00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

a125678298 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Should the video game forum merge?

1,383 Views | 27 Replies

I mean who actually seriously uses it now? Would it not just be easier to merge it with general forum now??

Should the video game forum merge?

filler text

Response to Should the video game forum merge? 2016-09-25 04:59:21

I think the whole point of separating the forums in the first place was to keep threads about the latest, hottest games from drowning out the rest of General.

IMO Politics and General should be merged.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Should the video game forum merge? 2016-09-25 05:05:44

At 9/25/16 04:59 AM, Painbringer wrote: I think the whole point of separating the forums in the first place was to keep threads about the latest, hottest games from drowning out the rest of General.

IMO Politics and General should be merged.

The political forum has a completely different culture than the general BBS. The video game forum, on the hand, isn't that active and doesn't really have that much of a different culture from the general BBS

filler text

Response to Should the video game forum merge? 2016-09-25 06:29:02

At 9/25/16 04:20 AM, GrizzlyOne wrote: I mean who actually seriously uses it now? Would it not just be easier to merge it with general forum now??

As an outsider, that does look pretty fucking awful. I glanced at a few of those threads and they were absolutely crap.
I'll delete a few if they're blatantly cloned from another games website.

BBS Signature

Response to Should the video game forum merge? 2016-09-25 06:40:51

At 9/25/16 06:29 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 9/25/16 04:20 AM, GrizzlyOne wrote: I mean who actually seriously uses it now? Would it not just be easier to merge it with general forum now??
As an outsider, that does look pretty fucking awful. I glanced at a few of those threads and they were absolutely crap.
I'll delete a few if they're blatantly cloned from another games website.

No, don't. It is funnier with all of threads up. I think the video game forum should eventually be merged with the general because even without Strongbad, hardly anyone uses it anymore, and it would give the general forum more discussion.

filler text

The Video Game forum should be purged, not combined with the General forum. The General forum doesn't need to become as dead as the Video Game forum.

At 9/25/16 06:40 AM, GrizzlyOne wrote:
I think the video game forum should eventually be merged with the general because even without Strongbad, hardly anyone uses it anymore

Strongbad IS the reason the Video Game forum is hardly used anymore. That whole forum is a fucking eyesore. I don't blame the NG community for not wanting to post in it.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to Should the video game forum merge? 2016-09-25 08:01:47

At 9/25/16 07:27 AM, DeftonesFan665 wrote:

Strongbad IS the reason the Video Game forum is hardly used anymore. That whole forum is a fucking eyesore. I don't blame the NG community for not wanting to post in it.

I remember it was pretty inactive even before Strongbad started posted in it

filler text

Response to Should the video game forum merge? 2016-09-25 08:06:05

Seems a bit like throwing the baby out with the bath water. Maybe it would be best if users who post VG stuff in General are encouraged to post in VG while a certain user is discouraged from flooding the pages.

BBS Signature

At 9/25/16 09:53 AM, NekoMika wrote: On the weeks DSB is not padding his own post count or possibly stealing posts from other forums to post in the Video Game forum, the forum is semi-active with decent topics. DSB really is killing off that forum by spamming topics on it, thus why people do not seem to be using it as much.

I think it could be superior to what it is now, for example, if we integrated it into the general forum, we could have interesting, big threads for new video games that come out and interesting discussion, but because the forum is its own separate entity, that doesn't happen as much which I think is a loss of potential.

I go on a smaller forum, and it works much better as far as activity goes to merge forums that are otherwise not that active. I think the video game forum should be removed/merged with the general forum because its culture isn't much different compared to the general forum, and we would also see more discussion on video game threads instead of the 10 people or so that go on there.

filler text

Response to Should the video game forum merge? 2016-09-25 10:49:42

The video game forum has been infected with cancer. Merging it with General would only make General more cancerous, which is not advised because we're already needing some serious chemo here from a few retarded users.

Response to Should the video game forum merge? 2016-09-25 11:08:56

I'm still waiting on a sub-forum strictly for crews, and not clubs.

Response to Should the video game forum merge? 2016-09-25 11:43:13

We should just frame DoctorStrongBad for something and get him permabanned.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

At 9/25/16 11:43 AM, Chdonga wrote: We should just frame DoctorStrongBad for something and get him permabanned.

Man that is bullying and mean spirited. He hasn't actually much anything that's objectively wrong.

filler text

Response to Should the video game forum merge? 2016-09-25 13:24:52

or... people could post where they should and mods could move threads to appropriate sections.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to Should the video game forum merge? 2016-09-25 14:55:16

At 9/25/16 11:49 AM, GrizzlyOne wrote:
At 9/25/16 11:43 AM, Chdonga wrote: We should just frame DoctorStrongBad for something and get him permabanned.
Man that is bullying and mean spirited. He hasn't actually much anything that's objectively wrong.

Fiiiiiine.

Maybe we should ask him nicely to calm down.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Should the video game forum merge? 2016-09-25 15:10:37

DSB posts so damn much that I have to think harder about threads he didnt make :I

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Should the video game forum merge? 2016-09-25 19:57:01

At 9/25/16 03:10 PM, Wegra wrote: DSB posts so damn much that I have to think harder about threads he didnt make :I

You're just jealous that he stole your spotlight!

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Should the video game forum merge? 2016-09-25 20:06:10

At 9/25/16 02:55 PM, Chdonga wrote:
Fiiiiiine.

Maybe we should ask him nicely to calm down.

Maybe a mod should ban him for making lackluster forum posts. I should know since that's happened to me in 2014, though I haven't been banned for that ever since.

Response to Should the video game forum merge? 2016-09-25 20:12:11

At 9/25/16 08:06 PM, TheGamechanger wrote: Maybe a mod should ban him for making lackluster forum posts. I should know since that's happened to me in 2014, though I haven't been banned for that ever since.

They seem to only target noobs for some reason.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

At 9/25/16 08:12 PM, Painbringer wrote:
At 9/25/16 08:06 PM, TheGamechanger wrote: Maybe a mod should ban him for making lackluster forum posts. I should know since that's happened to me in 2014, though I haven't been banned for that ever since.
They seem to only target noobs for some reason.

Must be some kind of twisted "Welcome to Newgrounds" greeting.

On a more serious note, I do remember to name of one of the mods who banned me for that. To avoid controversy I'm not going to tell you who did it on the forums for everyone to see. I might be willing to tell you via PM, as long as you promise not to spread the information around too much since I'm trying to avoid controversy.

EDIT: Screw it, I'll tell you anyway. If I'm remembering correctly, Auz banned me for it, although he was actually the second mod to banned me for it. I don't remember which mod banned me the first time.

At 9/25/16 09:25 PM, Loki wrote:
his account should be deleted. that would be a good laugh.

Or at least delete all of DrStrongbad's forum posts and medals.

Response to Should the video game forum merge? 2016-09-25 21:58:46

It was originally created to reduce clutter in the general forum, but since that really isn't an issue anymore it probably should be merged.

Response to Should the video game forum merge? 2016-09-25 22:27:16

One reason it was made was because we had a lot of video game threads here in the General forum. Not as many people frequent it anymore, because I guess they ran out of stuff to talk about. That includes me.

Response to Should the video game forum merge? 2016-09-25 22:39:04

At 9/25/16 07:57 PM, Painbringer wrote:
At 9/25/16 03:10 PM, Wegra wrote: DSB posts so damn much that I have to think harder about threads he didnt make :I
You're just jealous that he stole your spotlight!

Damn straight same goes for @Thegamechanger

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Should the video game forum merge? 2016-09-26 00:01:16

At 9/25/16 10:27 PM, The-Great-One wrote: I guess they ran out of stuff to talk about. That includes me.

As long as there are new games coming out, there'll always be something to talk about.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Should the video game forum merge? 2016-09-26 17:56:11

The VG forum used to be okay....now its not so much. I used to post there a lot, but recently its just been all downhill. I wish it could go back to being better.

On topic though, I dont think the 2 forums should merge. Theres still enough to talk about to separate the two, and merging them would just be a bad idea for everyone

Response to Should the video game forum merge? 2016-09-27 05:44:18

Pfft, that's where you're wrong.

BBS Signature

Response to Should the video game forum merge? 2016-09-27 05:55:55

At 9/27/16 05:52 AM, Ishmaelist wrote:
Why is it wrong to entertain BBS users by keeping them up to date with the latest news?

I never said that it was wrong. That's not even what I'm taking about.

BBS Signature