00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kazukino55 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Clinton's Basket Of Deplorables

6,407 Views | 133 Replies

Response to Clinton's Basket Of Deplorables 2016-09-16 02:14:49

At 9/14/16 03:33 PM, Doge2 wrote: No its not that. Wikileaks revealed some of her so called deleted emails which says she basically cheated the election by rigging it for the DNC nomintion, which was news months ago but nonetheless exists. So thats not a lie, which would make it undemocratic more or less

Yes, those e-mails were found. She did cheat and rigged the election against Sanders.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Clinton's Basket Of Deplorables 2016-09-16 02:20:00

At 9/15/16 11:51 PM, mothballs wrote: It's also pretty satisfying that Trump FINALLY gave her a taste of her own medicine by taking something she said slightly out of context and making a TV ad out of it, something that the media has been doing to him since his campaign started.

The media has repeatedly and consistently gone out of their way to give Trump the benefit of the doubt since Bannon and Conway took over the campaign, but you wouldn't know that if you don't actually pay attention to the news.

BBS Signature

Response to Clinton's Basket Of Deplorables 2016-09-16 02:21:52

At 9/15/16 11:51 PM, mothballs wrote: I don't care what the circumstances, you NEVER insult the American voter. Just because you support a certain candidate shouldn't automatically brand you into something like a racist, misogynist etc. Bad move on HRC's part. If you're campaigning you should be trying to win over as many of your opponent's supporters as you can as opposed to insulting them.

I agree that you should never insult the American voters. I tried to point out how big of a deal this was, but some others would not listen.

Of course there's the other half to what she said which is that the other bunch of Trump supporters are the ones that are frustrated with the establishment and the way things are going, and those people should be reached out to. Well I can assure you that no working class citizens that are frustrated with the establishment will be voting for her if they have half a brain.

Hillary only cares about the elite of society, and has problems identifying with the common man.

It's also pretty satisfying that Trump FINALLY gave her a taste of her own medicine by taking something she said slightly out of context and making a TV ad out of it, something that the media has been doing to him since his campaign started.

I 100% agree with this statement. They have been trying to crucify Trump since the beginning of the campaign.

BBS Signature

Response to Clinton's Basket Of Deplorables 2016-09-16 10:25:00

At 9/16/16 01:28 AM, mothballs wrote:
I'm not disagreeing with your statistics. I am aware that almost all of the racists and bigots in this country support Trump. But would it be right for Trump to say that half of Hillary's supporters are stupid minority women that don't know any better, if it were a true statement?

Apples and oranges, these are not the same thing at all. The fact that you don't know the difference between calling a minority stupid for no reason (or for an untrue reason, like Trump's infamous "Criminals and rapists" comment) and calling racists, xenophobes and white supremicists deplorable for justifiable reasons (these people are, again, fucking deplorable) isn't a problem with Hillary's statement, at all.

Also, Trump's crowd is very different than Hillary's and when you talk about political correctness, she can't afford to be politically incorrect. Trump supporters don't give a shit about it.

That would simply make Trump's crowd hypocrites, then, if they ding Hillary for something they praise Trump for. If you're all for one candidate being not being "politically correct", and yet the other candidate must be when speaking to you, then you're actually NOT supporting the whole "anti-politically correct" thing. You just want to be coddled while flinging harsh language at others.

That simply makes you a goddamn coward.

Now, from the other side, Hillary supporters don't at all mind her statement - at best, they're only concerned with how it could affect her campaign. Much like when Trump insults entire religious and ethnic groups, her "deplorables" statement resonates well with what her supporters believe. There's no reason she needs to worry about being politically correct among her own - many people within her support have been clamoring for her to be more aggressive. Among undecideds, this MIGHT hurt, but to be honest if they're more put off by this than by ANYTHING Trump has said or done then they were not likely to vote for her, in the first place. Being more aggressive has more opportunity to help than to hurt, so I don't think it's a bad move.

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

Response to Clinton's Basket Of Deplorables 2016-09-16 13:26:38

not very surprising, a liberal dismisses and insults people she with which she disagrees.

yes, if she were a republican, shit would have hit the fan and we'd hear about it nonstop.

meh.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to Clinton's Basket Of Deplorables 2016-09-16 13:29:48

At 9/16/16 01:26 PM, billybobthwarten wrote: not very surprising, a liberal dismisses and insults people she with which she disagrees.

yes, if she were a republican, shit would have hit the fan and we'd hear about it nonstop.

meh.

Oh yeah tell me about it, Trump is widely regarded as being one of the most respectful candidates in the history of the United States, yet he still gets shit on by the liberal media. What a horrible double standard.

BBS Signature

Response to Clinton's Basket Of Deplorables 2016-09-16 13:33:45

At 9/16/16 01:29 PM, Feoric wrote:
At 9/16/16 01:26 PM, billybobthwarten wrote: not very surprising, a liberal dismisses and insults people she with which she disagrees.

meh.
Oh yeah tell me about it, Trump is widely regarded as being one of the most respectful candidates in the history of the United States, yet he still gets shit on by the liberal media. What a horrible double standard.

he says stuff, media rightly calls him out on it.

she clearly said something offensive, it's gone the next day.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to Clinton's Basket Of Deplorables 2016-09-16 15:35:26

At 9/16/16 01:33 PM, billybobthwarten wrote: he says stuff, media rightly calls him out on it.

Right, except we're still talking about what she said, so....

BBS Signature

Response to Clinton's Basket Of Deplorables 2016-09-16 16:01:57

At 9/16/16 03:35 PM, Feoric wrote:
At 9/16/16 01:33 PM, billybobthwarten wrote: he says stuff, media rightly calls him out on it.

Right, except we're still talking about what she said, so....

so....?

i'm not in main stream news media, are you? that was what both you and i mentioned in our posts, treatment by media.

Response to Clinton's Basket Of Deplorables 2016-09-16 16:56:48

At 9/16/16 12:57 AM, Gario wrote: Hillary is fucking correct in stating that, and she isn't too politically correct to point that out. Even better, she used that as a set up to reach out to the Trump supporters that actually are decent people (they do exist!) - that was a platform to raise up the other half of his support above Trump himself. People disingenuously ignore that part of the speech, though.

It is okay if you like Hillary, but she did insult a large amount of American citizens. Nothing wrong with agreeing that she made a huge mistake.

BBS Signature

Response to Clinton's Basket Of Deplorables 2016-09-16 17:00:26

At 9/16/16 01:28 AM, mothballs wrote: But would it be right for Trump to say that half of Hillary's supporters are stupid minority women that don't know any better, if it were a true statement? The point is you should never insult any group of voters of a particular candidate.

If Trump did that there would be riots in the streets and protesters with signs. When Hillary did it, people were upset , but acted rational about it.

BBS Signature

At 9/16/16 04:01 PM, billybobthwarten wrote: so....?

i'm not in main stream news media, are you? that was what both you and i mentioned in our posts, treatment by media.

I'm not, thankfully, but it's still a talking point used by the dozens of Trump surrogates who occupy CNN, so you implying that her "deplorables" comments has been "gone the next day" from whence she said it is not a factual statement.

edit: that's actually what I was referring to when I said "we," which was dumb wording on my part.

BBS Signature

At 9/16/16 04:56 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
It is okay if you like Hillary, but she did insult a large amount of American citizens. Nothing wrong with agreeing that she made a huge mistake.

You have no idea what I was talking about, do you? I'd like to think you're trolling - it'd give me some comfort at night knowing your reading comprehension isn't that poor.

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

Response to Clinton's Basket Of Deplorables 2016-09-16 18:59:05

At 9/16/16 06:07 PM, Gario wrote: You have no idea what I was talking about, do you? I'd like to think you're trolling - it'd give me some comfort at night knowing your reading comprehension isn't that poor.

I think he's a Markov chain chatbot Tom installed on the forums way back when.

BBS Signature

Response to Clinton's Basket Of Deplorables 2016-09-16 19:07:00

At 9/16/16 01:28 AM, mothballs wrote: But would it be right for Trump to say that half of Hillary's supporters are stupid minority women that don't know any better, if it were a true statement? . The point is you should never insult any group of voters of a particular candidate.

She walked the number back almost immediately after saying it. But the whole "you should never insult voters" thing. Beyond just that you don't address when Trump insults voters and voter groups every day (how many Mexican Americans do you think his opening salvo turned off to him forever?) there seems to be this misperception on your part that the whole electorate is somehow up for grabs. It isn't. There are people that have already decided, and there are states that always vote a certain way so to spend your time and efforts preaching either to the converted, or to the dissenters who will always tell you where to go is stupid. You need to hit the people who HAVEN'T decided yet. I don't think this one comment is going to do much to send people running into the arms of Donald Trump since basic reading comprehension says she was only talking about Trump's supporters and base, and as long as you don't count yourself among that number....well, you really don't have a reason to feel insulted do you?

Also, Trump's crowd is very different than Hillary's and when you talk about political correctness, she can't afford to be politically incorrect. Trump supporters don't give a shit about it.

What does that even mean?

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to Clinton's Basket Of Deplorables 2016-09-17 02:27:00

At 9/16/16 02:20 AM, Feoric wrote: The media has repeatedly and consistently gone out of their way to give Trump the benefit of the doubt since Bannon and Conway took over the campaign

Bannon and Conway must be doing a very good job for Donald Trump. The media was always against him in the past.

BBS Signature

Response to Clinton's Basket Of Deplorables 2016-09-17 02:29:49

That is correct. They are going easy on her since she is a liberal , and is a well established Washington insider.

BBS Signature

Response to Clinton's Basket Of Deplorables 2016-09-17 20:11:18

At 9/17/16 02:29 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: That is correct. They are going easy on her since she is a liberal , and is a well established Washington insider.

You people would amuse the shit out of me if your vote didn't count for as much as mine and you might actually get your way.

Hillary Clinton has been the most vetted, scrutinized, and plotted against candidate probably in the history of the US. I assume part of this is because of the widely held belief (still) that she will become President so let's get all the nasty out of the way now so we can move on from it later I guess. But every time somebody says "they're going easy on her" it tells me they've got their head in the sand and they only read or believe things that Trump and his campaign put out there.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to Clinton's Basket Of Deplorables 2016-09-18 13:22:35

Can we just fast-forward to the 2020 presidential race? Please and thank you..

Response to Clinton's Basket Of Deplorables 2016-09-18 14:19:47

At 9/16/16 01:29 PM, Feoric wrote: Oh yeah tell me about it, Trump is widely regarded as being one of the most respectful candidates in the history of the United States, yet he still gets shit on by the liberal media. What a horrible double standard.

You are properly being sarcastic, but I do agree that the liberal media does shit on Trump. Political insiders are scarred of what Donald has accomplished with little support from Republicans.

BBS Signature

Response to Clinton's Basket Of Deplorables 2016-09-18 14:24:26

That is correct. Whenever Donald does anything questionable the media is there right away to insult him. Hillary insults half of America, and the media looks the other way. You can tell who the media is supporting.

BBS Signature

Response to Clinton's Basket Of Deplorables 2016-09-18 14:52:02

At 9/18/16 02:19 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: You are properly being sarcastic, but I do agree that the liberal media does shit on Trump.

Putting a mirror in front of someone hardly counts as shitting on...

Political insiders are scarred of what Donald has accomplished with little support from Republicans.

Anybody with any knowledge of what is needed just tempermentally (not even counting what is needed in regards to, political deftness, intelligence, and the slightest bit of knowledge about how laws and our country work) is scared shitless of Trump. The amount of harm he could, and likely would, reap not only on the office, but the naion is unimaginable right now.

Response to Clinton's Basket Of Deplorables 2016-09-18 16:33:37

At 9/18/16 02:24 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Hillary insults half of America, and the media looks the other way.

You can stop parroting this bullshit talking point now, thanks.

BBS Signature

Response to Clinton's Basket Of Deplorables 2016-09-18 17:48:30

At 9/16/16 03:35 PM, Feoric wrote: Right, except we're still talking about what she said, so....

That is true that we are still talking about it. However, the media is not.

BBS Signature

Response to Clinton's Basket Of Deplorables 2016-09-18 17:52:39

At 9/16/16 04:01 PM, billybobthwarten wrote: i'm not in main stream news media, are you? that was what both you and i mentioned in our posts, treatment by media.

It is good that citizens are still discussing important political issues. We should try to stay informed about the candidates.

BBS Signature

Response to Clinton's Basket Of Deplorables 2016-09-18 20:48:02

At 9/18/16 05:48 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: That is true that we are still talking about it. However, the media is not.

Thanks.

BBS Signature

Response to Clinton's Basket Of Deplorables 2016-09-18 21:37:44

At 9/18/16 05:52 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: It is good that citizens are still discussing important political issues. We should try to stay informed about the candidates.

Yeah, I wish folks like you would try it sometime. Instead of just picking a reality that works for you and then continuing to parrot whatever lie, misrepresentation, or talking point feeds it.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to Clinton's Basket Of Deplorables 2016-09-18 21:44:18

At 9/16/16 05:52 PM, Feoric wrote: I'm not, thankfully, but it's still a talking point used by the dozens of Trump surrogates who occupy CNN, so you implying that her "deplorables" comments has been "gone the next day" from whence she said it is not a factual statement.

Trump has surrogates on CNN? You would not consider CNN to be a neutral network?

edit: that's actually what I was referring to when I said "we," which was dumb wording on my part.

Okay, that makes more sense.

BBS Signature

Response to Clinton's Basket Of Deplorables 2016-09-18 21:49:26

At 9/16/16 06:07 PM, Gario wrote:
At 9/16/16 04:56 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
You have no idea what I was talking about, do you? I'd like to think you're trolling - it'd give me some comfort at night knowing your reading comprehension isn't that poor.

Listen kid, that is some lame bait. Is your point so weak that you have to use insults? The adults are trying to have a political conversation.

BBS Signature

Response to Clinton's Basket Of Deplorables 2016-09-18 22:20:48

At 9/18/16 09:44 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Trump has surrogates on CNN? You would not consider CNN to be a neutral network?

Are you kidding me?

BBS Signature