00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

YoungInfamous just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Skipping Class

443 Views | 10 Replies

Skipping Class 2016-09-28 13:46:01

So today i was heading to my class but hit some heavy traffic that made me super late. By the time i finally got to school, found parking, and got to the classroom, i had already missed 80% of the class. I figured at this point i'd have no idea what the teacher was talking about and it would be pointless to go. This just made me wonder at what point do you consider skipping class justified?

Response to Skipping Class 2016-09-28 13:48:42

At the point in which I feel like I have enough money to just throw away hundreds of dollars (in classes) and not show up.

Which is never.

Response to Skipping Class 2016-09-28 14:14:09

You should have still went so you could at least get attendence for the class. Too many absence days will end up getting you a WU.

Response to Skipping Class 2016-09-28 14:22:24

You shouldn't walk in if you're missed that much of the class, anyway. Your professor will just think you're a huge asshole.

Response to Skipping Class 2016-09-28 14:57:28

In high school, if you skipped class, the school would call home and my mother (who's a homemaker) would get the call and go ballistic.

In college, I paid my own tuition, so why would I skip out on something I'm shelling money for?

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Skipping Class 2016-09-28 15:31:04

Normally I'd want to skip school just because I'm not in the mood, nowadays I want to skip school just to prepare myself for tests or homework.

Response to Skipping Class 2016-09-28 18:12:55

My mom let me skip all the time in high school, and when I went to undergrad I skipped most of the time my freshman/sophomore years. After taking my Ged Ed's and actually starting classes that I enjoyed, I stopped skipping.

As much as I hate coming, I haven't missed any of my grad school classes and don't want to miss any of them.

BBS Signature

Response to Skipping Class 2016-09-28 20:15:46

Hooky is never justified.
You're just lazy and are trying to find a poor excuse to squirm your way out of this.

actually, you can skip all you want, just hand in your assignments and be as charismatic as possible, teachers fall for that shit all the time, i made myself some special "teacher's pet" privileges back when I was in school, despite being a terrible student, i actually had the teacher hugging me everyday, made me think if i wanted it, i could've got head, lolwut

Response to Skipping Class 2016-09-28 21:39:56

I think it's fine in this case

Response to Skipping Class 2016-09-28 22:35:11

I used to skip class quite a bit. And then I ended having to repeat those classes.

You haven't seen me yet.

Response to Skipping Class 2016-09-28 23:36:50

When being there means nothing.

My last 2 years of public school I ditched a lot. The first year because they liked marking me as absent even though I was there which ruined my grades. The second year since the previous year got me stuck in a weird limbo of grades. I was a 8th, 9th, and 10th grader.

Once I was old enough to get outta there I did to a different school type which actually gave me my actual grades. Not all A's but not one F.