00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MssLibitina just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

You cant trust your primary care Dr

1,375 Views | 20 Replies

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3146379/

Here's an article on National Institute of Health, a government website.

Two practice realities have spurred interventions to improve primary care recognition and treatment of depression as a public health suicide prevention strategy.10,11 First, patients dying by suicide visit primary care physicians more than twice as often as mental health clinicians.10 A review of studies analyzing this clinical scenario estimated 45% of those dying by suicide saw their primary care physician in the month before their death.10 Only 20% saw a mental health professional10 in the preceding month. Women and older patients are more likely to have sought care in the month before suicide10 than men and younger patients. Second, generalists (internists, pediatricians, family physicians) write most antidepressant prescriptions (62%) in the United States.11 When these 2 facts are considered together, it becomes clear that primary care clinicians provide most antidepressant treatment and are the group most likely to see patients at risk of suicide in the month before their death.

TL;DR: Doctors assume every patient is actively hiding a mental illness, and primary care doctors are being recruited to screen for mental health because their patients don't know they can't trust them to not pin spurious mental health diagnoses on them.

To better understand and prevent suicide, research has focused on identifying risk factors from clinical samples of convenience and cross-sectional general population studies. Many factors increasing risk of death by suicide are known.34 Unfortunately, most of these factors are immutable, as for example being white, male...

TL;DR: They are targeting white males specifically

On the basis of clinical experience and research, acute anxiety and agitation are critical suicide warning signs.61 Of patients hospitalized in psychiatric or other hospitals who died by suicide, only 20% endorsed suicidal ideation before their suicide, but 80% either endorsed or manifested severe anxiety or agitation.37....Some patients denying these subjective symptoms may objectively demonstrate the increased motor movements or restlessness indicative of severe agitation or appear ruminative and overwhelmed. Patients with such symptoms and signs should be considered emergent cases and treated aggressively using benzodiazepines and/or antipsychotics.

TL;DR: They are specifically targeting people who deny having a mental illness.

But hey, I'm just paranoid because as medical biller I know my doctors are being specifically directed by the government to target white males as requiring involuntary hospitalization for mental illness, especially if they deny having a mental illness.

Of course, if they admit to having a mental illness that only makes the castigation that much easier.

Come at me, bro.

This is a song about death. It's on mandolin.

Hate is the first step to all solutions.

You will not end bigotry until you learn to hate it.

BBS Signature

Response to You cant trust your primary care Dr 2017-06-21 20:26:30

At 6/21/17 05:22 PM, FUNKbrs wrote: TL;DR: They are specifically targeting people who deny having a mental illness.

So basically everyone

I'm pretty well aware of the addictive and up-selling nature of the pharma industry as a whole. I thank you good sir for sharing this with newgrounds forum. And remember:

Do not trust the greedy poison peddlers and their sickness causing, astronomically price-inflated pills

Do not trust your doctor when he tells you he wants to help you

Do not trust those who are indoctrinated to the wills of big pharma

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature

Response to You cant trust your primary care Dr 2017-06-21 20:26:54

also don't trust the jews lmao

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature

Response to You cant trust your primary care Dr 2017-06-21 20:33:04

At 6/21/17 08:28 PM, Sause wrote: That's.....actually pretty smart. It's underhanded, sure, but most of the mass-killings in the U.S. are perpetrated by white males.

just like all synagogue vandals are jewish

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature

Response to You cant trust your primary care Dr 2017-06-21 20:33:17

srsly do not trust the jews

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature

Response to You cant trust your primary care Dr 2017-06-21 20:38:15

At 6/21/17 08:26 PM, Spedmallet wrote: also don't trust the jews lmao

Wait what? But I love Mel Brooks...

At 6/21/17 08:28 PM, Sause wrote: That's.....actually pretty smart. It's underhanded, sure, but most of the mass-killings in the U.S. are perpetrated by white males.

That's pretty much the gist of it. Since constitutionally they can't take guns, they want to make every american get a psych eval, and if they suspect you may run amok, they want you to be too addled by dope to pull it off.

The problem is it throws the whole "innocent until proven guilty" thing and "right to remain silent" stuff right out the window, because they're calling it a medical treatment for a disease. The legal groundwork for this has been laid by criminal defendants using psych evals to prove lack of culpability.

So many people have played the 'tard card in criminal proceedings that they want to use the mental health system as a crime prevention tool.

BBS Signature

Response to You cant trust your primary care Dr 2017-06-21 22:48:18

At 6/21/17 05:22 PM, FUNKbrs wrote: shit about utter paranoia, and then, wrote
Come at me, bro.

You're clearly on some kind of jag here.

This is the second medically related thread.

Do you have some problems which aren't being "fixed" the way you want them to be, or are you just taking Chemtrails to a medical point of view.

This thread and the one about mental health, you've expounded about how EVERY GODDAMN PERSON WHO SPENT 4 TO 10 YEARS EARNING A DEGREE is out to commit or kill or addict EVERYONE THEY COME INTO CONTACT WITH.

Of course, nobody's ever landed on the Moon, either, right?

GIVE IT A FUCKING REST!

Threads to remember: Dickneck, Penicorns, SirTom93's School Incident, and EyeLovePoozy's thread about his job.

Response to You cant trust your primary care Dr 2017-06-21 23:28:58

They make drugs that prevent falling into your illness, but that's all. I need meds. I don't care either, because nothing is natural anymore. Chemicals in water, food etc. Poisens and pleasure is all it ever is now.

Response to You cant trust your primary care Dr 2017-06-22 12:26:08

At 6/22/17 12:14 PM, Zornuzkull wrote: hmmmm just when I started seeking mental health treatment...

You probably shouldn't have posted that.

They're monitoring your internet activity.

Uncovering dangerous lifestyle choices

Doctors could Google their patients in order to investigate concordance with advice about treatment and lifestyle changes, including advice about not driving or misusing various drugs. Psychiatrists, in particular, might be interested in discovering whether a patient with psychosis is drinking alcohol heavily or using other substances, which might cause or exacerbate psychotic symptoms.

BBS Signature

Response to You cant trust your primary care Dr 2017-06-22 12:53:09

At 6/22/17 12:31 PM, Zornuzkull wrote:

I don't give a shit if they are watching or not... anything that helps them help me get better is all I care about...

If you've got a positive testimonial about treatment, I'd like to hear it.

Because as a dude who does nothing but bill and watch patients be sold false hope of recovery as a means of stripping them of their wealth for 40 hours a week, I've never seen one.

Ever.

Mental health on my side of the fence is 100% about stripping autonomy from patients to force drug regimens on them to increase revenue.

Are there exceptions?

I've never seen one in 17 years in the industry.

BBS Signature

Response to You cant trust your primary care Dr 2017-06-22 20:23:02

At 6/22/17 12:53 PM, FUNKbrs wrote:
At 6/22/17 12:31 PM, Zornuzkull wrote:

I don't give a shit if they are watching or not... anything that helps them help me get better is all I care about...
If you've got a positive testimonial about treatment, I'd like to hear it.

Because as a dude who does nothing but bill and watch patients be sold false hope of recovery as a means of stripping them of their wealth for 40 hours a week, I've never seen one.

people using customers as means to generating revenue?? in my America?? you don't say

BBS Signature

Response to You cant trust your primary care Dr 2017-06-22 22:51:21

At 6/22/17 01:08 AM, RightTime wrote: This seems like something you would be interested in @SpedMallet

on a scale of one to ten how many malwares does that link contain

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature

Response to You cant trust your primary care Dr 2017-06-23 05:02:59

my doctor already knows i'm crazy so i guess i'm safe from involuntary hospitalization.

Newest track: Savant - Upbeat Melodic Metal - Frontpaged!

BBS Signature

Response to You cant trust your primary care Dr 2017-06-23 16:46:44

At 6/22/17 12:58 PM, Zornuzkull wrote:

ive never taken any medication before and I have never seeked mental health treatment before as far as I'm concerned anything is better than feeling like excrement scraped from boot on a daily basis... I'm inclined to take a leap of faith in this regard if it doesn't work I can always go back to wanting to slit my wrists so... whatever...

But what if you're not clinically depressed, but just having a reasonable reaction to a bad life situation which therapy and medication probably won't be able to change in a healthy person?

Also, wrist slitting rarely effective because very few attempters using a "painless" method do enough damage to the vein that it can't be repaired after discovery, or that they bleed all the way out before being discovered. Serious auto exsanguinators go for the veins at the crook of the arm, or even better, the femoral artery in the upper thigh/crotch. It normally requires multible cuts at multiple sites to prevent surgical repair

At 6/23/17 05:02 AM, Ultramartyr wrote: my doctor already knows i'm crazy so i guess i'm safe from involuntary hospitalization.

In the same way consent makes you impervious to rape.

BBS Signature

Response to You cant trust your primary care Dr 2017-06-23 19:54:31

At 6/23/17 04:46 PM, FUNKbrs wrote: In the same way consent makes you impervious to rape.

if you consent to a rape, the rapist will still do his thing. my point was that if my doctor hasn't locked me away by now, she isn't going to.

BBS Signature

Response to You cant trust your primary care Dr 2017-06-23 23:55:27

At 6/23/17 07:54 PM, Ultramartyr wrote:
if you consent to a rape, the rapist will still do his thing. my point was that if my doctor hasn't locked me away by now, she isn't going to.

If you consent to treatment, the doctor will still do her thing. Just because your doctor hasn't locked you up yet doesn't mean it won't happen anymore than acquiescing to an abuser during a physical altercation will stop them from raping or killing you later.

In fact, your doctor may just be waiting long enough to get the documentation she needs to justify charging you for an extended stay. If this is the case, you will not be warned beforehand in order to reduce your ability to defend yourself against what is basically a kidnapping.

BBS Signature

Response to You cant trust your primary care Dr 2017-06-24 02:14:54

At 6/23/17 11:55 PM, FUNKbrs wrote: If you consent to treatment, the doctor will still do her thing. Just because your doctor hasn't locked you up yet doesn't mean it won't happen anymore than acquiescing to an abuser during a physical altercation will stop them from raping or killing you later.

In fact, your doctor may just be waiting long enough to get the documentation she needs to justify charging you for an extended stay. If this is the case, you will not be warned beforehand in order to reduce your ability to defend yourself against what is basically a kidnapping.

something tells me it doesn't take 10 years to get the necessary paperwork to put me in the behavioral health ward of a hospital. but i'll wear my tinfoil hat, just in case.

BBS Signature

Response to You cant trust your primary care Dr 2017-06-24 06:48:06

At 6/24/17 02:14 AM, Ultramartyr wrote:
something tells me it doesn't take 10 years to get the necessary paperwork to put me in the behavioral health ward of a hospital. but i'll wear my tinfoil hat, just in case.

One of the most common reasons for involuntary admission on a long term basis is Alzheimer's. Suicide risk is quite high among the elderly.

Oh, and no tinfoil hat can save you.

BBS Signature

Response to You cant trust your primary care Dr 2017-06-24 12:46:45

At 6/24/17 11:20 AM, Zornuzkull wrote:
At 6/23/17 04:46 PM, FUNKbrs wrote: But what if you're not clinically depressed, but just having a reasonable reaction to a bad life situation which therapy and medication probably won't be able to change in a healthy person?
only one way to find out...

You're right. You have to change your life situation first, only then will you have the control case from which to conduct your experiment. Or you could just decide drug addiction is a way more manageable problem than whatever it is you're really facing.

horizontal for attention lengthways for results... I already know this shit...
and I appreciate the suicide tips... I hope they come from personal experience...

Wrist cutting is classified as "Non-Suicidal Self-Injury" and they'll still lock you up for it. Maybe part of your problem is that you watch too much tv, and have unrealistic ideas about how life works.

BBS Signature

Response to You cant trust your primary care Dr 2017-06-24 14:11:23

At 6/24/17 12:55 PM, Zornuzkull wrote:

the day I take advice on my mental health from a random individual on the internet rather than a payed professional is the day I truly will have lost my fucking mind...

And yet here we are. Take the blue pill, and you can go to your doctor to get more blue pills, which won't solve any of your problems, but you'll be too high to notice. Take the red pill, and... there is no red pill. Nope, life actually does suck and you're having a reasonable reaction to growing up and realizing nobody gets to be an astronaut in real life, just on TV.

I know that hanging yourself so well they have to take down part of the ceiling is something id rather avoid...
ive seen enough to know that sometimes folk do need help and they shouldn't be ashamed/afraid to ask for it...
id say you are part of the problem rather than the solution tbh...

I don't know, I watched Jared Mclemore soak himself in kerosene and come running after people in the bar I was in while he was on fire, from which he later died, and had to watch it get spammed all over the internet, from which I probably can't ever talk to a doctor about even though I have a thousand mile stare and dissociate randomly now.

I know Jared got treatment many times before this happened. It sure as fuck seemed to make him worse, and not better at all. Would he still be alive if he hadn't been forced into treatment? In my mind, 100% true.

Also my grandfather blew his head off. And my aunt intentionally drank herself to death.

But yeah, I have no idea what I'm talking about and my opinion on suicide is just me trying to be "edgy".

From what I've seen in the actual medical records, getting a 5k medical bill for an inpatient hospitalization is what happens when some sucker falls for the old "How are you feeling?" question in a primary care setting.

When they call the office screaming about their bill that they can't pay for because they lost their job while they were in the hospital and are addicted to drugs now, it doesn't seem like an effective treatment.

Knowing there is a treatment is a placebo effect designed to calm people who aren't ill. There actually isn't any effective treatment other than sedation, which basically just makes you an easily controllable drug addict and doesn't really solve your problem.

BBS Signature

Response to You cant trust your primary care Dr 2017-06-24 14:47:38

At 6/24/17 02:18 PM, Zornuzkull wrote:
I don't suffer from sexual dysfunction or an immediate need to be force fed right wing ideology...
stick your pills up your ass...

Speaking of drug addicts wanting to shove pills up asses....

wow America really is a shit hole... glad I don't live there...
no easily available firearms or 5k medical bills... ill take my chances with the professionals thanks...

Feel free to start linking me to those positive outcome testimonials any time. I've never seen one, but sure, they exist.

BBS Signature