00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

YubaOfficial just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

July Game Jam Theme: Egg!

67,772 Views | 124 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-17 03:47:51

The Jam theme is “Egg.”

To participate, make a web-playable game that incorporates the theme and upload it here by end of day (PST) Sunday, July 25th. Include the tag “July-Jam-2021” so we find it.

You can use whatever tools you like and are allowed to work with teams. We highly recommend teaming up with artists and musicians here on NG!

Your game can’t include copyrighted characters or unlicensed music. For example, you can’t make a game with Mario sprites and Lady Gaga music.

You can however optionally pop the July Jam logo in your game!

If you’d like to add medals and high scores to your game, check out our API at Newgrounds.io. The project system portion of our API setup is getting a big update NEXT WEEK so check back in for that announcement.

Entries will be judged by @Figburn, @Eli and myself. Eli will also be hosting a stream where he plays all your games.

We’ve crowdfunded prize money!

1st - $775
2nd - $535
3rd - $300
4th - $200
5th - $101

If you’d like to chip in, use the donation option on the Supporter page and PM me a heads up that you donated towards the Game Jam.

Entries will also be eligible for our monthly awards for best games based on original material. The #1 game of July will win $200, with $100 each for 2nd and 3rd.

Current Sponsors:

@AnonymousAlchemist - $200
@OmarShehata - $200
@summerskoo - $175
@Voxiverian - $100
@The-EXP - $100
@D-Sun - $100
@53xy83457 - $50
@Aron-Ato - $50
@yeahha - $40
@NastyOldWizard - $31
@ConnorGrail - $30
@pixelturkey - $30
@Iggykoop - $25
@NamelessNathan - $25
@Wegra - $5
Anonymous NG Fan - $500
NG - $250

You’re welcome to hang out in the Game Jam Discord and chat with other jammers, or post right in this thread. Happy Jamming!

Other Events

@Noodle is hosting a Fancy Pants Art Contest to celebrate the FP Classic Pack on Steam!

Newgrounds Underdogs’ Audio Contest tryouts are in progress!

Saturday Morning Newgrounds Animation Jam deadline is July 23rd!

Audio Deathmatch Audition deadline is July 19th!

Ultimate Hum chiptune music deadline is July 18th!

Jam Promo art by @Figburn!

EGG

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-17 04:04:19

I just want to see all the submissions. No more ham and eggers with lame jokes.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-17 05:20:29

At 7/17/21 04:49 AM, IamKaLeMusic wrote: Why For Game Participate

To earn a high place, and maybe some cash.

BBS Signature

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-17 07:21:23

At 7/16/21 11:06 AM, Luis wrote: what if i collaborate with Lady Gaga

first post

She didn’t want to work with me. I’m out! Good luck to game jammers still in the competition!

None

BBS Signature

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-17 08:49:00

egg 🥚

giled chese

BBS Signature

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-17 08:56:55

egg🥚

giled chese

BBS Signature

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-17 09:03:24

woops said it twice

giled chese

BBS Signature

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-17 09:20:58

At 7/17/21 09:19 AM, whiteknight2458 wrote:
At 7/16/21 01:32 PM, abandonedSamurai2353 wrote:
At 7/16/21 11:00 AM, TomFulp wrote:  @Figburn is hosting a July Game Jam here on NG and it starts RIGHT NOW!

The Jam theme is “Egg.”

To participate, make a web-playable game that incorporates the theme and upload it here by end of day (PST) Sunday, July 25th. Include the tag “July-Jam-2021” so we find it.

You can use whatever tools you like and are allowed to work with teams. We highly recommend teaming up with artists and musicians here on NG!

Your game can’t include copyrighted characters or unlicensed music. For example, you can’t make a game with Mario sprites and Lady Gaga music.

If you’d like to add medals and high scores to your game, check out our API at Newgrounds.io. The project system portion of our API setup is getting a big update NEXT WEEK so check back in for that announcement.

Entries will be judged by @Figburn, @Eli and myself. Eli will also be hosting a stream where he plays all your games.

1st - $775
2nd - $535
3rd - $300
4th - $200
5th - $101

If you’d like to chip in, use the donation option on the Supporter page and PM me a heads up that you donated towards the Game Jam.

Entries will also be eligible for our monthly awards for best games based on original material. The #1 game of July will win $200, with $100 each for 2nd and 3rd.

Current Sponsors:

@OmarShehata - $200
@summerskoo - $175
@Voxiverian - $100
@The-EXP - $100
@D-Sun - $100
@53xy83457 - $50
@Aron-Ato - $50
@yeahha - $40
@NastyOldWizard - $31
@ConnorGrail - $30
@pixelturkey - $30
@Iggykoop - $25
@NamelessNathan - $25
@Wegra - $5
Anonymous NG Fan - $500
NG - $250

You’re welcome to hang out in the Game Jam Discord and chat with other jammers, or post right in this thread. Happy Jamming!

Other Events

@Noodle is hosting a Fancy Pants Art Contest to celebrate the FP Classic Pack on Steam!

YOUR GAY STUPID NO ONE LIKES YOU GO FUCK A DICK YOUR STUPID LOL YOU LOOK LIKE A KID WHO GOT FUCKED IN FIRE
I Have To know if that was sarcasm

Not really STUPID FUCK YOU TOO I BET YOUR DAN OR TOM IN A ALT ACCOUNT PUSSY ASS

YOUR STUPID TOM

BBS Signature

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-17 09:27:53

At 7/17/21 09:20 AM, abandonedSamurai2353 wrote:
At 7/17/21 09:19 AM, whiteknight2458 wrote:
At 7/16/21 01:32 PM, abandonedSamurai2353 wrote:
At 7/16/21 11:00 AM, TomFulp wrote:  @Figburn is hosting a July Game Jam here on NG and it starts RIGHT NOW!

The Jam theme is “Egg.”

1st - $775
2nd - $535
3rd - $300
4th - $200
5th - $101

Current Sponsors:

@OmarShehata - $200
@summerskoo - $175
@Voxiverian - $100
@The-EXP - $100
@D-Sun - $100
@53xy83457 - $50
@Aron-Ato - $50
@yeahha - $40
@NastyOldWizard - $31
@ConnorGrail - $30
@pixelturkey - $30
@Iggykoop - $25
@NamelessNathan - $25
@Wegra - $5
Anonymous NG Fan - $500
NG - $250

Other Events

YOUR GAY STUPID NO ONE LIKES YOU GO FUCK A DICK YOUR STUPID LOL YOU LOOK LIKE A KID WHO GOT FUCKED IN FIRE
I Have To know if that was sarcasm
Not really STUPID FUCK YOU TOO I BET YOUR DAN OR TOM IN A ALT ACCOUNT PUSSY ASS

SHUT UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-17 11:03:31

how eggsciteing ... and i can already tell this will be Eggscelent

BBS Signature

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-17 12:39:46

I am so ready to play the out of these games

obama

BBS Signature

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-17 12:46:12

At 7/16/21 11:09 AM, Stepford wrote:

The Jam theme is “Egg.”

1st - $775
2nd - $535
3rd - $300
4th - $200
5th - $101

Current Sponsors:

@OmarShehata - $200
@summerskoo - $175
@Voxiverian - $100
@The-EXP - $100
@D-Sun - $100
@53xy83457 - $50
@Aron-Ato - $50
@yeahha - $40
@NastyOldWizard - $31
@ConnorGrail - $30
@pixelturkey - $30
@Iggykoop - $25
@NamelessNathan - $25
@Wegra - $5
Anonymous NG Fan - $500
NG - $250

that's eggcellent.
let's get cracking.
everyone will be scrambling their way to victory!

)

step ford more like egg ford

whatever you want some crack?

obama

BBS Signature

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-17 16:23:50

The Jam theme is “Egg.”

1st - $775
2nd - $535
3rd - $300
4th - $200
5th - $101

Current Sponsors:

@OmarShehata - $200
@summerskoo - $175
@Voxiverian - $100
@The-EXP - $100
@D-Sun - $100
@53xy83457 - $50
@Aron-Ato - $50
@yeahha - $40
@NastyOldWizard - $31
@ConnorGrail - $30
@pixelturkey - $30
@Iggykoop - $25
@NamelessNathan - $25
@Wegra - $5
Anonymous NG Fan - $500
NG - $250

Other Events

Clock Day is August 15th, celebrating 20 years of B and with prizes!

I might get banned from this but eggtastic

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-17 16:27:22

Seems interesting :)

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-17 17:22:46

The Jam theme is “Egg.”

1st - $775
2nd - $535
3rd - $300
4th - $200
5th - $101

Current Sponsors:

@OmarShehata - $200
@summerskoo - $175
@Voxiverian - $100
@The-EXP - $100
@D-Sun - $100
@53xy83457 - $50
@Aron-Ato - $50
@yeahha - $40
@NastyOldWizard - $31
@ConnorGrail - $30
@pixelturkey - $30
@Iggykoop - $25
@NamelessNathan - $25
@Wegra - $5
Anonymous NG Fan - $500
NG - $250

Other Events

very much enjoy this theme.

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-17 19:09:02

Anyone entering let me know if you need a concept artist, pixel artist, or composer, I'm interested

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-18 00:45:28

poach

BBS Signature

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-18 01:14:10

I do not have the skills at all to make a game except writing but I hope someone uses this theme to create a game about coming out as trans. In the LGBT community, people refer to figuring out you're trans as your egg cracking. Good luck to all the people who submit!

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-18 02:08:58

At 7/18/21 12:45 AM, summerskoo wrote: poach

Watch out for over easy.

BBS Signature

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-18 03:06:02

Tom you absolute Fukin dork, how the hell are you gonna have an Egg game jam and not even let people use the Cat in the Hat? Are you mad? Are you insane?! This anime betrayal will not stand. I'm sending 20 enamel pins of Tricky the Clown to your P.O Box you jerk, so suffer!

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-18 03:08:20

The winner should be awarded one giant three egg omelet.

BBS Signature

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-18 04:09:25

The Jam theme is “Egg.”

1st - $775
2nd - $535
3rd - $300
4th - $200
5th - $101

Current Sponsors:

@OmarShehata - $200
@summerskoo - $175
@Voxiverian - $100
@The-EXP - $100
@D-Sun - $100
@53xy83457 - $50
@Aron-Ato - $50
@yeahha - $40
@NastyOldWizard - $31
@ConnorGrail - $30
@pixelturkey - $30
@Iggykoop - $25
@NamelessNathan - $25
@Wegra - $5
Anonymous NG Fan - $500
NG - $250

Other Events

Wait a second... An egg jam?!

WAIT

A

SECOND

HALF MY GAMES ARE EGG GAMES

BBS Signature

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-18 05:13:30

At 7/18/21 04:09 AM, Eggy wrote:
Wait a second... An egg jam?!

WAIT

A

SECOND

HALF MY GAMES ARE EGG GAMES

You should get bonus points from your user name.

BBS Signature

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-18 08:51:17

The Jam theme is “Egg.”

1st - $775
2nd - $535
3rd - $300
4th - $200
5th - $101

Current Sponsors:

@OmarShehata - $200
@summerskoo - $175
@Voxiverian - $100
@The-EXP - $100
@D-Sun - $100
@53xy83457 - $50
@Aron-Ato - $50
@yeahha - $40
@NastyOldWizard - $31
@ConnorGrail - $30
@pixelturkey - $30
@Iggykoop - $25
@NamelessNathan - $25
@Wegra - $5
Anonymous NG Fan - $500
NG - $250

Other Events

I love this jam game

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-18 08:52:36

Oh yeah

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-18 09:21:32

gregg eggs his eggos for egg time

USA #1 BEST IN THE WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-18 10:12:17

Hey If someone needs an artist msg me, I'd like to collab!

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-18 11:22:04

I can't believe this jam will end on my birthday, it's like getting a gift from the community, man I love Newgrounds so much!

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-18 12:34:02

Picked a great time to check back on Newgrounds! Been wanting to do some game jams recently, for various reasons, but mainly because they sound like great fun. It just so happens that there was one being hosted here, awesome!

So what I could provide, hmm, well, I'm mainly a graphic / logo design and character artist / illustrator / novice animator. (I do dabble in some writing but that doesn't look to be entirely necessary unless the game were a visual novel.) But my main interest in the realm of video games is to work as a game producer, someone who manages the team from the back. If you need someone who has a large idea pool and make sure the project runs smoothly, while filing in any role needed, then I'm that guy.

I've already produced a mobile game earlier this year with an artist and programmer (which I plan on releasing next month on Android and iOS, though it has been approved from Google and just needs to be converted to iOS and then reviewed by Apple) and we're well on our way into game numero dos. However since they're busy working on that one, I have to look for a new team to work on any other miscellaneous projects, such as game jams.

If you would like to collaborate, then send me a message! I'm not a programmer (code scares me), so if you're a programmer in need of an artist or some ideas of what to create (I have a few of my own), then send me a message and let's get crackin'! (No pun intended, I think?) Artists are welcome too, and perhaps even someone who could make some music. Whatever the case, let's make something cool!

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-18 12:36:25

At 7/18/21 11:22 AM, IranOrtega wrote: I can't believe this jam will end on my birthday, it's like getting a gift from the community, man I love Newgrounds so much!

The Extra Credits Game Jam this year ends on my birthday, so I get what you mean!