00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

UmanaJose just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Portal: Multi-Art and Multi-Author!

13,271 Views | 238 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Portal: Multi-Art and Multi-Author! 2023-09-26 05:48:39

At 9/26/23 04:49 AM, Tyrzi wrote: Will the multi-image viewer support left and right keys for changing the page?

Currently those keys are used by the fullscreen player to move zoomed in art around but we will likely be changing those keys (maybe ASDW?) to make the arrow keys available for changing pages.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal: Multi-Art and Multi-Author! 2023-09-26 06:17:34

At 9/25/23 11:39 PM, Anonymous-Frog wrote:
this u? Is there also an Audio Portal update too?

The Latest Audio wasn't updating yesterday but Jim fixed that this morning. There's still a bug where thumbnail uploading for audio is broken. Audio was basically caught in the crossfire of all the big back-end changes that happened yesterday.

BBS Signature

Yipee

iu_1087012_11035166.jpg

Response to Art Portal: Multi-Art and Multi-Author! 2023-09-26 06:34:41

Really like the new gallery feature. Came out a day after I already uploaded stuff though, so got to redo those lol

Drawing mechs and monsters because I relate more to them than people somehow. (Commissions open rn btw)

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal: Multi-Art and Multi-Author! 2023-09-26 07:01:44

BANGER UPDATE

(though, i do have a question, can we abuse preview image if it's funny and not harmful, like for april fools thing lol)

Beans and Beans and Beans and Beans and Beans and Beans and Beans and Beans and Beans and Beans and Beans and Beans and Beans and Beans and Beans and Beans and Beans and Beans

Response to Art Portal: Multi-Art and Multi-Author! 2023-09-26 07:08:44

At 9/26/23 07:01 AM, tscoct wrote: BANGER UPDATE

(though, i do have a question, can we abuse preview image if it's funny and not harmful, like for april fools thing lol)

In general we want to avoid it getting abused even if it's funny, because people need to trust the thumbnail is a preview of what they will be seeing. April Fools might be an exception but should still practice restraint.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal: Multi-Art and Multi-Author! 2023-09-26 09:02:57

multi-artist credits dont seem to show up on mobile!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal: Multi-Art and Multi-Author! 2023-09-26 09:08:23

At 9/26/23 09:02 AM, 06 wrote: multi-artist credits dont seem to show up on mobile!

Well look at that! Filed a ticket for this.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal: Multi-Art and Multi-Author! 2023-09-26 10:58:01

This will be SO useful to me as a 3D Artist! Plus, it may even encourage me to return to my first love (before I learned how animation works), making funny multi-page comics!

Response to Art Portal: Multi-Art and Multi-Author! 2023-09-26 11:26:12

Well that's great. I can't wait to use this new Art feature to it's fullest potential!

AW Hell Yeah dude!! IM EXCITED FOR THIS!

Thanks a bunch Tom, @PsychoGoldfish, & team!

Ms. busy bee!! <3

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal: Multi-Art and Multi-Author! 2023-09-26 12:35:13

Hi. Is the system going to have support for preference defaults? Right now the system requires quite a few more clicks than the previous form, and as someone who uploads a lot of art, and has some carpel tunnel symptoms, every click makes a big difference for me.

The issues for me:

• I only ever upload one to category, illustration, but now I have to do 2 clicks to select it, whereas previously I had to do none.
  • I always use a license, and previously that was on by default. Now it's off by default. So I have to click it on, and then do another click for the license preferences I want. People will generally always want the same license, so it'd be nice if it saved their preference and you didn't have to do this every time.
  • Do we really need the confirm publish prompt? It feels like such an unnecessary extra click. Can't it be a checkbox that's on by default saying you understand the terms?

Also, a bug:

• If you select the wrong picture to upload, you delete it, select a new one, but it doesn't prompt you to save the new thumbnail. And if you try to re-cut it, it doesn't update to the new picture.

Response to Art Portal: Multi-Art and Multi-Author! 2023-09-26 13:04:31

This new art portal update has been amazing so far!

Been using it on older works to tidy things up; works like a charm!

100% gonna use this to my advantage!

Response to Art Portal: Multi-Art and Multi-Author! 2023-09-26 13:24:31

you can always hide the intended thumbnail somewhere in the piece instead if you wanna throw people off

Response to Art Portal: Multi-Art and Multi-Author! 2023-09-26 13:28:19

don't like how you can't see the size and dimensions anymore. otherwise, good update.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal: Multi-Art and Multi-Author! 2023-09-26 13:35:08

At 9/26/23 01:28 PM, quarantineROT wrote: don't like how you can't see the size and dimensions anymore. otherwise, good update.

true true true, hope that returns!

Response to Art Portal: Multi-Art and Multi-Author! 2023-09-26 13:45:07

HUZZAH! Thanks to everyone involved for this wonderful boon! Will absolutely giving great use to these features, especially when if finally frees my comic from being limited to WebToons or Patreon!

Newgrounds is getting more of my silliness, and it lifts my spirits to do so. =)

Looks like things might still be broken for supporters, even increased the monthly amount, but it's limiting me to 11 images still.

I could also be an idiot and be misinterpreting the original post that the 11 images is INCLUDING supporters at this current time.

Response to Art Portal: Multi-Art and Multi-Author! 2023-09-26 14:50:27

At 9/26/23 01:48 PM, CelestOrion wrote: Looks like things might still be broken for supporters, even increased the monthly amount, but it's limiting me to 11 images still.

I could also be an idiot and be misinterpreting the original post that the 11 images is INCLUDING supporters at this current time.

This is still broken but the fix is rolling out pretty soon, I'll update the post to note when it's fixed.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal: Multi-Art and Multi-Author! 2023-09-26 15:38:57

At 9/26/23 01:24 PM, BrandyBuizel wrote:

you can always hide the intended thumbnail somewhere in the piece instead if you wanna throw people off

https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/brandybuizel/spicy-mustard

ye i also used that at some point, the preview editor just has so much more potential for fooling around

though i will probably wont use that in the near future anyway

Beans and Beans and Beans and Beans and Beans and Beans and Beans and Beans and Beans and Beans and Beans and Beans and Beans and Beans and Beans and Beans and Beans and Beans

Response to Art Portal: Multi-Art and Multi-Author! 2023-09-26 16:26:08

Nice that the 11 page limit is lifted!

A suggestion that I can make, would be to have a few extra Credit roles for the Comic listings, such as writer or editor, since it felt weird to have them credited as 'Cleanup' or just 'Author'.

Response to Art Portal: Multi-Art and Multi-Author! 2023-09-26 16:29:57

At 9/26/23 04:26 PM, CelestOrion wrote: Nice that the 11 page limit is lifted!

A suggestion that I can make, would be to have a few extra Credit roles for the Comic listings, such as writer or editor, since it felt weird to have them credited as 'Cleanup' or just 'Author'.

Those are on the list for adding! Josh is still in bug mode for now.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal: Multi-Art and Multi-Author! 2023-09-26 17:14:08

BBS Signature

I'm curious about how 3D models would work now that the Art Portal has finally migrated to the project system. If someone makes a 3D model and then shares it with the rest of site to make paint overs or little gif animations with, would it be allowed in the Art Portal so long as the piece is transformative enough and a user credit is given to the original model maker?

[1] - [2]

Response to Art Portal: Multi-Art and Multi-Author! 2023-09-26 18:37:40

Mr Tom, i don't know if it's a bug but for some reason in the artwork i don't see the amount of pixels per image, i don't know if it's part of the update because i didn't read it or a bug but i liked to see that information. 

BBS Signature

EDIT: Thought I fixed it by readding an image and bringing the icon option back that way, but going to upload still gives me an error message as if I didn't have an icon.

Found something odd when posting, that being that the option to add an icon is... completely gone.

iu_1087315_7622445.png

Found it weird to have finished everything before a post and gotten ready to upload, only for the uploader to tell me that I'm missing an icon after I had just added it. I checked to see if this was something just exclusive to this upload, but making a brand-new Art Portal upload has the icon field completely absent as well.

iu_1087316_7622445.png

Response to Art Portal: Multi-Art and Multi-Author! 2023-09-26 19:07:24

At 9/26/23 06:55 PM, b1tterpunk wrote: EDIT: Thought I fixed it by readding an image and bringing the icon option back that way, but going to upload still gives me an error message as if I didn't have an icon.

Found something odd when posting, that being that the option to add an icon is... completely gone.

We still have some weirdness happening with thumbnails. I think I fixed that one a little earlier though, unless it's one you haven't published yet?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal: Multi-Art and Multi-Author! 2023-09-26 19:10:04

At 9/26/23 07:07 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 9/26/23 06:55 PM, b1tterpunk wrote: EDIT: Thought I fixed it by readding an image and bringing the icon option back that way, but going to upload still gives me an error message as if I didn't have an icon.

We still have some weirdness happening with thumbnails. I think I fixed that one a little earlier though, unless it's one you haven't published yet?

It was one I hadn't published at the time! I fiddled around with it a little more and got the project to upload by sourcing the icon from one of the pages, though any time I tried to upload my own icon file it was a bust. The option to upload kept disappearing each time I refreshed the page, too.

Response to Art Portal: Multi-Art and Multi-Author! 2023-09-26 19:47:24

At 9/26/23 04:49 AM, Tyrzi wrote: Will the multi-image viewer support left and right keys for changing the page?

If you wanna keyboard browse, the best way is click the image to go full-page, then you can use < & > to flip through, +/- to zoom, and arrow keys to move around when zoomed in

Response to Art Portal: Multi-Art and Multi-Author! 2023-09-26 19:47:40

Common Newgrounds W