also wrote a review on epinions for "the Incedibles" and got some awesome and encouraging replys. I mean, I completely understand if you don't want to send it to me. You don't know me and for all you know I might steal it. As for whether or not my opinion counts...don't know what to say. Maybe it doesn't.

Response to The Official Scriptwriters Thread 2005-03-15 14:40:43

i cant watch any flash right now since im on really slow dial-up, but when i get back home, ill be able able to watch them with highspeed. about the script, if i were to send it to you, i wouldnt be able to do it right now since my script is saved on another computer. might take a couple of hours before i get back home.