00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Part-time jobs are fucking stupid

1,747 Views | 30 Replies

I'm right about to graduate college and I've been through at least 6 different part-time jobs and they were all garbage.

I get it, that's the essence of capitalism, providing menial jobs for people without education or work experience to make a little extra money on the side while you progress toward a better position, but they all require you to be a good little slave boy and basically suck dick for hours on end

My last two jobs were at two big corporate chain restaurants, one being a host/runner and the other being a server, and I can tell you they both felt like cancer in malevolent slime monster form was chasing me down the eerie halls of blood manor

apple sucks

Seriously, every hour at these piss parties makes me want to violently remove my testicles and hang them on my rear view mirror and play with them like a cat in front of a hot date

It's always prison time, it's like every time I get scheduled to work it feels like I'm sentenced to do time in Rikers Island prison, confined to hours of endless mindless monotonous slave labor where I'm looked at as just a number with absolutely no intrinsic value or worth.

The worst part about these restaurant jobs - after everything - the fucking birthday song. After spending 10+ hours running back and forth like a jew building a pyramid and about to kill myself in a very violent way, I have to fucking act like Elmo to some spoiled 7 year old cunt and sing happy birthday to her with my other spineless coworkers in front of their stupid fucking family. Fuck you. I spent my entire 21st birthday in my room playing with my god damn cat. If these fuckers were on fire I wouldn't shoot a squirt of piss to take them out

What blows me away more than anything about every one of these jobs is how seriously my coworkers take it. Like, holy shit, the fact that you even somewhat enjoy this is enough of a reason to drown a really innocent baby in a fish tank. How on earth do you not want a better job, I would rather have a really big horse ramped up on amphetamines and espresso uncontrollably stomp on my dick and then masturbate to pictures of Rosie O'Donnell for the rest of my life than be confined to that job until my death

Bosses are fucking retarded too. They're all high school dropouts that probably sucked so much dick and went to jail in their twenties that they have no other choice but to manage 17 year old kids for the rest of their lives, so they take out their aggression and unhappiness on me by belittling me and abusing their "power." Honestly, if I went into a bar at the end of the night in my 30s and told a chick that I was a first line manager at a corporate chain restaurant I would be so embarrassed I would leave, and if I was the chick I would laugh so fucking hard I would probably fuck a dog instead

I'm done having part time jobs for now, I might be losing out on a lot of money but at least I'll hopefully gather my some of my sanity, or whatever is left of it. Thank god homelessness is an option, because there's literally no point to life waking up every day to work at these cancer circuses

Apple is a communist dynasty that is trying to take the world down in flames under its oppressive boot. Samsung will surge the universe into glory #androidnation

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Part-time jobs are fucking stupid 2017-02-17 11:59:30

At 2/17/17 11:45 AM, Piemix wrote: fucking act like Elmo to some spoiled 7 year old cunt

Justifies the existence of this thread.

This is a song about death. It's on mandolin.

Hate is the first step to all solutions.

You will not end bigotry until you learn to hate it.

BBS Signature

Response to Part-time jobs are fucking stupid 2017-02-17 12:05:56

At 2/17/17 11:48 AM, yurgenburgen wrote:
At 2/17/17 11:45 AM, Piemix wrote: Like, holy shit, the fact that you even somewhat enjoy this is enough of a reason to drown a really innocent baby in a fish tank.
those people are happier than you

Happiness with unfortunate and nonsensical circumstances is an indicator of tremendously low intelligence

Apple is a communist dynasty that is trying to take the world down in flames under its oppressive boot. Samsung will surge the universe into glory #androidnation

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Part-time jobs are fucking stupid 2017-02-17 12:22:02

Then get a scholarship (or another sort of funding).

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to Part-time jobs are fucking stupid 2017-02-17 12:25:55

No you

Response to Part-time jobs are fucking stupid 2017-02-17 12:43:25

At 2/17/17 12:22 PM, satanbrain wrote: Then get a scholarship (or another sort of funding).

My school will give out scholarships when hell freezes over, the tuition is so low that they claim they have absolutely no money to give me even though I have a 4.0 GPA

Apparently I have to be a disabled African American frog alien helicopter from Uzbekistan with a salary of $7,000 to be eligible for a scholarship of $50

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Part-time jobs are fucking stupid 2017-02-17 12:53:30

So, I get it. Your part time jobs sucked. I suspect that this is a result of being in the food service industry more than anything. There are plenty of part time jobs that people actually enjoy. For example, I once worked in a warehouse loading and unloading trucks. Didn't have to deal with people, never had to sing happy birthday to kiddos, and my boss left me alone for the most part.

If you ever find yourself in need of working part time again, try a different industry.

Those who do not learn from the mistakes of their past are doomed to repeat them.

Response to Part-time jobs are fucking stupid 2017-02-17 14:26:37

At 2/17/17 12:05 PM, Piemix wrote:
Happiness with unfortunate and nonsensical circumstances is an indicator of tremendously low intelligence

Happiness is a state of mind, not necessarily because of ignorance but because of many different reasons.
Just because you can't achieve that, doesn't mean that others are automatically low intelligence.

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to Part-time jobs are fucking stupid 2017-02-17 14:56:09

At 2/17/17 02:21 PM, yurgenburgen wrote: if you're smarter than them why are you all at the same job

I'm trying to get through college fuckface, these failed abortions couldn't get through a single class that I'm taking if they tried

At 2/17/17 02:26 PM, Oddlem wrote: Happiness is a state of mind, not necessarily because of ignorance but because of many different reasons.
Just because you can't achieve that, doesn't mean that others are automatically low intelligence.

I would venture to say that most people don't crave thinking and have very simple thought processes, I can't imagine anyone intelligent subjecting themselves to such mindless labor and completely turning their brain off for hours on end and enjoying it. They don't walk in anywhere and think abstractly about things, any normally smart person would realize that these bullshit part time jobs just turn you into a robot. Have you ever seen a depressed retard? No, and chances are you won't, even though they have every reason in the world to be depressed they'll be happy as shit because they're fucking retarded

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Part-time jobs are fucking stupid 2017-02-17 17:39:08

At 2/17/17 11:45 AM, Piemix wrote: What blows me away more than anything about every one of these jobs is how seriously my coworkers take it. Like, holy shit, the fact that you even somewhat enjoy this is enough of a reason to drown a really innocent baby in a fish tank. How on earth do you not want a better job, I would rather have a really big horse ramped up on amphetamines and espresso uncontrollably stomp on my dick and then masturbate to pictures of Rosie O'Donnell for the rest of my life than be confined to that job until my death

How miserable of a human being do you have to be to find faults in people for simply enjoying what they do? Maybe they secretly hate the job, maybe the actually enjoy it, but either case is irrelevant. If you're going to be working a job, you may as well enjoy it or at least find positive thing to say about the work.

I understand the need to vent your problems, but you're making issues out of non-issues. I used to work in the food business. I didn't enjoy it because I felt like I was in a terrible socioeconomic position, but at the same time, I kinda liked it.

BBS Signature

Response to Part-time jobs are fucking stupid 2017-02-17 20:07:12

At 2/17/17 12:43 PM, Piemix wrote:
At 2/17/17 12:22 PM, satanbrain wrote: Then get a scholarship (or another sort of funding).
My school will give out scholarships when hell freezes over, the tuition is so low that they claim they have absolutely no money to give me even though I have a 4.0 GPA

Apparently I have to be a disabled African American frog alien helicopter from Uzbekistan with a salary of $7,000 to be eligible for a scholarship of $50

I am happy not to be an american. A salary of 7000$ will fund two full academic years plus dorms in here.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to Part-time jobs are fucking stupid 2017-02-17 21:32:33

At 2/17/17 04:49 PM, yurgenburgen wrote:
At 2/17/17 02:56 PM, Piemix wrote: I'm trying to get through college fuckface
you're being hostile towards me, someone who has never done anything wrong to you
but we both know that really you are just angry at yourself

I'm angry at the general population of people who seem to lack every bit of common sense in the world, just like yourself you fuckin retard

these failed abortions couldn't get through a single class that I'm taking if they tried
but they're capable of handling some fairly basic and menial work, which you aren't
weird

Who said I couldn't handle it you shitbrain? I have way more interests and capabilities I'd like to exploit rather than running a fucking plate of food to a table. I'm almost sure a fuckin lemur is capable of that. I never claimed to be unable to do it, I just fuckin hate it. You seriously can't be this retarded, do you even understand what I'm trying to tell you?

At 2/17/17 05:39 PM, Monstie64 wrote: How miserable of a human being do you have to be to find faults in people for simply enjoying what they do? Maybe they secretly hate the job, maybe the actually enjoy it, but either case is irrelevant. If you're going to be working a job, you may as well enjoy it or at least find positive thing to say about the work.

By your logic, it's unfair to find faults in people who jump off roofs for simply enjoying what they do. They choose to do it and they fucking like it. And it's confusing as holy hell. They're the reason that these corporations never even try to progress in employee relations, fucking cocksuckers

I understand the need to vent your problems, but you're making issues out of non-issues. I used to work in the food business. I didn't enjoy it because I felt like I was in a terrible socioeconomic position, but at the same time, I kinda liked it.

You must have a brain the size of a fucking pea, I've worked with people like you my entire adult life and you're the reason that I come into work wanting to blow my fucking brains out every day because you're screaming at me to clean up a fucking chip on the floor, I hope you experience an extremely tragic fall while going down the stairs or some shit

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Part-time jobs are fucking stupid 2017-02-17 21:34:58

You deal with idiots in any job you're going to get in the next 5 years.

BBS Signature

Response to Part-time jobs are fucking stupid 2017-02-17 21:46:25

At 2/17/17 09:32 PM, Piemix wrote: By your logic, it's unfair to find faults in people who jump off roofs for simply enjoying what they do. They choose to do it and they fucking like it. And it's confusing as holy hell. They're the reason that these corporations never even try to progress in employee relations, fucking cocksuckers

Okay, pal, let's get one thing straight here: As long as you're not harming anything or anyone but yourself, you're free to do whatever the fuck you want.

Once again, you're a miserable person and I recommend psychiatric treatment for your utter contempt for people being happy with their lives.

Just because your life sucks, doesn't mean everyone else has to be dragged down to your level.

Don't like your job? Go to college, get education/skills for a job you WANT to do, and go from there.

You must have a brain the size of a fucking pea, I've worked with people like you my entire adult life and you're the reason that I come into work wanting to blow my fucking brains out every day because you're screaming at me to clean up a fucking chip on the floor, I hope you experience an extremely tragic fall while going down the stairs or some shit

All I have to say to this is-

BBS Signature

Response to Part-time jobs are fucking stupid 2017-02-17 22:44:31

At 2/17/17 10:06 PM, yurgenburgen wrote:
if you're so intelligent why are you getting mad about work while you're not even getting paid
where's the common sense in that

He secretly enjoys how special his suffering makes him, because now that he has no job, making him even lower on the totem pole than he was before.

His former coworkers can now justifiably look down on him.

BBS Signature

At 2/17/17 02:56 PM, Piemix wrote:
I would venture to say that most people don't crave thinking and have very simple thought processes, I can't imagine anyone intelligent subjecting themselves to such mindless labor and completely turning their brain off for hours on end and enjoying it. They don't walk in anywhere and think abstractly about things, any normally smart person would realize that these bullshit part time jobs just turn you into a robot. Have you ever seen a depressed retard? No, and chances are you won't, even though they have every reason in the world to be depressed they'll be happy as shit because they're fucking retarded

You've got a point, but I disagree. Although there are a lot of people living in ignorance which is why they're happy, there's also people able to control their emotions so well to a point where they can control their stress and put themselves into a happy mindset. I think you're thinking in way too much of a black-and-white world, when in reality it's not as strict in that sense as you're putting it out to be. There's different levels, and different variations.

>they're fucking retarded

Glad to know that someone with such high intelligence has such a vast variation in vocabulary. I'll be sure to take notes.

Also a side note, will this be on the test?

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to Part-time jobs are fucking stupid 2017-02-18 02:11:22

tl;dr

but based on what I've seen thus far...

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Part-time jobs are fucking stupid 2017-02-18 09:39:34

You'll find shitty full-time jobs, too.

Sorry you're having such lousy luck with finding decent employment.

I went through a similar phase, of working mind-numbingly boring gigs or for shitty people, or both.

Eventually I found a nice restaurant that treats me with respect and promotes from within. I'm working part-time (while going to college) and it's very rewarding.

Good luck.

I carry your heart. I carry it in my heart.

BBS Signature

Response to Part-time jobs are fucking stupid 2017-02-19 06:10:24

lol chill out bro have a cone idk

BBS Signature

Response to Part-time jobs are fucking stupid 2017-02-19 07:13:02

I can only do part-time work myself, many others also can only do part-time work. The most obvious reason for part-time work is more time for family or other commitments. Single mothers for example go with part-time if they work so they can get more time with their children during the important years. People who don't need the money and get stressed out by longer periods and don't need the full-time pay will also go for it (this is where I come in, my doctor advised against taking full-time) Not to mention there's a general convenience for both sides on having less time needing to be there.

Now, all your problems with capitalism and the companies treating you in ways are not just part-time. That is what working for others is like in a nutshell. Be it full-time or part-time or contracted or volunteering or whatever shit new thing they have come up with, there is one where you don't even get a minimum wage anymore and is basically a total scam called "zero time" or something. The trick is finding some company that won't treat you like shit and will actually care about you if you want one to hire you. Pick the one that actually deserves you.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Part-time jobs are fucking stupid 2017-02-19 09:16:09

OP sounds like a millenial who thinks they deserve a six figure salary just because they have a piece of paper.

You haven't seen me yet.

Response to Part-time jobs are fucking stupid 2017-02-19 20:39:54

Whew, that was a rant and a half. Feel better now, OP?

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to Part-time jobs are fucking stupid 2017-02-20 23:59:07

At 2/19/17 08:39 PM, DeftonesFan665 wrote: Whew, that was a rant and a half. Feel better now, OP?

I actually do man, I was in a supremely shitty mood when I wrote this and I remember feeling awesome afterwards lol

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Part-time jobs are fucking stupid 2017-02-21 01:02:06

I enjoy my part time jobs.

BBS Signature

Response to Part-time jobs are fucking stupid 2017-02-21 01:12:52

Having a part time job is better than not having a job at all

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to Part-time jobs are fucking stupid 2017-02-21 01:32:51

TL;DR

I'm smarter than all of you! I shouldn't have to work for the peasants! I should have been just given a job in my field and be served by the peasants!

Response to Part-time jobs are fucking stupid 2017-02-21 10:01:56

At 2/21/17 01:32 AM, The-Great-One wrote: TL;DR

I'm smarter than all of you! I shouldn't have to work for the peasants! I should have been just given a job in my field and be served by the peasants!

Your username sucks

cunt

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Part-time jobs are fucking stupid 2017-02-21 10:22:42

From what I've seen so far, you value intelligence and intellect; logic and reason are important to you.

If being a miserable and whiny, grumpy douchebag on the internet is an indicator of high intelligence... you can keep it. 'cos MAN you are a laughingstock.

Juss cuz you smarta den da ress of us duzzent meen u betta.

I felt bad for your situation and had sympathy for you until you went Eminem on everybody.

Response to Part-time jobs are fucking stupid 2017-02-21 10:35:13

At 2/21/17 10:01 AM, Piemix wrote:
cunt

That's a strong point you have there OP.

BBS Signature

Response to Part-time jobs are fucking stupid 2017-02-21 14:11:27

At 2/21/17 10:01 AM, Piemix wrote: Your username sucks

Yep, could've done better on that choice.

cunt

Well that was uncalled for.