00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ayumi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Republican thread

14,727 Views | 428 Replies

There is just so much going on in the Republican party right now that I thought I would just create a general topic for it.

As a registered Republican, I find the party fractured by Trump, and aimless, with a sizable portion of it going further to the extreme, driven mad by the perpetual outrage machine they create in the current culture war that seems to be their only campaign platform. To keep the party unified, the more Trumpian Republicans, use a heavy hand approach on any disobedience, or criticisms of the party, from within their own ranks, who stray to far from Trumpism, to keep them in line by canceling them out of positions of power and censuring them.

The party seems to delight in prompting vaccine hesitancy, and making the pandemic worse, leading to a lot of unnecessary deaths, and which seems to have made the supply chain problems worse right now by all the sick people who are unable to work to get things to stores or provide services.

Many Republicans still promote the big lie over the election, which led to Jan 6th, with a lot of the Republican base only willing to vote for candidates who support that lie. While Republican controlled states spend a lot of their legislature energy to cement their power by growing govermnet over voting, making it harder for poorer people to vote, who are less likely to support their party. Or some governors of those states trying to creating hotlines to go after anyone who is suspected of teaching CRT or providing abortions.

For a party that is riding the perpetual wave of of outrage and self victimization over claims of being canceled, they certainly are busy going "bat shit insane", and extreme, by going out of their way to cancel out anything that offends them - be it it in their own party or at other groups they hate.

Response to The Republican thread 2022-01-27 17:02:51

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

Response to The Republican thread 2022-01-27 17:13:38

At 1/27/22 03:52 PM, EdyKel wrote: There is just so much going on in the Republican party right now that I thought I would just create a general topic for it.

As a registered Republican, I find the party fractured by Trump, and aimless, with a sizable portion of it going further to the extreme, driven mad by the perpetual outrage machine they create in the current culture war that seems to be their only campaign platform. To keep the party unified, the more Trumpian Republicans, use a heavy hand approach on any disobedience, or criticisms of the party, from within their own ranks, who stray to far from Trumpism, to keep them in line by canceling them out of positions of power and censuring them.

The party seems to delight in prompting vaccine hesitancy, and making the pandemic worse, leading to a lot of unnecessary deaths, and which seems to have made the supply chain problems worse right now by all the sick people who are unable to work to get things to stores or provide services.

Many Republicans still promote the big lie over the election, which led to Jan 6th, with a lot of the Republican base only willing to vote for candidates who support that lie. While Republican controlled states spend a lot of their legislature energy to cement their power by growing govermnet over voting, making it harder for poorer people to vote, who are less likely to support their party. Or some governors of those states trying to creating hotlines to go after anyone who is suspected of teaching CRT or providing abortions.

For a party that is riding the perpetual wave of of outrage and self victimization over claims of being canceled, they certainly are busy going "bat shit insane", and extreme, by going out of their way to cancel out anything that offends them - be it it in their own party or at other groups they hate.

I believe it is important to consider the racial aspect of modern Republicanism. Republicanism has intentionally or unintentionally branded itself for the last 30 years as the party of the white man. You see it becoming more extreme and fractured naturally as the white population of the United States dwindles. Desperation.

What I believe is most fascinating is the emerging appeal to ancient Rome among the more extreme sects of conservatives. Conservatism on it's own is no ideology. Nostalgia over 1950's America is no basis for something that is effective or helpful to anyone. Republican adoption of SPQR signals that white "conservatives" are beginning to get a clearer picture of what they want to fight for.

Come on down to Feet Village open 24/7 schedule your visit today!

BBS Signature

Response to The Republican thread 2022-01-27 17:17:26

At 1/27/22 05:02 PM, Gario wrote: don't forget about them trying to force alternative views on the holocaust in schools, ban books that show the horrors of nazi germany, and make asinine statements like "antivaxx folk have it harder than the jews, at least they could hide in attics like anne frank"

if we're gonna call out republicans we best go all the way with it

"Calling out" extremist republicans who appeal to third positionists is no way to engage in a productive discussion. I'd much rather you look at the Republican party and try to deduce what they want to fight for. Simply calling them racist nazis is....bigoted. No better word.

Come on down to Feet Village open 24/7 schedule your visit today!

BBS Signature

Response to The Republican thread 2022-01-27 18:17:23

At 1/27/22 05:17 PM, PigLice wrote:
"Calling out" extremist republicans who appeal to third positionists is no way to engage in a productive discussion.

dunno why it's not productive, but whatever

I'd much rather you look at the Republican party and try to deduce what they want to fight for.

how 'bout you tell me

i've deduced that they're an insular group afraid of their own shadows while soaking in a myth of their own past, the myth that deep down americans make up the most liberated population in the world

the leadership that haven't drank their own koolaid perpetuate the worst aspects of their party, the culture war garbage and fascism, because this allows them to do things that are otherwise universally unpopular like strip the impoverished of any governmental support while expending national capital on the very wealthiest in the nation

but please, tell me what you think the republican party stands for

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

Response to The Republican thread 2022-01-27 20:14:49

At 1/27/22 05:13 PM, PigLice wrote:
At 1/27/22 03:52 PM, EdyKel wrote: There is just so much going on in the Republican party right now that I thought I would just create a general topic for it.

I believe it is important to consider the racial aspect of modern Republicanism. Republicanism has intentionally or unintentionally branded itself for the last 30 years as the party of the white man. You see it becoming more extreme and fractured naturally as the white population of the United States dwindles. Desperation.

What I believe is most fascinating is the emerging appeal to ancient Rome among the more extreme sects of conservatives. Conservatism on it's own is no ideology. Nostalgia over 1950's America is no basis for something that is effective or helpful to anyone. Republican adoption of SPQR signals that white "conservatives" are beginning to get a clearer picture of what they want to fight for.

Well, conservatism, at it's base level has always been about traditions, and not changing things (and has a lot to do with culture, and preserving it), while often being very exclusive on who is considered part of it. And while it's often not clear what political meaning it currently has, as it's constantly being defined, and redefined, by those who describe themselves as one, or those who criticize those of it, at any point in time....

It has evolved, and changed, overtime, but the base definition hasn't, even though it's become very politicized in the last 60 years, and is now pretty much a needed credential to be part of the Republican party. A party that has become a lot more extreme, where moderate Republicans are a dying breed in it, as the more extreme parts of it take over it with their ideas of conservative puritanism, with the majority of them promoting some lie over the 2020 elections, spreading covid misinformation, and this leading to the growing violence from the rigt due to all of this rampant, and intentional, partisan misinformation, while beating the drums of white culture identity politics to foaming of the mouth levels

I don't find any of this interesting, just deeply concerning. Plus, I'm not quite sure what you mean by SPQR, unless you mean how not everyone was allowed to participate in the Roman democracy based on their social standing.

Response to The Republican thread 2022-01-27 22:35:33

hilarious you call yourself republican

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Republican thread 2022-01-27 23:25:40

At 1/27/22 10:35 PM, Sequenced wrote: hilarious you call yourself republican

I said registered Republican, not some mindless zealot who votes on party lines for superficial reasons such as culture. And I have about 30 years of voting for both sides, and a decent grasp of issues they stand on to know how to vote. I doubt you can say the same.

Response to The Republican thread 2022-01-28 01:07:14

Republican Rift on Ukraine Could Undercut U.S. Appeals to Allies

WASHINGTON — As President Joe Biden tries to forge a united allied response to Russian aggression in Ukraine, unity on the home front is strained by a Republican Party torn between traditional hawks in the leadership and a wing still loyal to Donald Trump’s isolationist instincts and pro-Russian sentiment.

Nikki Haley says Biden should 'step down and take Kamala with him' because the US looks 'weak' on foreign policy heading into the Beijing Olympics

Former UN Ambassador Nikki Haley called on President Joe Biden and VP Kamala Harris to resign.
In a Fox News Radio interview, Haley said Biden should "step down and take Kamala with him."
Haley also said she was worried the US would look weak on foreign policy at the Beijing Olympics.

Mitch McConnell says Biden is 'moving in the right direction' in his response to Russia's threats against Ukraine

Response to The Republican thread 2022-01-28 06:12:48

At 1/27/22 05:02 PM, Gario wrote: don't forget about them trying to force alternative views on the holocaust in schools, ban books that show the horrors of nazi germany, and make asinine statements like "antivaxx folk have it harder than the jews, at least they could hide in attics like anne frank"

I feel like I should repeat at this point that Sir Winston Churchill, rabid anti-communist that he was, considered the Nazis so totally evil that he teamed up with Stalin to defeat them. So no one ever has an excuse not to oppose Nazis.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to The Republican thread 2022-01-28 12:57:11

There is a literal nazi party right now, in China, actively genociding the Uyghur people.

And you feel the need to complain about Republicans doing mean things, which you can democratically and peacefully overhaul, with the entire support of the big mainstream media behind you.

coo coo bitch lmfao

Response to The Republican thread 2022-01-28 13:04:58 (edited 2022-01-28 13:05:16)

At 1/28/22 12:07 PM, BUM-DRILLER wrote: With the highest diplomatic prose and deference, I am absolutely for and support Edykel’s efforts to contain his comments regarding the corrupt and barely-tolerable-to-living Republican National Committees’ continued efforts to inflict as much calumny as much as they can heave upon brave and stunning BIBOC queer and others who suffer from widespread systematic racism, fatphobia and other such nonconsentually immoral social constructs.

No, just have an actual political platform like they did 30 year's ago when I started voting for them, instead of this chaotic and rabid culture wars of theirs that is used to excite their base to show up and vote for them but doesn't offer any tangible benefits but to feed their egos and fears. And please don't get drunk this time, Sause.

Moving on...

Texas AG went on Mike Lindell's TV network urging people to pressure state judges after they stopped him from prosecuting supposed voter fraud

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton went on MyPillow CEO and conspiracy theorist Mike Lindell's broadcast platform and urged the public to put pressure on the state's Court of Criminal Appeals judges over a recent ruling that stripped him of the power to unilaterally prosecute supposed election-fraud cases.

"Contact the Court of Criminal Appeals. Call them out by name. I mean, you can look them up," the Republican attorney general said during an interview last week with Brannon Howse on Lindell's platform, Frank.

So, the Republican Texas Attorney General goes to one of the biggest 2020 election conspiracies podcasts to tell people who believe that the election was stolen from Trump to harass judges, who ruled against his effort to abuse the system to prosecute voter fraud.

Response to The Republican thread 2022-01-28 13:07:23

At 1/28/22 12:57 PM, HavryloThePigeon wrote:
There is a literal nazi party right now, in China, actively genociding the Uyghur people.

indeed

why are you bringing this up in a thread about republicans

Response to The Republican thread 2022-01-28 13:13:35

At 1/28/22 01:07 PM, Gario wrote:
indeed

Read the last paragraph of my message

coo coo bitch lmfao

Response to The Republican thread 2022-01-28 13:18:28 (edited 2022-01-28 13:19:17)

indeed

I think you need to tone it down a bit, Gario. I know it's fun to call them Nazis, just like some other posters calling Democrats, and the left, Nazis, the other week, with the most nebulous of claims, but you are getting lot of push back from more moderate posters. Let's not continue to water the term down, regardless if Godwin gave you his blessing over it. Just stay focused on Republican efforts to grab power in the country through authoritarian means in this thread.

Response to The Republican thread 2022-01-28 13:45:35

Actually, if we can contain all the nazi posts in this thread as a quarantine zone, this sub forum may become readable again to casual viewers

hello

Response to The Republican thread 2022-01-28 13:48:25

At 1/28/22 01:45 PM, BUM-DRILLER wrote: Actually, if we can contain all the nazi posts in this thread as a quarantine zone, this sub forum may become readable again to casual viewers

I hope you are not drunk, again. if not, keep on topic.

Response to The Republican thread 2022-01-28 13:50:43

At 1/28/22 01:48 PM, EdyKel wrote:
At 1/28/22 01:45 PM, BUM-DRILLER wrote: Actually, if we can contain all the nazi posts in this thread as a quarantine zone, this sub forum may become readable again to casual viewers
I hope you are not drunk, again. if not, keep on topic.

You don’t get it: I am 100% for the success of your thread. If this topic takes off, we can keep you preoccupied into one location.

hello

Response to The Republican thread 2022-01-28 14:12:47 (edited 2022-01-28 14:18:12)

At 1/28/22 01:18 PM, EdyKel wrote:
indeed

I think you need to tone it down a bit, Gario. I know it's fun to call them Nazis...

i wasn't calling republicans nazis there, edy

that was about the chinese government, which was hyperbolic in an attempt to brush his silly comment aside entirely

read the room a little better

but you are getting lot of push back from more moderate posters

in all seriousness, in all my years on here when have i ever cared about what moderates think...?

i'm not a moderate :/

At 1/28/22 01:13 PM, HavryloThePigeon wrote:

i did, it was completely irrelevant

an attempt to deflect, nothing more

Response to The Republican thread 2022-01-28 16:46:55

What beliefs do you hold that make you think that the Republican party is still the party that represents you?

Response to The Republican thread 2022-01-28 17:29:42

indeed

This is itself an attempt to silence criticism. "It's shittier elsewhere" is not an argument.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to The Republican thread 2022-01-28 18:03:36

At 1/28/22 05:29 PM, DamnedByFate wrote:
indeed

This is itself an attempt to silence criticism. "It's shittier elsewhere" is not an argument.

Yeah, I'm sure the Uyghurs in China really do hate the Republicans for how mean and racist they are!

coo coo bitch lmfao

Response to The Republican thread 2022-01-28 18:13:42

Cope and Seethe

iu_537008_9743139.webp

No pods, no casters

Response to The Republican thread 2022-01-28 18:23:38

At 1/28/22 06:03 PM, HavryloThePigeon wrote:
Yeah, I'm sure the Uyghurs in China really do hate the Republicans for how mean and racist they are!

why are you talking about the uyghurs in a thread about republicans?

are republicans somehow responsible for the genocide happening in china, or something?

if you want to talk about the uyghur genocide go make a thread about it

Response to The Republican thread 2022-01-28 19:12:30

At 1/28/22 04:46 PM, TecNoir wrote: What beliefs do you hold that make you think that the Republican party is still the party that represents you?

They use to, with their conservation approach on the environment, defending small businesses, and attempts to defend and promote democracy around the world, but they slowly eroded into their current form where much of these platforms no longer appeal to their base, just identity politics.

At 1/28/22 06:13 PM, GenericDungeonSlime wrote: Cope and Seethe

Well, considering you support Republicans because they appeal to you with their emotional level identity politics, as they whip you into a frenzy of outrage against the left like a madden horse, while giving nothing you actually need, I say you have some real issues

You also need to read the actual article of the meme you posted, which has this nugget in it: The GOP advantage may already be eroding.

Response to The Republican thread 2022-01-28 20:17:16

At 1/28/22 07:52 PM, EdyKel wrote: Daily outrage:

Good Lord this is rich

hello

Response to The Republican thread 2022-01-28 20:27:02

At 1/28/22 07:12 PM, EdyKel wrote:
At 1/28/22 04:46 PM, TecNoir wrote: What beliefs do you hold that make you think that the Republican party is still the party that represents you?
They use to, with their conservation approach on the environment, defending small businesses, and attempts to defend and promote democracy around the world, but they slowly eroded into their current form where much of these platforms no longer appeal to their base, just identity politics.

That doesn't really answer my question, it just tells me what they used to believe.

Response to The Republican thread 2022-01-28 20:32:24

At 1/28/22 08:27 PM, TecNoir wrote:
At 1/28/22 07:12 PM, EdyKel wrote:
That doesn't really answer my question, it just tells me what they used to believe.

Well, I suppose you already answered your question then.

Response to The Republican thread 2022-01-28 20:39:32

At 1/28/22 08:17 PM, BUM-DRILLER wrote:
At 1/28/22 07:52 PM, EdyKel wrote: Daily outrage:
Good Lord this is rich

Yeah, i noticed that to... You would think they would have something truly to be outraged over, like Jan 6th, and the election lies that led to it, instead of being outrage over the implications of it by playing the victim card to downplay it.

iu_537109_3128420.png