00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

b0sszkr1 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG Player, V-Day Recap and Other Updates!

7,599 Views | 38 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to NG Player, V-Day Recap and Other Updates! 2021-02-24 11:50:11

Great content, great updates; great everything!

Seems a bit worrisome with the latest-Microsoft-update-making-it-all-impossible messages, but hopefully the fixes really do work when you try to apply them anyway... for me personally this is working fine.

At 2/19/21 09:36 AM, TomFulp wrote: We're at an all-time high of 4,241 active supporters at the moment, though! Still need to figure out how to get to 10k and beyond.

Nice! Good to hear it's still steadily moving upward at least; hopefully passed the break-even point some time back then...?

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

At 2/21/21 08:33 AM, VicariousE wrote: Dammit, that "bug" was the perfect way for us to archive messages, bypassing the anorexic inbox limit >:( For supporters, PM inbox storage doubled, but the sentbox storage stayed the same (still reads as 2MB). Seems like us Oldgrounders can never catch a break. A lot of active users hit the limit long ago, but the (slightly) more recent ratio of sent/composed limit, helped reduce message/post length... idk

Technically apparently the Sentbox/Inbox limits were previously combined, so the new limits are actually double the old ones split up. Used to be 3MB total, now 6MB total. Would definitely have been nice with a couple more digits on that limit but... the backup feature's pretty handy at least. Searchable archive too once you unzip it now.

At 2/18/21 05:33 PM, Urichov wrote: Somehow managed to miss watching every Valentine's Day animation here. Laziness I suppose.

Same! XD Though I blame: lack of time. Time to catch up a little now though...

At 2/21/21 11:40 AM, pokkaloh wrote: Will we be able to play swf files from the dumping grounds as well in the future?

This would really be great.

BBS Signature

New bug/problem:

Newgrounds player can't start, because it says "Newgrounds Player requres the adobe flash plugin" and prompts me to install it. But when I do try installing it, then this mesage appears:

"your microsoft internet explorer browser includes the latest version of the adobe flash"

Excuse me, WTF?!

How to fix it?

Response to NG Player, V-Day Recap and Other Updates! 2021-03-04 05:46:52

At 2/27/21 03:00 AM, kvenom wrote: New bug/problem:
Newgrounds player can't start, because it says "Newgrounds Player requres the adobe flash plugin" and prompts me to install it. But when I do try installing it, then this mesage appears:
"your microsoft internet explorer browser includes the latest version of the adobe flash"
Excuse me, WTF?!
How to fix it?

I have exactly the same problem ! Did someone find a solution ?

Response to NG Player, V-Day Recap and Other Updates! 2021-03-09 02:24:06

At 3/4/21 05:46 AM, babblegobble wrote:

I ran into this same issue. Its such a pain, because it was working well. Still looking for the solution.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to NG Player, V-Day Recap and Other Updates! 2021-04-14 08:30:30

Excuse me, WTF?!
How to fix it?

Are you maybe trying to download the plugin via the the old browser download page? That might not work anymore. You can find a list of direct links to older Flash player versions at the bottom of this post: https://sonucais.newgrounds.com/news/post/1137244

...and a bundle of other Q&A/solutions. Hope that helps.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Player, V-Day Recap and Other Updates! 2021-04-14 08:31:29

At 4/14/21 08:30 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
Excuse me, WTF?!
How to fix it?
Are you maybe trying to download the plugin via the the old browser download page? That might not work anymore. You can find a list of direct links to older Flash player versions at the bottom of this post: https://sonucais.newgrounds.com/news/post/1137244

...and a bundle of other Q&A/solutions. Hope that helps.

This is something we're still working on - there's a planned NG Player update that will hopefully get around the current hurdles in Windows.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Player, V-Day Recap and Other Updates! 2021-04-14 08:54:00

At 4/14/21 08:31 AM, TomFulp wrote: This is something we're still working on - there's a planned NG Player update that will hopefully get around the current hurdles in Windows.

Woo, good to hear. The included file replacement that comes with the installer seems to still be enough with Windows 7 for me, though no longer with Windows 10.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Player, V-Day Recap and Other Updates! 2021-04-20 04:23:57

At 4/14/21 08:31 AM, TomFulp wrote: This is something we're still working on - there's a planned NG Player update that will hopefully get around the current hurdles in Windows.

That is what we have all be waiting for. It should be better, and easier to use.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature