00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Lunauwubaby just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Abandonware - An Art and OCs Club!

2,030 Views | 145 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

At 1/8/24 11:53 PM, Thetageist wrote:
At 1/8/24 11:49 PM, zombehattack wrote: The background is a placeholder, but this is what I have so far:
Ah crap, I said “will do” and then forgot. Here you go.

Alright, I suppose I’ll start with the Theta lore, since I posted her up here.

Theta, in life, was the secretary of a government official in a space colony on the volcanic planet Thanatos V. Disaster struck one day and one of the nearby volcanoes that wasn’t predicted to erupt soon wiped out the entire colony without anyone able to escape. Months later, an alien necromancer arrived and raised the colonists back from the dead, now ruling it himself; Theta became one of his right-hand undead. Now, planet Earth has caught wind of this and have sent a human expedition to put down what they see as a monstrous threat.

I want to make this a whole story or animation at some point, I think it’s fun as just a spoof/point of view reversal of a usual “expedition to a hostile planet” sci-fi film plot. With space zombies thrown in for good measure, because you can’t get more cheesy than mixing up sci-fi, fantasy, and horror in a mid-century B-movie setting.

Someone please help me revive my clubs

BBS Signature

Response to Abandonware - An Art and OCs Club! 2024-01-26 23:52:59

At 1/26/24 08:49 AM, Sonasonayeah wrote: Yo

we’re alive, right?

I miss abandonware

We're more than alive, my job has just been kicking my ass these last few weeks. Sorry chums.

BBS Signature

Response to Abandonware - An Art and OCs Club! 2024-01-27 00:03:40

I'm still here, but life has gotten a bit busy for me too. >_<

Response to Abandonware - An Art and OCs Club! 2024-01-28 16:41:49

@Ostan5000 did a doodle of Daisy Leigh (posted earlier in this thread) based on a description I gave of her. The challenge was that I couldn’t send him the ref of her.

Hell, this might help me stylize her some more and get rid of unnecessary details.

BBS Signature

Response to Abandonware - An Art and OCs Club! 2024-02-01 02:47:09

I'll definitely check this place out and add to it later.

Greetings, paisanos! Mind if a friendly crow person joins your ranks?

Here's my sona

iu_1156131_5144725.webp

(unrelated note but I thought this was a group about abandonware games and programs at first and we submit fan art and OCs from those things)

I'm just some crow, I don't know how I do the things I do.

BBS Signature

Response to Abandonware - An Art and OCs Club! 2024-02-02 02:59:41

At 2/1/24 06:24 PM, Yabloko-BlackByrd wrote: Greetings, paisanos! Mind if a friendly crow person joins your ranks?

Here's my sona

(unrelated note but I thought this was a group about abandonware games and programs at first and we submit fan art and OCs from those things)

Welcome aboard, yonder crow! Nice to see another animal person around here lol.

BBS Signature

Response to Abandonware - An Art and OCs Club! 2024-02-03 10:50:59

At 2/1/24 06:24 PM, Yabloko-BlackByrd wrote: Greetings, paisanos! Mind if a friendly crow person joins your ranks?

Here's my sona

Yooooo your Sona looks great!

"I'm just gonna put my foot on the floor and I'm not lifting till I see God or a checkered flag"

BBS Signature

Howdy chums! Remember that poster I mentioned? Well, it's (sort of) finished! Here's what I've got. It's missing BlueKnightSkeleton and Lunar-Nebula because I didn't have good transparents for the characters they wanted to use (sorry!!) , but I did my best to fit everyone in otherwise.

iu_1157069_8995593.webp

Featuring (from top left to bottom right):

@MetalSyrupNG

@ColonelYuri

@Yabloko-BlackByrd

@Sonasonayeah

@Thetageist

@Alenicia

@zombehattack

@EmsDeLaRoZ

@Enzo-a-person

BBS Signature

Response to Abandonware - An Art and OCs Club! 2024-02-03 20:12:44

Holy shit this goes extremely hard :O

Response to Abandonware - An Art and OCs Club! 2024-02-03 23:07:20

At 2/3/24 05:59 PM, zombehattack wrote: Howdy chums! Remember that poster I mentioned? Well, it's (sort of) finished! Here's what I've got. It's missing BlueKnightSkeleton and Lunar-Nebula because I didn't have good transparents for the characters they wanted to use (sorry!!) , but I did my best to fit everyone in otherwise.

@MetalSyrupNG
@ColonelYuri
@Yabloko-BlackByrd
@Sonasonayeah
@Thetageist
@Alenicia
@zombehattack
@EmsDeLaRoZ
@Enzo-a-person

Nice work! It's coming together nicely.

BBS Signature

Response to Abandonware - An Art and OCs Club! 2024-02-04 00:51:17

iu_1157234_7574568.webp

Annors, created from my expeditions into 4chan.

Response to Abandonware - An Art and OCs Club! 2024-02-04 16:55:13

At 2/3/24 05:59 PM, zombehattack wrote: Howdy chums! Remember that poster I mentioned? Well, it's (sort of) finished! Here's what I've got. It's missing BlueKnightSkeleton and Lunar-Nebula because I didn't have good transparents for the characters they wanted to use (sorry!!) , but I did my best to fit everyone in otherwise.

@MetalSyrupNG
@ColonelYuri
@Yabloko-BlackByrd
@Sonasonayeah
@Thetageist
@Alenicia
@zombehattack
@EmsDeLaRoZ
@Enzo-a-person

Holy guap it’s beautiful

"I'm just gonna put my foot on the floor and I'm not lifting till I see God or a checkered flag"

BBS Signature

Response to Abandonware - An Art and OCs Club! 2024-02-05 07:10:25

@MetalSyrupNG
@ColonelYuri
@Yabloko-BlackByrd
@Sonasonayeah
@Thetageist
@Alenicia
@zombehattack
@EmsDeLaRoZ
@Enzo-a-person

I love it. ^-^

Response to Abandonware - An Art and OCs Club! 2024-02-06 00:18:01

At 1/13/24 10:32 AM, Thetageist wrote: I’ve been thinking of possibly redesigning this old-ish OC, though I’ve pretty much left the Soviet Treasure Island fandom (aside from possibly wanting to revisit the creepypasta I wrote about it?) and she’d therefore need somewhere else to go.

Or maybe I’m just seeing how rushed this ref was and being unhappy with that, who knows lol

Give me your thoughts!

Update: I have a potential new idea for a complete rework of Daisy. I remembered Robert Louis Stevenson wrote both Treasure Island and The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, so I thought of changing Daisy from a ghost into a part-time serial killer due to a science experiment gone wrong. The other half of the time she might just be a reclusive young woman who lives in a spooky house, or something like that. I think that’d be just as fun as the ghost thing, without being a metaphor for being ignored, I guess.

BBS Signature

Response to Abandonware - An Art and OCs Club! 2024-02-06 01:55:54

A peep at my new nascar racecar scheme. I switched from Monster Energy to Monstercat, an EDM label (if you don’t know what that is, think rocket league/geometry dash music)

iu_1158318_7595065.png

“Starcom Garage (Formerly ZYT Motorsports) announces Monster Energy will downsize its sponsorship deal. Its replacement will be the Monstercat record label. We hope to have a bright future with Monstercat and the #15 team.”

BBS Signature

Response to Abandonware - An Art and OCs Club! 2024-02-08 10:12:27

I got a new phone

iu_1159294_7595065.png

BBS Signature

Response to Abandonware - An Art and OCs Club! 2024-02-12 22:47:03

How have you guys been? What’s new?

BBS Signature

Response to Abandonware - An Art and OCs Club! 2024-02-12 22:52:33

At 2/12/24 10:47 PM, Sonasonayeah wrote: How have you guys been? What’s new?

I've been alright myself. Working on some valentines stuff and this big fanart for a creator I like.

BBS Signature

Response to Abandonware - An Art and OCs Club! 2024-02-12 23:12:26

At 2/12/24 10:52 PM, zombehattack wrote:
I've been alright myself. Working on some valentines stuff and this big fanart for a creator I like.

V nice v nice, I got accepted into university

BBS Signature

Response to Abandonware - An Art and OCs Club! 2024-02-12 23:33:38

At 2/12/24 11:12 PM, Sonasonayeah wrote:

Ayy, congrats!!

BBS Signature

Response to Abandonware - An Art and OCs Club! 2024-02-13 00:47:56

Did something for the Valentine’s Day collab with one of my OCs, currently throwing myself into an art trade for a friend, and got some other stuff on the horizon.

I also keep looking in my wips folder at a self-ship shitpost drawing for Valentine’s season (surprise, this is what I never disclosed about myself in that big thread!), but I’m too ashamed of myself and afraid to reveal it to even work on it. I have a pose sketch and that’s it.

BBS Signature

Response to Abandonware - An Art and OCs Club! 2024-02-13 06:06:42

At 2/13/24 12:47 AM, Thetageist wrote:
Did something for the Valentine’s Day collab with one of my OCs, currently throwing myself into an art trade for a friend, and got some other stuff on the horizon.

I also keep looking in my wips folder at a self-ship shitpost drawing for Valentine’s season (surprise, this is what I never disclosed about myself in that big thread!), but I’m too ashamed of myself and afraid to reveal it to even work on it. I have a pose sketch and that’s it.

Understandable, we all got the stuff we make purely for ourselves type shit. Shoutout the drawings of myself split into like 5 people that will never see the light of day. It’s normal to do, kinda like a canon event yaknow

BBS Signature

Response to Abandonware - An Art and OCs Club! 2024-02-13 06:57:12

am fine. I'm currently doing various programming projects. I want a folder big enough to try and search for job in somewhere

Being 100% alive means taking a 50% of actions and having a 50% of perspective

BBS Signature

Response to Abandonware - An Art and OCs Club! 2024-02-13 09:19:40

I've been good! Nothing really interesting is happening, just trying to get through school this week.

I bought a TI 84 Plus calculator at goodwill last week, and have been playing Chips Challenge and Tetris on it instead of actually doing work.

Also that's great :D! What are you going to be studying?

-Enzo

BBS Signature

Response to Abandonware - An Art and OCs Club! 2024-02-13 10:29:26

At 2/13/24 09:19 AM, Enzo-a-person wrote:
I've been good! Nothing really interesting is happening, just trying to get through school this week.
I bought a TI 84 Plus calculator at goodwill last week, and have been playing Chips Challenge and Tetris on it instead of actually doing work.

Also that's great :D! What are you going to be studying?

Real asf

also im studying 2D animation

BBS Signature

Response to Abandonware - An Art and OCs Club! 2024-02-13 18:19:01

Just working on Valentines and/or comic related stuff. Also schoolwork

BBS Signature

Response to Abandonware - An Art and OCs Club! 2024-02-19 01:40:06

At 1/5/24 11:51 PM, zombehattack wrote:
At 1/5/24 11:33 PM, BlueKnightSkeleton wrote:
At 12/20/23 10:38 PM, BlueKnightSkeleton wrote: Neat! Idk what to do, but neat.
And whelp. I guess i dunno on what to start.
No joke, i got no idea how to introducce me properly lmao-
Well, you could always make a little post about yourself and your art, things you like to do or anything like that. If it helps, you're already a member in my eyes.

Well, yeah, i guess i finally got an idea what to post, but yeah.

Instead of my OCs and world i'll go with my sona. Yeah, i'm not a dubious knight skull type character lmaoiu_1164280_9123886.webp

lmao

Cool, wild and Groovy beat.

BBS Signature

Response to Abandonware - An Art and OCs Club! 2024-02-19 01:42:02

At 2/19/24 01:40 AM, BlueKnightSkeleton wrote:
Well, you could always make a little post about yourself and your art, things you like to do or anything like that. If it helps, you're already a member in my eyes.

Instead of my OCs and world i'll go with my sona. Yeah, i'm not a dubious knight skull type character lmao
lmao

Ooh sweet, I can actually put you on the poster :O

BBS Signature

Response to Abandonware - An Art and OCs Club! 2024-02-19 08:37:16

At 2/19/24 01:42 AM, zombehattack wrote:
At 2/19/24 01:40 AM, BlueKnightSkeleton wrote:

Instead of my OCs and world i'll go with my sona. Yeah, i'm not a dubious knight skull type character lmao
lmao
Ooh sweet, I can actually put you on the poster :O

What poster?

Cool, wild and Groovy beat.

BBS Signature