00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TarikNakich just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Games where the story isnt necessa

2,408 Views | 53 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Games where the story isnt necessa 2016-09-22 19:11:43

At 9/21/16 10:45 PM, Chdonga wrote: Recommend me 2,000 games

So you're a troll.

Well you can get the hell out of my thread then.

You were proven wrong. :)

∀x (∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ∀x ¬(x ∈ e)) ∨ ∃y ¬∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ¬∃z (z ∈ y ∧ z ∈ e ∧ ∀x ¬((x ∈ y ∧ x ∈ e) ∧ ¬(x = z)))))

Response to Games where the story isnt necessa 2016-09-22 19:16:48

At 9/22/16 07:11 PM, sharpnova wrote:
So you're a troll.

How so? You said there were "tons" of games that proved me wrong. Name them.

I don't know how you'd weigh a video game, but if you'd rather list 2,000 lbs worth of games, that's fine too.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Games where the story isnt necessa 2016-09-22 23:47:21

At 9/22/16 07:16 PM, Chdonga wrote:
At 9/22/16 07:11 PM, sharpnova wrote:
So you're a troll.
How so? You said there were "tons" of games that proved me wrong. Name them.

I don't know how you'd weigh a video game, but if you'd rather list 2,000 lbs worth of games, that's fine too.

Continuing to troll.

When one party resorts to trolling, they know they've lost. They realized they have no point. And the other party is shown to probably have a more compelling argument :)

∀x (∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ∀x ¬(x ∈ e)) ∨ ∃y ¬∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ¬∃z (z ∈ y ∧ z ∈ e ∧ ∀x ¬((x ∈ y ∧ x ∈ e) ∧ ¬(x = z)))))

Response to Games where the story isnt necessa 2016-09-23 01:06:02

At 9/22/16 11:47 PM, sharpnova wrote: Not even remotely relevant to the thread.

Alright. We've had our fun but it's really time to stop.

Looking at your account raises a few red flags. I noticed your age and assumed that you were just another 16 year old kid who liked to show off how good they were at ripping apart arguments that nobody made, but then I noticed your sign up date. And I doubt you made your account at 5 years old.

If you're a troll, you can chock me up as another successfully trolled victim. If you're a pseudo-intellectual, you can add me to your list of defeated opponents. But if you are a real user, then you're welcome to take the discussion elsewhere.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

At 9/23/16 01:06 AM, Chdonga wrote: If you're a troll, you can chock me up as another successfully trolled victim. If you're a pseudo-intellectual, you can add me to your list of defeated opponents. But if you are a real user, then you're welcome to take the discussion elsewhere.

Yawn. You're the one who started trolling. And I have had an account since I was five. My uncle created it for me.

You started trolling by taking the word ton literally. When you have a real argument then please try to use it. Until then. Continue being autistic as hell and transferring that onto others by accusing them of being trolls and pseudos.

Also.. you are an absolute creep. I haven't looked at your profile or post history or anything and I never would and as soon as you give up and stop responding, in effect admitting you were wrong from the start, I will forget you entirely.

Seriously. You are creepy as hell.

Response to Games where the story isnt necessa 2016-09-23 04:28:11

That shut him up lol.

At 9/23/16 04:28 AM, sharpnova wrote: That shut him up lol.

your infallible troll persona is fantastic and one of the best things about this site

but i can't grasp how you manage to fool anyone

what is your secret

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

~The Journal of a Man Who Wandered into Another World

BBS Signature

Response to Games where the story isnt necessa 2016-09-23 11:14:37

MGS2? Story wasn't terrible but the whole gameplay thing seemed a lot better and less overly-complicated than the shit about simulations.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to Games where the story isnt necessa 2016-09-24 00:47:13

I'd say competitive, arcade and sandbox games.

BBS Signature

Response to Games where the story isnt necessa 2016-09-28 22:12:03

I'd say h-games and what-have-you have no real need for a story

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Games where the story isnt necessa 2016-10-01 02:09:05

A lot of retro games focused on gameplay more than story. Descent is one of my favorite examples, the story is 90% contained in a briefing at the very beginning of the game, then you get free rein on what you do after that.

Response to Games where the story isnt necessa 2016-10-02 04:36:29

At 9/23/16 05:00 AM, TOXlCITY wrote:
At 9/23/16 04:28 AM, sharpnova wrote: That shut him up lol.
your infallible troll persona is fantastic and one of the best things about this site

but i can't grasp how you manage to fool anyone

what is your secret

That was quite a vicious attitude from sharpnova, but going by her/his previous threads regarding loneliness and being disconnected it's safe to assume this is what causes that dark energy to emerge in her posting style.

Response to Games where the story isnt necessa 2016-10-04 14:43:53

At 9/21/16 02:41 AM, sharpnova wrote:
It's best if you don't debate me on gaming. I am far more advanced in it than you will ever be.

Lmao we got a tough guy over here

|NG Is Dead|

BBS Signature

Response to Games where the story isnt necessa 2016-10-05 04:55:10

At 10/4/16 02:43 PM, Phantox wrote:
At 9/21/16 02:41 AM, sharpnova wrote:
It's best if you don't debate me on gaming. I am far more advanced in it than you will ever be.
Lmao we got a tough guy over here

Not a guy, utter moron.

Response to Games where the story isnt necessa 2016-10-05 05:20:24

Games from the golden age of gaming. Basically majority of games from the 80s or 90s focused on the gameplay, with exception of perhaps the adventure game genre, which was story-centric. Basically when games were at their best.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Games where the story isnt necessa 2016-10-05 13:17:03

At 10/5/16 04:55 AM, sharpnova wrote:
Not a guy, utter moron.

Oh... my bad, bitch. I assumed you were a guy with long hair by the looks of your profile picture.

|NG Is Dead|

BBS Signature

Response to Games where the story isnt necessa 2016-10-06 03:32:52

At 10/5/16 01:17 PM, Phantox wrote:
At 10/5/16 04:55 AM, sharpnova wrote:
Not a guy, utter moron.
Oh... my bad, bitch. I assumed you were a guy with long hair by the looks of your profile picture.

Lol you act mean towards girls so you will have an excuse for why they don't like you :)

Response to Games where the story isnt necessa 2016-10-06 13:52:21

At 10/6/16 03:32 AM, sharpnova wrote:
Lol you act mean towards girls so you will have an excuse for why they don't like you :)

Actually, I (and most men) act mean towards girls because ironically, it makes them like us more. They're that stupid.

|NG Is Dead|

BBS Signature

Response to Games where the story isnt necessa 2016-10-07 00:44:12

GTA V
We can just fuck shit up

Response to Games where the story isnt necessa 2016-10-09 06:39:43

To not continue off-topic shit flinging I'll just put Dragon's Dogma on the list. Grab a party of peeps and kill stuff while leveling and ignore the story with glee.

Response to Games where the story isnt necessa 2016-10-10 07:04:23

Doom! Both the new and old. Pretty much any racing games. Arcade games. Puzzle games. A ton of games really...

The latest: Hexa #97 (May)

BBS Signature

Response to Games where the story isnt necessa 2016-10-11 03:21:44

My all-time favorite 80s games Lode Runner and Rogue have virtually no plotlines but they're both outstanding. Much as I actually liked Cladun's story I have to admit that it wasn't very necessary for the type of game it was.

I think Shadow of the Colossus does something very interesting in regards to narrative. There are virtually no words and the events don't progress in a way that gives it much complexity, if any, but when I originally tried to criticize the story I realized that the wordless, event-less narrative is how real feelings work for most animals. Weird comparison, but when you think about what it's like for two wolves in a pack to spend their whole lives together it kind of makes sense that the bond is built through shared experiences rather than specific events or conversations that can be identified. This is definitely the case with Agro, As it is with the Companion Cube, Maria in Silent Hill 2, Ellie in The Last of Us, the list goes on. But Shadow of the Colossus does this in a very natural way that puts you in silent but beautiful isolation. In a way, the interaction with the LACK of dialogue or plot points is what makes it what it is.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Garry's Mod is a great example. It has 0% story and is 100% a sandbox game.

At 9/18/16 05:50 AM, Painbringer wrote: Original Doom and Half-Life come to mind.

Really? Half-Life? I always thought Half-Life and Half-Life 2's story was one of the most interesting and important things about the series.

"It's called consolidation; strengthen governments and corporations, weaken individuals."

I also draw stuff. Here's some of it.

BBS Signature

Response to Games where the story isnt necessa 2016-10-15 14:02:09

99% of shooters, most are just run and gun anyway with preset outcomes.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"