00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MC4HJW just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

July Game Jam Theme: Egg!

67,767 Views | 124 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-18 12:49:18

At 7/18/21 03:06 AM, GunPuncher wrote:
Your game can’t include copyrighted characters or unlicensed music. For example, you can’t make a game with Mario sprites and Lady Gaga music.
Tom you absolute Fukin dork, how the hell are you gonna have an Egg game jam and not even let people use the Cat in the Hat? Are you mad? Are you insane?! This anime betrayal will not stand. I'm sending 20 enamel pins of Tricky the Clown to your P.O Box you jerk, so suffer!

SHUT UP

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-18 12:55:18

Cool, i still wish that people would draw meat boy as tall as boyfriend and not as if he's 1 foot tall, thats my only problem, the rest is fine.

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-18 13:09:13

I've been hard at work the past two days on my entry... It's a physics platformer & hidden object game. If anyone wants to preview it I've made the preview visible to anyone here: https://www.newgrounds.com/projects/games/1709448/preview

Bear in mind that it's still very much an active work in progress! As of right now there's only one tutorial/intro level with some eggs hidden in it.

Any and all feedback is welcome (feel free to send via PM to me). At this phase of testing I'm especially interested to know what average FPS you get -- it's the top green number in the upper right (if it's hard to see/too small try entering full-screen). Again, feel free to send me this information via PM -- and include your system specs if you can (or at least your GPU/CPU type & browser).

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-18 16:52:39

iu_361132_8957087.png

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-18 18:05:46

For example Newgrounds HQ or John and Steve driving with their tank in the background is ok too?

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-18 18:11:16

I make music if anyone wants some tune supply! I can do Chiptunes, Ambient, Cinematic and Heavy Stuff. I can also write "as requested" genres.

bruh that meat character looks surprised and happy

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-18 20:38:48

At 7/18/21 01:14 AM, Asteralium wrote: I do not have the skills at all to make a game except writing but I hope someone uses this theme to create a game about coming out as trans. In the LGBT community, people refer to figuring out you're trans as your egg cracking. Good luck to all the people who submit!

it would be cool to see some kind of visual novel entry for this! thats a genre i havent seen in the jam yet

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-18 20:53:08

A game where your egg wears a jet-pack and you have to carefully guide it through obstacles without breaking, while collecting fuel.

BBS Signature

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-18 21:19:21

If anyone needs a voice actor I'd love to help out in any way I can.

BBS Signature

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-18 21:51:25

At 7/18/21 09:21 AM, Shoop5 wrote: gregg eggs his eggos for egg time

That is plenty of eggs. Order up.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-18 23:56:42

At 7/18/21 02:08 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 7/18/21 12:45 AM, summerskoo wrote: poach
Watch out for over easy.

Basted

BBS Signature

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-19 00:47:18

Me and my sibling were going to make a game where the characters took inspiration from different nursery rhymes and the main antagonist was based on Humpty Dumpty and honestly now i feel very motivated to make that game for this jam

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-19 01:28:32

Reminds me immediately of that old flash game 'An untitled story' which was a metroidvania beginning with an egg you could just roll around, that slowly got more powers. It was difficult and all hand drawn. I'm sure people can find it if they were to google it.

Master of questionable life choices

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-19 09:57:52

The Jam theme is “Egg.”

To participate, make a web-playable game that incorporates the theme and upload it here by end of day (PST) Sunday, July 25th. Include the tag “July-Jam-2021” so we find it.

You can use whatever tools you like and are allowed to work with teams. We highly recommend teaming up with artists and musicians here on NG!

Your game can’t include copyrighted characters or unlicensed music. For example, you can’t make a game with Mario sprites and Lady Gaga music.

You can however optionally pop the July Jam logo in your game!

If you’d like to add medals and high scores to your game, check out our API at Newgrounds.io. The project system portion of our API setup is getting a big update NEXT WEEK so check back in for that announcement.

Entries will be judged by @Figburn, @Eli and myself. Eli will also be hosting a stream where he plays all your games.

We’ve crowdfunded prize money!

1st - $775
2nd - $535
3rd - $300
4th - $200
5th - $101

If you’d like to chip in, use the donation option on the Supporter page and PM me a heads up that you donated towards the Game Jam.

Entries will also be eligible for our monthly awards for best games based on original material. The #1 game of July will win $200, with $100 each for 2nd and 3rd.

Current Sponsors:

@AnonymousAlchemist - $200
@OmarShehata - $200
@summerskoo - $175
@Voxiverian - $100
@The-EXP - $100
@D-Sun - $100
@53xy83457 - $50
@Aron-Ato - $50
@yeahha - $40
@NastyOldWizard - $31
@ConnorGrail - $30
@pixelturkey - $30
@Iggykoop - $25
@NamelessNathan - $25
@Wegra - $5
Anonymous NG Fan - $500
NG - $250

You’re welcome to hang out in the Game Jam Discord and chat with other jammers, or post right in this thread. Happy Jamming!

Other Events

@Noodle is hosting a Fancy Pants Art Contest to celebrate the FP Classic Pack on Steam!

Newgrounds Underdogs’ Audio Contest tryouts are in progress!

Saturday Morning Newgrounds Animation Jam deadline is July 23rd!

Audio Deathmatch Audition deadline is July 19th!

Ultimate Hum chiptune music deadline is July 18th!

Clock Day is August 15th, celebrating 20 years of B and with prizes!

Jam Promo art by @Figburn!

how maek gam

eh

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-19 16:48:27

do more jams!

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-19 22:36:03

The Jam theme is “Egg.”

To participate, make a web-playable game that incorporates the theme and upload it here by end of day (PST) Sunday, July 25th. Include the tag “July-Jam-2021” so we find it.

You can use whatever tools you like and are allowed to work with teams. We highly recommend teaming up with artists and musicians here on NG!

If you’d like to add medals and high scores to your game, check out our API at Newgrounds.io. The project system portion of our API setup is getting a big update NEXT WEEK so check back in for that announcement.

Entries will be judged by @Figburn, @Eli and myself. Eli will also be hosting a stream where he plays all your games.

1st - $775
2nd - $535
3rd - $300
4th - $200
5th - $101

If you’d like to chip in, use the donation option on the Supporter page and PM me a heads up that you donated towards the Game Jam.

Entries will also be eligible for our monthly awards for best games based on original material. The #1 game of July will win $200, with $100 each for 2nd and 3rd.

Current Sponsors:

@OmarShehata - $200
@summerskoo - $175
@Voxiverian - $100
@The-EXP - $100
@D-Sun - $100
@53xy83457 - $50
@Aron-Ato - $50
@yeahha - $40
@NastyOldWizard - $31
@ConnorGrail - $30
@pixelturkey - $30
@Iggykoop - $25
@NamelessNathan - $25
@Wegra - $5
Anonymous NG Fan - $500
NG - $250

You’re welcome to hang out in the Game Jam Discord and chat with other jammers, or post right in this thread. Happy Jamming!

Other Events

@Noodle is hosting a Fancy Pants Art Contest to celebrate the FP Classic Pack on Steam!

My coder just quit I need a coder plz dm me QUICK

BBS Signature

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-20 03:25:56

lol ok

The Jam theme is “Egg.”

1st - $775
2nd - $535
3rd - $300
4th - $200
5th - $101

Current Sponsors:

@OmarShehata - $200
@summerskoo - $175
@Voxiverian - $100
@The-EXP - $100
@D-Sun - $100
@53xy83457 - $50
@Aron-Ato - $50
@yeahha - $40
@NastyOldWizard - $31
@ConnorGrail - $30
@pixelturkey - $30
@Iggykoop - $25
@NamelessNathan - $25
@Wegra - $5
Anonymous NG Fan - $500
NG - $250

Other Events

Are you’re Sure?

(it might be a copyright of roblox) (eggcellent more like egg hunt?)

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-20 20:59:13

At 7/18/21 04:09 AM, Eggy wrote: Wait a second... An egg jam?!

WAIT

A

SECOND

HALF MY GAMES ARE EGG GAMES

THIS IS YOUR MOMENT!

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-21 12:29:41

The Jam theme is “Egg.”

1st - $775
2nd - $535
3rd - $300
4th - $200
5th - $101

Current Sponsors:

@OmarShehata - $200
@summerskoo - $175
@Voxiverian - $100
@The-EXP - $100
@D-Sun - $100
@53xy83457 - $50
@Aron-Ato - $50
@yeahha - $40
@NastyOldWizard - $31
@ConnorGrail - $30
@pixelturkey - $30
@Iggykoop - $25
@NamelessNathan - $25
@Wegra - $5
Anonymous NG Fan - $500
NG - $250

Other Events

what about the dreamsmp lore?

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-21 16:53:12

The Jam theme is “Egg.”

1st - $775
2nd - $535
3rd - $300
4th - $200
5th - $101

Current Sponsors:

@OmarShehata - $200
@summerskoo - $175
@Voxiverian - $100
@The-EXP - $100
@D-Sun - $100
@53xy83457 - $50
@Aron-Ato - $50
@yeahha - $40
@NastyOldWizard - $31
@ConnorGrail - $30
@pixelturkey - $30
@Iggykoop - $25
@NamelessNathan - $25
@Wegra - $5
Anonymous NG Fan - $500
NG - $250

nightmares

cop

Flash portable is trash in first time, later it gets better

BBS Signature

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-21 16:53:37

The Jam theme is “Egg.”

1st - $775
2nd - $535
3rd - $300
4th - $200
5th - $101

Current Sponsors:

@OmarShehata - $200
@summerskoo - $175
@Voxiverian - $100
@The-EXP - $100
@D-Sun - $100
@53xy83457 - $50
@Aron-Ato - $50
@yeahha - $40
@NastyOldWizard - $31
@ConnorGrail - $30
@pixelturkey - $30
@Iggykoop - $25
@NamelessNathan - $25
@Wegra - $5
Anonymous NG Fan - $500
NG - $250

Other Events

Flash portable is trash in first time, later it gets better

BBS Signature

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-21 19:16:26

The Jam theme is “Egg.”

1st - $775
2nd - $535
3rd - $300
4th - $200
5th - $101

Current Sponsors:

@OmarShehata - $200
@summerskoo - $175
@Voxiverian - $100
@The-EXP - $100
@D-Sun - $100
@53xy83457 - $50
@Aron-Ato - $50
@yeahha - $40
@NastyOldWizard - $31
@ConnorGrail - $30
@pixelturkey - $30
@Iggykoop - $25
@NamelessNathan - $25
@Wegra - $5
Anonymous NG Fan - $500
NG - $250

Other Events

I can't wait for the submissions

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-22 12:47:49

iu_364471_8950972.webpI can finally buy my ebay listing with the jam´s money!

mega ass

BBS Signature

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-22 13:33:23

This will be a lot of fun , it looks like a kid thing. >_<

thebulbmin

BBS Signature

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-23 00:46:04

I need a tanning bed, a 3D life to keep me from the cold.

BBS Signature

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-23 21:54:12

okeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

esten vs lizi

BBS Signature

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-25 00:01:37

I can't find any egg themed submissions in the tag, am I doing something wrong or did no one submit?

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-25 01:16:31

At 7/25/21 12:01 AM, Retrobolt wrote: I can't find any egg themed submissions in the tag, am I doing something wrong or did no one submit?

Are you sure you're using the right tag?