00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KiToDaAra just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Bug Reports Thread

13,433 Views | 472 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-10-30 14:01:59

ok in case if anyone is confused, here's some context for why is there Epicwinnzer's one of pfp here in first place, while ago I actually stole his pfp and set it up as a my pfp for giggles and shit, it was lighthearted and it was just for an certain thread, it lasted for very short amount of time and I decided to go back to my usual pfp quickly after,
hope this explains it.

anyways, so recently like some day(s) ago I decided to change my pfp to jax (the purple rabbit), but however, now, when I click on icon options, I keep getting this.

like this is not my pfp anymore (in-fact, it was a joke pfp that lasted for very short amount of time), what is going on??

iu_1105842_11185278.png

I use firefox and windows 7 in case if that helps,

I tried cleaning my cache, I even tried closing my browser AND cleaning my cache again, however, the problem still continues.

at this point, as much as I don't want to make a fool out of myself, I don't know what to do with this so uh send help lol.

(btw if anyone is curious on what happens when you click save, this is what happens)

iu_1105841_11185278.png

(also yes, for some reason you can still change your border shape, I would know I tried that lol.)

I may not be the brightest in the box full of light-bulbs, but that doesn't mean I can't light the way in this dark world.

(you can call me wilson or mawi if you want, I'm also the one who made skibidi club.)

TOYHOUSEYOUTUBETUMBLRREDDIT

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-10-30 15:53:09

Are you copying images from another web page and trying to paste them in? If so, showing the link is the normal behavior at the moment. If that isn't what is happening, are you adding an image and you see the image in the text editor, only to have it become a link after you publish?

It's the latter. Also, the issue where the autosave function happens everytime whenever I click the add image button in the submission's description is still present.

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-10-30 16:00:07

At 10/30/23 03:53 PM, SuperMcGuffin64 wrote:
It's the latter. Also, the issue where the autosave function happens everytime whenever I click the add image button in the submission's description is still present.

Ah yeah, same is happening to me! Filed a ticket.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-10-31 11:25:21 (edited 2023-10-31 11:27:27)

When i search for something and then from the results page i search for something else, the original search words are kept and i can't get rid of them. They don't appear in the tags with the X alongside the tags i searched afterwards. In this example i first searched for "shaman king", and then for "tao jun". I wanted to remove "shaman king" from the search to exclude the ones that don't feature tao jun, but i couldn't do it without going back to the art portal from before i searched anything. This can be really annoying for people that don't realize their original search is still being applied.

iu_1106396_7939671.webp

btw i don't think in this case it's relevant but i'm using Brave, latest version

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-10-31 12:24:25

At 10/31/23 11:25 AM, Edeshye wrote: When i search for something and then from the results page i search for something else, the original search words are kept and i can't get rid of them. They don't appear in the tags with the X alongside the tags i searched afterwards. In this example i first searched for "shaman king", and then for "tao jun". I wanted to remove "shaman king" from the search to exclude the ones that don't feature tao jun, but i couldn't do it without going back to the art portal from before i searched anything. This can be really annoying for people that don't realize their original search is still being applied.

btw i don't think in this case it's relevant but i'm using Brave, latest version

That's actually the "intended" behavior so that people can filter their main search by tags, although something to make it more clear and easier to remove would be ideal there. It wouldn't be part of the tag search because the phrase is part of a larger search that includes titles, commentary, etc.

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-10-31 12:37:10

At 10/31/23 12:24 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 10/31/23 11:25 AM, Edeshye wrote: When i search for something and then from the results page i search for something else, the original search words are kept and i can't get rid of them. They don't appear in the tags with the X alongside the tags i searched afterwards. In this example i first searched for "shaman king", and then for "tao jun". I wanted to remove "shaman king" from the search to exclude the ones that don't feature tao jun, but i couldn't do it without going back to the art portal from before i searched anything. This can be really annoying for people that don't realize their original search is still being applied.

That's actually the "intended" behavior so that people can filter their main search by tags, although something to make it more clear and easier to remove would be ideal there. It wouldn't be part of the tag search because the phrase is part of a larger search that includes titles, commentary, etc.

OAHHH, my bad... the original search box is still up there and i'm blind i guess. Please ignore xD

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-10-31 12:42:24 (edited 2023-10-31 12:42:40)

At 10/31/23 12:37 PM, Edeshye wrote:
At 10/31/23 12:24 PM, TomFulp wrote:

OAHHH, my bad... the original search box is still up there and i'm blind i guess. Please ignore xD

i would have totally understood if you'd answered me with something like this:

iu_1106420_7939671.png

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-10-31 14:43:08

Really minor thing, but one thing I've definitely noticed when the art and project merge thing happened was that I was unable to zoom in correctly on pages of art pieces made after the merge, on the mobile layout of the website.

In fact I can't even move horizontally at all; only scroll it vertically, which definitely strikes me as unintended behaviour. It happens when you try to do either of these things (zoom in on the webpage or move horizontally) when you're doing it on the image itself.

What's really weird to me is that art pieces made before the merge are not subject to this, and I can freely move around the webpage and zoom in as I please.

And yes, tapping the image and zooming in that way works perfectly fine, but I'd rather the webpage itself behave correctly like it did prior to the merge.

I'm using an Android phone, and the Google Chrome browser app.

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-11-01 18:22:05

I can't respond any reviews on my own project. (I'm part of a collab)

iu_1107261_10093215.webp

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-11-01 21:38:12

what is this

iu_1107368_9558927.png

(I found about this bug when I searched forum posts and then news posts.)

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-11-02 01:06:30

I recently successfully changed all of my pre-multi-image update small sprite art's thumbnails from horribly blurry & compressed to crisp & smooth (save to assume it's finally fix), but the downside is that I can't zoom in to my small artwork anymore. Is it a bug or it's a removed feature?

While I was changing thumbnails & saving afterwards, I encounter two glitches, one where the CC license settings are not saving properly & the other one where my tags get randomly changed to one random singular predetermine tag.

Here are the links to my artwork where the tag glitch occurred.

These three were changed to just "crazy".

While this one was changed to just "dog".

I've changed the tags back to normal & successfully saved afterwards.

Browser: Google Chrome

Operating Software: Windows 10

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-11-02 08:19:11

At 11/2/23 01:06 AM, SuperMcGuffin64 wrote: I recently successfully changed all of my pre-multi-image update small sprite art's thumbnails from horribly blurry & compressed to crisp & smooth (save to assume it's finally fix), but the downside is that I can't zoom in to my small artwork anymore. Is it a bug or it's a removed feature?

That's another bug, the intent is to be able to zoom in extra close to pixel art.

While I was changing thumbnails & saving afterwards, I encounter two glitches, one where the CC license settings are not saving properly & the other one where my tags get randomly changed to one random singular predetermine tag.

CC license is a known issue, where it doesn't auto-save so if you leave the page without publishing the data is getting lost. This tag thing has me curious though....

Here are the links to my artwork where the tag glitch occurred.

These three were changed to just "crazy".

Had you entered a word that had any similarity to crazy? Had you been pasting in a list of tags, or manually typing them in? Can you explain the individual steps that lead to this happening, with as much detail as you can remember?

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-11-02 08:32:41

At 11/1/23 09:38 PM, 4n0nymou5 wrote: what is this

Looks like it's showing a variable name instead of the name of the category you could search (movies, for example). Logged it in the bug list!

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-11-02 16:44:14

Had you entered a word that had any similarity to crazy? Had you been pasting in a list of tags, or manually typing them in? Can you explain the individual steps that lead to this happening, with as much detail as you can remember?

IIRC:

1. I was just simply editing the thumbnails from blurry pixels to smooth pixels & preventing the CC license glitch.
  2. Didn't add nor removed tags & kept them the same.
  3. Clicking publish changes.
  4. Noticing the tags randomly & automatically changed from dreamcast, playstation-1, sprite, memory card, koco, what-if, nes-sprite, 90s-nostalgia, etc. to either just dog or crazy despite not making any changes to said tags after saving changes.

In later submission edits, I think adding and/or removing tags, then publishing changes afterwards may had prevent the predetermine tag glitch from occurring.

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-11-03 08:18:13

At 11/2/23 10:48 PM, JJBolton635 wrote: There's something up with my News Posts.

It won't allow me to save changes after publishing. I found out while I was trying to fix a gramatical error.

And sometime the text cursor does not appear as I'm typing either the News Posts themselves or as I'm typing a comment on somebody else's blog.

I recreated the first bug but haven't recreated the second yet. Is anyone else experiencing that, where the cursor vanishes? Is it happening in the middle of typing or is it happening when you first click on the text box to type?

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-11-03 08:41:54

At 11/2/23 10:48 PM, JJBolton635 wrote: There's something up with my News Posts.

It won't allow me to save changes after publishing. I found out while I was trying to fix a gramatical error.

Jim just fixed this one now!

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-11-08 09:07:14

Someone sent me to this thread.

iu_1110611_6398882.jpg

My submission has the little film icon in the top left corner even though it’s not a GIF, it is just a PNG image. I see it on both mobile and PC, signed in and signed out.

Not a huge issue, I just don’t want people thinking it’s an animation when it isn’t.

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-11-08 09:18:09

At 11/8/23 09:07 AM, dupreedraws wrote: Someone sent me to this thread.

My submission has the little film icon in the top left corner even though it’s not a GIF, it is just a PNG image. I see it on both mobile and PC, signed in and signed out.

Not a huge issue, I just don’t want people thinking it’s an animation when it isn’t.

There's a running ticket for this one, I've added this as another example.

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-11-08 10:07:44

At 11/8/23 09:18 AM, TomFulp wrote:

Great, thanks!

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-11-08 16:13:06

Question, how do I see these ticket examples?

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-11-08 16:29:56

At 11/8/23 04:13 PM, dupreedraws wrote:

Question, how do I see these ticket examples?

The tickets are all internal, unfortunately.

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-11-12 01:58:02

Not sure if this is reported already, but some of my pixel art (including some of their thumbnails) looks distorted like these for example.

I don't recall them looking like that before the multi-art update happened.

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-11-13 07:56:13 (edited 2023-11-13 08:06:11)

Windows 10, chrome and firefox, the text box broke in a private message. You can see the text going onwards to infinity to the right side.

iu_1113110_8424579.webp

Sorry about the double post, got too distracted with the idea of a minor contest and forgot about this thread whoops. If it helps, I'm leaving here a far cleaner version of the bug report.

A rat peddler, peddling his ratty wares.

Looking for playtesters for a pixel art dark fantasy game, but apparently not enough to spam the news about it!

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-11-13 08:38:41

At 11/13/23 07:56 AM, HatiValcoran wrote: Windows 10, chrome and firefox, the text box broke in a private message. You can see the text going onwards to infinity to the right side.

Sorry about the double post, got too distracted with the idea of a minor contest and forgot about this thread whoops. If it helps, I'm leaving here a far cleaner version of the bug report.

Is that black box an image to the left of the text?

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-11-13 10:13:07 (edited 2023-11-13 10:20:39)

At 11/13/23 08:38 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 11/13/23 07:56 AM, HatiValcoran wrote: Windows 10, chrome and firefox, the text box broke in a private message. You can see the text going onwards to infinity to the right side.

Is that black box an image to the left of the text?

No, the message was made up only of text and

text

The only thing besides text was a link at the end of the message.

Example. Only text, code blocks for formatting and a link such as this. Nothing more.

Just covered the parts mentioning the name of the person I was messaging to not just publicly out them in the forums as a fan of forest shack.

I can forward you the message if it would help.

A rat peddler, peddling his ratty wares.

Looking for playtesters for a pixel art dark fantasy game, but apparently not enough to spam the news about it!

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-11-14 11:33:50

An Old Fan-Net Link Code Page On 2007! But Remove It Tom Fulp!iu_1113628_19669212.webp

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-11-14 12:11:08

At 11/14/23 11:33 AM, SmurfCatIsGay wrote: An Old Fan-Net Link Code Page On 2007! But Remove It Tom Fulp!

What is the url for that?

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-11-14 12:39:28

At 11/14/23 12:11 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 11/14/23 11:33 AM, SmurfCatIsGay wrote: An Old Fan-Net Link Code Page On 2007! But Remove It Tom Fulp!
What is the url for that?

https://www.newgrounds.com/account/network

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-11-15 08:29:58

Unchecking Adult Rated Authors is not being very effective 😅

iu_1114139_7939671.png

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-11-15 17:01:27

I'm experiencing an issue with an image in one of my submission's descriptions breaking out of nowhere, here's what it looks like.

iu_1114314_9783066.png

Here's what the image in the description originally looks like.

iu_1114315_9783066.png

This is the only submission so far where this glitch occurred twice.

I had tried re-adding the same image in the description a few days ago, but it just came back today.

Browser: Google Chrome

Operating Software: Windows 10