00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Xyphondevi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

How's everyone doing?

525 Views | 23 Replies

How's everyone doing? 2017-01-10 00:28:09

What have you been up to lately? how's life etc? pursuing anything new? succumbing to that soul crushing depression and loneliness? Tell me about your day.

I haven't done much of note lately, I went to my parents place for christmas. Not to celebrate mind you, but to take care of dogs for 2 weeks. My mom does dog boarding on the side you see. At one point I had 14 dogs at once in my care. Leaves barely any time for sleeping weh.

In another recent attempt to make something of myself I downloaded a C++ programming book by that famous fellow who made C++ thinking I'll learn something useful. This thing ">>" has been making that near impossible. I'm thinking of just using flash or one of the other gamedev utilities instead, but I know it's ultimately more useful to learn a programming language, it's just so frustrating and hard. I have so many questions and asking them all on stack overflow and having them either deleted getting replies that are more complex that the question i'm asking.

It's a mess, but I'll be 28 this year and I can't go my whole life without learning anything. Right now I'm taking a break and playing some old GBC and super nintendo games. I thought I might start recording gameplay and make a sort of 'no bullshit' gameplay only thing for people like me who close a video the moment they hear someone talking over it.

So how about you?

Master of questionable life choices

Response to How's everyone doing? 2017-01-10 03:13:14

I've been better.

How's everyone doing?

Response to How's everyone doing? 2017-01-10 05:25:14

At 1/10/17 03:13 AM, axehandle-stain wrote: I've been better.

Oh? haven't we all. What's up?

How's everyone doing?

Response to How's everyone doing? 2017-01-10 07:03:11

I just woke up from a nightmare

Response to How's everyone doing? 2017-01-11 03:54:49

At 1/10/17 05:25 AM, MinatoArisato wrote:

A chicken's tuckus when it eats. How they haven't evolved vacuum inhalation of food yet is beyond me.

Response to How's everyone doing? 2017-01-11 12:57:07 (edited 2017-01-11 12:57:25)

Exams are coming up, but it does not seem to be a problem to me, considering I always ace them while barely studying. But life is good so far, built a new gaming PC which has a GTX 1080.

BBS Signature

Response to How's everyone doing? 2017-01-12 08:06:03

At 1/11/17 12:57 PM, OneStep wrote: Exams are coming up, but it does not seem to be a problem to me, considering I always ace them while barely studying. But life is good so far, built a new gaming PC which has a GTX 1080.

Just a friendly warning from someone who should have tried harder. Make sure whatever you do for college/university is a functional skill. As in learn how to do something that I cant do without getting training. Preferebly something like electrical, circuitry, programming, etc. Being able to make things is probably the best way to survive, I dont want to see you miserable years from now without as many opportunities.

Congrats on your PC, what are you planning to play on it? We have a 1070 and i'm usually playing multiplat stuff like darkest dungeon or emulators.

Response to How's everyone doing? 2017-01-12 08:07:27

At 1/10/17 07:03 AM, NightRaid-NG wrote: I just woke up from a nightmare

Whew, im a few days late. But I hope your nightmare was a cool one.
I always get really vivid nightmares, especially after eating cheese before sleeping.

Response to How's everyone doing? 2017-01-12 08:09:33

At 1/11/17 01:47 PM, Sekhem wrote: listening to great music

i hate the busy new year bullshit at work, but it'll go away soon so i'm just keeping focused until cny

Music is like the universal mood improvement, What kind of work do you do anyway?

Response to How's everyone doing? 2017-01-12 08:11:31

At 1/11/17 02:09 PM, lapis wrote:
Oh? haven't we all.
Stay informed.

I watched the b horror movie by the same name, shit was hilarious and gorey.
At one point main chick goes to see a gynecologist and I think bites the guys fingers or entire hand off? Its been awhile.

Response to How's everyone doing? 2017-01-12 08:44:29

At 1/12/17 08:06 AM, MinatoArisato wrote: Just a friendly warning from someone who should have tried harder. Make sure whatever you do for college/university is a functional skill. As in learn how to do something that I cant do without getting training. Preferebly something like electrical, circuitry, programming, etc. Being able to make things is probably the best way to survive, I dont want to see you miserable years from now without as many opportunities.

Thanks for the tips man, my dad wants me to become an architect or an engineer since my math skills are incredible.

BBS Signature

Response to How's everyone doing? 2017-01-12 09:54:54

So like I gotta job and I proceeded to get my bro a job there as well.
I feel pretty good.
It'll probably be the first and only time I work with my friend on the same job.

Response to How's everyone doing? 2017-01-12 10:40:17

I am as okay as I can be...

which sometimes can mean "not okay at all."

Response to How's everyone doing? 2017-01-12 13:00:40

At 1/12/17 08:07 AM, MinatoArisato wrote:
I always get really vivid nightmares, especially after eating cheese before sleeping.

in the dream, someone was gonna stab my balls
Then, I woke up and flailed my arms so i wouldn't go back to sleep

Response to How's everyone doing? 2017-01-12 21:20:45

I'm doing well. I'm learning sequences and series in calculus and angular rotation in physics.

"I'm an Androgynous Misogynous" -- Billy the Fridge

Response to How's everyone doing? 2017-01-15 11:02:51

At 1/12/17 08:44 AM, OneStep wrote:
At 1/12/17 08:06 AM, MinatoArisato wrote: Just a friendly warning from someone who should have tried harder. Make sure whatever you do for college/university is a functional skill. As in learn how to do something that I cant do without getting training. Preferebly something like electrical, circuitry, programming, etc. Being able to make things is probably the best way to survive, I dont want to see you miserable years from now without as many opportunities.
Thanks for the tips man, my dad wants me to become an architect or an engineer since my math skills are incredible.

If that's something you don't mind doing go for it, if not anything that uses your skills but can be useful towards many different jobs is a safe bet. Always look out for number 1 though.

Response to How's everyone doing? 2017-01-15 11:04:29

At 1/12/17 09:54 AM, MuramasasEdge wrote: So like I gotta job and I proceeded to get my bro a job there as well.
I feel pretty good.
It'll probably be the first and only time I work with my friend on the same job.

Hey that's good to hear! I hope it goes well for both of you and ends up being a longterm thing.

Response to How's everyone doing? 2017-01-15 11:05:49

At 1/12/17 10:40 AM, Troisnyx wrote: I am as okay as I can be...

which sometimes can mean "not okay at all."

Same here senpai, but the other 50% can usually do a pretty good job of faking it. I am pretty excited for breath of the wild in a couple of months, so that's my motivation at the moment.

Response to How's everyone doing? 2017-01-15 11:07:23

At 1/12/17 01:00 PM, NightRaid-NG wrote:
At 1/12/17 08:07 AM, MinatoArisato wrote:
in the dream, someone was gonna stab my balls
Then, I woke up and flailed my arms so i wouldn't go back to sleep

Spooky, just be happy you didn't get sleep paralysis for it yeah? getting stabbed in the balls in a dreamscape is still painful I hear.

Response to How's everyone doing? 2017-01-15 11:12:46

At 1/12/17 02:43 PM, LuckyLightTitan wrote: I've been better.
Just wish i had more free time these days.

When you have little free time the days off go by sooooo fast its insane.
But the moment you're anticipating and looking forward to something it just drags on forever.
I used to daydream about being able to fastforward my life and reach the end of a school day with all the work finished and tests done. Or just stop time and zone out for 3 days and finish everything in solitude. But not before horribly abusing such a power on my classmates.

At the end of the day all you can do is try to have a bit of fun while you're working.

Response to How's everyone doing? 2017-01-15 11:14:44

At 1/12/17 09:20 PM, Verspar wrote: I'm doing well. I'm learning sequences and series in calculus and angular rotation in physics.

I'm like 90% sure I don't know what any of those are. I was in Sped math in highschool. I never did homework which was pretty necessary for keeping up with math. I couldn't dream of doing calculus back then.

Response to How's everyone doing? 2017-01-15 11:16:15

At 1/13/17 02:11 PM, Sekhem wrote: i do better things in my spare time, though

So many dials, what am I looking at?

Response to How's everyone doing? 2017-01-15 11:24:05

was my first holidays away from home

was kind of homesick at chrismas

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature

Response to How's everyone doing? 2017-01-15 13:07:04

My day's going a lot better than Yosuke's, that's for sure.