00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

snoozerzz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

A question about game maker

925 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

A question about game maker 2017-01-27 04:01:11

in steam GameMaker: Studio™ have a free version, but you can export games into newgrounds? or you need pay a license

In War, Victory.

In Peace, Vigilance.

In Death, Sacrifice.

Response to A question about game maker 2017-01-27 05:14:05

At 1/27/17 04:01 AM, XxcuchixX wrote: in steam GameMaker: Studio™ have a free version, but you can export games into newgrounds? or you need pay a license

I think you do yes.with a licence you can export the game to HMTL5, which you could then upload to newgrounds. Without a licence I am not sure there is another way. Maybe someone with more gamemaker experience will know another way.

Response to A question about game maker 2017-01-27 13:20:59

At 1/27/17 05:14 AM, Funkmachine wrote: I think you do yes.with a licence you can export the game to HMTL5, which you could then upload to newgrounds. Without a licence I am not sure there is another way. Maybe someone with more gamemaker experience will know another way.

So i need play 500 dolars if make games for newgrounds? holy s***

In War, Victory.

In Peace, Vigilance.

In Death, Sacrifice.

Response to A question about game maker 2017-01-29 03:25:37

At 1/28/17 02:39 PM, LuckyLightTitan wrote:
At 1/27/17 01:20 PM, XxcuchixX wrote: So i need play 500 dolars if make games for newgrounds? holy s***
Yeah, to get the HTML5 export module and export your games to the internet.

for a seccond in my mind was "maybe can try make a game free for newgrounds, short and basic" but pay a excessive price for something what want to make free it´s something what push you back

sorry my bad english

In War, Victory.

In Peace, Vigilance.

In Death, Sacrifice.

Response to A question about game maker 2017-01-29 08:27:00

At 1/27/17 01:20 PM, XxcuchixX wrote:
At 1/27/17 05:14 AM, Funkmachine wrote: I think you do yes.with a licence you can export the game to HMTL5, which you could then upload to newgrounds. Without a licence I am not sure there is another way. Maybe someone with more gamemaker experience will know another way.
So i need play 500 dolars if make games for newgrounds? holy s***

You can pay only for the profesional edition and only the HTML5 export, that is how I started only took me like 80 bucks. But maybe this year they will make another humble bundle, I got the rest of it for 14$.

The 500 is for all the pack, Also I dont recomend getting it on steam if there is not a deep discount. Better getting it on yoyogames website.

It's good to learn something new every day!

Trying to develop games, music and art.

Follow my work!

At 1/29/17 08:12 AM, LuckyLightTitan wrote: Well, you can always use Phaser.js
http://phaser.io/
My buddy @WiLD11 has a channel full of Phaser.js tutorials, it should help.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCv0j-6tXIlnxmOu9FA3qFtw

I've used this framework before and it's really good, it also simplifies everything for you so you wouldn't have to re-invent the wheel just to make something simple.

I see people recommending phaser, and you convince me, thanks pal! I'm gonna take an eye someday

In War, Victory.

In Peace, Vigilance.

In Death, Sacrifice.