00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tophat1607 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Is ok to use the word Nigg*?

1,577 Views | 35 Replies

Is ok to use the word Nigg*? 2017-02-07 13:34:23

I ones got a game from my godfather called Torchlight2 and I customized my character to be black and I give him him a name Nigg* Fighter because I thought it would be funny plus the word Nigg* Does nt have the negative connotation like the word nig**r.So in general is it ok to use the word?

Response to Is ok to use the word Nigg*? 2017-02-07 13:36:29

Nope, sorry.

BBS Signature

Well the N word has a lot of controversy obviously from slaves being called that. Good working, yet still abused. Maybe some treated slaves fairly, but still as slaves. Some people even think that blacks shouldn't use the word cracker, but why not? We were never lashed and wiped by blacks, so it's the context of the word. Plus cracker doesn't even sound bad, it's a food. But I digress. No the N word should not be used. Until everyone is desensitize to it. Which is happening now, slowly but surely.

Response to Is ok to use the word Nigg*? 2017-02-07 14:27:17

At 2/7/17 02:02 PM, WaffleCrisp wrote: Well the N word has a lot of controversy obviously from slaves being called that. Good working, yet still abused. Maybe some treated slaves fairly, but still as slaves. Some people even think that blacks shouldn't use the word cracker, but why not? We were never lashed and wiped by blacks, so it's the context of the word. Plus cracker doesn't even sound bad, it's a food. But I digress. No the N word should not be used. Until everyone is desensitize to it. Which is happening now, slowly but surely.

when I think of the N word I think of the one that blacks use that has 5 letters and ends with the letter A than E and R

Also I had to censor the N words what is Newgrounds PC or something its not my typeing those words was in any context trying to insult someone

Response to Is ok to use the word Nigg*? 2017-02-07 15:16:36

At 2/7/17 02:41 PM, Zornuzkull wrote: No it isn't!!!
I'm coming for you ya racist son of a bitch!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mitn_bT7GUk

Response to Is ok to use the word Nigg*? 2017-02-07 15:42:02

El negro es un color.

Response to Is ok to use the word Nigg*? 2017-02-07 15:43:15

At 2/7/17 02:40 PM, Jurornumber3 wrote: I consider it a grave injustice that black people are allowed to throw that word around all they like, but I get crucified if I say it.

Don't fret man we can say Dad, career portfolio, 401k, roth ira, capital gains etc.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to Is ok to use the word Nigg*? 2017-02-07 16:09:19

At 2/7/17 03:42 PM, Loki wrote: El negro es un color.

what?

Response to Is ok to use the word Nigg*? 2017-02-07 18:13:07

not unless you're black

Response to Is ok to use the word Nigg*? 2017-02-07 18:58:55

Im like Louis CK, I HATE the N word.

NOT the word N*gger.

"The N Word"

Thats how white people get away with saying n*gger.

I ADORE saying the word N*gger, it makes my teeth white. And my GF is half black so nobody can call me a racist when we machine gun the word n*gger over and over again to each other. Im living the DREAM!

Seriously though, You're overthinking it. you wanna call that n*gga character n*gga, go ahead my n*gga. Fuck what these n*ggaz think.

Response to Is ok to use the word Nigg*? 2017-02-07 20:01:43

At 2/7/17 06:58 PM, ManicDepressiveKid wrote: Im like Louis CK, I HATE the N word.

NOT the word N*gger.

"The N Word"

Thats how white people get away with saying n*gger.

I ADORE saying the word N*gger, it makes my teeth white. And my GF is half black so nobody can call me a racist when we machine gun the word n*gger over and over again to each other. Im living the DREAM!

Seriously though, You're overthinking it. you wanna call that n*gga character n*gga, go ahead my n*gga. Fuck what these n*ggaz think.

I could have stood by the point you originally made if you didn't completely invalidate it by then, yourself, attempting to get away with that word. Bye bye.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to Is ok to use the word Nigg*? 2017-02-07 20:11:17

The fact that you need to ask kind of tells you the answer.

This post will actually appear at the bottom of this page.

BBS Signature

Response to Is ok to use the word Nigg*? 2017-02-07 20:17:29

It hasn't been okay, it's not okay, and it never will be okay in my book. There is a saying that goes "Treat people the way you want to be treated." If we're throwing that word at black people (and they throw the word around at each other too) and expect them not to call white people crackers, or while people are doing the same with the whole wetbacks and chinks thing, what is it we are looking for then? Straight simple answer, no.

You haven't seen me yet.

Response to Is ok to use the word Nigg*? 2017-02-07 20:32:50

At 2/7/17 02:41 PM, Zornuzkull wrote: No it isn't!!!
I'm coming for you ya racist son of a bitch!!!

You either have an incredible photo library, an ingenious intuition, or at this point, both.

keep at it my nigg

BBS Signature

Response to Is ok to use the word Nigg*? 2017-02-07 20:33:24

At 2/7/17 01:34 PM, mile667 wrote: I ones got a game from my godfather called Torchlight2 and I customized my character to be black and I give him him a name Nigg* Fighter because I thought it would be funny plus the word Nigg* Does nt have the negative connotation like the word nig**r.So in general is it ok to use the word?

Bad hit no way

BBS Signature

Why would you want to play as a black person?

Response to Is ok to use the word Nigg*? 2017-02-07 21:29:48

At 2/7/17 02:40 PM, Jurornumber3 wrote: I consider it a grave injustice that black people are allowed to throw that word around all they like, but I get crucified if I say it.

Agreed, and when they say "honky" that's ok too.

Response to Is ok to use the word Nigg*? 2017-02-07 22:27:47

At 2/7/17 08:17 PM, BloodPact wrote: If we're throwing that word at black people (and they throw the word around at each other too) and expect them not to call white people crackers,

Do people seriously get offended by the word cracker?
I mean, normal white people. Nobody cares about white guilt feeling millennials.

BBS Signature

Y'know... Every day goes by and I see less black people take offense to the N-word. Meanwhile I see more & more white people losing their shit over some asshat on the internet saying it.
It seems every time I go on any mainstream social media website there's at least one white person lashing at another white person for using the N-word.
How pathetic do you have to be that you get offended by a slur for someone else??? Can we just change the dictionary definition of the N-word to "a pejorative term for an eavesdropping white liberal"? It'd save us a lot of time.

Anyways, yeah. Say it if you want, censor it if you want to be safe. It's a free country dude. Just know that most internet communities are plagued with crybullies who will report/ban you for using the N-word.

At 2/7/17 09:05 PM, Makakaov wrote: Why would you want to play as a black person?

Maybe it's one of those crime MMOs.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Is ok to use the word Nigg*? 2017-02-08 04:53:53

At 2/7/17 10:27 PM, BoonChild wrote:
At 2/7/17 08:17 PM, BloodPact wrote: If we're throwing that word at black people (and they throw the word around at each other too) and expect them not to call white people crackers,
Do people seriously get offended by the word cracker?
I mean, normal white people. Nobody cares about white guilt feeling millennials.

I personally don't care one way or the other, but to me people who use that type of language don't think very highly of their fellow human beings.

You haven't seen me yet.

Response to Is ok to use the word Nigg*? 2017-02-08 05:23:17

Don't really care. Say it as you please.

fuk

BBS Signature

Response to Is ok to use the word Nigg*? 2017-02-08 06:23:06

At 2/7/17 01:34 PM, mile667 wrote: So in general is it ok to use the word?

I'm the kind of guy who believes that there's no word that you can't say, or no topic that you can't joke about. But I'm also smart enough to not say a racial slur in front of a bunch of guys who could easily kick my ass.

In conclusion, have fun, whitey. But use your head and consider your audience. At best, you'll hang your head with embarrassment. At worst, a day in the hospital.

BBS Signature

Response to Is ok to use the word Nigg*? 2017-02-08 08:05:17

At 2/7/17 09:05 PM, Makakaov wrote: Why would you want to play as a black person?

Will I designed him that way and decided to name him Nigg* fighter because I thought it would be funny

Response to Is ok to use the word Nigg*? 2017-02-08 08:17:20

Maybe it's one of those crime MMOs.

no no no its a normal Action based RPG just like any other

And the class Im playing is a Berserker: The Berserker uses quick attacks and animal-themed special powers, Skill Trees: Hunter, Tundra, Shadow.And also the skin color is customizable.

Response to Is ok to use the word Nigg*? 2017-02-08 22:43:40

It really depends on the context. Its perfectly fine to say Nigg*. Don't say the other N word though.

Response to Is ok to use the word Nigg*? 2017-02-13 06:17:20

wassup mah fellow NGer! haha lol!

lol

BBS Signature

Response to Is ok to use the word Nigg*? 2017-02-13 06:28:47

At 2/7/17 02:02 PM, WaffleCrisp wrote: Plus cracker doesn't even sound bad, it's a food.

Gonna point out that cracker = whip cracker. Did no one check the context on that one? Imo that's more offensive to me than someone the amicable "nigg*". There is simply no way being called a slave driver can be interpreted nicely, yet here in my community (96% black), I have people calling each other, me, and pretty much anyone they feel like nigg*, and it doesn't really matter. In fact, if you don't say it, you're kinda looked at as the square, four-eyed elephant in the room.

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to Is ok to use the word Nigg*? 2017-02-13 09:57:33

At 2/7/17 01:34 PM, mile667 wrote: I ones got a game from my godfather called Torchlight2 and I customized my character to be black and I give him him a name Nigg* Fighter because I thought it would be funny plus the word Nigg* Does nt have the negative connotation like the word nig**r.So in general is it ok to use the word?

I'm Black from the Midwest and I thin its funny. Fuc* the world and its closed ways of thinking. If you do this or say that it means your a bad person and should be looked down upon. Like when the white boy walked into a black church and shoot all those people. I laughed my a** off. You telling me someone walked into a building with a large weapon not hidden from view and no one saw this into the shoots started to ring off. Yeah get out my face.

Response to Is ok to use the word Nigg*? 2017-02-13 10:36:33

At 2/7/17 01:34 PM, mile667 wrote:

Like when the white boy walked into a black church and shoot all those people. I laughed my a** off. You telling me someone walked into a building with a large weapon not hidden from view and no one saw this into the shoots started to ring off. Yeah get out my face.

Wtf dude you laughed? That's not funny dude.