00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Collecting things

599 Views | 17 Replies

Collecting things 2016-09-04 02:48:55

Does anyone here collect anything? Example being; I collect liquor bottles, at least the ones I drink and bring home. I used to collect pokemon cards as a kid, now that I've gained some extra time on my hands. I've started collecting magic the gathering cards now. I collect liquor bottles because well I love my alcohol and I treat each bottle unique. Personally the drunk in me calls it; the elixir from the gods, natural truth serum and anesthetic. It can be used for just about anything. And as for pokemon, well kid collects something right? hahaha. Magic the gathering collecting now kinda brings me back to a simpler time now.

What do you folks collect? Are you in it for the money for your grandchildren to sell or are you really just so fascinated that you collect whatever it is you collect? What made you get into collecting that particular set?

Heres an example collection of bottlecaps

Collecting things

Response to Collecting things 2016-09-04 02:55:47

video games
music
cathode ray tube televisions and monitors

BBS Signature

Response to Collecting things 2016-09-04 03:06:07

I really really love the way you've catalogued your bottle caps. I'd love to know more - like how many you have and if its a struggle for you to keep finding new ones. Do you sometimes by accident get ones from beers you already have had before and if so do you keep them or is the collection for just different caps?

I have a collection of Slime (from the Dragon Quest game series) keyrings that I adore. I'll provide a photo later.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Collecting things 2016-09-04 03:38:12

At 9/4/16 03:06 AM, Gagsy wrote: I really really love the way you've catalogued your bottle caps. I'd love to know more - like how many you have and if its a struggle for you to keep finding new ones. Do you sometimes by accident get ones from beers you already have had before and if so do you keep them or is the collection for just different caps?

I have a collection of Slime (from the Dragon Quest game series) keyrings that I adore. I'll provide a photo later.

Oh no, those aren't my caps, its just an example of a collection. I considered collecting caps at one point though, fallout is too fun sometimes.

Response to Collecting things 2016-09-04 03:45:35

At 9/4/16 03:02 AM, Ishmaelist wrote: Show me some sexy scan lines

i need a trinitron

Collecting things

BBS Signature

Response to Collecting things 2016-09-04 03:53:04

At 9/4/16 03:38 AM, CountOzwell-Spencer wrote:
Oh no, those aren't my caps, its just an example of a collection. I considered collecting caps at one point though, fallout is too fun sometimes.

This is the biggest let down since Community season 4.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Collecting things 2016-09-04 11:40:04

At 9/4/16 04:13 AM, Ishmaelist wrote: @Kayleeee tell us about your sex toys

Here you can observe one posting in this thread.

BBS Signature

Response to Collecting things 2016-09-04 12:02:03

i have a few sharp objects and ones that go boom real loud, i guess i collect them...

At 9/4/16 02:51 AM, Ishmaelist wrote: I collect Rolex's and GT40's.

balla

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to Collecting things 2016-09-04 15:04:23

I have 58 movies that I have collected.

Response to Collecting things 2016-09-04 15:26:34

I collect bottle caps.

"It's called consolidation; strengthen governments and corporations, weaken individuals."

I also draw stuff. Here's some of it.

BBS Signature

Response to Collecting things 2016-09-04 16:41:15

dbz and sonic games (even though some are gorrila shit)

Response to Collecting things 2016-09-04 18:44:23

Pretty much just Pokemon cards.
I'm not sure if this counts, but I also have almost every generation of the pokemon games, but I'm missing gen 2 and I'm too lazy and poor to buy it from Amazon.

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to Collecting things 2016-09-04 19:27:22

I have lots of MTG cards, I don't collect but I do play; exclusively Legacy now since I can't keep up with standard.

BBS Signature

Response to Collecting things 2016-09-04 23:29:31

Nothing I take seriously, but I do have a bunch of pogs, video games, video game shirts, keys, Dallas Cowboys garbage I collected when I was a teenager, Marvel cards, and MTG cards (I only bother with filthy casual play during breaks at work). Do achievements on Steam, exp points on NG, and badges on the 3DS count? ...because I do have a strong tendency to spend extra hours on a game just to add a few more of the simple achievements, I've never missed a day at the Nintendo Badge Arcade, and I've only missed out on my daily five a handful of times over the last three years.

Response to Collecting things 2016-09-05 00:13:59

Video games, Pokemon cards, Amiibos, World of Nintendo figures, ect.

Response to Collecting things 2016-09-05 01:07:55

At 9/4/16 02:55 AM, Sword-of-Kings wrote: cathode ray tube televisions and monitors

Same here. Or at least I'm trying to. I had four CRTs but my parents stealthily tossed them when they moved out.

I think I'm moving onto mini flatscreen TVs now. I saw a Vizio smart TV at the pawn shop for 50 bucks and I had to stop myself from buying it. It was small enough to fit next to my Samsung PC monitor.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Collecting things 2016-09-05 02:01:52

I just made this thread a couple of months ago, but whatever.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to Collecting things 2016-09-05 09:09:18

I have a c ouple of gems. I don't really collect them though, as much as just buying the games I want and not (re)selling them.

storytime desu
I sold a lot of games to EB Games (GameStop now) when I was around 8-9 years old, and holy shit do I regret it. At that point I had a PS1, an original Xbox and a Wii, and of course I really wanted an Xbox 360 - my mom said I could get one of I sold off some of the games I didn't play anymore - which I agreed with :_:

I still remember each and every game I sold that day...

OG XBOX
- Psychonauts
- Jet Set Radio Future
- Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit
- Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex
- Crash Bandicoot: Twinsanity
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted
- Spy vs. Spy

GBA
- Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
- Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls
- around 20 Chinese pirate games (remember selling them for more than I bought them for :D)

Wii
- Need for Speed: Undercover
- Animal Crossing: Let's Go to the City

and from this I learned a very valuable lesson... DON'T SELL YA GAMES MAN!!