00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

N0vasu just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Casting Call; Fandub Series!

1,229 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hello everyone! I come to NewGrounds.com in search of voice-actors for a new fandub series my co-director and I will be producing.

This fandub will be for an RPG called Tales of Symphonia. If you haven't heard of this game before or you have but aren't too keen on the general logistics of it, it's a part of the Tales Of franchise and is commonly rated the greatest of all the other Tales Of games. It is action, so there will be fighting and adventurous scenes throughout.

From the game's box, the description is as follows:
In a dying world, legend has it that a Chosen One will one day rise from amongst the people and the land will be reborn. The line between good and evil blurs in this epic adventure where the fate of two interlocked worlds hangs in the balance.

(Note: This project is going to be quite long, and we kindly ask voice talents cast to be committed to their roles. If for any reason anyone cast must leave our project at a certain point in time, we require notice as we will need to cast a replacement to fill your role. It's fine if you have to leave, just please please let us know as soon as you come to a decision.)

Now, there are some things we ask of you before you audition;

-Please have as high quality of a mic as possible, and have background noises to a minimum
-This game does have voices in them already, but no worries. We're not looking for people who HAVE to sound like them, but we do ask to try and capture the character's spirit.
-You do not need prior knowledge of the game to audition. We will provide general knowledge of the character choices you have and some example scenes to base off their characteristics and mannerisms in the game.

To audition, please visit our Casting Call forum here for more details and intricate character descriptions, or email me to submit a demo reel of the lines of the character(s) you've chosen to audition for. Read on for character lines and descriptions if you choose to remain on this NewGrounds forum.

(There are 9 main cast members and along the way, we will be auditioning for additional voices. :D If you want to audition for episode 1's additional voices roster or for future roles, visit the Casting Call Forum linked above, or email me (amendiolamesa@gmail.com) for more details.

Characters and Lines

Lloyd Irving:
He is a headstrong teen, and is the main protagonist in this game. He's a young man with a bit of an attitude but will do anything to make their world a better place for everyone in it.

Lines:
1. Give me your name and I shall give you mine.
2. Dwarven Vow #4: Don't depend on others. Walk on your own two feet.
3. It’s not the same! This city doesn’t have a non-aggression treaty with the Desians! How can we go on a quest to regenerate the world if we can’t even save the people standing right in front of us?!

Colette Brunel:
She's a pure-hearted teen girl who is willing to sacrifice her life to save people all around her. She is widely known as the Chosen of Regeneration with a clumsy stature but a lot of kindness.

Lines:
1. Oh, Holy One, cast thy purifying light upon these corrupt souls... JUDGMENT! {One of the lines she says in battle}
2. I'm sorry to worry everyone..
3. He said we can throw the Exspheres away at any time. But right now, we need to carry the burden of the hopes and dreams of the victims and fight on their behalf.

Genis Sage:
A bright young student, he's a really witty and level-headed member of the group with superb magic skills. He is also known to be the youngest comic-relief among the rest of the group. He harbors a lot of empathy and respect for others who are Half-Elves like him.

Lines:
1. Ha ha! You got re-jec-ted! {Sing song}
2. No, I don't understand. That's why I asked. Are you stupid or something?
3. Marble? Marble! NO!!

Raine Sage:
The main reason behind Genis's intellect, this brilliant woman is Genis's older sister, and teacher to Lloyd, Colette, and Genis along with other children in their village. She's a wonderful asset to their team, and has exceptional healing abilities.

Lines:
1. MARVELOUS!!!
2. In order to change the world, I must first change myself.
3. If you don't understand, then make use of your remaining life to think about what it means for a person to live. That's my final lesson to you as a teacher. Now go. Do as your teacher says.

Kratos Aurion:
Infinite in mystery is Kratos indeed. A mercenary tasked with the duty of protecting Colette, he joins their team to fight off evil. He doesn't seem to show much more emotion than the words he speaks when spoken to. More details to be given to the person cast for his role.

Lines:
1. This isn't a field trip, you know.
2. {Intense scene} Feel the pain--{Kratos slashes opponent}--of those inferior beings--{SLASH}--as you burn in Hell!
3. That's why war is so tragic. To win means to make victims of your opponents and give birth to hatred.

Sheena Fujibayashi:
Beautiful, strong...CLUMSY..she's a ninja with courage and dedication to her clan and village of Mizuho. Her intentions to kill Colette are unknown, but her personality claims that she's not as dark as the true enemy.

Lines:
1. ...I’m so stupid. Stubborn to the very end… I really need to start acting more feminine at times like this and let him rescue me. ...Heh, that wouldn’t be my style, now, would it?
2. For the sake of everyone who risked their lives to protect me, Volt! I demand your power!
3. I am Sheena! I ask that thou annulst thy pact with Mithos and establish a new pact with me.

Zelos Wilder:
Have you ever met a philanthropist? Consider this guy the epitome of them. Flirtatious, adventurous, and fun-loving, this man has a lot to offer when it comes to swordsmanship and magic. (He doesn't enter the story for a while)

Lines:
1. No offense, but I'm not interested in talking to guys.
2. Even now, to tell the truth, I get tired of all the problems. Sometimes I think it'd be easier if everyone and everything were just destroyed.
3. Oh, you're so cute, Colette!

Presea Combatir:
Small, emotionless, and almost robotic at first, she regains her consciousness after much struggle and hardship. Her physical strength is abhorrent for someone of her size, but her heart and spirit is much more vast. (She doesn't enter the story for a while.}

Lines:
1. You criticize and attack people for their birth and upbringing - things they cannot change. It is you who are not human.
2. I did it, Alicia. I've avenged your death.
3. I want to go home...

Regal Bryant:
He's a respectful individual with a heart-breaking disarray of a physical appearance. He wears shackles as a reminder of a crime he's committed long ago, and seems to know Presea in some way. He's the last party member you'll meet. (He doesn't appear in the story for a while.)

Lines:
1. I like to think that I'm smart enough not to start trouble when I don't understand the situation.
2. I promise never to use these hands in battle again.
3. No matter how hard I try to move forward, I am held back by the sin I have committed. I am so used to the weight of my sin that I am afraid to let it go. It's so easy to simply acknowledge myself as a criminal and let it envelop me in its apathy.

(We have more roles available! Contact me (amendiolamesa@gmail.com) for more information or if you'd like a heads up on future roles for our fandub! Thank you for your interest and time and we hope you become a part of our fandub!)

-AverythingArtsy and MacTheMeh

(P.S. Sorry, but since this fandub is purely for fun and also for exposure for up and coming voice-actors or experienced voice-actors looking to get back into the profession/hobby, these roles will not be paid.)

Response to Casting Call; Fandub Series! 2017-07-20 18:19:13

Awwww man, this is literally one of my favorite games ever....and my voice does NOT fit a single character :( sadness

Good luck with this though :) Excited to see

Response to Casting Call; Fandub Series! 2017-07-20 20:33:20

At 7/20/17 06:19 PM, Viper718 wrote: Awwww man, this is literally one of my favorite games ever....and my voice does NOT fit a single character :( sadness

Good luck with this though :) Excited to see

All characters in the main plot (and mayyyybe a little more content) will have voices :D

If you wish to audition for future roles, feel free to email me at amendiolamesa@gmail.com! Thank you for your time and interest!