00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I just can't draw worth a damn.HELP

731 Views | 11 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

So, i'm new to drawing a stuff and have been having so much fucking trouble with hands. I don't want to give up again. I can't fucking draw this bitch holding a rifle and was hoping if someone can do a simple doodle to kinda give me a basis on how the character could be?I don't want to copy i just want a simple reference to look at when i get stuck on this shit. Angry As Fuck.

Can anyone draw any character in this pose? (sorry for the black, i did it so it wouldn't be too bright in my dark room)

Response to I just can't draw worth a damn.HELP 2016-08-23 15:30:00

At 8/23/16 03:28 PM, PsychoticProphet wrote: So, i'm new to drawing a stuff and have been having so much fucking trouble with hands. I don't want to give up again. I can't fucking draw this bitch holding a rifle and was hoping if someone can do a simple doodle to kinda give me a basis on how the character could be?I don't want to copy i just want a simple reference to look at when i get stuck on this shit. Angry As Fuck.

Can anyone draw any character in this pose? (sorry for the black, i did it so it wouldn't be too bright in my dark room)

Oh, i forgot to add, sorry for the weird aass proportioned character, its supposed to be kinda chibi but not too much.

My tablet pressure isn't working so I can't redline, but the most important thing to keep note of is to not make the hands too small. It's better to make them bigger than to make them smaller.
Also, try to break things down into basic shapes. The example I did is really messy since I'm in a bit of a hurry, but yeah. Make guidelines if you can (the red lines under the black lines); They can be a lifesaver when still getting a grasp on anatomy.

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to I just can't draw worth a damn.HELP 2016-08-23 16:47:34

At 8/23/16 04:20 PM, Oddlem wrote: My tablet pressure isn't working so I can't redline, but the most important thing to keep note of is to not make the hands too small. It's better to make them bigger than to make them smaller.
Also, try to break things down into basic shapes. The example I did is really messy since I'm in a bit of a hurry, but yeah. Make guidelines if you can (the red lines under the black lines); They can be a lifesaver when still getting a grasp on anatomy.

Thanks, I've read up on it while calming down lol. I haven't improved much ,but here's an update (sorta). I'm still sketching it out ,but i'll make sure to fix the sizes on everything.
Thanks for the tip!

Response to I just can't draw worth a damn.HELP 2016-08-24 00:27:00

There's a couple of things you need to do first; Basics and research. Chibi style, as much as it looks easy - Some look good and some look bad because the difference is that one artist will know basic anatomy where the other will just jump the gun. In order to do well at a style such as chibi/manga you need to know basic anatomy first in order to understand stylisation. So really start understanding shapes in a 3D space, as we are made up of lovely shapes! And start connecting them into a person.

The pose you've gone for is a little difficult for beginners as this pose is about weight and balance. This is where research comes into it. If you hold a rifle... You won't sit flat on your buttocks! Most stand or place weight on their knees. The dominate hand that pulls the trigger needs to have their elbow almost tucked in towards themselves and the trigger is a lot closer to your body than you think it is. A simple search on weapon handling will teach you basic poses. But when holding a weapon, we tend to keep it close as all it will do is smack us right in the face after a shot, your pose looks like its holding a hot potato and I can see the end result being a broken nose!

I've attached a basic female form for you, but keep practising and leaning, you'll get there!

- I do not wish to hurt you, just merely torture you -

BBS Signature

You draw way better than me. This was me bored.

Response to I just can't draw worth a damn.HELP 2016-08-24 21:13:26

At 8/24/16 12:27 AM, NilesCD wrote: There's a couple of things you need to do first; Basics and research. Chibi style, as much as it looks easy - Some look good and some look bad because the difference is that one artist will know basic anatomy where the other will just jump the gun.:
The pose you've gone for is a little difficult for beginners as this pose is about weight and balance. This is where research comes into it. If you hold a rifle... You won't sit flat on your buttocks!:

Thank you so much for the info on anatomy!
I guess i shouldn't have just skipped the most crucial parts

Response to I just can't draw worth a damn.HELP 2016-08-24 21:15:24

At 8/24/16 12:31 AM, CountOzwell-Spencer wrote: You draw way better than me. This was me bored.

I have to use ms paint and just to get that crappy outline it took 4 hours! At least you kept your work too, i instantly rip/delete everything i work on.

Response to I just can't draw worth a damn.HELP 2016-08-25 14:09:27

At 8/24/16 09:15 PM, PsychoticProphet wrote:
At 8/24/16 12:31 AM, CountOzwell-Spencer wrote: You draw way better than me. This was me bored.
I have to use ms paint and just to get that crappy outline it took 4 hours! At least you kept your work too, i instantly rip/delete everything i work on.

You should use firealpaca, Medibang paint, or gimp. Some pretty good Free art programs

Response to I just can't draw worth a damn.HELP 2016-08-25 16:50:55

At 8/25/16 02:09 PM, Osarumon wrote:
At 8/24/16 09:15 PM, PsychoticProphet wrote:
You should use firealpaca, Medibang paint, or gimp. Some pretty good Free art programs

I've wanted to use some of those, but it feels sketchy when it comes to the actual downloading part

Response to I just can't draw worth a damn.HELP 2016-08-27 07:39:37

Trust me, they're legit.

Response to I just can't draw worth a damn.HELP 2016-08-27 20:35:30

At 8/27/16 07:39 AM, Osarumon wrote: Trust me, they're legit.

Thanks man