00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

UmanaJose just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Seeking tips for first project!

445 Views | 0 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Seeking tips for first project! 2017-01-28 13:52:37

Hi there people of newgrounds. Basically I am a film maker based in Cardiff, UK - predominantly I work with live-action and have over the years worked on music videos/web-series/shorts and as of this year am doing a no-budget feature which is proving to be extremely difficult but we're close to finishing it now.

A few years back we did an eight part web-series for YouTube which you can watch here if you want via http://youtube.com/bernardandknives it's okay, we were a little inexperienced and looking back I'd pretty much change all of it and it didn't get a whole lot of views. I started using this website again a while back and got back into the idea of doing something web-based. I've dabbled in animation on and off for years starting way back in 1999 when I had my first computer and it took 3 hours to load a MGS parody vid on here, would make stuff using MSPaint and WMM.

I've been writing scripts for a new series for the past few months, something I want to animated as it'd be nice to have complete freedom and not relying on bringing in cast, location scouting and also am a massive fan of the medium in general. I have been animating a pilot, drawing the images in MSPaint, editing with Adobe Premier and for lip-synching using Adobe AE and the plugin Auto Lip-Sync. Honestly though doing this with my Acer laptop is a bitch, takes ages to render shots and is slow as ever.

My reason for writing this is to try and gather some advice and tips from folks with some more experience so I can get this pilot as good as can be with the resources I have and also lurkers reading in a similar situation myself can too benefit.

Cheers,