00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MadManOnMeds just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Rough 2d animations for a game

307 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Rough 2d animations for a game 2017-04-04 13:09:02

Hey everyone. Ive been busy with multiple projects and was wondering how these animations look so far. Any critique would be helpful, I plan on finishing up on everything within a few months.

http://imgur.com/a/erGvv

http://imgur.com/a/u4qFC

Response to Rough 2d animations for a game 2017-04-04 14:28:36

The character does look solid so I'll give you that.

The first test doesn't seem right. Her movement doesn't seem to be natural for a neutral, standing pose. Just put yourself in her shoes for a bit; would you be standing there moving like that with an axe? It might be uncomfortable if you keep moving like that.

You might have to record yourself with a prop along with a couple of takes in order to pick out which would be best to use as a guiding reference for your test.

The second test does seem promising. Yes, it is only a key-pose test, but the gesture of some keys could be stronger. For instance, if she raises her axe, bend her back a bit more because her torso is still stiff. Same thing with the pose when she slams her axe down; bend her back forward more and maybe bend her knees more. It is a heavy axe after all, and right now it looks like it is weightless.

At 4/4/17 02:28 PM, ValterValyun wrote: The character does look solid so I'll give you that.

The first test doesn't seem right. Her movement doesn't seem to be natural for a neutral, standing pose. Just put yourself in her shoes for a bit; would you be standing there moving like that with an axe? It might be uncomfortable if you keep moving like that.

You might have to record yourself with a prop along with a couple of takes in order to pick out which would be best to use as a guiding reference for your test.

The second test does seem promising. Yes, it is only a key-pose test, but the gesture of some keys could be stronger. For instance, if she raises her axe, bend her back a bit more because her torso is still stiff. Same thing with the pose when she slams her axe down; bend her back forward more and maybe bend her knees more. It is a heavy axe after all, and right now it looks like it is weightless.

Thank you so much for this! Such in depth analysis. It realy means alot esp coming from you. I noticed you critiqued my other animation as well and your one of the motivations for me wanting to improve. Unfortunetly im going to a boot camp which will take two months before I can work on animations again, but once its over I plan on resuming my progress and keeping these critiques in mind.
It would be awesome if you could to continue monitoring my progress. Really want to impress you, lol.