00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

craigfarndell just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Super Mario Club

162,894 Views | 3,407 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Super Mario Club 2005-09-26 08:48:59

Don't know if I'd participate in all kinds of polls and trivia myself, but I support it for the rest of you all.

I found out I own Mario Party 4. I'm not sure if I mentioned that when i signed up, but i just founded it buried in my room. Still works, too. ^_^

King Of Fighters '98: The Slugfest

"Nothing Is Perfect, Therefore Perfection Is Flawed." - Adam Lewis

BBS Signature

Response to Super Mario Club 2005-09-26 15:19:36

At 9/26/05 08:48 AM, Pure_LionHeart wrote: Don't know if I'd participate in all kinds of polls and trivia myself, but I support it for the rest of you all.

I found out I own Mario Party 4. I'm not sure if I mentioned that when i signed up, but i just founded it buried in my room. Still works, too. ^_^

Hey you just gave me a great idea, why dont we have a daily poll where in we list what Mario games we have. Lets see I have:
Super Mario World
Super Mario All Stars
Super Mario Sunshine
and then I have some Mario roms on the comp like Mario vs. Donkey Kong and some other stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Mario Club 2005-09-26 15:34:54

Let's make it all "offical looking"

We can make a daily poll, but trivia as it takes some time to think of a question will only be once a week. Up to 4 questions may be asked... I guess.

Weekly Trivia

Today's Topic: Super Mario Sunshine

1) Is there a green yoshi in Super Mario Sunshine?

2) What course has the "haunted" hotel?

3) Who objected to Mario's detainment in Delfino Plaza? (In the court room)

4) What are the two types of peoples living on the island?

Answers will be posted tomarrow

I think that's offical enough. Anyways, you guys don't have to participate in all of them, I'll just post em now and then.

And, about the poll, I own the following games:

Paper Mario (N64)
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GC)
Super Mario Sunshine (GC)
Super Mario 64 DS (DS)
Mario Party 4 (GC)
Mario Party (N64)
Super Mario Advance 2 (GBA)
Super Mario Advance (GBA)
Mariokart 64 (N64)
Mariokart Super Circut (GBA)
Super Smash Brothers Melee (GC)
Super Smash Brothers (N64)

I've lost the following games:
Super Mario 64 (N64)

And trashed/sold the following:
Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt (NES)

I think that's quite a list XD

Nomader ('No, mad, er').

Review Request Club // Former Wi/Ht? Regular

Oh God, you're an idiot.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Mario Club 2005-09-26 16:10:49

At 9/26/05 03:34 PM, Nomader wrote: 1) Is there a green yoshi in Super Mario Sunshine?

Not a playable green yoshi as far as I recall.

Sirena Beach

Peach

Pianta and Noki

BBS Signature

Response to Super Mario Club 2005-09-26 16:38:03

Thanks for participating in this week's quiz BananaBreadMuffin - answers will be posted tomarrow (as previously mentioned; also, I'm going to try to sound less "mechanical" from now on)

Also, just wanted to mention - does anyone know the release date for Super Mario Strikers?

Nomader ('No, mad, er').

Oh God, you're an idiot.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Mario Club 2005-09-26 18:05:01

At 8/31/04 06:21 PM, Tyrkey wrote: Thanx I wanna be Lakitu and my favorite game is Super Mario Kart: Double Dash

See I`ve been a member of this club so can i rejoin?

Response to Super Mario Club 2005-09-26 18:08:30

At 9/26/05 06:05 PM, Tyrkey wrote:
At 8/31/04 06:21 PM, Tyrkey wrote: Thanx I wanna be Lakitu and my favorite game is Super Mario Kart: Double Dash
See I`ve been a member of this club so can i rejoin?

Oh, sorry if you've misunderstood me - all former members are invited to join, so long as they don't spam this place - heck, if you look back at your last post before the death of this club, you were the last post - then we revived it - yes, your most definitly in, don't worry.

Nomader ('No, mad, er').

Oh God, you're an idiot.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Mario Club 2005-09-27 10:08:42

At 9/26/05 04:38 PM, Nomader wrote: Also, just wanted to mention - does anyone know the release date for Super Mario Strikers?

http://www.gamefaqs...ube/data/928286.html

According to that site, it's out in December for America and November for Europe. O__o That's odd.

Response to Super Mario Club 2005-09-27 16:05:22

At 9/27/05 10:08 AM, Fucking_Idiot wrote:
At 9/26/05 04:38 PM, Nomader wrote: Also, just wanted to mention - does anyone know the release date for Super Mario Strikers?
http://www.gamefaqs...ube/data/928286.html

According to that site, it's out in December for America and November for Europe. O__o That's odd.

Perhaps Nintendo decided to cash in on the Soccer Capital of the World, with a soccer game before shipping it to the Futbol Americano capital... it's a smart business move by Nintendo

Also, the answers were -

1) Yes, the green yoshi appears when... well when your Yoshi runs out of juice. That flashing yoshi is green.

2) Sirena Beach

3) Toadsworth and Peach

4) Pianta and Noki

Thatks to everybody for participating in this week's quiz - I'm low on time, so that's all I can do today... so long for now XD

Nomader ('No, mad, er').

Oh God, you're an idiot.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Mario Club 2005-09-27 17:17:05

At 9/26/05 03:19 PM, karpot wrote:
At 9/26/05 08:48 AM, Pure_LionHeart wrote: Don't know if I'd participate in all kinds of polls and trivia myself, but I support it for the rest of you all.

Hey you just gave me a great idea, why dont we have a daily poll where in we list what Mario games we have. Lets see I have:
Super Mario World
Super Mario All Stars
Super Mario Sunshine
and then I have some Mario roms on the comp like Mario vs. Donkey Kong and some other stuff.

I got many Mario (and Luigi) games. I own:

Mario golf 64
Mario Kart 64 and Double Dash!!
Mario Tennis
Super Mario 64
Paper Mario
Super Mario Sunshine
Luigi Mansion

Here are some games we got stolen (Sniff!):

Super Mario Kart
Super Mario World (my favourite game)

Response to Super Mario Club 2005-09-27 17:21:42

At 9/26/05 03:34 PM, Nomader wrote: Let's make it all "offical looking"

We can make a daily poll, but trivia as it takes some time to think of a question will only be once a week. Up to 4 questions may be asked... I guess.

Weekly Trivia

Today's Topic: Super Mario Sunshine

1) Is there a green yoshi in Super Mario Sunshine?

yes, Not playable

Sirena Beach

Don't what the hell you're talking of, but the cause of the pollution is the missing shine sprites

Delfino Islanders and Toad (but they're not living there)

Response to Super Mario Club 2005-09-27 17:38:59

*Patiently awaits Super Mario Hockey*

Seriously, are they gonna touch on every sport? Yesh.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Mario Club 2005-09-27 18:08:38

At 9/27/05 05:21 PM, Firestom wrote:
Don't what the hell you're talking of, but the cause of the pollution is the missing shine sprites

There's a cutscene, where Mario is accused for causing all the pollution on the island - when the judge says he's guilty, both Toadsworth and Peach shout "Objection", but it is overuled quickly by the judge.

At 9/27/05 05:38 PM, Pure_LionHeart wrote: *Patiently awaits Super Mario Hockey*

Seriously, are they gonna touch on every sport? Yesh.

Actually, they are - I believe... no Rugby yet though - could you imagine the Mario Rugby game? Woe the day...

Today's Poll

Question: Of all the sports Nintendo hasn't planned to use or has used, which do you think would make for the best Mario Game?

A: Super Mario Football "American Style!"

B: Super Mario Field Hockey

C: Mario Rugby

D: Super Mario Cycling

E: None of the Above

If you choose "E", feel free to specify what game would better fit, or if none at all would be best

I choose A - personally it would be rather interesting to have Toads and Yoshis going at it XD

Nomader ('No, mad, er').

Oh God, you're an idiot.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Mario Club 2005-09-27 18:12:54

Guess what game Mario, Luigi and Peach are making a playable cameo in? Check the videos here:
http://gametrailers...gamepage.php?id=1604

At 9/27/05 06:08 PM, Nomader wrote: Actually, they are - I believe... no Rugby yet though - could you imagine the Mario Rugby game? Woe the day...

Nintendo might as well bury themselves alive if they try that. No offense to rugby fans, but c'mon!

Today's Poll

Question: Of all the sports Nintendo hasn't planned to use or has used, which do you think would make for the best Mario Game?

Me choose this.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Mario Club 2005-09-27 18:16:39

At 9/27/05 06:12 PM, Pure_LionHeart wrote: Guess what game Mario, Luigi and Peach are making a playable cameo in? Check the videos here:
http://gametrailers...gamepage.php?id=1604

I heard about it - it makes me all the more excited - suddenly, my SSX game will be for the Gamecube instead XD

At 9/27/05 06:08 PM, Nomader wrote: Actually, they are - I believe... no Rugby yet though - could you imagine the Mario Rugby game? Woe the day...
Nintendo might as well bury themselves alive if they try that. No offense to rugby fans, but c'mon!

They would bury themselves alive. Imgaine Mario dashing around with a ball, and Daisy slamming head first into Mario's head. Then, Luigi comes up, and begins to bash a nearby Toad - I think Mario might lose it's "child friendly" image if that happened - lol XD

Today's Poll

Me choose this.

Yep, I have to agree - although, I forgot a "Basketball" game, but I'm sure people could add that in

Nomader ('No, mad, er').

Oh God, you're an idiot.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Mario Club 2005-09-27 21:15:34

Here are my Mario games:
-Super mario sunshine(NGC)
-Mariokart double dash(NGC)
-Paper mario the thousand year door(NGC)
-Super smash bros melee(NGC)
-Mario party 4-5-6(NGC)
-Super mario world(SNES)
-Yoshi island(SNES)
-Mario and luigi saga(ADV)
-Super mario all stars(SNES)
-Mario party 1-2-3(N64)
-Super mario (N64)
-Mariokart(N64) and more....

Response to Super Mario Club 2005-09-27 21:23:02

At 9/27/05 09:15 PM, Thebestgirl_2717 wrote: Here are my Mario games:
-Super mario sunshine(NGC)
-Mariokart double dash(NGC)
-Paper mario the thousand year door(NGC)
-Super smash bros melee(NGC)
-Mario party 4-5-6(NGC)
-Super mario world(SNES)
-Yoshi island(SNES)
-Mario and luigi saga(ADV)
-Super mario all stars(SNES)
-Mario party 1-2-3(N64)
-Super mario (N64)
-Mariokart(N64) and more....

An impressive list XD

Seen you've leveled up - congrats!

Also, if you haven't noticed yet, I've sort of made "offical" looking polls and such - if you want, you can participate in em

And, I'll think about posting a member list soon.

And did Mario DDR ever come out?

Nomader ('No, mad, er').

Oh God, you're an idiot.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Mario Club 2005-09-28 07:46:43

Today's Poll

If you choose "E", feel free to specify what game would better fit, or if none at all would be best

A: Super Mario Football "American Style!" But i would prefer the canadian style.

Response to Super Mario Club 2005-09-28 09:45:23

At 9/27/05 06:08 PM, Nomader wrote: E: None of the Above

Super Mario Winter Sports Collection.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Mario Club 2005-09-28 10:32:37

At 9/28/05 07:46 AM, Firestom wrote:
Today's Poll

D: Super Mario Cycling! It would be fun if that game exist!lol

Response to Super Mario Club 2005-09-28 10:56:33

At 9/27/05 06:08 PM, Nomader wrote: Today's Poll

E. I don't find the Mario sport games necessary.

At 9/27/05 09:23 PM, Nomader wrote: And did Mario DDR ever come out?

No it didn't.

Response to Super Mario Club 2005-09-28 11:33:09

At 9/28/05 10:56 AM, Fucking_Idiot wrote: E. I don't find the Mario sport games necessary.

Have you played Mario Power Tennis?

BBS Signature

Response to Super Mario Club 2005-09-28 14:57:34

Current Results on the Poll

(I'll only put in things that actually got votes)

A - Super Mario Football "American Style!"
Recived: 3 votes

D - Super Mario Cycling
Recieved: 1 vote

None of the Above
One vote cast for Mario Winter Collection
One vote cast for None

The majority has voted for A - Super Mario Football "American Style!"

Join in later, for another fun activity

Sorry for the officalness... can't help it XD

Anyways, will they ever make a Mario DDR? Does it have a release date?

And, about the winter games stuff, I believe SSX: On Tour or whatever it is, for the Gamecube only, will have Mario and friends as playable characters XD

Nomader ('No, mad, er').

Oh God, you're an idiot.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Mario Club 2005-09-28 17:22:13

At 9/28/05 02:57 PM, Nomader wrote: Anyways, will they ever make a Mario DDR? Does it have a release date?

And, about the winter games stuff, I believe SSX: On Tour or whatever it is, for the Gamecube only, will have Mario and friends as playable characters XD

Yea sorry I havent been on but h.w. has really killed me. So I found this article on Mario DDR:
Mario DDR
It says that the game will be released October 24, 2005 so you still have about a months wait give or take 4 days. So oh and yea I found the Super Mario Bros. 2 theme song from the original NES version of the game so check it out:
Super Mario Bros. 2 Overworld

Super Mario Club

BBS Signature

Response to Super Mario Club 2005-09-28 17:30:37

At 9/28/05 05:22 PM, karpot wrote:
At 9/28/05 02:57 PM, Nomader wrote: Anyways, will they ever make a Mario DDR? Does it have a release date?

Yea sorry I havent been on but h.w. has really killed me. So I found this article on Mario DDR:
Mario DDR
It says that the game will be released October 24, 2005 so you still have about a months wait give or take 4 days. So oh and yea I found the Super Mario Bros. 2 theme song from the original NES version of the game so check it out:
Super Mario Bros. 2 Overworld

Very nice - heck, I'll just give you charge of the music part of this club - you obviously know where to find it XD

Hm... it'll be awhile - but it's one Mario game I'm not sure if I'll get it or not...

Nomader ('No, mad, er').

Oh God, you're an idiot.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Mario Club 2005-09-28 22:04:28

At 9/28/05 05:30 PM, Nomader wrote: Very nice - heck, I'll just give you charge of the music part of this club - you obviously know where to find it XD

Hm... it'll be awhile - but it's one Mario game I'm not sure if I'll get it or not...

Sweet thanks and oh about the DDR thing, I think you should wait it out cause if youve waited this long, why not wait just a couple more weeks till it comes out. It should be pretty cool and hopefully it wont be too expensive. Im hoping they price it around the same price as Donkey Konga w/ bongos (which was around $54).

BBS Signature

Response to Super Mario Club 2005-09-28 23:11:18

At 9/28/05 10:04 PM, karpot wrote:
At 9/28/05 05:30 PM, Nomader wrote: Very nice - heck, I'll just give you charge of the music part of this club - you obviously know where to find it XD

Sweet thanks and oh about the DDR thing, I think you should wait it out cause if youve waited this long, why not wait just a couple more weeks till it comes out. It should be pretty cool and hopefully it wont be too expensive. Im hoping they price it around the same price as Donkey Konga w/ bongos (which was around $54).

I can imagine what would happen if my friends saw it though - they normally play Gran Turismo 4 or something when they come over, and are amazed to see "Paper Mario" and such - I'd probably stash it behind my bookcase or something - lol

I'll have to think about it

Today's Feature! - Nintendo News!

SSX: On Tour! - features Mario and gang - as confirmed by Nintendo Propaganda in Auguest - everybody, get ready!

Nomader ('No, mad, er').

Oh God, you're an idiot.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Mario Club 2005-09-29 09:10:29

At 9/28/05 11:11 PM, Nomader wrote: SSX: On Tour! - features Mario and gang - as confirmed by Nintendo Propaganda in Auguest - everybody, get ready!

Wow, sweet... although I cannot imagine having a race with Mario vs, say, Elise. o__O

BBS Signature

Response to Super Mario Club 2005-09-29 09:28:52

At 7/15/04 03:51 PM, TheBoneThug wrote: mine is gta:VC and im tommy vercetti

Lol.Funny name

oink

Response to Super Mario Club 2005-09-29 10:48:04

At 9/28/05 11:33 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Have you played Mario Power Tennis?

Nope and I doubt I will. I'm not into sport games at all.

At 9/28/05 02:57 PM, Nomader wrote: And, about the winter games stuff, I believe SSX: On Tour or whatever it is, for the Gamecube only, will have Mario and friends as playable characters XD

O__o Heh, nice.