00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KiichigoInu just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Do I need to know ActionScript ?

320 Views | 1 Reply
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Do I need to know ActionScript ? 2016-07-19 05:18:10

Hi,

I am still in learning stage of Flash. Currently I am trying to learn the shape tweens, use of gradient and some other things.

There is a programming language in Flash called ActionScript. Do I need to learn that for animations ?I know a lot of people use ActionScript for creating games. But does ActionScript has any other application other than game development?

That is, will learning ActionScript give me any advantage in creating animated cartoons or movies ?

If it does, can you suggest me any good tutorial or books for learning ActionScript? I know programming languages like C and Matlab. Now I am beginning to learn OOP, like C++ .....

And another thing, can you point me to any projects of yours where you used ActionScript for animations ? It would be good for me to see firsthand the application areas of ActionSript . I will be grateful.

Thanks in advance :)

Response to Do I need to know ActionScript ? 2016-07-19 15:53:55

Typically, in animation, people use it for play buttons to start the video. Other than that, you don't need to learn action script solely for animation and is pretty much just optional (unless you want a play button).

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature