00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ezjpzy just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Invitation to Submit to The Newgrounds Writing Anthology 2

14,089 Views | 180 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I've submitted my story. If it's accepted, I'm certain that changes and revisions will come up when we workshop it, but for now I'm very happy with its "final" form. Can't wait to start working with others on their stories and get this thing published!

How's everybody doing with their writing? While we wait to hear back is there anybody that needs some feedback on something else they've been working on? every other writing group I've been a part of has been pretty hands off but it seems we have a lot of eager writers here and I would love to be more involved. edit: i just realized I should browse the rest of the forum to look for this info, please disregard

At 12/11/21 12:29 PM, Stabbybaby wrote: How's everybody doing with their writing? While we wait to hear back is there anybody that needs some feedback on something else they've been working on?

I actually am looking for feedback on the story I submitted. PM me if you want to see what I have.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

FYI.

so I’m under the thumb of my employer until the holidays, so December 24th is the first day I’m going to have to reaaaally look at all these. Stay tuned folks.

At 12/14/21 06:00 PM, EKublai wrote: FYI.

so I’m under the thumb of my employer until the holidays, so December 24th is the first day I’m going to have to reaaaally look at all these. Stay tuned folks.

Alright

Hang in there! And make sure to make time for yourself for the holidays too!

At 12/14/21 07:23 PM, Intrapath wrote:

Hang in there! And make sure to make time for yourself for the holidays too!

Alright thanks

Thank you for the update. Enjoy your holidays.

Thanks for the update. :)

FWIW--I am up for critiquing people's work and getting mine done when the workshop phase comes, if mine is accepted. . .

Even if it isn't, I am willing to help those who had turned in something that got accepted. ^_^; Got quite a few years of writing under my belt, beta reading, literary analysis and some professional fiction writing / playwriting chops through undergrad uni, so I might be able to help sift through things as best I can, in taming purple prose, or filling / questioning plotholes and whatnot.

Just hit me up if the help is needed. My PMs are always open. ♥

Music. Art. Writing. Love.

BBS Signature

This got frontpaged a few days ago but I thought I might as well post it here too! I made an illustration to accompany the short story I submitted last month.

It's awesome seeing this happening again after all these years. I still have my copy of the first writing anthology pride of place on my bookshelf. Good luck to everyone submitting!

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Hey guys! I'm a writer also interested in helping others with their submissions. Originally, I wanted to submit an entry to this but can't really seem to find the time. However, I really have a talent for helping others bring their stories to life and articulating what works and what doesn't, and why. Feel free to PM me!

Thanks for all the effort in setting this up :)

death

BBS Signature

Good morning/afternoon/evening,

Checking in to see how the progress is coming along. I have no idea how the etiquette for something like this goes so please forgive me if I screwed up in asking. Thanks for your time!

Good news: I've started reading your pieces and even let some of you know their status

Okay news: Still got a lot to get through

Bad news: We need more submissons if we want to fill a book. People who've been watching from the sidelines, this is your chance!

At 1/18/22 07:00 PM, EKublai wrote: Good news: I've started reading your pieces and even let some of you know their status
Bad news: We need more submissons if we want to fill a book. People who've been watching from the sidelines, this is your chance!

Any categories noticeably lacking?

It takes a real man to cry

It takes a real woman to strive

At 1/21/22 07:59 PM, Fersto wrote:
At 1/18/22 07:00 PM, EKublai wrote: Good news: I've started reading your pieces and even let some of you know their status

bit short stories and poetry! I’m receiving a surprising amount of script but they are not very well formatted a lot of the time, so they’ll need a lot of work on my end to just get them to be readable.

At 1/23/22 12:07 PM, EKublai wrote:
bit short stories and poetry! I’m receiving a surprising amount of script but they are not very well formatted a lot of the time, so they’ll need a lot of work on my end to just get them to be readable.

Do song lyrics count of they are "poetic" enough?

What doesn't kill you makes you gain EXP :)))

BBS Signature

At 1/26/22 06:03 PM, TrandafirTeodora wrote:

They should be, right? After all, can't song lyrics be considered as poems that happen to have a melody attached?

At 1/26/22 06:09 PM, Intrapath wrote:
At 1/26/22 06:03 PM, TrandafirTeodora wrote:
They should be, right? After all, can't song lyrics be considered as poems that happen to have a melody attached?

You're right.

BBS Signature

I've sent two of my song lyrics to this anthology. I hope I'll make it.

I wish good luck to all participants! :)

BBS Signature

If poems are in order, or any extra writing, just shout again. I can maybe pull something out or think about new material to help add to the pile if we're still short...

However, here's to hoping more people join the fray beforehand. :) I'd love to read what people are submitting to this.

BBS Signature

At 1/27/22 06:46 AM, TrandafirTeodora wrote: I've sent two of my song lyrics to this anthology. I hope I'll make it.

thanks. Still want a little more material.

At 2/16/22 10:55 AM, EKublai wrote:
At 1/27/22 06:46 AM, TrandafirTeodora wrote: I've sent two of my song lyrics to this anthology. I hope I'll make it.

I've submitted a foreign language poem(a Romanian one) with English translation. I hope I'll submit more material to this anthology.

BBS Signature

Just sent an old poem of mine. Hope it fills some space if accepted.

At 2/16/22 10:55 AM, EKublai wrote:

@EKublai

I sent a couple more of my manuscripts over to you via e-mail.

Hope they can help in filling out more space... Let me know if you've received them. :)

BBS Signature

i submitted some poetry!! im surprised not many people submitted some. i thought it would be the most popular since its kinda easy. i was thinking of submitting a short story but i had a huge brain rot when jotting ideas down for it.

Seeing this thread popping up again actually reminds me of something! @Ekublai , were you able to send confirmation to folks when you received their work for this project? I don't think I got a confirmation after sending my poems in a few months back, just wanted to make sure nothing got lost in the shuffle. Thanks!

At 2/22/22 12:28 PM, Intrapath wrote: Seeing this thread popping up again actually reminds me of something! @Ekublai , were you able to send confirmation to folks when you received their work for this project? I don't think I got a confirmation after sending my poems in a few months back, just wanted to make sure nothing got lost in the shuffle. Thanks!

Same here.

Let us know what's up. ♥

BBS Signature

Any updates? Could use some news.