00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Someone gifted LucidShadowDreamer supporter status!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Unpopular gaming opinions

2,328 Views | 49 Replies

Unpopular gaming opinions 2017-02-20 00:35:04

The Legend of Zelda games aren't that great and they're mostly overhyped due to people being unable to overcome their rose-tinted nostalgia goggles.

Burnout 3 is probably the worst in the series, maybe second only to the original. The field of view sucks, the motion blur literally makes your eyes bleed, and their slow-mo effect that causes you to lose control of your car while the race still goes on in the background makes the game unplayable

BBS Signature

Response to Unpopular gaming opinions 2017-02-20 00:46:13

overwatch is not that good an imho i feel like the lesbo character trait was shoe horned in for the sake of having it in,

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Unpopular gaming opinions 2017-02-20 00:47:07

Majora's Mask is the best Zelda game and Skyward Sword sucks.

BBS Signature

Response to Unpopular gaming opinions 2017-02-20 02:23:09

At 2/20/17 12:35 AM, raving2thegrave wrote: The Legend of Zelda games aren't that great and they're mostly overhyped due to people being unable to overcome their rose-tinted nostalgia goggles.

Before I even opened this thread I was planning on writing exactly what you just said

I just picked up the twilight princess from my local game store and my god it sucks I couldn't even play 45 minutes of it without putting it down and never wanting to play it again

Apple is a communist dynasty that is trying to take the world down in flames under its oppressive boot. Samsung will surge the universe into glory #androidnation

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Unpopular gaming opinions 2017-02-20 04:09:39

Kingdom Hearts 2 really sucks.
The story is cheesy, and there are so many legit sins in it that you would need lots of wood filler to fill up the many plot holes therein.

The battle system sucks balls. Reaction Commands were a great idea but they were broken in many of the battles. Some of them involved spamming the Triangle button, or acting on a 1/100th of a second timeframe like Dragon's Lair.

The final boss HAS to be done at level 75 or else you are fucked beyond any hope of salvation. Even doing it at level 99 will kill you.

And worst of all, they got rid of the skill system in KH1 and that would become precedent for the other games!

Fuck this game. Inb4 KHtards start calling me out because their favourite game got ripped to shreds.

Response to Unpopular gaming opinions 2017-02-20 04:40:21

Dark Souls 2 really isn't all that bad and does a few things that I really like and wish were kept in Dark Souls 3.

I scream! You scream! We all scream for ice cream!

Response to Unpopular gaming opinions 2017-02-20 07:41:38

At 2/20/17 12:46 AM, kazumazkan wrote: overwatch is not that good an imho i feel like the lesbo character trait was shoe horned in for the sake of having it in,

Wait, they actually did that? I thought that was just a rumor made by fans.

Response to Unpopular gaming opinions 2017-02-20 11:58:34

Dead space 3 is a huge pile of shit, it was fun until I got to the part where enemies are literally unkillable, also the mehcanichs suck balls.

Response to Unpopular gaming opinions 2017-02-20 12:06:01

At 2/20/17 12:46 AM, kazumazkan wrote: overwatch is not that good an imho i feel like the lesbo character trait was shoe horned in for the sake of having it in,

Who was lesbian?

Response to Unpopular gaming opinions 2017-02-20 12:06:29

Video games are an opiate for the masses, just as bad if not worse than religion or drugs.

People who engage in anything other that light gaming are self destructive degenerates with no human value and even less self worth.

The moments of your life are extremely precious, and every second you waste playing video games is a step towards suicide just as much as smoking a cigarette.

Video games are for people who just want to practice dying over and over again because they don't have the will to kill themselves.

This is a song about death. It's on mandolin.

Hate is the first step to all solutions.

You will not end bigotry until you learn to hate it.

BBS Signature

Response to Unpopular gaming opinions 2017-02-20 12:08:47

The Dark Souls series is nothing more than Game of Thrones if put in a nigh-apocalypse fantasy setting.
Spec Ops: The Line is a bland game that has poorly handled morals about war and violence, and COD4 beat them to the punch by 7 years.
Batman Arkham Knight is the second best Batman videogame ever, and anyone who disagrees are either dumb or jealous.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Unpopular gaming opinions 2017-02-20 13:47:32

Duke nukem forever is worse than 3D, but it's still a pretty okay game.

It's not bad, it's just okay.

I'm Del Rio

I like to draw comics and stuff

My Art Thread

Response to Unpopular gaming opinions 2017-02-20 14:51:49

At 2/20/17 12:06 PM, NightRaid-NG wrote:
Who was lesbian?

Tracer.

And another thing. Aeris dying in Final Fantasy VII didn't make me cry with tears of pity or feel sorry for everyone. It made me mad, because I've used Aeris up to that point, only to have all my time grinding with her wasted when Sephiroth offed her permanently. Legend of Dragoon pulled a similar stunt with its white mage and lance-user (the former dying and the latter leaving the party), but thankfully, I wasn't using those characters and they were replaced by similar characters anyway (though I'm not sure if they kept whatever level the previous one was).

I scream! You scream! We all scream for ice cream!

Response to Unpopular gaming opinions 2017-02-20 14:53:14

At 2/20/17 11:58 AM, darksense wrote: Dead space 3 is a huge pile of shit, it was fun until I got to the part where enemies are literally unkillable, also the mehcanichs suck balls.

everyone and their dogs knew this.

DS3 turns into a shitty future shooter instead of a survival space horror.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to Unpopular gaming opinions 2017-02-20 14:53:58

Soldier is easily the most unbalanced class in Team Fortress 2. He has the second highest health in the game (200hp), potentially the greatest mobility (rocket jumping), splash damage that makes up for sloppy aim, three self healing weapons (each having separate equip regions), and I think a few more things I can't think of right now.

The Borderlands franchise has a few enemy types that are extremely poorly designed and just plain not fun to play against (Rabid enemies, Suicidal enemies, Enemies that's corpses explode apon death, etc...).

I find NPC dialog in Undertale to be too long and boring. I realize Toby wanted to tell a story through character dialog and some observations, but I feel like he could've told it a lot quicker and simpler so I didn't have to read seven full paragraphs of dialog from several NPCs just to understand a story as fairly simple as "Humans and Monsters fought in war. The Humans won and the Monsters got locked away underground."

"It's called consolidation; strengthen governments and corporations, weaken individuals."

I also draw stuff. Here's some of it.

BBS Signature

Response to Unpopular gaming opinions 2017-02-20 15:19:49

Halo 2 Campaign. IMO only the online was ok. But moderated Xbox's fucking up my rank pissed me off.

Response to Unpopular gaming opinions 2017-02-20 16:16:06

Resident Evil 4 might have well been called "Call of Duty: Cum Eaters Paradise".

Garbage game.

Response to Unpopular gaming opinions 2017-02-20 18:59:57

At 2/20/17 02:51 PM, icecreammac wrote:
At 2/20/17 12:06 PM, NightRaid-NG wrote:
Who was lesbian?
Tracer.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IM LOOKING UP SOME BRITISH BOOTY TONIGHT!!!!

Response to Unpopular gaming opinions 2017-02-20 21:04:25

The combat system is Assassins Creed 2 is fucking terrible and brings down the entire game experience

BBS Signature

Response to Unpopular gaming opinions 2017-02-20 23:11:41

Sonic and the Black Knight was a semi-decent game, and the demon negotiation system in Persona 1 and 2 was absolutely terrible.

Response to Unpopular gaming opinions 2017-02-20 23:58:07

At 2/20/17 09:04 PM, SpectreNeon wrote: The combat system is Assassins Creed 2 is fucking terrible and brings down the entire game experience

All Assassins Creed games are recycled trash. The gameplay is weak and the story is weak.

I've never played Mass Effect, but the fanbase makes me sick and the game looks gay as fuck.

League of Legends is pure trash. But I guess, if I say that, that's because I spend years playing DOTA on Warcraft III and dislike sad, overpopular ripoffs.

Overwatch is overhyped. It's a good game but it's not that great. Too many balance issues. Not enough characters and maps. I know it's a new game, but with all the money Blizzard is milking they could release one new hero every month, and should.

Response to Unpopular gaming opinions 2017-02-21 00:36:33

Casual gaming is better then speed running.

If you are reading this, it means I have posted. Whether or not I am still posting, this has left its mark, for many years to come.

BBS Signature

Response to Unpopular gaming opinions 2017-02-21 00:45:03

Devil may cry is boring.
Mtg battlegrounds is really fun.
I like making beatmaps for but don't like playing osu.

BBS Signature

Response to Unpopular gaming opinions 2017-04-24 14:12:17

At 2/20/17 07:06 PM, skippuh wrote: Unpopular opinion: my taste is far superior to everyone else's

that's MY opinion, and it's very popular thank you very much

BBS Signature

Response to Unpopular gaming opinions 2017-04-24 15:37:02

Games don't work these days.

Response to Unpopular gaming opinions 2017-04-24 16:26:35

I enjoy games

Response to Unpopular gaming opinions 2017-04-24 17:09:44

The Call of Duty series is a terrible franchise played by wannabe soldier retards who will never accomplish anything in their sad, pathetic lives. "Look at me! Bang! Bang! Notice me! Bang! Bang!" Get fucked, losers.

The only people that actually enjoy the terribly designed Grand Theft Auto games are kid touchers.

Sonic the Hedgehog is worst video game character in video game history. Voodoo Vince was a better character for fuck's sake.

Response to Unpopular gaming opinions 2017-04-25 10:18:26

-The PS Vita isn't a bad handheld. It just got screwed over bigtime by Sony.
-Nintendo's best consoles were the Gamecube and SNES. Every other Nintendo console has been greatly outclassed by the competition.
-The only advantage SNES has over Genesis is the controller and a soundchip that doesn't sound like a guy farting into a microphone.
-Sly 3 and Jak 2 are the weakest games in their respective series (J&D's spinoffs withheld)
-Crash Twinsanity has the best redesign of Crash. Also Twinsanity is the best Crash game outside of the original trilogy. Not that it has much competition.
-I have low hopes for the N-Sane trilogy. It looks like one of those hyper-realistic Unreal Engine fanmade tech demos.
-Collectathons are my least favorite kind of platformer. The only reason I'm nice to DK64 and Rocket: Robot on Wheels is because I grew up playing them.
-FFIV, FFVI, FFIX, FFX are the best FFs. I never played FFXI or FFXIV but I hate MMOs so I'd probably hate those too.
-Roguelikes, random/procedural generated levels, and permadeath are all the antitheses of good game design; They're just lazy ways for devs to get out of making a fair challenge.
-I naturally assume anything open-world is going to be an aimless scavenger hunt; and all quests will consist of either taking care of an NPC's shopping list or going to a rendezvous point and killing a small mob of enemies.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Unpopular gaming opinions 2017-04-25 12:32:24

MGS 2 is on par with with MGS 3 also MGS 1 kind of sucks.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to Unpopular gaming opinions 2017-04-25 12:39:54

Hey You, Pikachu! is actually a good game. People simply don't have the patience to just kick back and chill with Pikachu.