00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Static73 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Kirby Club! ⭐

4,456 Views | 76 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Kirby Club! ⭐ 2022-05-10 08:16:50

At 5/9/22 11:30 PM, BlueKnightSkeleton wrote: Yeah, gotta admit Amazing Mirror is fun.
Although my favorite in the series is Superstar/Superstar Ultra

Which one of you guys is your favorite game in the series?

Ironically, Amazing Mirror is actually my first ever Kirby game I've played and probably my favorite cuz of nostalgia! (Planet Robobot is also a pick for favorite for me and possibly Forgotten Land once I get the game)

Just a nerd and a Kirby.

Hope you have a good day! <3

(Kirby says hi!) [Sig art by @soundskies]

BBS Signature

Response to Kirby Club! ⭐ 2022-05-10 08:26:14

At 5/10/22 08:18 AM, GJMARS wrote: Does anyone feel like Kirby’s Epic Yarn is an underrated game? I had such a blast playing that when I was younger.

I personally haven't gotten to play Epic Yarn (I didn't have a Wii till now) but by looking at vids about it, it's overall a pleasent game! It doesn't need to be hard by any means, it's one of those games those where you can feel better after having a rough day just by playing it.

Just a nerd and a Kirby.

BBS Signature

Response to Kirby Club! ⭐ 2022-05-10 14:28:37

At 5/10/22 08:16 AM, M-kirbs wrote:
At 5/9/22 11:30 PM, BlueKnightSkeleton wrote: Yeah, gotta admit Amazing Mirror is fun.
Although my favorite in the series is Superstar/Superstar Ultra

Which one of you guys is your favorite game in the series?
Ironically, Amazing Mirror is actually my first ever Kirby game I've played and probably my favorite cuz of nostalgia! (Planet Robobot is also a pick for favorite for me and possibly Forgotten Land once I get the game)

Nice, in fact I'm playing amazing mirror as I never had the chance to finish it, lots of rooms confuse me but all the enemies and powers in game is worth the exploration!!!

I make art, check this cat

BBS Signature

Response to Kirby Club! ⭐ 2022-06-06 09:43:32

Hello! I have watched RTGame's walkthrough of "Kirby and the Forgotten Land" which was an amazing experience

And I have just finished "Kirby's Adventure" (75%)

What can I say? I am a Kirby fan now :D

"Life is embarrassment, might as well make it fun!"

- @Pseudochel

Response to Kirby Club! ⭐ 2022-06-06 10:10:28

At 6/6/22 09:43 AM, belzimbub wrote: Hello! I have watched RTGame's walkthrough of "Kirby and the Forgotten Land" which was an amazing experience
And I have just finished "Kirby's Adventure" (75%)
What can I say? I am a Kirby fan now :D

Ay, that's great to hear! Welcome!

Just a nerd and a Kirby.

BBS Signature

Response to Kirby Club! ⭐ 2022-06-06 18:01:27

I just 100% completed Kirby 64 for the first time since Nintendo just released it on their N64 service for the Switch.

Man, I had forgotten how frustrating the game could be in certain spots. Don't get me wrong, it still has all of the charm and fun that most Kirby games have, but it was absolutely infuriating to have some levels be like, "you need the ice power up to get this one shard piece and there's no ice bad guys in this level" so you gotta BACKTRACK to a previous level just to get the powerup and then hold onto it until you make your way back to where the hidden shard is which means you can't die or use any other powerup in the meantime.

It's not like I wanted the game to be totally linear and hold my hand 100% of the time, but yikes did this game pull that backtracking stunt a lot. Makes me feel like the SNES games were WAY better and infinitely more fun to replay.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Kirby Club! ⭐ 2022-06-06 18:35:39

At 6/6/22 06:01 PM, ZJ wrote: I just 100% completed Kirby 64 for the first time since Nintendo just released it on their N64 service for the Switch.

Man, I had forgotten how frustrating the game could be in certain spots. Don't get me wrong, it still has all of the charm and fun that most Kirby games have, but it was absolutely infuriating to have some levels be like, "you need the ice power up to get this one shard piece and there's no ice bad guys in this level" so you gotta BACKTRACK to a previous level just to get the powerup and then hold onto it until you make your way back to where the hidden shard is which means you can't die or use any other powerup in the meantime.

It's not like I wanted the game to be totally linear and hold my hand 100% of the time, but yikes did this game pull that backtracking stunt a lot. Makes me feel like the SNES games were WAY better and infinitely more fun to replay.

I honestly never played 64 (or any N64 game, really), but I might play it when I get the Expansion Pass. I did hear it's really rough to get 100% on that game, so I get how hard it is, but probably not as rough as Mass Attack imo (Trust me, it's hard in that game). I'm with ya on the whole SNES games are better and worth replaying thing.

Just a nerd and a Kirby.

BBS Signature

Response to Kirby Club! ⭐ 2022-06-07 23:59:41

I have also just finished a Kirby game - in fact, it was "Kirby Super Star"

Is it better than "Kirby's Adventure"? Yes. Is it more fun? Iiiii am not sure (pls don't kill me x))

It's definitely more refined than NES title: music (Dedede finally has his theme!), visuals, style (Kirby gets a hat when he is powered :D) and more complex gameplay. And now getting rid of "equipped" power summons a friend :) which is more interesting!

But there were also moments that weren't present in "Kirby's Adventure" or, at least, weren't so obvious that made overall experience not this fun for me

First of all, I am not a big fun of "8 games in 1" format ":D Idk, in this case I would prefer to eat a cake than cookies, like in "Adventure"

Secondly, I am not sold on allies yet. I like the idea as, personally, Kirby without powers is so much stronger, and if I get a friend for not using powers, I won't mind! However, they are a bit janky - sometimes they break my camera, sometimes they destroy projectiles that I need to absorb to fight. And the last thing is definitely a problem in "Revenge of Meta Knight" when there is a time limit and they never do a lot of damage. God, this time limit was so annoying x) I like to take my time with Kirby levels, okay? (but it does work on an atmosphere - God, these dialogues were great)

Thirdly, I don't like to take my time with levels THAT MUCH! For some reason they decided to include these weird puzzle rooms/areas that reset you when you make a mistake. Like, one aquatic level where if you go in the wrong way, even on accident, the stream will push you to the door and you'll appear right at the beginning. It's not like it was horrible - but "Adventure" was so tight with it's gameplay that these kind of boring levels seem out of place

But at the same time, I can't say that "Super Star" is worse than "Adventure". To conclude, I think this game just has some incredible heights (music, scenes, SOME of the boss fights, etc.) but also some lows that "Adventure" didn't have. I'll give the game another shot with "Super Star Ultra" :)

"Life is embarrassment, might as well make it fun!"

- @Pseudochel

Response to Kirby Club! ⭐ 2023-03-29 12:58:50

aw shit Kirby been my man since birth

hell yeah

!!^!!COCA-COLA COCA-COLA COCA-COLA COCA-COLA COCA-COLA COCA-COLA!!^!!

BBS Signature

Response to Kirby Club! ⭐ 2023-06-23 07:29:59

At 6/23/23 06:19 AM, Snug-Bug wrote: Which handles copy abilites better?

Kirby Super Star for the SNES
Or
Kirby Return to Dreamland DELUXE for the Switch

Definitely Return to Dreamland Deluxe, more options and it gives every ability a vast and unique moveset

Just a nerd and a Kirby.

BBS Signature

Response to Kirby Club! ⭐ 2023-06-23 13:48:34

Or

I'll be honest, there's many upgrades in RtDl, but, Superstar was the first, and did it with a heavy bang. A huge upgrade from Adventure in a milestone.

Cool, wild and Groovy beat.

BBS Signature

Response to Kirby Club! ⭐ 2023-06-23 15:35:37

At 6/23/23 01:48 PM, BlueKnightSkeleton wrote:

Or
I'll be honest, there's many upgrades in RtDl, but, Superstar was the first, and did it with a heavy bang. A huge upgrade from Adventure in a milestone.

For sure, first to introduve abilities with movesets and even gave Kirby a hat with almost every ability to give a nice visual flair!

Just a nerd and a Kirby.

BBS Signature

Response to Kirby Club! ⭐ 2023-11-17 16:46:41

Does anyone else remembers this game?

iu_1115206_7773896.jpg

Response to Kirby Club! ⭐ 2023-11-17 17:02:33

At 11/17/23 04:46 PM, FalenDemo5 wrote: Does anyone else remembers this game?

Oh yeah, i have it. It's hella simple but fun. Yeah

Cool, wild and Groovy beat.

BBS Signature

Response to Kirby Club! ⭐ 2023-11-21 08:36:06

At 11/17/23 04:46 PM, FalenDemo5 wrote: Does anyone else remembers this game?

I know I'm late on this, but YES. I have it via the 3DS's Virtual Console and I like it a whole lot, but I especially love the game's soundtrack, mainly the boss theme

Just a nerd and a Kirby.

BBS Signature

Response to Kirby Club! ⭐ 2024-03-04 17:42:51

We need more Kirby!!!

Response to Kirby Club! ⭐ 2024-03-04 21:02:30

At 3/4/24 05:42 PM, KeidanLand wrote: We need more Kirby!!!

https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/keidanland/px-waddle-doo
https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/keidanland/da-christmas-kirby
https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/keidanland/da-parasol-waddle-dee
https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/keidanland/chilly
https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/keidanland/da-kracko-and-kracko-jr

OOOH! Thanks for showin' off your Kirby art, they're all great!

Just a nerd and a Kirby.

BBS Signature