00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MC4HJW just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Pico Day Aftermath

21,704 Views | 152 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Pico Day Aftermath 2021-05-05 21:09:01

Hey Tom, You think we'll be getting any Pico and friends pins anytime soon?

Response to Pico Day Aftermath 2021-05-05 22:31:29

Thank you all of the users in this beautiful site for this great pico day!!!

EL BEHEDOG

The twofaced behemoth

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Aftermath 2021-05-05 22:40:50

I have no fear of NG losing its way with you at the helm Tom :)

Response to Pico Day Aftermath 2021-05-05 22:45:02

Tom can you make one more tankman statue so I can buy it pretty please k thx

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Aftermath 2021-05-05 22:55:17

this was a very pico year indeed and honestly im enjoying it

where the waldo at

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Aftermath 2021-05-05 23:22:51

At 5/5/21 11:20 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 5/5/21 11:06 AM, Evark wrote: Great to see NG getting more of its due for being a great place for artists run by a dedicated staff.

I only have one criticism: *peek
OMG has this been a known thing for a while?

Response to Pico Day Aftermath 2021-05-05 23:43:46

With the updated NG player I'm getting the following behavior in a Windows 10 laptop that was hit by the forced update that made the old player stop working:

If I'm logged into my NG user account

If I go to a game's NG page it shows "Adobe flash player is no longer supported" (Chrome) or "This plug-in isn't supported" (Edge) or just a blank screen (Firefox) in the canvas. If I copy/paste the url for the game's page into the player to try to run it, it doesn't load. If I use the url of a swf it works.

If I'm NOT logged into my user account

The game's page gives me an option to launch the game in NG player and it works great.

My newsfeed has random GameDev tips & tricks

Response to Pico Day Aftermath 2021-05-05 23:57:53

This was my first pico day. I did terrible as a joke but if i learned how to draw i would draw pico and take my time. Can't wait for all the pico days after this pico day.

Response to Pico Day Aftermath 2021-05-06 00:09:21

Nice first experience of a Pico Day for me

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Aftermath 2021-05-06 00:41:50

I love you, I love newgrounds I love you all.

I love NewGrounds :)

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Aftermath 2021-05-06 01:34:41

Well said with great sentiment, Mr. Fulp! It's nice to know that you, your team & all the long-time Newgrounder's are welcoming to us newer ones. Pico Day 2021 really was a blast and I can't wait to see which of the entries will get crowned as winners!

Response to Pico Day Aftermath 2021-05-06 01:51:31

I have been a member since before the first Pico Day. Its been such a long strange trip.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Aftermath 2021-05-06 03:41:34

*Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek*

SOETHING BIG IS COMING

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Aftermath 2021-05-06 06:09:57

Good luck to everyone with the prizes!!!

I had a great first Pico Day and I hope everyone else did as well! It was fun meeting some of the community members I haven't spoken to just yet :)

Response to Pico Day Aftermath 2021-05-06 06:59:44

Everyday should be Pico Day!!!!!

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Aftermath 2021-05-06 07:25:58

nene day when

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Aftermath 2021-05-06 07:45:02

Lol I sent this to Tom. But I'll post it here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk3XWrFIwV8

Response to Pico Day Aftermath 2021-05-06 07:45:29

At 5/5/21 11:43 PM, 3p0ch wrote: With the updated NG player I'm getting the following behavior in a Windows 10 laptop that was hit by the forced update that made the old player stop working:

If I'm logged into my NG user account
If I go to a game's NG page it shows "Adobe flash player is no longer supported" (Chrome) or "This plug-in isn't supported" (Edge) or just a blank screen (Firefox) in the canvas. If I copy/paste the url for the game's page into the player to try to run it, it doesn't load. If I use the url of a swf it works.

If I'm NOT logged into my user account
The game's page gives me an option to launch the game in NG player and it works great.

Check your account options page - do you have NG Player disabled or anything like that? Mine looks like this:

iu_298113_1.png

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Aftermath 2021-05-06 07:46:31

At 5/6/21 07:45 AM, I-review-good-flash wrote: Lol I sent this to Tom. But I'll post it here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk3XWrFIwV8

I forgot I was on my alternate account. Whoops.

Response to Pico Day Aftermath 2021-05-06 07:50:14

At 5/5/21 08:32 PM, leamos wrote: On a totally unrelated note, but something I've been curious about for a while so figured I might as well ask while I'm here (for @staff/@TomFulp): A while back y'all enabled BAT tipping for the main site, and I was wondering how that's been going. I throw ~ $1.00 worth every month and I'm interested to know if I'm, like, the only one or if I have lotsa company.

The plan has been to let people hook up their wallets to their accounts, for things like BAT and Coil. So far from our experience, tipping isn't more than a few bucks a month. The Brave browser gives us a monthly deposit of BAT based on site usage though and that's been more promising - might not add up to much on individual accounts but I'd still like to get it going.

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Aftermath 2021-05-06 07:52:43

At 5/5/21 06:44 PM, Sonucais wrote:
At 5/5/21 04:33 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 5/5/21 04:20 PM, Sonucais wrote: I can confirm the NG Flash Player update works without installing Flash Player. Medals working.

Windows 10, 64 bits. NG Flash Player was telling me to install Flash Player but I was getting error 1722 during the installation.
So just to be crystal clear - the new beta build had prompted you to install Flash Player, but then worked regardless? Will check to see if it could still be prompting that somewhere.
Wait, did you guys also make Internet Explorer play swf again? I was doing stuff with FFT, trying the download swf option and suddenly, instead of downloading it played! It's being played on Flash Player 32.0.0.363. My iexplorer version is 1903

I don't think we did anything there that would impact that... IE doesn't get updated anymore, right? Had it not been running Flash for a while and now it suddenly is? Had you maybe swapped your Flash runtime for one without the kill switch?

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Aftermath 2021-05-06 08:19:38

I was introduced to newgrounds because of fnf, which I’m sure many others can relate to. While only being on the site for the span of a few days, I’m quite addicted. Seeing the people who are still active on this website after a decade, seeing all the art, games, forum posts, and animations, its all so inspiring. I can tell that ill be staying here for quite a while. Heart <3

have a nice life

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Aftermath 2021-05-06 09:12:20

Well congratulations to everyone on Pico Day, also thank you Tom for working on NG Player!

SM/AMA/FAQs (Now both are ready, well sort of) My shortcuts

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Aftermath 2021-05-06 10:10:42

At 5/6/21 07:45 AM, TomFulp wrote: Check your account options page - do you have NG Player disabled or anything like that? Mine looks like this:

SMH that was it! I must've fiddled with it after the killswitch deploy looking for some way to get things working again and then forgotten about it. It's playing from the game's webpage now after turning that back on and working great!

My newsfeed has random GameDev tips & tricks

Response to Pico Day Aftermath 2021-05-06 11:15:38

At 5/6/21 07:52 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 5/5/21 06:44 PM, Sonucais wrote:
At 5/5/21 04:33 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 5/5/21 04:20 PM, Sonucais wrote: I can confirm the NG Flash Player update works without installing Flash Player. Medals working.

Windows 10, 64 bits. NG Flash Player was telling me to install Flash Player but I was getting error 1722 during the installation.
So just to be crystal clear - the new beta build had prompted you to install Flash Player, but then worked regardless? Will check to see if it could still be prompting that somewhere.
Wait, did you guys also make Internet Explorer play swf again? I was doing stuff with FFT, trying the download swf option and suddenly, instead of downloading it played! It's being played on Flash Player 32.0.0.363. My iexplorer version is 1903
I don't think we did anything there that would impact that... IE doesn't get updated anymore, right? Had it not been running Flash for a while and now it suddenly is? Had you maybe swapped your Flash runtime for one without the kill switch?

No, iexplorer started working with Flash after the installation of the beta 😳

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Aftermath 2021-05-06 11:45:45

joining newgrounds last year was the best thing that's ever happened to me. I've made so many fucking friends and I feel like my art is improving at a speed I've never seen before. love this community from the bottom of my heart.

stinky

Response to Pico Day Aftermath 2021-05-06 12:41:52

Hey man, I read that the NG player is only available for Windows users, but is there any chance that it will be compatible with Mac and Linux users in the future? I am a Mac user and recently used the Ruffle extension for Chrome, but I can't play games like Newgrounds Rumble or Madness Project Nexus, etc. I really don't know the reason why I can't play those games, but I'm very excited to play almost every game that I used to play in the Flash era.

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Aftermath 2021-05-06 13:15:48

At 5/6/21 10:41 AM, nurix wrote:
At 5/5/21 01:39 PM, Greila wrote: Honestly, even tho I only got an account bc ninjamuffin was raving about how great the community was - and boy did I miss my days on deviantart back when it was still good - these past couple of months have unburied A LOT of memories from the deepest confines of my brain.

I guess newgrounds has had a greater influence on me than I remembered!

This Pico Day was amazing, here is to many many more!
Don’t go to politics, you will die

Bold of you to assume I don't immediately mute the politics subforums whenever I join a new site!

Response to Pico Day Aftermath 2021-05-06 13:29:59

There's so much audio, it's crazy hehe

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Aftermath 2021-05-06 13:33:03

At 5/6/21 12:41 PM, Emmazapan wrote: Hey man, I read that the NG player is only available for Windows users, but is there any chance that it will be compatible with Mac and Linux users in the future? I am a Mac user and recently used the Ruffle extension for Chrome, but I can't play games like Newgrounds Rumble or Madness Project Nexus, etc. I really don't know the reason why I can't play those games, but I'm very excited to play almost every game that I used to play in the Flash era.

No plans for Mac and Linux at the moment, gonna hold out for Ruffle to hopefully cover everything everywhere, eventually. There might be some other alternatives that come along for Mac and Linux, too.

BBS Signature