Respond to this Topic
Roksim
Roksim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Jazza Video Interviews & NG Updates 2016-10-30 11:13:21 Reply

Holy smokes! That was amazing, such an inspiring journey!

ninjamuffin99
ninjamuffin99
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 19
Game Developer
Response to Jazza Video Interviews & NG Updates 2016-10-30 11:17:30 Reply

At 10/30/16 10:42 AM, ZJ wrote:
At 10/28/16 04:16 PM, ninjamuffin99 wrote:
At 10/28/16 03:49 PM, KMatrix11 wrote: (see screenshot).
"eat ass - Google Sear..."
Funniest thing I've seen in a while on here. Good find.

Wow thanks man.

#BringBackBeardFulp

BBS Signature
RigaHeaD
RigaHeaD
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 03
Game Developer
Response to Jazza Video Interviews & NG Updates 2016-10-30 14:04:49 Reply

Cool Stuff :) Watching Jazza Interviews made me think about this industry and I like it.

Nekoyoujo
Nekoyoujo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Jazza Video Interviews & NG Updates 2016-10-30 23:11:31 Reply

Jazza, showing master class, as usual.

I love The Week on NG!

I'm looking forward to the portal update, though it would be nice if the classic portal were still accessible, but I know that's takes a lot of space.

Good show, everyone!

Call me if you need me!
The life of zines and stickers part 1

BBS Signature
heyopc
heyopc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 04
Artist
Response to Jazza Video Interviews & NG Updates 2016-10-31 08:55:26 Reply

That video popped up on my Twitter feed the other day. Jazza did an awesome job with it, and it was really insightful and even a bit inspiring. Hopefully it creates more awareness for independent animation and helps get more people hopping over here/becoming supporters.

ZVCH
ZVCH
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Animator
Response to Jazza Video Interviews & NG Updates 2016-10-31 10:16:43 Reply

I love how sleek the buttons are when you go into the audio portal.

When NG revamped itself a while back, the new designs of the buttons were ok, but they've got nothing on the new smooth buttons of the audio portal. I hope to see Newgrounds move into a cleaner more modern direction.

Can't wait to see where everything goes!

I love Newgrounds!!

Jazza Video Interviews & NG Updates

TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 19
Game Developer
Response to Jazza Video Interviews & NG Updates 2016-10-31 10:31:04 Reply

At 10/31/16 10:16 AM, ZVCH wrote: I love how sleek the buttons are when you go into the audio portal.

Glad you like them! It's a polarizing change - some people prefer the new buttons, some prefer the old. From a technical standpoint, the new buttons don't require any image downloads, we can change them around easily and users ultimately might be able to customize their personal nav.

This is the game JohnnyUtah, Spazkid and I have been working on.

BBS Signature
Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 57
Writer
Response to Jazza Video Interviews & NG Updates 2016-10-31 12:18:20 Reply

At 10/30/16 11:11 PM, Nekoyoujo wrote: I'm looking forward to the portal update, though it would be nice if the classic portal were still accessible, but I know that's takes a lot of space.

Seeing as the Classic Portal finally made it back to the main menu it seems probable it'll stay a while. ;)

Turbo-Assassin
Turbo-Assassin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Jazza Video Interviews & NG Updates 2016-10-31 14:39:58 Reply

@Jazza did a great job making that documentary! I've always wondered why nobody really talks about the indie Flash scene.

Why is it that the "big names" in Flash no longer post here when they get a bit of YouTube fame? Are they contracted not to share their cartoons elsewhere? Or do they think they'll get more ad revenue by focusing their viewership on one channel/ platform?

If I ever got popular I would never sell out!

NG 4 LIFE!

Sundownx
Sundownx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to Jazza Video Interviews & NG Updates 2016-10-31 20:13:36 Reply

Yeah Jazza Documentary was great, i would love to listen to the full length interviews too and not just edited down snippets. But i would recommend it to anyone!

KungFuSpaceBarbarian
KungFuSpaceBarbarian
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 09
Animator
Response to Jazza Video Interviews & NG Updates 2016-10-31 22:04:01 Reply

This video made me start animating again :D fantastic job, watch it if you have time!!

BBS Signature
AlantheBOX
AlantheBOX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Jazza Video Interviews & NG Updates 2016-10-31 23:44:39 Reply

man, that same muppet babies episode is what taught me how to animate too!

At 10/28/16 02:59 PM, TomFulp wrote: @Jazza made a great mini-doc about independent animation, featuring @Egoraptor, @Stamper, @RicePirate, @El-Cid, @RubberNinja and myself. Check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9QYpofBmPs

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 57
Writer

At 10/31/16 02:39 PM, Turbo-Assassin wrote: Why is it that the "big names" in Flash no longer post here when they get a bit of YouTube fame? Are they contracted not to share their cartoons elsewhere? Or do they think they'll get more ad revenue by focusing their viewership on one channel/ platform?

Lack of time, maybe? Or maybe their guilt and shame at not staying true to the one community that birthed their talents leads them to stay away, and distance themselves from their origins!

Though some probably do get contracted. I know it happened with the Xombie series at least, which started here, but had to be taken down due to exclusives and stuff.

If I ever got popular I would never sell out!

NG 4 LIFE!

HELL YEAH!

JK-FlipFlop
JK-FlipFlop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Jazza Video Interviews & NG Updates 2016-11-01 08:37:41 Reply

At 10/28/16 08:08 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 10/28/16 07:45 PM, SpareMatt wrote: Tom, I was thinking since your making newgrounds moblie friendly. You could make an app! Maybe games might take a little while but, the newgrounds radio and movies and portal would be fun on iphone!
We plan to ultimately have an app. Want to get the site itself formatted well on mobile first and proceed from there.

An app? We're finally gonna have an app? I'm curious to know if it's gonna be able to handle loops on the audio portal, considering loop playback is handled by the flash player right now. Also, speaking of loops, we still have that unresolved glitch of not being able to play in loop mode when previewing audio projects.

If you upload music you didn't make for Geometry Dash, you eat penis.

Grub-Xer0
Grub-Xer0
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Programmer
Response to Jazza Video Interviews & NG Updates 2016-11-01 09:55:39 Reply

Newgrounds for life!

NG UOTD 2/4/11 | Con los terroristas

BBS Signature
Kladdelic
Kladdelic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Programmer
Response to Jazza Video Interviews & NG Updates 2016-11-01 10:56:45 Reply

Watched Jazza's video this morning, and it's very cool. Great to see such artists, how came from here to begin with.
I get tons of inspiration from here, and like the diverse community. Very impressed what Tom achieved here. :-)

larrynachos
larrynachos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 23
Musician
Response to Jazza Video Interviews & NG Updates 2016-11-01 12:40:55 Reply

Hey @Tom, could you make it so we can play the audio from our userpage like a playlist, like you've done recently to the audio portal and feed? What if I want to binge-listen to a certain creator?

TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 19
Game Developer
Response to Jazza Video Interviews & NG Updates 2016-11-01 12:49:39 Reply

At 11/1/16 12:40 PM, larrynachos wrote: Hey @Tom, could you make it so we can play the audio from our userpage like a playlist, like you've done recently to the audio portal and feed? What if I want to binge-listen to a certain creator?

This is 100% happening when user pages switch over to the new layout.

BBS Signature
larrynachos
larrynachos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 23
Musician
Response to Jazza Video Interviews & NG Updates 2016-11-01 13:07:51 Reply

At 11/1/16 12:49 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 11/1/16 12:40 PM, larrynachos wrote: Hey @Tom, could you make it so we can play the audio from our userpage like a playlist, like you've done recently to the audio portal and feed? What if I want to binge-listen to a certain creator?
This is 100% happening when user pages switch over to the new layout.

Thanks love you tom <3

Plasmarift
Plasmarift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Writer
Response to Jazza Video Interviews & NG Updates 2016-11-02 04:22:52 Reply

If you see this Tom, thanks for everything. I may not have done much on Newgrounds, but collab-ing with other people, giving feedback, and sharing stuff all started here for me.

TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 19
Game Developer
Response to Jazza Video Interviews & NG Updates 2016-11-02 08:49:33 Reply

At 11/2/16 04:22 AM, Plasmarift wrote: If you see this Tom, thanks for everything. I may not have done much on Newgrounds, but collab-ing with other people, giving feedback, and sharing stuff all started here for me.

Thanks for getting involved with NG!

BBS Signature
iscrulz
iscrulz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to Jazza Video Interviews & NG Updates 2016-11-03 07:24:18 Reply

I love the text ads.

£5 man slut for hire. Inquire within

Wi/Ht? #45

BBS Signature
AcidX
AcidX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate

I did quite enjoy them interviews. In fact, I hadn't seen part 1 or 2 so I watched them all. Nice to put faces to some of these names and voices; as I've always been too poor or messed up to get to an NG social. Yes I loved them and I love these NG updates. I will say, a lot of the new pages look a bit messed up in Safari on my Mac (see attached) but that probably accounts for like >1% of NG traffic so no urgency.

Definitely owe a lot of who I am to Newgrounds. My life and career was shaped by this community, for better or for worse. No matter how shit I feel, how much people put me down.. I can always come here and feel happy again. Like a second home. It's just a shame that local employers don't understand or need my skills. I'd like to give something back in the form of subscription, as I submit very sporadically and infrequently. One day maybe.

I was surprised though, to see Tom mention Adam Phillips and not have an appearance from Adam himself... Considering he's made massive moves and is also in Aussie. Is that because he is worth an entire documentary in himself? :D

hopefully not just because he no longer uses Flash/Adobe :( ...

Don't hate people or individuals. Love everybody. Just hate their dumb ideas, stupid self-absorption and precious beliefs.

BBS Signature
TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 19
Game Developer
Response to Jazza Video Interviews & NG Updates 2016-11-03 09:59:19 Reply

At 11/3/16 09:34 AM, AcidX wrote: I did quite enjoy them interviews. In fact, I hadn't seen part 1 or 2 so I watched them all. Nice to put faces to some of these names and voices; as I've always been too poor or messed up to get to an NG social. Yes I loved them and I love these NG updates. I will say, a lot of the new pages look a bit messed up in Safari on my Mac (see attached) but that probably accounts for like >1% of NG traffic so no urgency.

Oi I need to try this in Safari... But also fuck Apple. Still hopefully we can fix that.

I was surprised though, to see Tom mention Adam Phillips and not have an appearance from Adam himself... Considering he's made massive moves and is also in Aussie. Is that because he is worth an entire documentary in himself? :D
hopefully not just because he no longer uses Flash/Adobe :( ...

I imagine Adam wasn't on Jazza's flight path although they are both in Australia so hopefully some day they can do a sit down. I think they're pretty far apart in Australia.

BBS Signature
AcidX
AcidX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Jazza Video Interviews & NG Updates 2016-11-03 10:14:56 Reply

At 11/3/16 09:59 AM, TomFulp wrote: Oi I need to try this in Safari... But also fuck Apple. Still hopefully we can fix that.

Yep. I used to like the power user advantage but they've really screwed up the last few years and even admitted they have no idea who their audience is anymore. Thinking I might head to Linux.

I think this could be as simple as adding some float: left tags or something to that effect. I've not tested that but hopefully it's just a basic tweak. Safari tends to be really pedantic about hierarchy. The Chat page has a similar bug which is probably related.

I imagine Adam wasn't on Jazza's flight path although they are both in Australia so hopefully some day they can do a sit down. I think they're pretty far apart in Australia.

I look very forward to it :D I've been watching Adam's streams a bit lately and generally follow any interview he has.
Also fuck Jackie Chan.

Don't hate people or individuals. Love everybody. Just hate their dumb ideas, stupid self-absorption and precious beliefs.

BBS Signature
PsychoGoldfish
PsychoGoldfish
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 12
Programmer
Response to Jazza Video Interviews & NG Updates 2016-11-03 10:20:20 Reply

At 11/3/16 09:34 AM, AcidX wrote: I did quite enjoy them interviews. In fact, I hadn't seen part 1 or 2 so I watched them all. Nice to put faces to some of these names and voices; as I've always been too poor or messed up to get to an NG social. Yes I loved them and I love these NG updates. I will say, a lot of the new pages look a bit messed up in Safari on my Mac (see attached) but that probably accounts for like >1% of NG traffic so no urgency.

What version of Safari do you have?

Arch-Angel likes this sig!

BBS Signature
AcidX
AcidX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Jazza Video Interviews & NG Updates 2016-11-03 10:27:31 Reply

At 11/3/16 10:20 AM, PsychoGoldfish wrote: What version of Safari do you have?

Good point, it's probably quite outdated as I've not updated OS for a while.
v8.0.8 (10600.8.9)

BBS Signature
PsychoGoldfish
PsychoGoldfish
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 12
Programmer

At 11/3/16 10:27 AM, AcidX wrote:
At 11/3/16 10:20 AM, PsychoGoldfish wrote: What version of Safari do you have?
Good point, it's probably quite outdated as I've not updated OS for a while.
v8.0.8 (10600.8.9)

Yeah that would do it. 9.1 or newer should get you working. I'm doing a few updates that might help too, but no guarentees.

Arch-Angel likes this sig!

BBS Signature