00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ErziEngel just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Martial Arts Club

422,215 Views | 9,144 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-04 17:47:47

At 8/4/04 05:41 PM, Johnnyack wrote: alright guys, im out for the night, ill be on later.
make sure you put the link in your sig

Thanks for the reminder.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-04 19:47:49

hey anybody does boxing around here if you do tell me what equipment brand you use i use everlast

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-04 20:42:44

I posted a bit on the old thread in the General Forum

TaeKwonDo- 5 years, 2nd Dan black
Southern Praying Mantis Kung Fu- 3 years Adv. Yellow

I don't like discussing belt color because it is unimportant. Different styles and schools advance differently and and at different speeds. It is the skill of the person that counts. You don't need to wear a black belt to be skilled.

You can make me an elder if you want. I am sure I am knowlegeable enough. Plus I bet I am elder to a lot of you folks lol. I am 18.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-04 20:45:22

Whats the best thing you can do. Mine is either a hurricane kick. Its a 540 kick but vertical your body faces the ceiling and the floor when you spin in midair. You do a backhook, roundhouse, and another backhook before you land. my secondarys are 540 kick, scissor kick(back kick and sidekick in air at once), v kick 5 feet in air(two frontsnap kicks same height), speed side kick,(a side kick with close to perfect technique all power is focused in and can break boards and shit even if the target has no support or no one is holding it.) I love tae kwon do. And what the fuck is with the elder thing

This is how I kick your ass in real life. Martial Arts Club

And this is how I kick your ass in video games Super Smash Bros. Club

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-04 21:41:39

Sakurazukamori
since im an elder i think i can make ppl join so you are in put this link in ur sig and since you want to be an elder i suggest just to wait for the leader of the club and ask him

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-04 21:58:45

Oh ive done tae kwon do for about 5 years. did it when i was little but i was more into video games then. I also know some advanced hapkido and wepons shit. I would like to be and elder i guess but im not sure what they do

This is how I kick your ass in real life. Martial Arts Club

And this is how I kick your ass in video games Super Smash Bros. Club

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-04 22:10:36

dsmking im an elder and i dont really no what im doing but like i said ot the other guy you can join put this link in ur sig and then wait for the leader of the club and sk him if you could be and elder

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-04 22:39:37

My style, Mantis, is a close-range style. We don't have any real fancy moves, it's not a showy style. We back you into a wall or corner or at least get close to take away your range and beat the shit out of you. Some of the things emphasized are: countering and returning an attacker's force back at them (we never strike first), rooting into the ground to achieve superior balance, and controlling their movement. Mantis is a little known secretive style and is one of the few that has not been corrupted into a sport. It remains a fighting art: what all martial arts were originally created as. We have no competitions or board breaking and such, only things that have real fighting applications.

On a lighter note, I do miss the competitions from my TKD years, especially the sparring. However, I would never go back, after practicing mantis. I like it a lot better.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-04 22:49:42

At 8/4/04 08:42 PM, Sakurazukamori wrote: I posted a bit on the old thread in the General Forum

TaeKwonDo- 5 years, 2nd Dan black
Southern Praying Mantis Kung Fu- 3 years Adv. Yellow

I don't like discussing belt color because it is unimportant. Different styles and schools advance differently and and at different speeds. It is the skill of the person that counts. You don't need to wear a black belt to be skilled.

LOL, Did you read the first post? I don't care about color. In fact, the color of the belt means absolutely nothing to me. I know some white belts that can beat black belts in sparring. All I'm looking for is experience and wisdom. Prove to us that you have both of these and you'll be an elder.Actions speak a whole lot louder than words... Give insightful snd truthful information and you will become an Elder.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-04 23:02:06

Being an Elder is like being a head council member. I'm running a bit short on ideas for ranking and rules and regulations. We as a unit will decide on a ranking system and add rules as we progress debating and voting on what will work best for the club.
We need 10 Elders before we can start workin on ranking system, Does that make better since?

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-04 23:43:21

At 8/4/04 02:04 PM, Semi-Shinro wrote: I just got an Idea for a ranking system. But to do it we need 10 Elders.

hey can i be an elder i did tai kwon do, ninjistu, and tai chi

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-04 23:44:27

and if that doesnt impress you i got my own nunchakus and katanas

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-04 23:57:41

At 8/4/04 11:43 PM, blue_the_ninja wrote:
At 8/4/04 02:04 PM, Semi-Shinro wrote: I just got an Idea for a ranking system. But to do it we need 10 Elders.
hey can i be an elder i did tai kwon do, ninjistu, and tai chi

How long have you been studying each of these styles, and how far have you progressed in each? are you a Advanced, intermediate, or lowerin rank?

Please do not ask to be a Elder, We'll ask you if we see fit.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-05 00:15:54

i agree with you guys that belt really doesnt matter, ive seen 10 year olds running around with black belts in karate and various other forms, i posted this on the general forum, but in judo, before you can even think about testing for a higher rank you have to wait a certain amount of time, i believe i have to wait another 2 years for my second degree black belt. the wait between 6th and 7th degree is about 15 years. i think its a better system because it gives the rank some meaning. i had a friend who was doing tiger shulmans karate. after about a week, he decided he wanted to quit(we were like 11) and when he told the sensei, he was promoted to yellow so he would stay.
just goes to show ya...

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-05 00:16:10

At 8/4/04 11:57 PM, Semi-Shinro wrote: How long have you been studying each of these styles, and how far have you progressed in each? are you a Advanced, intermediate, or lowerin rank?

Please do not ask to be a Elder, We'll ask you if we see fit.

well i stayed in Tai Kwon Do until i reached my yellow belt then i took 3 or 4 classes of tai chi and about a week ago i started ninjistu

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-05 00:24:22

At 8/5/04 12:16 AM, blue_the_ninja wrote:

well i stayed in Tai Kwon Do until i reached my yellow belt then i took 3 or 4 classes of tai chi and about a week ago i started ninjistu

martial arts take a lifetime to master, its not just the moves, its a mentality,a state of being if you will. im not taking away from your accomplishemnts, im just saying

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-05 00:25:53

At 8/4/04 11:44 PM, blue_the_ninja wrote: and if that doesnt impress you i got my own nunchakus and katanas

Anybody can buy a weapon but it takes somone skilled to know how to use them. I current ovn and know ho w to use all of the following; Bo, Sai, Kama, Tonfa, Nunchakus, and Katana. By the way, If you're in the styles that you just said, you're not using katanas, You're using the Ninja's Straight Swords, Not Katanas.
There's a big difference. Sorry but you're not cut out to be an elder.

Good Night.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-05 00:56:05

How old are you and what styles have you studied ,and for how long? Weapons-wise, I have had some staff training, thats about it. I like the staff best.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-05 01:08:03

can i join iv been in tai kwon do, and jui jitsu for 9 years each, and ive been in shoto-khan karate for 6 years now and if thats not enough i have a pair of sais, 6 differnt kinds of nun chuckues, and 4 katanas.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-05 01:26:49

At 8/5/04 01:08 AM, nr5714k wrote: can i join iv been in tai kwon do, and jui jitsu for 9 years each, and ive been in shoto-khan karate for 6 years now and if thats not enough i have a pair of sais, 6 differnt kinds of nun chuckues, and 4 katanas.

the years of training are more important then the weapons, tell me one thing youve learned through martial arts and your in

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-05 04:19:50

At 8/5/04 01:26 AM, Johnnyack wrote:
the years of training are more important then the weapons, tell me one thing youve learned through martial arts and your in

all right this is the first thing my tai-kwon do teacher taught us being able to controll yourself is much more important than how much you know or how powerfull you are.
is that good enough?

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-05 04:23:32

oh yea and im 19 i started martial arts when i was 10 well actually, i started self defense when i was 7 but dropped out cause it just didnt intrest me.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-05 09:17:07

does anybody do judo here???

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-05 09:22:08

At 8/5/04 09:17 AM, boxer101 wrote: does anybody do judo here???

Haha ive done for about 1 year when i was really young, but - correct me if im wrong, judo is not a martial art.

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-05 09:33:11

Judo is many things to different people. It is a fun sport, an art, a discipline, a recreational or social activity, a fitness program, a means of self-defense or combat, and a way of life. So yes, it is a martial art.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-05 09:34:55

At 8/5/04 09:22 AM, carmelhadinosaur wrote:
Haha ive done for about 1 year when i was really young, but - correct me if im wrong, judo is not a martial art.

Semi-Shinro thinks boxing isnt martial art but i think it is and when you were in judo did you learn the judo chop(i don think it's the real name) well my frined showed me it and it waws real cool so do you no what move IM tlkaing about

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-05 09:36:30

At 8/5/04 09:17 AM, boxer101 wrote: does anybody do judo here???

ive done judo since i was seven, trust me, it is a martial art
and nr5714k you are in, congrats.you think hes elder material semi? i do.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-05 09:38:15

Semi-Shinro i got an idea for the ranking system this is it

1.Leader(you)
2.Elders
3.Samurai
4.Ninja
5.Karate kid

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-05 09:38:25

At 8/5/04 09:34 AM, boxer101 wrote:
At 8/5/04 09:22 AM, carmelhadinosaur wrote:

Semi-Shinro thinks boxing isnt martial art but i think it is and when you were in judo did you learn the judo chop(i don think it's the real name) well my frined showed me it and it waws real cool so do you no what move IM tlkaing about

there is no such thing as the judo chop. judo is the art of using your opponants momentum against them, it was derived from jujitsu and is basically the same thing but doesnt have the wrist locks.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-08-05 09:40:35

At 8/5/04 09:38 AM, Johnnyack wrote:
there is no such thing as the judo chop. judo is the art of using your opponants momentum against them, it was derived from jujitsu and is basically the same thing but doesnt have the wrist locks.

so you saying my frineds just made that moved up that basturd ive been practing it for like a week now