00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

quickstove just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

How's Your Webcomic?

2,420 Views | 86 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to How's Your Webcomic? 2024-02-06 22:58:09

At 1/22/24 01:54 PM, AfroEuropean wrote:
Hello NewGrounds!

We are How's Your Webcomic - a webcomic community originating from the /co/ boards of 4chan. After years on the board and the declining state and malicious trollposting, we've decided to set sail from /co/ and move onto NewGrounds as our new home.

In How's Your Webcomic, you can show, discuss and share your webcomic with other likeminded creators of the underground webcomic scene. While we have some regulars over here, we're always welcoming to those who wanna come in and look around, maybe share their stuff as well!

If you're interested in some of the works of the community, you can check our webcomic list and you can always respond to the OP if you want your comic on the list.

Besides the thread, we also organize various fun community events, in particular our community's yearly Valentine's Day Collab and the grand CRAB tournament - short for 'Comics and Random Art Battle' - an art battle tournament that has been going on for almost 3 years now.

Future regular events may come by as well in the future, but we must see.

For now, thank you that we can have a new home over here and may this be the start of a new era!

Yo sick! Just finished my first chapter a day ago

It's like reverse Conan.

Dear god what they say about the project you worked the hardest on getting the least notice is true...

Keep those comics flowing fellas!

BBS Signature

Response to How's Your Webcomic? 2024-02-07 20:11:20

First 10 Pages of my comic called "Hero" will release on Feb 9th. I've made a blog about what to expect of this series to not clog up threads and what not.

iu_1159120_10218409.webp

Response to How's Your Webcomic? 2024-02-08 10:26:09

At 2/6/24 10:58 PM, MudHutGrug wrote:
Hello NewGrounds!

We are How's Your Webcomic - a webcomic community originating from the /co/ boards of 4chan. After years on the board and the declining state and malicious trollposting, we've decided to set sail from /co/ and move onto NewGrounds as our new home.

In How's Your Webcomic, you can show, discuss and share your webcomic with other likeminded creators of the underground webcomic scene. While we have some regulars over here, we're always welcoming to those who wanna come in and look around, maybe share their stuff as well!

If you're interested in some of the works of the community, you can check our webcomic list and you can always respond to the OP if you want your comic on the list.

Besides the thread, we also organize various fun community events, in particular our community's yearly Valentine's Day Collab and the grand CRAB tournament - short for 'Comics and Random Art Battle' - an art battle tournament that has been going on for almost 3 years now.

For now, thank you that we can have a new home over here and may this be the start of a new era!
Yo sick! Just finished my first chapter a day ago
https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/mudhutgrug/comic-unlander
It's like reverse Conan.

Dear god what they say about the project you worked the hardest on getting the least notice is true...

Keep those comics flowing fellas!

Looking real nice man!

Response to How's Your Webcomic? 2024-02-09 19:13:52

At 2/1/24 08:57 PM, CornCobBro wrote:
At 1/29/24 05:27 PM, CornCobBro wrote:
At 1/25/24 06:24 PM, CornCobBro wrote:
At 1/23/24 04:42 PM, CornCobBro wrote:
Hello NewGrounds!

Enter Chicken Man. Page 5.
Page 6
Page 7
Page 8

Page 9iu_1159881_17826295.webp

Response to How's Your Webcomic? 2024-02-10 06:41:00

Hello NewGrounds!

How does a guy (i.e. me) interact or join in with this cool community here?

BBS Signature

Response to How's Your Webcomic? 2024-02-11 02:24:41

At 2/10/24 06:41 AM, MudHutGrug wrote:
Hello NewGrounds!

Just keep making comics! 🫵

Response to How's Your Webcomic? 2024-02-11 15:17:29 (edited 2024-02-11 15:17:53)

iu_1160779_3203071.webpBeen sick all week and feeling drained and unmotivated, so I tried to channel that energy into this week's episode. Better than nothing I say

https://m.tapas.io/episode/3093872

Back on track next week hopefully. As always, new episode every Sunday at noon

Response to How's Your Webcomic? 2024-02-12 09:36:01

My comic is titled "Ctrl + Shift + click a taskbar button" and it's about relatability, video games are a big focal point.

iu_1161125_10495428.webp

Response to How's Your Webcomic? 2024-02-14 02:41:43

I've been contemplating lately to bypass my lack of comic experience by buying a surplus of A5 sketchbooks and blazing through those.

Response to How's Your Webcomic? 2024-02-14 22:34:44

It's Valentine's Day, so it's time for /HYW/'s annual Valentine's Day collaboration extravaganza event!!!

See some of our fun submissions of this year and perhaps join next year as well!!!

I'm gonna break the ice and showcase my submissions:

Response to How's Your Webcomic? 2024-02-14 22:58:37

At 2/10/24 06:41 AM, MudHutGrug wrote:
Hello NewGrounds!

Keep making comics and keep posting!

Response to How's Your Webcomic? 2024-02-15 04:23:21

For Santa Valentino I drew this for Vanderino:

And this for X-person/X-Guy who doesn't have a NG account just yet (but he should):

Response to How's Your Webcomic? 2024-02-15 07:42:48

Hello NewGrounds!

Valentine's Day stuff yeeeee

iu_1162634_17826295.webpiu_1162635_17826295.webp

Response to How's Your Webcomic? 2024-02-15 10:56:56

At 2/14/24 10:34 PM, AfroEuropean wrote: It's Valentine's Day, so it's time for /HYW/'s annual Valentine's Day collaboration extravaganza event!!!
See some of our fun submissions of this year and perhaps join next year as well!!!

https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/afroeuropean/starry-ladders-valentine-s-day
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/918114

These match ups were fun

iu_1162705_13084285.webp

iu_1162706_13084285.webp

BBS Signature

Response to How's Your Webcomic? 2024-02-16 10:08:26

Unholy necromancer ass

Response to How's Your Webcomic? 2024-02-16 10:24:12

At 2/16/24 10:08 AM, JiieArt wrote: Unholy necromancer ass

https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/jiieart/2024-hyw-sweethearts-submission

We also have the second comic!!!

Response to How's Your Webcomic? 2024-02-16 12:18:14

At 2/14/24 10:34 PM, AfroEuropean wrote: It's Valentine's Day, so it's time for /HYW/'s annual Valentine's Day collaboration extravaganza event!!!

https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/afroeuropean/starry-ladders-valentine-s-day
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/918114

Heck yah, this event was super fun B)

Response to How's Your Webcomic? 2024-02-16 22:32:06

I am rather woefully slow at keeping up with and reading everyone's webcomics but I'll just share a few of my thoughts on the ones here that I have read.

Before knowing anyone or their work here, I did read a modest portion of the earlier parts of Comedy of the Carrion Angels back in 2018, a comic I only very sloppily keep up with. The horror and occult themes make this a very particular story that may not resonate with everyone, figuratively speaking it is an octagon prism in a field of square and circular pegholes. Passing knowledge of Abrahamic (predominantly Jewish) mysticism and occult will make for a rewarding experience, the more the better. Most everyone who have read the comic will agree that the protagonist villainous father Jacques is the best part.

Pizza Time by Huge Rat is a riot to read. It's got the spirit of the fun parts of rock music. I strongly feel that if you have listened to and enjoyed Green Jelly/Jello, that you would enjoy this too. You don't gotta be familiar with any old rock band to appreciate reading this comic but it helps. A lot. You can either read the comic as the backlog is updated in real time here on Newgrounds or you can click the link to the comicfury version to binge and catch up. I give it 11 Ladykiller by The Vandals relistens out of 666 replays of Death Piggy's seldom few musical outputs.

Wings of Daera is a high fantasy comic in a world that was devastated long ago by a global ecological disaster. A big draw for me is the intrigue and mystery of learning about how the world works and the full context behind what happened. Do not be fooled by Fiadh he is quite a bit more than a stupid idiot boy~

Response to How's Your Webcomic? 2024-02-18 15:27:42

Another week, another webcomic update 

https://m.tapas.io/episode/3099973

Currently on the hunt for a nice digital camera for the next phase of my webcomic

As usual, new updates every Sunday at nooniu_1164060_3203071.webp

Response to How's Your Webcomic? 2024-02-20 23:37:51

Thank you @B0BERT for the kind words on CotCA!!

Keep making comics everyone!

Response to How's Your Webcomic? 2024-02-21 18:46:02

Response to How's Your Webcomic? 2024-02-23 15:52:59

Hey guys. Betz here. Finally migrating with my two series Bite Sized/Full Sized Terriful (link here: https://tapas.io/series/Bite-Sized-Terriful/info and https://bitesizedterriful.thecomicseries.com/archive/comics) and Apocalypse Knight (https://tapas.io/series/Apocalypse-Knight/info# and https://apocalypseknight.the-comic.org/ updates Mondays and Fridays). Glad to see /hyw/ has found it's new home.

Response to How's Your Webcomic? 2024-02-23 16:43:46 (edited 2024-02-23 16:48:41)

Wow, there's a whole HYW thread in here? Anyways, here's what I've been working on recently, just for fun. I might also start making comics again soon. Probably Witch's Hill.

iu_1166302_7294209.webp

Response to How's Your Webcomic? 2024-02-25 15:35:22

Big day for my webcomic. New episode I'm dropping will usher in the main arc of the webcomic. Also gonna be passing 2k views

https://m.tapas.io/episode/3107028iu_1167078_3203071.webp

Response to How's Your Webcomic? 2024-02-26 01:14:23

At 2/25/24 03:35 PM, Jugg4n4ut wrote: Big day for my webcomic. New episode I'm dropping will usher in the main arc of the webcomic. Also gonna be passing 2k views

https://m.tapas.io/episode/3107028

Congrats on 2k views, the new chapter's ending got me pumped for what comes next. He's bustin' out!!

Response to How's Your Webcomic? 2024-02-26 15:03:27

hello hyw, iu_1167646_21230607.webphow do i post

Response to How's Your Webcomic? 2024-02-26 16:55:09

We released a new page today. (https://tapas.io/episode/3093319)

One of the things recommended to us was the release in more complete sections rather than page-by-page. In your opinion, do you like reading comics that release page by page more consistently, or having bigger updates less frequently?

Response to How's Your Webcomic? 2024-02-27 17:47:36

Does anyone have some WIP's to post? Just finished a chapter, two more to go in this arc. Feeling like I'm back in the groove after pushing through the last few chapters

iu_1168143_13253912.webp

Response to How's Your Webcomic? 2024-02-27 19:31:02 (edited 2024-02-27 19:31:22)

At 2/27/24 05:47 PM, Huge-Rat-Comics wrote: Does anyone have some WIP's to post? Just finished a chapter, two more to go in this arc. Feeling like I'm back in the groove after pushing through the last few chapters

One of the newest sketches from Pin. I wrote this whole sequence that was going to be cool with the intention of having the clock be digital and displaying the time in red (to emphasize the importance) only to realize I wrote in a power outage like two pages before. Thankfully, he drew this really nice grandfather clock that you can see in panel 5.iu_1168199_17890431.webp

Response to How's Your Webcomic? 2024-02-29 05:30:48 (edited 2024-02-29 05:31:29)

Starry Ladders, Starry Ladders. It's another webcomic covering the topic of music and done by music buffs. So it's technically up my alley by default. Only caveat is that I am barely familiar with the genre of shoegaze at present time. The most appealing thing about stories with music as the center is the different ersatz band names you can find in them and that's one of the cute little bonuses of the story. I wish I had more to say as the story is in the early stages but the dynamic between the clean cut Simon and the unflushed turd that is *Barnabus Swain is beyond promising. I'm excited for more.

*Barnabozo is a good source of most of the jokes (at his deserved expense) in the comic.