00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Abusive reviews 2016-09-28 17:52:57

How come this got removed, even though it was true and the animation was already taken down before this review even got deleted.

Abusive reviews

Response to Abusive reviews 2016-09-28 17:53:13

but this is still there?

Abusive reviews

Response to Abusive reviews 2016-09-28 18:09:08

My guess is more people reported the first one.

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Abusive reviews 2016-09-28 18:10:58

At 9/28/16 06:09 PM, Decky wrote: My guess is more people reported the first one.

for what reason?

Response to Abusive reviews 2016-09-28 18:30:26 (edited 2016-09-28 18:31:13)

At 9/28/16 05:52 PM, NightRaid-NG wrote: How come this got removed, even though it was true and the animation was already taken down before this review even got deleted.

The first review breaks the rules because it is claiming a submissions is stolen. Whether it is or is not, the review space is NOT the place to point it out.

The correct method, assuming it already passed judgement, is to pm a portal mod or admin to handle such issue. Band wagons happen REALLY quickly and you do not want to influence someone to flag unfairly based off a review or give low marks. There is no rule that states a flash can not appear on more than one website.

As for your second review, you REALLY need to spend more time and effort on your reviews. We don't mind short reviews or nice comments, but repeated crap is frowned upon and risks have those reviews removed or possible ban for you to think about your next review.

Edit:
Also, decky probably right, flags were probably heavier on the first than second.

NG Review Moderator // Pm me for Review Abuse

BBS Signature

Response to Abusive reviews 2016-09-28 18:48:56

At 9/28/16 06:30 PM, kidray76 wrote: As for your second review, you REALLY need to spend more time and effort on your reviews. We don't mind short reviews or nice comments, but repeated crap is frowned upon and risks have those reviews removed or possible ban for you to think about your next review.

i didn't make that second review

Response to Abusive reviews 2016-09-29 04:08:50

At 9/28/16 06:10 PM, NightRaid-NG wrote:
At 9/28/16 06:09 PM, Decky wrote: My guess is more people reported the first one.
for what reason?

Probably because it goes against the guidelines, yet one-word reviews are a gray area, unless the reviewer posts a lot of them. Or they're abusive.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Abusive reviews 2016-09-29 09:00:18

At 9/29/16 04:08 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 9/28/16 06:10 PM, NightRaid-NG wrote:
for what reason?
Probably because it goes against the guidelines, yet one-word reviews are a gray area, unless the reviewer posts a lot of them. Or they're abusive.

Also, there's still always the "useless" rating. Not everything that's useless is also abusive.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Abusive reviews 2016-09-29 09:28:48

At 9/29/16 09:00 AM, DamnedByFate wrote: Also, there's still always the "useless" rating. Not everything that's useless is also abusive.

Right. If it's not clearly abusive, it's hard to flag. The less words, the less clear. :P Unless: certain words...

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Abusive reviews 2016-09-29 13:03:32

At 9/29/16 09:28 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 9/29/16 09:00 AM, DamnedByFate wrote: Also, there's still always the "useless" rating. Not everything that's useless is also abusive.
Right. If it's not clearly abusive, it's hard to flag. The less words, the less clear. :P Unless: certain words...

Regarding the review in question, saying "help" and nothing else is most definitely useless, but I'm not sure if it's abusive. Now if that person was posting that on every submission they came across, that would violate the rule of "posting tons of crappy reviews just to get high in the rankings", but as it is, I wouldn't flag that one.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature