00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ruthless3r just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Trying to hit Trump

635 Views | 18 Replies

I don't consider myself a Trump supporter, but it really bothers me how the opposite party is trying to hit Trump on his weak spot but are failing so bad. For example the miss universe Alicia Machado story where they bring back how Trump called her miss Piggy because she had an eating disorder and Ms. Housekeeping because she's Latina. Normally I would be like:"Damn good job Hillary, Trump's not standing a chance." But no, it turns out that Machado is tied to a murder attempt. Wich is obviously not helping Hillary. And now people are assuming that Trump thinks veterans are weak, even though he was obviously wanting to help. Hillary is not hitting him clean, does this bother you or not at all?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3810484/Miss-Universe-fat-shamed-Donald-Trump-accused-threatening-kill-judge-accomplice-MURDER-native-Venezuela.html

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trump-fire-comments-veterans-ptsd/story?id=42536616

Response to Trying to hit Trump 2016-10-03 19:46:37

Well, there's the NYT bombshell that Trump hasn't paid taxes in decades which had him melting down at a rally last night. He tried to "slut shame" call Hillary an adulterer (implied it anyway), and then said if he loses it's voter fraud.

He's being hit by these things, let me tell you. The more bizarre and out there his comments get, it's a clear sign an attack is rattling him, we've seen that over and over since he got into the race.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to Trying to hit Trump 2016-10-04 13:08:10 (edited 2016-10-04 13:11:55)

At 10/4/16 03:46 AM, hektikmusic wrote: There's also a video with him and Miss Universe '95 that clearly shows the two of them getting along quite nicely and doesn't exactly go along with the narrative.

You mean like this video with '97 Miss Universe getting upset that Trump not only was accusing her of getting fat, but was also garnering a poll on whether or not it was an issue for the public (it wasn't).

I will be fair, though, Trump did let her stay as Ms. Universe. Kind of terrible in general, but I will concede Trump letting her stay despite the rules stating she didn't need to remain. Having the media follow her into the gym as a surprise public farce, though? Still fucked up - being slightly less messed up doesn't excuse that behavior.

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

Response to Trying to hit Trump 2016-10-04 19:33:42

At 10/4/16 03:46 AM, hektikmusic wrote: Oh well, it was 20 years ago and is irrelevant.

By itself? Yes, yes it is. But it wasn't brought up in the context of "look, this ONE incident proves he's horrible to women and doesn't respect them". This was brought up along with numerous other examples of Trump shaming women and treating them poorly and most of the pubic not supporting that.

His tax avoidance was completely legal.

Legal, but a candidate trying to run on the idea of "dead beats" and takers and frauds and helping the underfunded programs....and then he doesn't pay towards ANY of those programs? He isn't walking the walk to back up his talk. Come on guys, this is basic. There is also a component of what is "legal" and what is "right, and those not always being the same thing. As a for instance, it's legal for me to insult you and call you nasty names if I choose to. Does that make it right for me to do so? I don't think so, I'm guessing you probably don't either. Same thing here.

Hillary actually did the same thing on her 2015 tax returns for the amount of 699k.

Source? Also, keep in mind even if you can prove this, you're talking about 1 YEAR. The NYT has evidence accusing Trump of dodging taxes for about 20. The two things are not equivalent. This is another thing killing me in this election....all the attempts to compare apples to oranges and if you point out that's what someone is doing they tell you to die.

While Trump shouldn't have bragged about it, it just highlights the need for tax reform that Trump is proposing.

Tax reform sure....but the kind he wants makes life easier for him and his friends and EXPLODES the debt.

I don't care about what he's done for himself to save money, I care about what he's going to do for America.

What makes you think he'll be that greedy for America? This is really the crux of the businessman argument: "If they're this greedy for themselves, imagine what they'll do for America". Well....no, if they're greedy, if they want to die with all the toys so they can feel like they won....why wouldn't they just get in there and make it easier for them to do that when they're gone and fuck everybody else who isn't them?

No federal income tax on individuals make less than 25k and families making 50k? That's fantastic!!

Sure....until the economy crashes and the debt goes up again. Taxes are a necessary evil, there is such a thing as too much taxation, but the idea that we can just rip this kind of money out of the government and yet still pay for all the services, departments, and basic things we need? It just doesn't work.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to Trying to hit Trump 2016-10-05 09:13:51

dgaf, miss universe is contractually obligated to stay a certain shape. dgaf about women who choose to be judged on their physical appearance....being judged by their physical appearance.

dgaf about his ptsd comment, taken out of context or not, some people are stronger than others and more capable of dealing.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to Trying to hit Trump 2016-10-05 09:41:11

At 10/5/16 09:32 AM, gumOnShoe wrote:
At 10/5/16 09:13 AM, billybobthwarten wrote: dgaf about his ptsd comment, taken out of context or not, some people are stronger than others and more capable of dealing.
That's not even what he said.

no, it's not, but it's the story left leaning media chose to run with.

dgaf, miss universe is contractually obligated to stay a certain shape. dgaf about women who choose to be judged on their physical appearance....being judged by their physical appearance.
It could be argued that Miss Universe won the competition, playing by the rules and then decided to live her life.

then she didn't follow the rules, as long as she was miss universe, she was required to stay in shape.

another nonissue falsely being made into something world shattering.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to Trying to hit Trump 2016-10-05 10:00:23 (edited 2016-10-05 10:04:37)

At 10/5/16 09:13 AM, billybobthwarten wrote: dgaf, miss universe is contractually obligated to stay a certain shape. dgaf about women who choose to be judged on their physical appearance....being judged by their physical appearance.

Y'know? You're 100% correct on this point - Miss Universe is contractually obligated to maintain her weight, and Trump (as well as the other operators of the competition) had every right to drop her as Miss Universe.

Now that's out of the way, let me say that this doesn't change the fact that Trump spent an inordinate amount of time humiliating her, both in private (Miss Piggy and Miss Housekeeping are actually pretty terrible, as far as derogatory terms go), and in public (calling her fat in an interview, bringing in the media to watch her routine while saying "She has an eating problem").

You're right to say there are rules that were broken by Alicia by her weight gain, but that's really not the part that hurt Trump most. If he were smart he could come in with your defense (weight gain IS against the rules), and even add that he DID defend her title regardless of the rules (as I linked earlier), which would've cast a shitload of shade on Hillary's well crafted plan, but he is not smart - he went on to continue to say Alicia was fat and it was "a real problem".

The fact that you, Billybob, are smarter than Trump in his defense speaks fucking volumes to why you really shouldn't support him, as leader of America.

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

Response to Trying to hit Trump 2016-10-05 10:19:12

At 10/5/16 10:00 AM, Gario wrote:
The fact that you, Billybob, are smarter than Trump in his defense speaks fucking volumes to why you really shouldn't support him, as leader of America.

pretty much any controversy related to the man, i believe my response trumps his own in sensibility and political know how.

for me though, it's certainly a giant douche vs turd sandwich situation. there's plenty i don't like about trump, but there's pretty much zero i like about hilary.

Response to Trying to hit Trump 2016-10-05 10:56:06

At 10/5/16 10:19 AM, billybobthwarten wrote:
pretty much any controversy related to the man, i believe my response trumps his own in sensibility and political know how.

Yeah, as is most people's responses to Trump. I'd feel safer if you were running for president, but you aren't - Trump is. I'd be more comfortable if North Korea attacked South Korea under your watchful eye than Trump's. If Russia attacked one of our NATO allies, you would handle it better than Trump.

Does any of that give you comfort? It really shouldn't.

Response to Trying to hit Trump 2016-10-05 11:00:12 (edited 2016-10-05 11:04:45)

At 10/5/16 10:00 AM, Gario wrote:

Just like when Trump said that Obama founded ISIS. His team defended him pretty good. I mean it's pretty hard to defend such a reckles statement and then he kept confirming what he said. I don't know what he's trying but it's like he's dumber than the people who work for him.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/trump-spokeswoman-president-obama-started-afghanistan-war-article-1.2750248

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/08/11/politics/donald-trump-hugh-hewitt-obama-founder-isis/

Response to Trying to hit Trump 2016-10-05 12:13:08

At 10/5/16 09:41 AM, billybobthwarten wrote: no, it's not, but it's the story left leaning media chose to run with.

Kind of like all the stuff that's been blown out of proportion with Hillary by the right. That's why you can't trust super biased sources that lean in one direction or the other. While I agree with everything gum said, I do think Trump DID make a gaff there when he used the word "strong" that word should have been nowhere near his comments on the issue because it's very easy to use that and skip (not even jump) that over to "he inferred people who have PTSD and kill themselves are weak". The other gaff to me is that Trump didn't come out and say what I just said: I care about this issue strongly, and I used an unfortunate word choice that's getting blown way out of context. I regret that and I hope I can be forgiven. But the fact that he never does stuff like this hurts him to my mind. Especially because it fits a narrative he's already created by saying John McCain wasn't a war hero because he was captured, or attacking the Khans (a Gold Star Family) who spoke at the Democratic convention: Donald Trump doesn't respect the military. When he makes these statements, he feeds into that narrative his opponents are trying to create.

another nonissue falsely being made into something world shattering.

As I've tried to explain elsewhere, this is a case of misreporting, or missing the narrative (either intentional or not). The issue in and of itself DOES look bad. The comments, and there's videos showing Trump trying to shame her in interviews and elsewhere and then there's that poll he tried to do where the majority of the public disagreed and didn't care that she gained some weight. But that is again, only part of the problem for him and the narrative being built. Go back to the debate (which I did watch so I know of what I speak), when Hillary brings this up, it's within the context of the LARGER narrative she's trying to craft, and that narrative is: Trump is hostile to women. Machado was brought up along with many other examples to build and push the narrative. Since most of the other examples had already been used as fodder by the media earlier, and the Machado thing was so old some of the electorate might not remember it, that was what they seized on and ran with. The problem then became that it gave some the false notion that this one example was the totality of the story, rather then an example and a part of the larger narrative.

Too many people like yourself focus on the micro of these things, the single event, and ignore the obvious that it's part of the larger narrative. The larger CASE that is being built, brick by brick, to say Trump is not fit to be President. Which is kind of amazing because I see people spouting the narrative in total that Trump and his campaign have tried to put together with Hillary. So either you're aware of the disconnect and willfully perpetuating it....or you are just being a broken record for one side's narrative, not realizing you ARE in fact parroting a narrative and therefore you can't recognize when the other side does it.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to Trying to hit Trump 2016-10-05 13:46:11

If you look at the whole Alicia Machado objectively, it was clearly bait. The narrative that Trump is a misogynist is already well established, and this could have just been another dismiss-able example.

But Trump took the bait, went on a Twitter rampage and did all the real campaign damage himself. His #1 weakness is his inability to ignore anything that is said about him.

Response to Trying to hit Trump 2016-10-05 14:28:35

At 10/5/16 01:46 PM, PsychoGoldfish wrote: But Trump took the bait, went on a Twitter rampage and did all the real campaign damage himself. His #1 weakness is his inability to ignore anything that is said about him.

Which also feeds into the "temperment" narrative. It really has been a pretty sound strategy on Hillary's part to try and keep a low profile and try not to make mistakes and just bait Trump and let him do all the damage himself and then all she has to do is walk in and go "do you really want this guy?"

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to Trying to hit Trump 2016-10-05 14:34:41

At 10/5/16 02:28 PM, aviewaskewed wrote:
At 10/5/16 01:46 PM, PsychoGoldfish wrote: But Trump took the bait, went on a Twitter rampage and did all the real campaign damage himself. His #1 weakness is his inability to ignore anything that is said about him.
Which also feeds into the "temperment" narrative. It really has been a pretty sound strategy on Hillary's part to try and keep a low profile and try not to make mistakes and just bait Trump and let him do all the damage himself and then all she has to do is walk in and go "do you really want this guy?"

As Lincoln once said, "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Trump has repeatedly removed all doubt.

Response to Trying to hit Trump 2016-10-05 15:02:19

At 10/5/16 02:34 PM, PsychoGoldfish wrote: As Lincoln once said, "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Trump has repeatedly removed all doubt.

What continues to baffle me is all the effort and time, both intentional and seemingly unintentional that have normalized probably the worst candidate for President there's ever been on a major party ticket. Especially when I contrast that with the absolute drubbings that Jill Stein and Gary Johnson have taken from the press during their candidacies (and no, I am not defending them, those drubbings are completely deserved. But at least in the case of Johnson we have someone who does have actual experience at running a campaign, getting elected, and doing the work of an elected official). To me all three of them should be getting the same kind of coverage as laughable candidates. But I think I'm starting to wander off into a can of worms that's probably been covered elsewhere, or should be covered elsewhere.

But yeah, the greater point for me is this guy is so so easy to hit. Even the easiest to laugh off or dismiss point riles him and provokes insane late night twitter rants. What he really should be doing it seems clear to me after last night's debate is taking more pointers from Mike Pence who did a masterful job denying and shrugging off all of Trump's blatantly horrible and wrong headed statements and stayed cool, calm, and collected and basically forced Kaine to be the flustered attack dog. Unfortunately how he seemed and appeared mattered much more then the bullshit he was spewing and people feel he won that debate because of it.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to Trying to hit Trump 2016-10-05 15:19:12

Hillary is evil. She will kill all memes and make other people look bad.

Response to Trying to hit Trump 2016-10-06 15:33:49

At 10/5/16 03:19 PM, ihaveacrushonalphys wrote: Hillary is evil. She will kill all memes and make other people look bad.

I know some people, some very smart people, really some of the smartest in the world, and this is what they're saying.

They're saying bad things, terrible things, about Hillary, the body of evidence is getting pretty huge. It's enormous, really, but I don't want to blow all of this out of proportion.

Obviously, I (Trump) am winning. I won the debate, I have the best moral character, and the polls show just how much of a winner America will be when they make me the winner I am.

Remember chauvinism? Great wasn't it? I'm gonna bring it back.

I'm going to make America Great again. /satire

This is a song about death. It's on mandolin.

Hate is the first step to all solutions.

You will not end bigotry until you learn to hate it.

BBS Signature

Response to Trying to hit Trump 2016-10-06 15:41:06

At 10/6/16 03:33 PM, FUNKbrs wrote:

Well FUNK that

Response to Trying to hit Trump 2016-10-07 22:17:36

Oh. I thought you meant like a hitman