00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

UmanaJose just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

copyright

397 Views | 2 Replies

copyright 2016-07-04 02:28:18

why does newgrounds delete copyright music i mean its good if you put the right credits to it example

pegboard nerds - frain breeze

Response to copyright 2016-07-04 04:17:11

If the music is infringing upon someone else's copyright (in other words if a user uploads something that isn't their own work, and without permission) they have to remove it. It'd be illegal to keep hosting it. Some passes through the cracks and stays, but credit or not, it doesn't change that it's unauthorized use.

Using copyright music in submissions though, you could argue fair use, depending on what kind of content it is, and how the music is used. There's plenty of music that you're allowed to use though, like pretty much everything in the audio portal.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to copyright 2016-07-04 06:05:36

At 7/4/16 02:28 AM, danielbaenaloaiza wrote: why does newgrounds delete copyright music i mean its good if you put the right credits to it example

There's a Golden Rule of Newgrounds which says that anything you upload must be your own creation. It doesn't matter if you give credit, it doesn't even matter if you have the original creator's permission, if you didn't make it yourself, it will get taken down. I'm really surprised how hard this is for some people to get behind.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature