00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Would you visit/live in Brazil?

982 Views | 20 Replies

Would you visit or live in Brazil? Seeing as the olympics were held there it seems like Brazil was the talk of the world.

It seems like a big country with a lot to see. While it has its reputation as being a dangerous country, São Paulo is safer than Chicago according to some stats, but it still has some slums. However São Paulo and Rio are pretty developed and Brazil receives a lot of tourism.

I'd have to learn Portuguese, but I could imagine myself living next to a Brazilian restaurant and sushi restaurant. São Paulo has the largest Japanese population outside Japan, explaining the abundance of sushi and ramen.

Response to Would you visit/live in Brazil? 2016-08-22 22:42:55

the olympics are nothing more than a worldwide conspiracy to gentrify locations and subjugate impoverished people

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature

Response to Would you visit/live in Brazil? 2016-08-22 22:44:06

At 8/22/16 10:41 PM, IAmCrystalHeights wrote: São Paulo is safer than Chicago according to some stats

You mean the stats reported by the corrupt (even more so than Chicago) police? :^)

Response to Would you visit/live in Brazil? 2016-08-22 22:47:58

subtract all the people, maybe.

as is, hell no. doesn't matter how good their booties look.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to Would you visit/live in Brazil? 2016-08-22 22:50:45

Maybe to see the beaches and gay culture there.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Would you visit/live in Brazil? 2016-08-22 22:59:36

At 8/22/16 10:44 PM, Bit wrote:
At 8/22/16 10:41 PM, IAmCrystalHeights wrote: São Paulo is safer than Chicago according to some stats
You mean the stats reported by the corrupt (even more so than Chicago) police? :^)

Well that's possible for sure, but Brazil doesn't really scare me. Most of the crime is concentrated in or near the slums that tourists probably wouldn't bother being around. Don't get me wrong, it scares me more than most places in the US or other developed places.

At least Brazilian girls are hot

Response to Would you visit/live in Brazil? 2016-08-23 00:16:16

I'd go there for the fine ass girls.

Response to Would you visit/live in Brazil? 2016-08-23 00:35:07

No, but for some reason sleeping on a mattress outside sounds like a fun idea.

BBS Signature

Response to Would you visit/live in Brazil? 2016-08-23 01:04:20

no i've got pretty much no interest in south america or africa.

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

~The Journal of a Man Who Wandered into Another World

BBS Signature

Response to Would you visit/live in Brazil? 2016-08-23 01:23:22

I'd go to Rio, vandalize a public structure, and then lie to the world and make my country look bad in front of literally billions of people.

The Newgrounds Revolution isn't a thing, quit being a pussy.

BBS Signature

At 8/23/16 01:04 AM, TOXlCITY wrote: no i've got pretty much no interest in south america or africa.

If your reason is because of danger, Chile and Argentina are safer, higher-quality countries. Africa is pretty impoverished, but there are some really interesting places (Egypt, Morocco, Tanzania, South Africa, Madagascar, Namibia, etc) to see. At least, the pyramids in Egypt and Mt. Kilimanjaro in Tanzania are very interesting.

However, I agree both continents don't really sound as appealing as Europe or Asia.

At 8/23/16 01:28 AM, IAmCrystalHeights wrote: If your reason is because of danger, Chile and Argentina are safer, higher-quality countries. Africa is pretty impoverished, but there are some really interesting places (Egypt, Morocco, Tanzania, South Africa, Madagascar, Namibia, etc) to see. At least, the pyramids in Egypt and Mt. Kilimanjaro in Tanzania are very interesting.

However, I agree both continents don't really sound as appealing as Europe or Asia.

mostly i just don't find that sort of culture very interesting, save for the pyramids in egypt but fuck that i don't feel safe at all there.

the cultures and histories i find particularly interesting are mostly that of europe and asia, yeah. i especially like ancient japan.

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

~The Journal of a Man Who Wandered into Another World

BBS Signature

Response to Would you visit/live in Brazil? 2016-08-23 01:50:17

At 8/22/16 10:41 PM, IAmCrystalHeights wrote: Would you visit or live in Brazil? Seeing as the olympics were held there it seems like Brazil was the talk of the world.

I have been training in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu for the past 6 years... I would absolutely love to goto Brazil... HOWEVER, I would only go with someone who is on good terms with the locals and could guide me through the right places.

Brazil is beautiful, however some parts are extremely rough (like most places on this planet).

Robo Rick's Magical Carpet Ride

Response to Would you visit/live in Brazil? 2016-08-23 03:14:13

If you asked me five years ago I probably would have been down for it, but now? Naw... I don't think so. I reckon it's only a matter of time before Brazil improves though, and then I'll go.

Response to Would you visit/live in Brazil? 2016-08-23 03:52:26

Good god no. As a regular visitor of reddit's watchpeopledie subreddit... just hell hell no.

∀x (∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ∀x ¬(x ∈ e)) ∨ ∃y ¬∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ¬∃z (z ∈ y ∧ z ∈ e ∧ ∀x ¬((x ∈ y ∧ x ∈ e) ∧ ¬(x = z)))))

Response to Would you visit/live in Brazil? 2016-08-23 04:44:08

I wouldn't, not yet. Times are just too unstable.

Response to Would you visit/live in Brazil? 2016-08-23 08:41:01

I'd sure visit the country but I'd rather stay here cuz I'm not used to their culture and habits 'n shit
but I wouldn't some carnival though

Response to Would you visit/live in Brazil? 2016-08-23 10:19:51

Why would I leave my shitty-ass country to visit/live in an even shittier country?

At 8/22/16 10:50 PM, Painbringer wrote: Maybe to see the beaches and gay culture there.

They shoot gays and crossdressers a lot.
In fact they shoot just about anyone and anything a lot.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to Would you visit/live in Brazil? 2016-08-23 10:44:48

At 8/23/16 01:48 AM, Xenomit wrote: Maybe you should actually research the topics that you're going to talk about next time instead of spewing shit you heard from some news site or from social media.

There was never a gun pointed at him. He was being a fuckboi. If that was all he did, he wouldn't be slowly losing sponsorships and the Olympic Committee wouldn't be considering stripping him of his medal, sorry baws.

BBS Signature

Response to Would you visit/live in Brazil? 2016-08-23 15:05:47

Yeah, sure. I'd be down to travel anywhere.

BBS Signature

Response to Would you visit/live in Brazil? 2016-08-23 15:35:08

At 8/23/16 02:47 PM, Xenomit wrote: Maybe if you're retarded.

Yeah I mean everyone loves the war mongering Americans so one little criminal lie shouldn't be a big deal right.

You're believing a lie covering another lie coming from a liar.

You do you.

BBS Signature