00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LOCKdev just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Popups on mobile 2016-12-26 19:49:22

It keeps happening

So far it has happened in the movie portal, the art portal, and the PMs

I'm not the only one getting these either

Can someone please fix this?

Response to Popups on mobile 2016-12-27 18:31:51

Can confirm, am also getting popups on mobile but not desktop. Neither of which have adblock enabled on NG. It's getting to the point of annoying, every five pages or so, even when writing PMs.

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to Popups on mobile 2016-12-27 19:55:10

At 12/26/16 07:49 PM, NightRaid-NG wrote: It keeps happening

So far it has happened in the movie portal, the art portal, and the PMs

It's happened to me on the forums, pm's, and the under judgement portal. The last thing I want is to fear going on mobile, especially if I leave a tab open and it happens while I'm not on my browser.

Response to Popups on mobile 2016-12-28 01:32:03

At 12/27/16 07:55 PM, BlueAlpha14 wrote: It's happened to me on the forums, pm's, and the under judgement portal. The last thing I want is to fear going on mobile, especially if I leave a tab open and it happens while I'm not on my browser.

Exactly mate. How did this happen?

Response to Popups on mobile 2016-12-28 01:38:35

At 12/28/16 01:32 AM, NightRaid-NG wrote:
At 12/27/16 07:55 PM, BlueAlpha14 wrote: It's happened to me on the forums, pm's, and the under judgement portal. The last thing I want is to fear going on mobile, especially if I leave a tab open and it happens while I'm not on my browser.
Exactly mate. How did this happen?

It's anybody's guess, really. Maybe it's the ads that are used for this site?

Response to Popups on mobile 2016-12-28 01:59:29

This talking about those "You're our two millionth visitor" or whatever ads? Yeah, I'm getting those on Newgrounds on my tablet, and it's really annoying.

I scream! You scream! We all scream for ice cream!

Response to Popups on mobile 2016-12-28 21:08:16

so... when is this gonna be fixed?

Response to Popups on mobile 2016-12-30 16:11:37

At 12/28/16 09:08 PM, NightRaid-NG wrote: so... when is this gonna be fixed?

Wonder if the admins know about this... @liljim ?

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Popups on mobile 2016-12-31 03:18:45

At 12/30/16 04:11 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 12/28/16 09:08 PM, NightRaid-NG wrote: so... when is this gonna be fixed?
Wonder if the admins know about this... @liljim ?

None of us want popups, so if we haven't responded to something like this and you're still seeing it after a reasonable timeframe (e.g. 24 hours), then you can assume we don't know about it - so thanks as always for the heads up, CD.

However, I can't replicate this - so more details are needed. Type of phone, browser and YOUR LOCATION (because some of these only affect people in different countries) together with as much details about the ads as you guys can give would be helpful, so we can pinpoint what's sneaking in.

Response to Popups on mobile 2016-12-31 11:46:25

At 12/31/16 03:18 AM, liljim wrote: However, I can't replicate this - so more details are needed. Type of phone, browser and YOUR LOCATION (because some of these only affect people in different countries) together with as much details about the ads as you guys can give would be helpful, so we can pinpoint what's sneaking in.

I'm using Chrome on a Samsung tablet. The ads basically just say you're a winner. I live in Maryland America.

Response to Popups on mobile 2016-12-31 13:45:32

At 12/31/16 03:18 AM, liljim wrote:
However, I can't replicate this - so more details are needed. Type of phone, browser and YOUR LOCATION (because some of these only affect people in different countries) together with as much details about the ads as you guys can give would be helpful, so we can pinpoint what's sneaking in.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Prime Core (phone) and Samsung Galaxy S4 (tablet), both of them use Google Chrome and my location is Washington, USA. All of the ads I have encountered so far say I have a chance to win a $1000 Walmart gift card. Usually they're on a facebook type layout as well. I've gotten them from prizealert[dot]com, prizesdigital[dot]com, promo[dot]topstylegames[dot]xyz, promo[dot]youthgames[dot]xyz, and also I've seen a report on here from a pbs type website, but those are the main sites I have gotten.

I hope this is enough details.

Response to Popups on mobile 2016-12-31 13:56:43

There are also adblocking software for smartphones. Until/If even someone decides to fix it, just use those.

\ / Bunny ears didn't happen by accident

BBS Signature