00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ArkihamVA just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Jazza Video Interviews & NG Updates

11,141 Views | 50 Replies
Respond to this Topic

@Jazza made a great mini-doc about independent animation, featuring @Egoraptor, @Stamper, @RicePirate, @El-Cid, @RubberNinja, @FelixColgrave and myself. Check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9QYpofBmPs

If watching that makes you feel all misty-eyed nostalgic and you find yourself saying "Man, I hope Newgrounds makes a big comeback", please consider becoming a Supporter!

Supporters keep Newgrounds and 21 years of content on-line but your growing support will also allow us to sponsor original content and increase payouts to artists. For $2.99 a month you can be a part of that AND get a bunch of great perks! Instead of fighting over the last few users without adblock, imagine if we could distribute tens of thousands in supporter funds each month. THIS CAN BECOME REALITY. Last week marked the one year anniversary of our subscription system and we've made great progress. With continued changes we hope to end this year with a bang and go even bigger in 2017.

This Week on Newgrounds

@Noodle has released This Week on Newgrounds #11 so be sure to watch.

On Monday we'll be launching new Games and Movies hubs, similar to what we've already done with Audio. The new pages will render well on mobile and feature mobile-friendly content for mobile users. The secondary browsing pages won't update on Monday because a lot of changes are happening under the hood and we want to take small steps there.

In the meantime, be sure to check out the Halloween Spooktacular collection. Three days left to participate with art, music, animation or games!

We're also hosting a Pumpkin Carving Contest.

Steam News

@TheEnkian, @kyatohon and @mattlaaa have a Greenlight campaign going for Ender Story, go show some support! You can play Chapter 1 on NG and Chapter 2 is on the way.

Have a happy Halloween weekend!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Jazza Video Interviews & NG Updates 2016-10-28 15:48:40

Watched Jazza's video the other day. Highly recommend.

It's a Wooley World, but someones got to shave it...

Response to Jazza Video Interviews & NG Updates 2016-10-28 15:49:23

If i ever become a millionaire i would donate heavily to this site. Because its this site that introduced me to flash games even though i used to use sites like mofunzone (when it still looked good) kongregate etc. tbh this is the only site that hasnt been changed to this (see screenshot). thanks tom for 21 years of proper user generated content and i hope we stay here till the end of time.

Thanks.
Kmatrix11

Response to Jazza Video Interviews & NG Updates 2016-10-28 16:12:59

At 10/28/16 03:33 PM, LuckyLightTitan wrote: Amazing news Tom.
I thought there would be some kind of new feature or something when you said "NG updates" speaking of which, do you plan on adding any new features?

There's lots of features we'd like to add, although right now we're muscling through the page overhauls to make everything play better with mobile / be more streamlined. Lots of small improvements are coming with those changes - the publishing process is getting better, user pages will be cooler, expect in-page replies from feeds and forum threads, etc. That whole unified voting overhaul is part of this too, where your review score and vote score will finally be a single score you give to a submission.

BBS Signature

Response to Jazza Video Interviews & NG Updates 2016-10-28 16:16:13

At 10/28/16 03:49 PM, KMatrix11 wrote: (see screenshot).

"eat ass - Google Sear..."

sicko mode

BBS Signature

Response to Jazza Video Interviews & NG Updates 2016-10-28 16:17:04

At 10/28/16 04:16 PM, ninjamuffin99 wrote:

yea i was doing research

Response to Jazza Video Interviews & NG Updates 2016-10-28 17:27:30

Thanks a bunch for the shoutout Tom!

Tale of Enki: Pilgrimage, an RPG with a few twists. Available to buy it on Steam here!

BBS Signature

Response to Jazza Video Interviews & NG Updates 2016-10-28 19:13:29

That Jazza video was legitimately amazing, hearing all that stuff about the new age of young animators makes me real optimistic about the future of both animation and my own work, it's some inspiring stuff. Can't wait for the new hubs!

Response to Jazza Video Interviews & NG Updates 2016-10-28 20:08:06

At 10/28/16 07:45 PM, SpareMatt wrote: Tom, I was thinking since your making newgrounds moblie friendly. You could make an app! Maybe games might take a little while but, the newgrounds radio and movies and portal would be fun on iphone!

We plan to ultimately have an app. Want to get the site itself formatted well on mobile first and proceed from there.

BBS Signature

Response to Jazza Video Interviews & NG Updates 2016-10-28 21:05:09

sicko mode

BBS Signature

Response to Jazza Video Interviews & NG Updates 2016-10-28 21:22:21

I'm going to have a Happy Halloweekend!

Excuse my puns but the good news is that I feel like releasing a poster of NG characters in Undertale (Pundergrounds) battle sprites style for Halloween which Newgrounds needs just to show my support and interest to the NG community.

I hope NG , Tom, Jazza, and the rest of the community have a bright future! ;)

Response to Jazza Video Interviews & NG Updates 2016-10-28 23:45:37

At 10/28/16 11:00 PM, RealFaction wrote:
At 10/28/16 02:59 PM, TomFulp wrote: @Jazza made a great mini-doc about independent animation, featuring @Egoraptor, @Stamper, @RicePirate, @El-Cid, @RubberNinja and myself. Check it out:
I saw it a couple days ago, I loved it. Good stuff.

Yeah! That looks cool so the film is coming to theaters such as AMC theaters and IMAX theaters.
So i love to carve those pumpkins.

Rawr!

BBS Signature

Response to Jazza Video Interviews & NG Updates 2016-10-29 00:31:03

At 10/28/16 08:08 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 10/28/16 07:45 PM, SpareMatt wrote: Tom, I was thinking since your making newgrounds moblie friendly. You could make an app! Maybe games might take a little while but, the newgrounds radio and movies and portal would be fun on iphone!
We plan to ultimately have an app. Want to get the site itself formatted well on mobile first and proceed from there.

Oh cheers, I could do with one of those. Tagline: "Blam on the go!". You'd never have to wait to enforce your Garbage whistle status again! Or just browse TheShadling's profile to make other commuters visibly upset. Honestly don't see a downside to this.

I'd say the site mostly works fine on mobile, apart from the Social Feed which makes entries take up too much screenspace to browse comfortably. You know I've got large, fleshy, ogre-like fingers but I've never found that I've needed stuff to take up half the phone to cater to my Shrek phalanges.

Response to Jazza Video Interviews & NG Updates 2016-10-29 07:21:37

Jazza did a great job with the video.

Response to Jazza Video Interviews & NG Updates 2016-10-29 08:09:22

At 10/28/16 09:22 PM, ScepterDPinoy wrote: I'm going to have a Happy Halloweekend!

Excuse my puns but the good news is that I feel like releasing a poster of NG characters in Undertale (Pundergrounds) battle sprites style for Halloween which Newgrounds needs just to show my support and interest to the NG community.

I hope NG , Tom, Jazza, and the rest of the community have a bright future! ;)

That poster sounds fun, I've been enjoying my Undertale avatar on Twitter!

BBS Signature

Response to Jazza Video Interviews & NG Updates 2016-10-29 11:42:03

Super excited to see the updates Games and Movies hub!

Response to Jazza Video Interviews & NG Updates 2016-10-29 13:33:36

At 10/29/16 11:42 AM, LDAF wrote: Super excited to see the updates Games and Movies hub!

Don't get too excited they basically do the same thing now - just with the new layout. If you're logged in you'll see the latest supporter instead of a third party ad in the header, so that's a plus.

BBS Signature

Response to Jazza Video Interviews & NG Updates 2016-10-29 13:57:09

At 10/29/16 01:33 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 10/29/16 11:42 AM, LDAF wrote: Super excited to see the updates Games and Movies hub!
Don't get too excited they basically do the same thing now - just with the new layout. If you're logged in you'll see the latest supporter instead of a third party ad in the header, so that's a plus.

Oh, I know, I'm just curious to see what they look like visually. I imagine that it'd be something along the lines of how the Audio Portal is organized now, but sometimes, it's just fun to see things change a tad.

Response to Jazza Video Interviews & NG Updates 2016-10-29 17:11:10

@Jazza did a BEAUTIFUL job with that documentary! It was awesome hearing all this information plus I learned thngs lol

Great job! <3

Response to Jazza Video Interviews & NG Updates 2016-10-29 20:15:31

A Newgrounds App! That would be great :)

Response to Jazza Video Interviews & NG Updates 2016-10-29 22:43:06

the Jazza vid had me Welling up at the end, but I wish a happy Halloween to yall.

Response to Jazza Video Interviews & NG Updates 2016-10-30 05:18:16

Really entertaining mini-doc there, and informative - didn't know about the reply girls arrivals and their call to the fall of YT as main revenue source for short animation. Good stuff. 25 minutes flew by in a Flash.

Also looking forward to the new hubs! Exciting to see if they turn out as clean as the AP did.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Jazza Video Interviews & NG Updates 2016-10-30 05:18:35

At 10/28/16 04:17 PM, KMatrix11 wrote: yea i was doing research

XD Main reason I fear posting random screencaps online, you never know what's there...

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Jazza Video Interviews & NG Updates 2016-10-30 10:42:47

Funniest thing I've seen in a while on here. Good find.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Jazza Video Interviews & NG Updates 2016-10-30 10:47:06

Yeah that looks so awesome. So This short film is called Madness PWND by Car (1996 short film). Teaser trailer for Fierce The Bandit vs The Titan Saga (1996) Film and the film is coming soon to theaters. So we're promoting Edy's, Pizza Hut, Powerade, Mtn dew, chuck-e-cheese's, and Holiday inn suites water park for the film.

Rawr!

BBS Signature

Response to Jazza Video Interviews & NG Updates 2016-10-30 11:13:21

Holy smokes! That was amazing, such an inspiring journey!

Response to Jazza Video Interviews & NG Updates 2016-10-30 11:17:30

At 10/30/16 10:42 AM, ZJ wrote:
Funniest thing I've seen in a while on here. Good find.

Wow thanks man.

sicko mode

BBS Signature

Response to Jazza Video Interviews & NG Updates 2016-10-30 23:11:31

Jazza, showing master class, as usual.

I love The Week on NG!

I'm looking forward to the portal update, though it would be nice if the classic portal were still accessible, but I know that's takes a lot of space.

Good show, everyone!

If you lived thru the pandemic this is your wake up call to stop being a shithead.

Response to Jazza Video Interviews & NG Updates 2016-10-31 08:55:26

That video popped up on my Twitter feed the other day. Jazza did an awesome job with it, and it was really insightful and even a bit inspiring. Hopefully it creates more awareness for independent animation and helps get more people hopping over here/becoming supporters.

"inside of you are two uncles." - ancient roman proverb

BBS Signature

Response to Jazza Video Interviews & NG Updates 2016-10-31 10:16:43

I love how sleek the buttons are when you go into the audio portal.

When NG revamped itself a while back, the new designs of the buttons were ok, but they've got nothing on the new smooth buttons of the audio portal. I hope to see Newgrounds move into a cleaner more modern direction.

Can't wait to see where everything goes!

I love Newgrounds!!