00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Reisaki just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Help with Gathering Resources

330 Views | 1 Reply
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Help with Gathering Resources 2016-10-01 10:53:52

First off, Hi! I'm new around here. Not to the site itself, as I've popped in now and again since I was a kid, but to the community. For whatever reason I feel incredibly nervous to ask a large and likley very helpful community of aspiring animators for such a simple thing. (it feels like I'm trying to give a speech in front of a large classroom pr something)

Okay, so, I have the software (Anime Studio 9), and the basic knowedge of how said software works, so in a few hours I could reacte and rig up a model for animation, but aside from my collection of video game soundtracks for possible music, I dont have many other resources at the moment. I'd like to stock up on a few before doing anything major instead of just going and picking them up one by one as needed

Where would you recommend I find some resources, like stock images and sound effects, for me to use? (aside form Newgrounds itself, obviously) And regarding Newgrounds, what would be the proper etiquette if I found some nice loop on the Audio Portal and wanted to use that, or used something from the Art Portal (say, a simplistic city landscape) in a scene establishing shot? Are there other possible key resources I may be forgetting?

Thank you, have a nice day! <^v^7

At 10/1/16 10:53 AM, Planet-i-Studios wrote: First off, Hi! I'm new around here. Not to the site itself, as I've popped in now and again since I was a kid, but to the community. For whatever reason I feel incredibly nervous to ask a large and likley very helpful community of aspiring animators for such a simple thing. (it feels like I'm trying to give a speech in front of a large classroom pr something)

Welcome :)

Okay, so, I have the software (Anime Studio 9), and the basic knowedge of how said software works, so in a few hours I could reacte and rig up a model for animation, but aside from my collection of video game soundtracks for possible music, I dont have many other resources at the moment. I'd like to stock up on a few before doing anything major instead of just going and picking them up one by one as needed

The software seems very limited for animation. Aside from here on NG you can really just search for 'royalty free music' on google or youtube to find a chunk of free music. There are specific channels dedicated to that. While it's free, crediting them is still appropriate.

Where would you recommend I find some resources, like stock images and sound effects, for me to use? (aside form Newgrounds itself, obviously) And regarding Newgrounds, what would be the proper etiquette if I found some nice loop on the Audio Portal and wanted to use that, or used something from the Art Portal (say, a simplistic city landscape) in a scene establishing shot? Are there other possible key resources I may be forgetting?

Whether you want to make use of anything from either the art or audio portal, you should look at the licensing terms first. Those can be found towards the bottom left of the same page of any art piece or soundtrack here on NG. The terms are pretty self explanatory. Some terms require permission from the owner, but when you want to use something from someone else, look if they are still active as a user. It's hard to arrange a deal with the owner if they are not likely to respond, in which case you will have to find something else.

I can't say I use stock images, but for references or texture overlays I google it on an individual basis. As for sound effects you can look on places like freesound. Don't forget to pay attention to the licensing terms there as well. For references on animating movements you can use sites like these.