00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MisterBig67425 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Flinthook Art Winners

19,093 Views | 35 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Yesterday was the deadline for our Flinthook Art Contest, celebrating the launch of Flinthook on consoles and Steam!

Flinthook creators Tribute Games have looked over your Flinthook entries and selected ten winners.

Top three are each receiving Deluxe Edition Steam keys:

The next seven are receiving Standard Edition Steam keys:

@JohnnyUtah already has Flinthook so he's gifting his key to his favorite runner-up:

Here's a word from JF Major at Tribute Games:

"First off, thanks to everyone who took a stab at Flinthook art. It was not easy to choose from all this amazing art. (that shirtless Captain Flinthook. Wow!)

This is truly an honor as I grew up playing Pico, Dad n Me, Alien Hominid to name a few. I would constantly refresh Newgrounds to see what ever crazy cinematic or game the community would share. Newgrounds has always fostered creativity.

So when Tom asked me if I wanted to run a contest, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to see what everyone would come up with. Not disappointed."

Thank you everyone who entered and congrats to the winners! I like events like this because they bring exposure to independent games while also introducing NG artists to the teams at up-and-coming studios. Expect another indie game art contest soon!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Flinthook Art Winners 2017-05-04 15:41:27 (edited 2017-05-04 15:41:46)

So much talent, and so many amazing pieces of work! Congratulations to the winners, time for me to go pick up a copy :P

In B4 Luis

A journey of a thousand miles begins with complaining

Response to Flinthook Art Winners 2017-05-04 15:44:44 (edited 2017-05-04 15:56:29)

Congrats to all of the winners! And thanks @JohnnyUtah!!! Means a lot to me!!

<3

"People could care less about you, what people really care about though, is the image of you. The idea of you."

Response to Flinthook Art Winners 2017-05-04 15:47:13

Awesome stuff! Congrats to the winners!

Response to Flinthook Art Winners 2017-05-04 15:50:57

Congrats to the winners! That's quite a bunch of great art.

BBS Signature

Response to Flinthook Art Winners 2017-05-04 15:52:34

Lots of good pieces in this; grats to the winners!

Response to Flinthook Art Winners 2017-05-04 16:10:39

Congrats to the winners, though I'm surprised... I didn't make to the top 10. So, I can't say I agree with all the chosen submissions.

More of my art stuff: LINK

Response to Flinthook Art Winners 2017-05-04 16:26:14

At 5/4/17 04:10 PM, ionrayner wrote: Congrats to the winners, though I'm surprised... I didn't make to the top 10. So, I can't say I agree with all the chosen submissions.

Sigh, the luck of the draw I guess.

Response to Flinthook Art Winners 2017-05-04 16:28:30

No such thing as luck.

Response to Flinthook Art Winners 2017-05-04 16:30:50

At 5/4/17 04:28 PM, ionrayner wrote: No such thing as luck.

You know, you could reply to me.
Anyway, salt aside, even ScepterDPinoy didn't make it. You know you're buggered if even he didn't make top 10.

Response to Flinthook Art Winners 2017-05-04 16:36:56

At 5/4/17 04:30 PM, Troisnyx wrote:
At 5/4/17 04:28 PM, ionrayner wrote: No such thing as luck.
You know, you could reply to me.
Anyway, salt aside, even ScepterDPinoy didn't make it. You know you're buggered if even he didn't make top 10.

That is true.

Response to Flinthook Art Winners 2017-05-04 16:43:55

Wow that's great thanks guys! Also congratulations to all the other artist as well, you're all awesome and super talented!

Response to Flinthook Art Winners 2017-05-04 16:45:15

congrats to all the winners.

Response to Flinthook Art Winners 2017-05-04 17:06:45

Flinthook is legit some of the most fun I've had with a roguelike in ages. The difficulty can get kind of ridiculous with the hard to see spikes but other than that it has the smoothest movement, one of the most satisfying guns, and the best damn pixel art I ever did see.

Also, that intro. Damn. If any of you haven't seen it yet, you guys gotta check out the cartoon network-style intro they did for this game.

Flinthook TV show when?

Click the Squid -> 🦑

Response to Flinthook Art Winners 2017-05-04 17:13:44

At 5/4/17 04:43 PM, mgod19 wrote: Wow that's great thanks guys! Also congratulations to all the other artist as well, you're all awesome and super talented!

Oh, I wish. Most people just do fuck all about my art anyway, so I'm pretty sure at least a few of us are feeling a similar sort of exasperation. So don't call me, or us for that matter, awesome or super talented because quite frankly, we're not.

/rant

Response to Flinthook Art Winners 2017-05-04 18:29:40

Congrats to all the winners!

sicko mode

BBS Signature

Response to Flinthook Art Winners 2017-05-04 18:50:33

Congrats to all the winners! I hope everyone will make some cool fan art for an indie game contest in the future.

Response to Flinthook Art Winners 2017-05-04 20:58:13

At 5/4/17 05:13 PM, Troisnyx wrote: So don't call me, or us for that matter, awesome or super talented because quite frankly, we're not.

Too late I already did.

Response to Flinthook Art Winners 2017-05-04 21:02:42

At 5/4/17 08:58 PM, mgod19 wrote:
At 5/4/17 05:13 PM, Troisnyx wrote: So don't call me, or us for that matter, awesome or super talented because quite frankly, we're not.
Too late I already did.

Well, then. It rings hollow to me and at least a few others among us. Maybe you don't intend it, but it does ring hollow.

Response to Flinthook Art Winners 2017-05-04 21:05:03

I'm not a great artist, I only join the contest cause there were only like 6 art at the time. So I thought, ay why not. Lol. Even later I thought my crap would be 9th or 10th then more badass art came and i'm like dammit. Gg, awesome work guys. Your art skills was not worth the game C:<

Response to Flinthook Art Winners 2017-05-04 21:09:52

At 5/4/17 09:02 PM, Troisnyx wrote:
Too late I already did.
Well, then. It rings hollow to me and at least a few others among us. Maybe you don't intend it, but it does ring hollow.

You were one of the first few I saw uploaded. your gun looked like a megaphone lol but it's an awesome art. To be fair you are talented it's just hard to choose when you got a lot of people who also has talent

Response to Flinthook Art Winners 2017-05-04 21:11:15

At 5/4/17 09:02 PM, Troisnyx wrote: Well, then. It rings hollow to me and at least a few others among us. Maybe you don't intend it, but it does ring hollow.

I certainly don't intend it and wouldn't have bothered saying it if i didn't mean it. Best of luck to you in your future endeavors.

Response to Flinthook Art Winners 2017-05-04 21:13:45

At 5/4/17 09:09 PM, RareKirby wrote:
At 5/4/17 09:02 PM, Troisnyx wrote:
Too late I already did.
You were one of the first few I saw uploaded. your gun looked like a megaphone lol but it's an awesome art. To be fair you are talented it's just hard to choose when you got a lot of people who also has talent

It just feels like a massive fucking copout when you are one of the people who gets fucking ignored all the time in contests, collaborations or anything. I'm going to do one last hurrah, maybe, and that's probably gonna be it.

Though I acknowledge your intentions also, @mgod19, and thank you. The luck I have is fast running out, if I had any in the first place. Just one more......

Response to Flinthook Art Winners 2017-05-04 21:15:08

Wooooo thanks everyone!

At 5/4/17 09:05 PM, RareKirby wrote: I'm not a great artist, I only join the contest cause there were only like 6 art at the time. So I thought, ay why not. Lol. Even later I thought my crap would be 9th or 10th then more badass art came and i'm like dammit. Gg, awesome work guys. Your art skills was not worth the game C:<

You underestimate how much I wanted the game ;)

Response to Flinthook Art Winners 2017-05-04 21:15:25

At 5/4/17 09:09 PM, RareKirby wrote: You were one of the first few I saw uploaded. your gun looked like a megaphone lol but it's an awesome art. To be fair you are talented it's just hard to choose when you got a lot of people who also has talent

Thank you! The contest helped me discover some new great artists so I hope to see more from you all in the future.

Response to Flinthook Art Winners 2017-05-04 21:31:30

At 5/4/17 09:13 PM, Troisnyx wrote: It just feels like a massive fucking copout when you are one of the people who gets fucking ignored all the time in contests, collaborations or anything. I'm going to do one last hurrah, maybe, and that's probably gonna be it.

Though I acknowledge your intentions also, @mgod19, and thank you. The luck I have is fast running out, if I had any in the first place. Just one more......

I understand the feeling, i know how it feels to never feel like you can catch a break, even though you my try your hardest. Hell, i've been getting turned down for art jobs all year. But I don't want to give up yet, and I think you shouldn't either. But ultimately that decision is yours to make, and I can only wish you the best no matter what it may be.

Response to Flinthook Art Winners 2017-05-04 21:54:41

I understand the feeling, i know how it feels to never feel like you can catch a break, even though you my try your hardest. Hell, i've been getting turned down for art jobs all year. But I don't want to give up yet, and I think you shouldn't either. But ultimately that decision is yours to make, and I can only wish you the best no matter what it may be.

Your art looks top 10 material. But it's like i said hard to choose when a lot of talented people are around. Eh i'll just stick to animating.

Someone scout my art please <3

Flinthook Art Winners

Response to Flinthook Art Winners 2017-05-04 23:24:34

At 5/4/17 09:54 PM, RareKirby wrote: Your art looks top 10 material. But it's like i said hard to choose when a lot of talented people are around. Eh i'll just stick to animating.

Someone scout my art please <3

Done.

It's possibly the only favour I can do right about now, scouting people who can do a hella good job.

Response to Flinthook Art Winners 2017-05-05 09:35:54

Great work everyone. I want to kill all the winners and absorb their art powers and become the ultimate creative guy.

also first post.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Flinthook Art Winners 2017-05-05 11:57:02

At 5/5/17 12:00 AM, watertemplefml wrote: ahh, i wanted to be a part of this so badly...

What is stopping you?