00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LOCKdev just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

N G U A C Knock-out Round 2017

19,561 Views | 336 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to N G U A C Knock-out Round 2017 2017-07-15 09:24:17

So, I think I remember someone stating that we were allowed to start working on round 3's track if we finished early for round 2. Can't seem to find the post though. Can someone reclarify?

Response to N G U A C Knock-out Round 2017 2017-07-15 10:48:25

At 7/15/17 09:24 AM, TheDukeofJuke wrote: So, I think I remember someone stating that we were allowed to start working on round 3's track if we finished early for round 2. Can't seem to find the post though. Can someone reclarify?

Yes. That rule only applies to the NGADM. Here at the NGUAC, we actually don't allow that. Sorry!

"Time's fun when you're having flies." ~Kermit the Frog

BBS Signature

At 7/15/17 10:48 AM, TaintedLogic wrote: No

Alright. Guess I'll wait then. The composition that I was working on felt like a hit and miss at the moment anyway.

Response to N G U A C Knock-out Round 2017 2017-07-15 13:49:57

At 7/15/17 11:26 AM, TheDukeofJuke wrote:
At 7/15/17 10:48 AM, TaintedLogic wrote: No

I love how you keep simplifying my replies to your questions. XD

BBS Signature

Response to N G U A C Knock-out Round 2017 2017-07-15 14:01:17

At 7/15/17 01:49 PM, TaintedLogic wrote: lol idiot

huh........

Come join music competitions on Chips Compo and hang on our Discord!

Good artists copy. Great artists get banned from the Audio Portal.

BBS Signature

At 7/15/17 02:01 PM, johnfn wrote: THE NAZIS KIND OF HAD A POINT

whoa there friend

Response to N G U A C Knock-out Round 2017 2017-07-15 14:17:49

At 7/15/17 02:10 PM, LunacyEcho wrote:
At 7/15/17 02:01 PM, johnfn wrote: SANTA KIND OF HAD A POINT
whoa there friend

But he did!

Come join music competitions on Chips Compo and hang on our Discord!

Good artists copy. Great artists get banned from the Audio Portal.

BBS Signature

Response to N G U A C Knock-out Round 2017 2017-07-15 17:57:26

Hey guy, how's everyone doing with their next track?

Response to N G U A C Knock-out Round 2017 2017-07-15 18:48:54

^_-

Response to N G U A C Knock-out Round 2017 2017-07-15 22:15:20

And...we now have at least one entry from each group! Woohoo!

BBS Signature

Response to N G U A C Knock-out Round 2017 2017-07-16 00:10:45

At 7/15/17 01:49 PM, TaintedLogic wrote: TheDukeofJuke is the funniest user on Newgrounds.

Well, thanks!

Response to N G U A C Knock-out Round 2017 2017-07-16 10:54:40

@EvilRaccoon @Frootza

I noticed some small overlooked things in my track and fixed them. Clear your cache before checking out the updated version. Thanks!

P.S. I'm getting better studio monitors when I'm not broke anymore.

Response to N G U A C Knock-out Round 2017 2017-07-16 11:54:17

I'm sad to say, but again I will bow out of the NGUAC competition. Due to various excuses such as a work trip next week, and some writer's block, and being slipped back into NGADM, I do not believe I'll be able to complete two pieces for both NGUAC and NGADM that would be a true display of my skill and abilities. I swear to one day to compete in the competition that I helped create the categories of.

DM me if you want a review!

BBS Signature

Response to N G U A C Knock-out Round 2017 2017-07-16 12:46:38

At 7/16/17 11:54 AM, Spadezer wrote: I'm sad to say, but again I will bow out of the NGUAC competition.

Sorry to hear that! Well, good luck in the ADM. :)

BBS Signature

It's not a day in my life unless I make a fool of myself somehow. But it was brought to my attention that the bass was off in my track because I accidentally had something checked I didn't want checked. I've since then fixed it. If you hear shitty bass during the chiptune part, then you should probably clear your cache again.

@EvilRaccoon @Frootza

Sorry bout the constant tagging.

Sadly, I too must formally announce likely resignation from NGUAC. I wanted to enter properly, but uh. I had an idea for a piece which turns out to be one of my *really big* ideas that I can't put down for nearly a month or two until it's done.

So yeah. Contest ain't gonna happen for me. I toyed with trying to finish it sooner, but no way that's gonna happen haha.

Good luck to everyone!

who knows though, maybe I'll be able to bash something really good out amidst packing and moving to a new house too.

Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature

Response to N G U A C Knock-out Round 2017 2017-07-17 10:35:00

Alright. I'm officially out of NGADM, so time to give this thing all I've got.

Bring it.

hey man, you uh you got something on your face right there, lemme just... ok, there we go, MUCH better, you are looking GOOD AS NEW

Response to N G U A C Knock-out Round 2017 2017-07-17 11:58:21

At 7/17/17 04:44 AM, SkyeWint wrote: Sadly, I too must formally announce likely resignation from NGUAC. I wanted to enter properly, but uh. I had an idea for a piece which turns out to be one of my *really big* ideas that I can't put down for nearly a month or two until it's done.

Sorry to hear that, Skye! Good luck with your future projects. ;)

BBS Signature

Since I made a few mistakes with those previous updates of my track, will the previous mistakes be included in the judging or will only the final product be judged?

Response to N G U A C Knock-out Round 2017 2017-07-17 12:44:40

At 7/17/17 12:40 PM, TheDukeofJuke wrote: Since I made a few mistakes with those previous updates of my track, will the previous mistakes be included in the judging or will only the final product be judged?

Only the final product will be judged. I'll encourage the judges to clear their caches before starting to score anyone's piece, so prior versions of your piece won't show up on the scoresheet. ;)

BBS Signature

At 7/17/17 12:44 PM, TaintedLogic wrote:
At 7/17/17 12:40 PM, TheDukeofJuke wrote: Since I made a few mistakes with those previous updates of my track, will the previous mistakes be included in the judging or will only the final product be judged?
Only the final product will be judged. I'll encourage the judges to clear their caches before starting to score anyone's piece, so prior versions of your piece won't show up on the scoresheet. ;)

No no no, the judges actually have a secret rubric point entitled "publishing with confidence" that requires you to make sure that your product contains no mistakes before publishing it, because only a fool would publish a half finished piece and fix it later

The points they take off not only half your score for the round, bu also go on your permanent record, detrimenting any future entries to any other competition on Newgrounds ever

hey man, you uh you got something on your face right there, lemme just... ok, there we go, MUCH better, you are looking GOOD AS NEW

Response to N G U A C Knock-out Round 2017 2017-07-17 15:11:26

Here is my new submission for this round:
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/755884

Response to N G U A C Knock-out Round 2017 2017-07-17 22:15:36

At 7/17/17 12:48 PM, 1f1n1ty wrote: No no no, the judges actually have a secret rubric point entitled "publishing with confidence" that requires you to make sure that your product contains no mistakes before publishing it, because only a fool would publish a half finished piece and fix it later

The points they take off not only half your score for the round, bu also go on your permanent record, detrimenting any future entries to any other competition on Newgrounds ever.

This is it. I've done did it like the dopey dunce I am. I have dishonored my family. Now I'm going to have to go on wikihow and look up "How to commit Seppuku?"

*some imaginary gleaming custom art right here*

Response to N G U A C Knock-out Round 2017 2017-07-18 11:28:06

Lol I had no idea NGUAC 2017 had already started... i guess... see you next year? ;-;

Response to N G U A C Knock-out Round 2017 2017-07-19 01:16:11

Sorry for being annoying, but i still have 2 questions:
1)Can i submit a track to a record label for a release after i use it as my submission in the contest?
2)Can i work with a vocalists for my piece if i enter as an individual? ( i did ask this but the question wasn't clear enough xD)

Please help, thanks a lot :D

BBS Signature