00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tallya just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Wilde Life Auditions Open!

1,510 Views | 9 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Wilde Life is a supernatural/horror/adventure webcomic by Pascalle Lepas, who has granted me permission to dub it. It is a modern-day story of a writer and journalist named Oscar who left Chicago behind for a fresh start in Oklahoma. Little does he know the house he rented is haunted by the ghost of a 1940’s mathematician, who becomes his room mate. The story follows his adventures in the town of Podunk, which he finds to be a hotbed of supernatural activity. You can find the comic here:

http://www.wildelifecomic.com/about

The comic dub will be presented in the style of a comic voice-over video with some kinetic comic elements. Each chapter of the comic will make up one “episode” which will be uploaded to youtube likely on a monthly basis. If all the remaining roles are filled by the deadline, recording will begin around January-February.

From September up until now, casting for characters has been done privately with people we know, but unfortunately we’re still missing voice actors for some important roles, which is where you all come in.

Click here to view the characters and audition lines

This is not a paid project!
As much as I would love to compensate everyone, I’m just a university student who is putting this together for fun and out of love for the comic, and I can’t afford to pay an entire cast for an unknown amount of episodes. This project is entirely noncommercial and will not generate any revenue. Given this, I understand fully if you do not wish to audition. For those who do, I will work with you to make sure your recording schedule won’t be difficult to handle, and multiple episodes will be completed in advance so people won’t be pressured to get their lines in.

Requirements:

-I ask that all auditionees for this round be 18 years or older.
-I recommend against auditioning if sexual themes in a project make you uncomfortable, although they will be watered down and will likely not require any involved acting on your part.
-You must be okay with swearing.
-The comic contains homosexual characters. If this bothers you at all, please do not audition.
-The comic contains scenes of violence, blood, gore, and body horror (Mostly chapter 5 so far). If this bothers you, it is best not to audition.
-Condenser mics are preferred, be they USB mics, or mics connected through an external interface. Please no cell phone, headset, or laptop mics.
-Please ensure that your recording space isn’t too noisy and doesn’t have a lot of reverb or echo. Subtle ambient noises in the background can be edited out, but noise removal can only do so much. (In the end, if you’re still unsure how your space sounds, just send in your audition anyways. No harm in trying!)
-If you are cast, please provide your easiest method of contact and/or an email address.
This project will be ongoing for several months, as the comic is not yet complete, and at least three episodes will be recorded in advance before they are published. Although I will be working with you to make sure your recording schedule is smooth and hassle free, please be certain you will be able to submit your lines on time and stay committed.

The deadline for auditions is the end of December 31st. (There will be some wiggle room due to differences in time zones, so don’t worry, but please try to submit your auditions before the deadline.)
Email all auditions to sfbauditions@gmail.com

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask here, PM me, or send me an email!

Thanks for reading and good luck to all who audition!

Response to Wilde Life Auditions Open! 2016-11-21 20:35:34

This seems really interesting. I would love to be a part of this dubbing! I don't know if I would be a good fit for the current listed characters, but I would definitely wish to be considered for any of the future roles and extras. If the project audition is still open, I can have an audition sample ready by tomorrow.

Response to Wilde Life Auditions Open! 2016-11-21 22:05:13

At 11/21/16 08:35 PM, Tunefultoon wrote: This seems really interesting. I would love to be a part of this dubbing! I don't know if I would be a good fit for the current listed characters, but I would definitely wish to be considered for any of the future roles and extras. If the project audition is still open, I can have an audition sample ready by tomorrow.

Yeah, go for it! Honestly even if you're not sure how well you fit any of the characters, I still encourage you to audition, as I'm going to be saving audition files to go over in the future when more characters are introduced. :)

Response to Wilde Life Auditions Open! 2016-11-25 07:15:22

Heya!

I love your work! I'm gonna try to voice Eliza :)
hope I can get it done asap

grts

Response to Wilde Life Auditions Open! 2016-11-25 16:02:55

At 11/20/16 12:40 PM, sixfootblue wrote: Wilde Life is a supernatural/horror/adventure webcomic by Pascalle Lepas, ...

Thanks for reading and good luck to all who audition!

Audition sent. Thank you and good luck!

Response to Wilde Life Auditions Open! 2016-11-25 16:27:16

Here's the audition count so far:

Oscar: 4
Eliza: 3
Barbara: 1
Nora: 0
Becky: 1
WFB: 3
Extras: 2

Response to Wilde Life Auditions Open! 2016-12-05 12:02:40

Updated the audition count.

Oscar: 9
Eliza: 6
Barbara: 2
Nora: 1
Becky: 1
WFB: 5
Extras: 2

Response to Wilde Life Auditions Open! 2016-12-15 01:08:38

Updated Audition Count:

Oscar: 13
Eliza: 7
Barbara: 3
Nora: 3
Becky: 2
WFB: 8
Extras: 5

Also for those of you curious of the musical style for this project, I've got an auditions video on youtube with a sample song.

Response to Wilde Life Auditions Open! 2017-01-07 13:23:18

Auditions are closed, and the voice actors have been cast!

I want to give a huge thank you to everyone who auditioned! It was exciting seeing so many people take an interest in the project. Here are the results for this round of auditions:

Oscar Wilde - Nicholas Andrew Louie

Eliza Proctor - Diana Cameron McQueen

Barbara Yaga - Diana Cameron McQueen

Nora Hudson - Quantum Witch

Becky Callahan - Quantum Witch

The White Faced Bear - Cody Nicholls

Extras - Madman01

For those who did not get a part, I’ve saved everyone’s contact info in a spreadsheet to consult for future characters and incidentals, and if I run auditions for more characters, you are free to try again!

Response to Wilde Life Auditions Open! 2017-01-08 04:51:04