00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What's your fave horror game?

2,226 Views | 32 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

What's your fave horror game? 2016-09-22 00:13:08

My personal fave is Dead Space.

There is no feeling as orgasmic as shoving a vibrator in your ear, well, except for shoving firecrackers up your asshole.

BBS Signature

Response to What's your fave horror game? 2016-09-24 13:15:34

At 9/22/16 12:25 AM, RebelLouiz wrote: Outlast. Alien Isolation.

i have to honestly agree with outlast and i cant wait for number 2

Response to What's your fave horror game? 2016-09-24 13:59:27

Dino Crisis.

It's a classic Resident Evil game but with dinosaurs and needlessly complex crafting and door-unlocking systems! Hooray!

Also the bit where the T. Rex comes through the window is the best jump scare of all time.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

It's not that I've ever gotten scared by it, but Left 4 Dead man. Shit's swood as fug. Resident Evil Revelations is also great.

At 9/24/16 10:10 PM, DELUCA2400 wrote: Eternal Darkness

I've had it for a long time now, and I've tried to play it so but it's just way too slow for me in the past. I guess I should try it again huh? (:

Response to What's your fave horror game? 2016-09-25 13:23:51

Silent hill 3 and Resident Evil 2. and to a looser sense of the word Doom

Response to What's your fave horror game? 2016-09-25 14:37:21

Probably System Shock 2. It's old and has terrible graphics, but I think it's still an excellent RPG/shooter with a great horror atmosphere.

Dead Space was inspired by SS2, but to be honest I did not like Dead Space nearly as much. It relied a little too much on jump scares in my opinion, to the point where it became obnoxious. Admittedly, I never finished it since I couldn't complete the asteroid part in chapter 4.

Anyway, I also enjoyed Resident Evil 4 and BioShock, though they are pretty tame for horror games.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to What's your fave horror game? 2016-09-25 18:21:04

At 9/25/16 01:23 PM, argile wrote: Silent hill 3 and Resident Evil 2. and to a looser sense of the word Doom

And Splatterhouse by Namco

Response to What's your fave horror game? 2016-09-27 12:33:15

The Witch's House.

Response to What's your fave horror game? 2016-09-27 15:06:17

I'm starting in on a handful of them for the upcoming season. Favorite is still Eternal Darkness (by a long shot!) I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream is a close second. The concept of AM and how it had affected the planet scares me a little.

Just finished SOMA, and it has a fantastic atmosphere, talented voice acting, and even a good story. I just hated the long periods of boring nothingness, which didn't build up any suspense for me, along with completing those puzzles which always took me out of the experience. Oh well. Now, it's onto Pony Island. I hope it has a nice chill to it, and I'm sure it's totally about ponies, too.

Response to What's your fave horror game? 2016-09-27 16:01:13

Realms of the Haunting
Doom (1993)
Quake (1996)

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

It shouldn't really class as horror - more like thriller, but the whole Resident Evil franchise... except No 6. First and fourth especially.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to What's your fave horror game? 2016-10-02 01:32:43

One of the real grand daddies or the Survival Horror genre: Silent Hill

Example of scares (not over-saturated) in this game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPygeTmvQlE

I was born ready. My eyelashes, alas, were not.

BBS Signature

Response to What's your fave horror game? 2016-10-10 22:49:27

Silent Hill 2
Fatal Frame 2: Crimson Butterfly
Amnesia: The Dark Decent
Resident Evil 2
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
Alien: Isolation

Response to What's your fave horror game? 2016-10-11 03:32:55

Response to What's your fave horror game? 2016-10-16 10:19:28

Silent Hill for the Playstation. The game, the myth, the legend. Combined the good parts of fixed camera and 3rd person camera gameplay with horror ambiance and a large overworld, sizable interiors and some good ol' scary spooky bloody corpses, so you could almost forgive the tank controls. I personally only like the first 3 in the series, though. I think Amnesia was good, because it gives you a feeling of hopelessness and panic.

I was born ready. My eyelashes, alas, were not.

BBS Signature

Response to What's your fave horror game? 2016-10-16 13:01:53

Resident evil 1

I turn water into water

BBS Signature

Response to What's your fave horror game? 2016-10-17 05:04:05

Resident Evil 4.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to What's your fave horror game? 2016-10-17 07:29:57

At 10/17/16 05:04 AM, DeftonesFan665 wrote: Resident Evil 4.

Probably one of my most played game at this point. Started first on GC when it came out, then on PC a few years later, then with the HD re-release not so long ago, going through the difficulties, and side-games on each difficulty, and at least a few additional replays on each one to really be done with it... feeling pretty done with it atm. RE1 remake's up next!

BBS Signature

Response to What's your fave horror game? 2016-10-17 21:23:07

At 10/17/16 07:29 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 10/17/16 05:04 AM, DeftonesFan665 wrote: Resident Evil 4.
Probably one of my most played game at this point. Started first on GC when it came out, then on PC a few years later, then with the HD re-release not so long ago, going through the difficulties, and side-games on each difficulty, and at least a few additional replays on each one to really be done with it... feeling pretty done with it atm. RE1 remake's up next!

It's one of my most played games, too. I need to get back around to it and try to beat it on Professional.

BBS Signature

Response to What's your fave horror game? 2016-10-18 05:03:59

Horror isn't a genre that I play too much of, but my favourite game of all time happens to be a horror game, and that's Deadly Premonition. It's more psychological horror (I think?) than straight up horror, but I can't get enough of it. Really hoping for a follow-up game but a little anxious that they lose the B-movie feel of it.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

At 10/17/16 09:23 PM, DeftonesFan665 wrote: It's one of my most played games, too. I need to get back around to it and try to beat it on Professional.

Ah, you have something to look forward to there! Along with Assignment: Ada and Separate Ways. :) Not really the same thing once it's all accomplished, with infinite ammo, and bulletproof suits and all that... wish the first adventure lasted a few times longer. But compared to other games, it really was a long adventure.

BBS Signature

Response to What's your fave horror game? 2016-10-18 17:07:42

My fav is Elsa haves a foot surgery.Well that shit is mostly evil at my opinion.
Seriously,the best at my opinion is the Rule of Rose.

Response to What's your fave horror game? 2016-10-18 17:13:35

I don't think I've ever played a horror game.

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to What's your fave horror game? 2016-10-18 18:05:23

I'd have to say that for me it's a close call between Outlast and Condemned

Heavy Vibes

BBS Signature

Response to What's your fave horror game? 2016-10-18 22:46:39

Borderlands: The pre-sequel.

oh the horror.

"It's called consolidation; strengthen governments and corporations, weaken individuals."

I also draw stuff. Here's some of it.

BBS Signature

Response to What's your fave horror game? 2016-10-18 23:21:48

At 10/18/16 07:58 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 10/17/16 09:23 PM, DeftonesFan665 wrote: It's one of my most played games, too. I need to get back around to it and try to beat it on Professional.
Ah, you have something to look forward to there! Along with Assignment: Ada and Separate Ways. :) Not really the same thing once it's all accomplished, with infinite ammo, and bulletproof suits and all that... wish the first adventure lasted a few times longer. But compared to other games, it really was a long adventure.

I don't even remember where I left off in Professional mode...I think I got past Salazar...Anyways, I have played and beaten both Assignment Ada and Separate Ways. I've beaten Separate Ways a couple of times and even have the Chicago Typewriter.

I'd like to get 5 stars on all of the levels in The Mercenaries to get the Handcannon, but I really don't think it's worth it. Plus, I think you have to get 5 stars on each level with each character, too. It just seems like too much to accomplish just for a weapon.

BBS Signature

Response to What's your fave horror game? 2016-10-20 00:50:08

I thought Zelda OoT was pretty creepy when I was a kid.

At 10/18/16 11:21 PM, DeftonesFan665 wrote: I don't even remember where I left off in Professional mode...I think I got past Salazar...Anyways, I have played and beaten both Assignment Ada and Separate Ways. I've beaten Separate Ways a couple of times and even have the Chicago Typewriter.

I'd like to get 5 stars on all of the levels in The Mercenaries to get the Handcannon, but I really don't think it's worth it. Plus, I think you have to get 5 stars on each level with each character, too. It just seems like too much to accomplish just for a weapon.

Ah, sounds like you're pretty proficient at the game already! The fight with Krauser's the only part of the Pro campaign that I remember being really aggravating, time and time again, though probably things I forget.

I've barely played any Merceneries actually, just doesn't feel very motivating with modes that never end (until you die, I mean - no finite plot), or when all progress is reset with each new round. Yupp, small reward for a big task, though there's also that bragging right on having truly completed the game 100%. Some editions of the game didn't have Mercenaries mode in them at all though, so...

BBS Signature

Response to What's your fave horror game? 2016-10-29 22:36:16

At 10/20/16 12:50 AM, alfredangypoo wrote: I thought Zelda OoT was pretty creepy when I was a kid.

That's not a horror game, but I agree

There is no feeling as orgasmic as shoving a vibrator in your ear, well, except for shoving firecrackers up your asshole.

BBS Signature

Response to What's your fave horror game? 2016-11-01 00:51:28

Spongebob Squarepants Battle For Bikini Bottom gave me PTSD