00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GasGrass just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Among Us Jam Winners!

25,281 Views | 31 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Among Us Jam Winners! 2020-10-31 11:11:11

To celebrate the success of Among Us, we recently hosted an Among Us Animation Jam with the theme, “The Purple Impostor.”

Among Us devs Innersloth kicked in $3,000 towards prizes and community members @technomantics, @BombsAhoy, @AnonymousAlchemist, @53xy83457, @VoicesByCorey, @Nokonorii joined with NG to toss in additional funds.

The jam resulted in 200 entries, with many of them feeling worthy of a top ten spot. The judging process included the NG staff, @PuffballsUnited, @ForteBass and @Aemu from Innersloth, feedback from @TheNewGroundsPodcast watch party and audience voting. In the end we added several prize tiers but we want all of you to know how impressed we were with so many of the entries that couldn’t make the final list.

Here are the winners!

1st - $1,000

@Doggybag and his crew delivered a quirky entry with great comedic timing and visual humor, where the jokes never fail to get a laugh on repeat viewing. You can feel the fun they had making it, while also getting lost in the clever scenario they’ve set up within the game world.

2nd -  $700

@Potatoman and company surprised us with a Pixar-worthy entry about a purple doofus who just can’t catch a break. From the insane production quality up to the special twist on the topic, this short is a staggering reminder of what independents can achieve.

3rd - $530

@Jonarock’s entry with the help of Jaquin and Chris Basso is a jammin’ good time; a short that captures everything unique about the game in an almost TV episode-like format. With four unique musical tracks that tie together a structured story of loveable characters, this easily quotable entry just might have you feeling touched at the very end, even after all the laughs.

4th - $350

@nintenga95 and @MissMoonified have maybe the strongest finish of the jam, complemented by a non-stop barrage of punchy jokes all the way through.

5th - $250

@ChrisShwafer packed a ton of silly moments and sight gags in one of the first big Among Us cartoons to hit the web. This slaps!

6th - $225

@breabrzz crafted an atmospheric piece with an imposing impostor.

7th - $180

@Inkora delivered gruesome horror synced to a song of the same name by Pinomin.

8th - $150

@TheSwimmingMango utilized 3D to great effect, creating mood and suspense with dramatic lighting choices.

9th - $100

@StaggerNight’s short capitalizes on the discussion chaos regularly found in Among Us and spun it around into a relatable conversation falling quickly out of hand. We’ve never thought about cereal this hard in our whole lives but this cartoon makes some excellent points, delivering solid laughs while doing so.

10th - $100

@Kyskke’s entry is a charming romp on The Skeld, tying together numerous canonical elements in a fun way. From the use of security room killings to the kill timer cooldown, this animation offers tons of quick gags with well executed audio and adorable visuals. 

11th - $75

@KingShada brought the old school stick fighting vibes but with a beautifully orchestrated Among Us battle. If action and combat are your jam, you won’t want to miss this.

12th - $75

@SailLaser rendered every impostor’s nightmare scenario with gorgeous pixel art. This entry is fresh and entertaining throughout!

13th - $50

@cool-beens weaved an adorable detective tale with cute characters and a surprise twist.

14th - $50

@Jam0Gello served up dessert; a movie filled with delicious cakes and a purple impostor straight from the jam promo banner.

Honorary Mention

We’re giving a special mention to The Purple Impostor Transformation Short by @JaceyKing!

This entry is a technical marvel and an inspiring vision of what a feature-length Among Us film could look like. We’re excited to see whatever JaceyKing makes next and someone should really snatch them up for a major game or film production.

Thank you everyone who made something for the jam; we had so much fun watching your entries, especially during @TheNewgroundsPodcast six hour watch party!

I'll remind everyone that your music should always be credited and either used with permission or provided by a resource that grants open permission. Several entries didn’t follow this rule and it hurt them during the judging process. See our music resource page! Every animator here should get to know some musicians; you’ll make better original work in the present AND build a support network for commercial opportunities in the future.

Jam entries are available in The Purple Impostor collection and you can play them back to back.

You can also browse all of the Among Us movies on NG if you still haven't got your fix!

That concludes the Among Us Jam! This has been a difficult jam to judge due to the sheer volume of impressive entries and individual favorites; I hope no one feels discouraged if they didn’t rank in the final results. We really appreciate so many people turning out for events like this on NG.

On that note, Happy Halloween!

Today is the deadline to enter something in our Halloween Spooktacular, with categories for animation, games, art, music, voice acting and writing.

We’ve received many brilliant entries already this month. Shout-outs to @AntonM and @ClockworkPixel for another consecutive year; these two keep getting better and better and I look forward to their individual entries every Halloween. 

It has also been a thrill to see @Bassetfilms and @Gooseworx join the festivities this year and I hope @DannyGoodShirt’s Dr. Good’s Operating Theater collab keeps growing as an annual tradition. 

Don’t even get me started on Dead Estate, from @milkbarjack and the team that brought us Bonkers. This Halloween is sooooo good and I’ll miss it when it’s over! There's always @SrPelo's fashionably late entry to look forward to, as well.

Thank you everyone who has contributed to making Newgrounds a fun destination during such a rough year. There is so much to explore here and I wish we could shine an even bigger light on all of it. We’ll keep working to do just that! I recently updated the NG History page to detail events from this year and some of what is to come.

iu_187992_1.jpg

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Among Us Jam Winners! 2020-10-31 11:12:51

One more note - I'll start reaching out to everyone about prize payments in the next day or two, in case I don't get a chance in the next few hours!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Among Us Jam Winners! 2020-10-31 11:24:27

It was really fun seeing all the entries for this, and super fun to participate! Awesome job to everyone involved!!

my skin is morphing to form the impression of my crocs

BBS Signature

Response to Among Us Jam Winners! 2020-10-31 11:25:12

giphy.gif

signature by jackho

BBS Signature

Response to Among Us Jam Winners! 2020-10-31 11:26:40

Congratulations to all of the winners! The turnout for this jam was AMAZING and so much great content came out of it! Can’t wait for the next one! 😃

You need a voice? I got plenty for ya! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Among Us Jam Winners! 2020-10-31 11:56:11

iu_188011_5800370.gifhell yea well done bois

Response to Among Us Jam Winners! 2020-10-31 12:18:07 (edited 2020-10-31 12:25:05)

Good work to all that participate the jam, You all deserve a choco milk

iu_188033_7949491.jpg

BBS Signature

Response to Among Us Jam Winners! 2020-10-31 12:24:01

Congrats to everyone! It ended up being another jam where I wasn't excited before, but by time it was over, I was in love, because of all the insanely awesome stuff our community came up with.

You guys are wicked talented.

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Among Us Jam Winners! 2020-10-31 12:26:41

Congrats to all the winners and to everyone that participated!

iu_188034_6011013.jpg

I really don't know what to put on here.

Response to Among Us Jam Winners! 2020-10-31 12:31:37

HELLL YEAAAAAA! so happy i placed! wish i spent more than a week on mine though it definitely lost its polish half way through haha. but man is it exciting to see that people liked my animation. Congrats to the other winners!

Response to Among Us Jam Winners! 2020-10-31 12:34:13

Hell yeah!!! Congrats to everyone that placed!! It was awesome seeing the final entries come to fruition, and we had a ton of fun making our short. Thank you so much!

Response to Among Us Jam Winners! 2020-10-31 12:41:40

Much deserved @Doggybag . Really entertaining entry.

Congrats to all participants. You all produced some really stellar work.

Response to Among Us Jam Winners! 2020-10-31 13:12:57 (edited 2020-10-31 13:15:14)

Slighty disappointed but I'll get over it. Well done to the winners and treat yourself to something nice :)

Big shout out to these guys. They deserve an extra watch;

BBS Signature

Response to Among Us Jam Winners! 2020-10-31 14:36:10

loved watching the animations for the among us jam, and thanks for the shoutout!

insane killstreak totals

Response to Among Us Jam Winners! 2020-10-31 14:43:21 (edited 2020-10-31 14:43:28)

Congrats @Doggybag

Response to Among Us Jam Winners! 2020-10-31 15:05:32

This was a fun animation jam. Congratulations to the winners.

Response to Among Us Jam Winners! 2020-10-31 17:19:44

At 10/31/20 11:11 AM, TomFulp wrote: To celebrate the success of Among Us, we recently hosted an Among Us Animation Jam with the theme, “The Purple Impostor.”

Among Us devs Innersloth kicked in $3,000 towards prizes and community members @technomantics, @BombsAhoy, @AnonymousAlchemist, @53xy83457, @VoicesByCorey, @Nokonorii joined with NG to toss in additional funds.

The jam resulted in 200 entries, with many of them feeling worthy of a top ten spot. The judging process included the NG staff, @PuffballsUnited, @ForteBass and @Aemu from Innersloth, feedback from @TheNewGroundsPodcast watch party and audience voting. In the end we added several prize tiers but we want all of you to know how impressed we were with so many of the entries that couldn’t make the final list.

Here are the winners!

1st - $1,000

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/768099

@Doggybag and his crew delivered a quirky entry with great comedic timing and visual humor, where the jokes never fail to get a laugh on repeat viewing. You can feel the fun they had making it, while also getting lost in the clever scenario they’ve set up within the game world.

2nd - $700

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/768141

@Potatoman and company surprised us with a Pixar-worthy entry about a purple doofus who just can’t catch a break. From the insane production quality up to the special twist on the topic, this short is a staggering reminder of what independents can achieve.

3rd - $530

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/768116

@Jonarock’s entry with the help of Jaquin and Chris Basso is a jammin’ good time; a short that captures everything unique about the game in an almost TV episode-like format. With four unique musical tracks that tie together a structured story of loveable characters, this easily quotable entry just might have you feeling touched at the very end, even after all the laughs.

4th - $350

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/767916

@nintenga95 and @MissMoonified have maybe the strongest finish of the jam, complemented by a non-stop barrage of punchy jokes all the way through.

5th - $250

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/766074

@ChrisShwafer packed a ton of silly moments and sight gags in one of the first big Among Us cartoons to hit the web. This slaps!

6th - $225

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/767732

@breabrzz crafted an atmospheric piece with an imposing impostor.

7th - $180

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/768148

@Inkora delivered gruesome horror synced to a song of the same name by Pinomin.

8th - $150

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/767988

@TheSwimmingMango utilized 3D to great effect, creating mood and suspense with dramatic lighting choices.

9th - $100

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/767306

@StaggerNight’s short capitalizes on the discussion chaos regularly found in Among Us and spun it around into a relatable conversation falling quickly out of hand. We’ve never thought about cereal this hard in our whole lives but this cartoon makes some excellent points, delivering solid laughs while doing so.

10th - $100

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/767390

@Kyskke’s entry is a charming romp on The Skeld, tying together numerous canonical elements in a fun way. From the use of security room killings to the kill timer cooldown, this animation offers tons of quick gags with well executed audio and adorable visuals. 

11th - $75

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/768175

@KingShada brought the old school stick fighting vibes but with a beautifully orchestrated Among Us battle. If action and combat are your jam, you won’t want to miss this.

12th - $75

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/768082

@SailLaser rendered every impostor’s nightmare scenario with gorgeous pixel art. This entry is fresh and entertaining throughout!

13th - $50

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/768140

@cool-beens weaved an adorable detective tale with cute characters and a surprise twist.

14th - $50

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/768147

@Jam0Gello served up dessert; a movie filled with delicious cakes and a purple impostor straight from the jam promo banner.

Honorary Mention

We’re giving a special mention to The Purple Impostor Transformation Short by @JaceyKing!

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/768026

This entry is a technical marvel and an inspiring vision of what a feature-length Among Us film could look like. We’re excited to see whatever JaceyKing makes next and someone should really snatch them up for a major game or film production.

Thank you everyone who made something for the jam; we had so much fun watching your entries, especially during @TheNewgroundsPodcast six hour watch party!

I'll remind everyone that your music should always be credited and either used with permission or provided by a resource that grants open permission. Several entries didn’t follow this rule and it hurt them during the judging process. See our music resource page! Every animator here should get to know some musicians; you’ll make better original work in the present AND build a support network for commercial opportunities in the future.

Jam entries are available in The Purple Impostor collection and you can play them back to back.

You can also browse all of the Among Us movies on NG if you still haven't got your fix!

That concludes the Among Us Jam! This has been a difficult jam to judge due to the sheer volume of impressive entries and individual favorites; I hope no one feels discouraged if they didn’t rank in the final results. We really appreciate so many people turning out for events like this on NG.

On that note, Happy Halloween!

Today is the deadline to enter something in our Halloween Spooktacular, with categories for animation, games, art, music, voice acting and writing.

We’ve received many brilliant entries already this month. Shout-outs to @AntonM and @ClockworkPixel for another consecutive year; these two keep getting better and better and I look forward to their individual entries every Halloween. 

It has also been a thrill to see @Bassetfilms and @Gooseworx join the festivities this year and I hope @DannyGoodShirt’s Dr. Good’s Operating Theater collab keeps growing as an annual tradition. 

Don’t even get me started on Dead Estate, from @milkbarjack and the team that brought us Bonkers. This Halloween is sooooo good and I’ll miss it when it’s over! There's always @SrPelo's fashionably late entry to look forward to, as well.

Thank you everyone who has contributed to making Newgrounds a fun destination during such a rough year. There is so much to explore here and I wish we could shine an even bigger light on all of it. We’ll keep working to do just that! I recently updated the NG History page to detail events from this year and some of what is to come.

The person who made the ballad of Gumpy really deserved the reward.

Response to Among Us Jam Winners! 2020-10-31 22:58:11

Really loved these movies

Response to Among Us Jam Winners! 2020-11-01 01:50:24

Congrats to the winners and to all the participants!

I really being part of this and I hope I can participate in others events as well! Really gave me a boost on my own work and now, I'm aware I can do good stuff too! I hope everyone can realise this too about their own work!

And Happy Halloween!

Response to Among Us Jam Winners! 2020-11-01 01:56:19

God I hope it's easy picking the best of October movies without pretending you know what Among Us is

Coolier than thou

Best Toon

BBS Signature

Response to Among Us Jam Winners! 2020-11-01 03:09:07

Very cool! Congratulations to everyone! And thanks for getting this contest going. It got me out of my rut for a bit and animate something for once XD

Response to Among Us Jam Winners! 2020-11-01 03:13:28

What an excellent event. I watched a ton of these and really enjoyed each one.

Response to Among Us Jam Winners! 2020-11-01 03:28:56

Thanks for the shout out!

Always look forward to the Spooktacular! Incredible content as always

Where am I ... wait where ... what?

Response to Among Us Jam Winners! 2020-11-01 04:25:54 (edited 2020-11-01 04:26:13)

You made kruno upset Tom. First post tho

None

BBS Signature

Response to Among Us Jam Winners! 2020-11-01 14:38:36

October has been a great month creatively and a nice escape from all the constant anxieties I and others face living in the US. (Probably most other countries too)

There was many great animations that came out of these jams and hosting Dr. Good again was a blast.

Gianni, voice acting for Funimation and other big studios now, is looking forward to next years and as long as he's stoked we'll keep Dr. Good going. :)

Great work everybody and I am very grateful for an independent community like Newgrounds to exist in such a corporate society. Stay safe and wear a fucking mask. Cheers.

- Danny

Response to Among Us Jam Winners! 2020-11-01 21:18:29

At 11/1/20 04:21 AM, kruno5 wrote: i don't like among us , among us is boooooooooooooooring stuff

REEEEE how dare you have an unpopular opinion. I agree with you never liked it and will never play it.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to Among Us Jam Winners! 2020-11-02 05:49:38 (edited 2020-11-02 05:50:32)

Woah, Innersloth above and beyond with the prize pool here. And the contest activity beyond maybe anything I've experienced here before... it's felt like Among Us highlights every day the whole month, and maybe the last too, and maybe still... crazy participation/inspiration levels in circulation.

Congrats to the winners y'all! Lots to catch up on...

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Among Us Jam Winners! 2020-11-03 04:36:54

Congrats to all the winners. Lots of great submissions.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Among Us Jam Winners! 2020-11-03 10:23:44

Sad to see this didn't win

Response to Among Us Jam Winners! 2020-11-04 10:40:52 (edited 2020-11-04 10:41:45)

Oh, right. The music.

Well, gg. Loved all the videos.