00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

christopher54000 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Foods That You Miss

3,406 Views | 67 Replies

Foods That You Miss 2016-06-30 00:42:06

I miss Yo-go's, which were those little yogurt covered fruit bits. I ate the fuck out of those when I was younger.

I also miss Wonder Balls, which were those chocolate balls with either tart candy or chewy pieces of candy inside.

I miss those Hershey's S'mores candy bars, too. They were one of the best candy bars ever made.

Finally, the food I miss the most is Oreo's cereal. It was the best cereal EVER. I always saved as many marshmallows as I could to eat last. I've heard that it's still available in South Korea, but it needs to be brought back here in the US.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to Foods That You Miss 2016-06-30 00:48:32

Count Chocula. Why the hell it's discontinued in Canada, I'll never know.

Time to bust a move and get it started. Time's wastin'.

-Mace 2.0

Response to Foods That You Miss 2016-06-30 00:54:34

At 6/30/16 12:48 AM, DCXME01 wrote: Count Chocula. Why the hell it's discontinued in Canada, I'll never know.

You do know that Count Chocula, Boo Berry, and Frankenberry are a seasonal thing, right? Just saying because maybe they're not discontinued in Canada at all, you're just not looking for Count Chocula at the right time.

BBS Signature

Response to Foods That You Miss 2016-06-30 01:00:42

A lot of the grocery stores that are around me used to sell fruit by the foot, now they don't. Hell, they don't even sell gushers anymore. I don't know where to search for those products anymore.

BBS Signature

Response to Foods That You Miss 2016-06-30 01:01:27

At 6/30/16 12:48 AM, DCXME01 wrote: Count Chocula. Why the hell it's discontinued in Canada, I'll never know.

On the topic of Halloween themed cereals, Fruit Brute is one I dearly miss. They brang it back one year and never did it again, and you can bet that after I had it for the first time that year that I got a bunch more after that.

It was so goddamn good.

"Ya'll can kiss my ass" - James Allen "Red Dog"

Sig by illicit.

Are you bored and have nothing to do? Then click this!

BBS Signature

Response to Foods That You Miss 2016-06-30 01:04:47

At 6/30/16 01:00 AM, Monster64 wrote: A lot of the grocery stores that are around me used to sell fruit by the foot, now they don't. Hell, they don't even sell gushers anymore. I don't know where to search for those products anymore.

What!? That's really weird. I've never had a problem with finding Fruit By the Foot or Gushers. Do you live by a lot of organic food stores or what?

BBS Signature

Response to Foods That You Miss 2016-06-30 01:05:54

At 6/30/16 01:04 AM, DeftonesFan665 wrote: What!? That's really weird. I've never had a problem with finding Fruit By the Foot or Gushers. Do you live by a lot of organic food stores or what?

Naw, dude. They're just normal corporate stores like albertsons, Vons and so on.

BBS Signature

Response to Foods That You Miss 2016-06-30 01:07:27

I was pretty bummed in 2000/2001 when my favorite soda suddenly disappeared from the only grocery store in town. I used to get a Surge and a box of lemonheads and just destroy my tooth enamel every weekend during summer vacation.

The internet gods actually brought Surge back recently - it's even getting a slow rollout into stores again after a year or so being exclusive to Amazon.

Got a few from walmart on my birthday this week.

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic by Pingu ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to Foods That You Miss 2016-06-30 01:11:07

At 6/30/16 01:05 AM, Monster64 wrote:
At 6/30/16 01:04 AM, DeftonesFan665 wrote: What!? That's really weird. I've never had a problem with finding Fruit By the Foot or Gushers. Do you live by a lot of organic food stores or what?
Naw, dude. They're just normal corporate stores like albertsons, Vons and so on.

Do you have a Wal-Mart near you? They'll have them, I'm sure.

BBS Signature

Response to Foods That You Miss 2016-06-30 01:13:06

At 6/30/16 01:11 AM, DeftonesFan665 wrote: Do you have a Wal-Mart near you? They'll have them, I'm sure.

I feel like a dumbass now. ;_;

BBS Signature

Response to Foods That You Miss 2016-06-30 01:14:36

At 6/30/16 01:07 AM, Malachy wrote: I was pretty bummed in 2000/2001 when my favorite soda suddenly disappeared from the only grocery store in town. I used to get a Surge and a box of lemonheads and just destroy my tooth enamel every weekend during summer vacation.

The internet gods actually brought Surge back recently - it's even getting a slow rollout into stores again after a year or so being exclusive to Amazon.

I didn't know they were going back into stores.

It sounds like their releasing it only in the eastern US though, which sucks considering I'm far away from there.

Sig by illicit.

BBS Signature

Response to Foods That You Miss 2016-06-30 01:14:55

Response to Foods That You Miss 2016-06-30 01:20:31 (edited 2016-06-30 01:20:59)

At 6/30/16 01:07 AM, Malachy wrote: I was pretty bummed in 2000/2001 when my favorite soda suddenly disappeared from the only grocery store in town. I used to get a Surge and a box of lemonheads and just destroy my tooth enamel every weekend during summer vacation.

Yeah, I get a couple cans every so often. My brother was the one who was super psyched when it was brought back. It was his favorite soda as a kid.

We love drinking it together while playing video games.

At 6/30/16 01:14 AM, poopmcfarts wrote: I didn't know they were going back into stores.

It sounds like their releasing it only in the eastern US though, which sucks considering I'm far away from there.

Not true! I live in Minnesota and it's available here.

BBS Signature

Response to Foods That You Miss 2016-06-30 01:22:11

Cocoa Pebbles.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Foods That You Miss 2016-06-30 01:25:17

At 6/30/16 01:20 AM, DeftonesFan665 wrote: Not true! I live in Minnesota and it's available here.

Nowhere by me though.

I've been trying to find some Ecto Cooler too and trying to find that is the equivalent to trying to find the holy grail.

Sig by illicit.

BBS Signature

Response to Foods That You Miss 2016-06-30 01:26:33 (edited 2016-06-30 01:26:50)

I'm only slightly mentally ill and thus don't develop emotional attachment to food products

Alternative answer: mom's spaghetti

The Newgrounds Revolution isn't a thing, quit being a pussy.

BBS Signature

Response to Foods That You Miss 2016-06-30 01:28:43

At 6/30/16 01:14 AM, CGA-999 wrote: I have a pleasant surprise for you.

That's cool, but I'm not tempted to buy a box over the Internet. Wish they'd be brought back to stores.

At 6/30/16 01:22 AM, Painbringer wrote: Cocoa Pebbles.

? They don't sell Cocoa Pebbles where you live?

At 6/30/16 01:22 AM, TylerFromTexas wrote: Oreo O's was incredible, but now they're gone...

I know, it's tragic. :(

BBS Signature

Response to Foods That You Miss 2016-06-30 01:34:53

At 6/30/16 01:28 AM, DeftonesFan665 wrote: ? They don't sell Cocoa Pebbles where you live?

My parents stopped buying it when I was still a kid.

I guess since that time I never really looked back.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Foods That You Miss 2016-06-30 01:37:29

At 6/30/16 01:14 AM, CGA-999 wrote: I have a pleasant surprise for you.

"Currently Not Available"

Sig by illicit.

BBS Signature

Response to Foods That You Miss 2016-06-30 04:27:19

Pretty much all of them. In the mid to late 1980's, the quality of all US food began to slide, profit taking you see... Repeated use of petroleum based fertilizers and bug spray have tainted the food/soil/water supply no end. Also there's a distinct lack of diversity in the foods available today, as older species have been priced out of competition for various reasons.

Heads of lettuce were smaller, but had much more green in them. Chickens were smaller, but tasted genuine, better texture. Soy sauce even tasted better, thanks Monsanto you nasty ass fucks, for patenting soy beans, and claiming trademark infringement, if a real soy bean crop is even in the same state (cross pollination) as your 'product'...

Tomatoes didn't bounce when you dropped them, or tossed them at lying politicians. Their seeds used to reproduce. Not anymore. I'd guess well over 80% of the seeds you might dry out from grocery store produce, will not germinate.

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to Foods That You Miss 2016-06-30 10:52:39

I'd miss chocolate chip cookies if my mum ever made them when I was a kid

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to Foods That You Miss 2016-06-30 11:38:28

I used to miss French Toast Crunch, but it's finally back on the market!

BBS Signature

Response to Foods That You Miss 2016-06-30 14:31:21

At 6/30/16 10:43 AM, SithCorduroy wrote: WWF Ice Cream Bars.

I never had the pleasure of trying them.

At 6/30/16 11:38 AM, Kayleeee wrote: I used to miss French Toast Crunch, but it's finally back on the market!

I haven't had it yet since they brought it back. I haven't had Peanut Butter Toast Crunch in forever either.

BBS Signature

Response to Foods That You Miss 2016-06-30 16:25:44

The only food product I can think of that I miss alot and haven't had in a long time is Coca-Cola Vanilla. And it's not really even food.

"It's called consolidation; strengthen governments and corporations, weaken individuals."

I also draw stuff. Here's some of it.

BBS Signature

Response to Foods That You Miss 2016-06-30 17:21:57

At 6/30/16 04:28 PM, SithCorduroy wrote:
At 6/30/16 04:25 PM, YonusBahtzee wrote: The only food product I can think of that I miss alot and haven't had in a long time is Coca-Cola Vanilla. And it's not really even food.
I just drank a Coca-Cola Vanilla Zero an hour or two ago.

Good stuff.

You're a lucky man you know that?

"It's called consolidation; strengthen governments and corporations, weaken individuals."

I also draw stuff. Here's some of it.

BBS Signature

Response to Foods That You Miss 2016-06-30 17:47:05

nothing really comes to mind. a lot of the foods mentioned, i still see them around. as a kid, we had sit down dinners and fast food only happened a few times a year, so i maybe don't have the same connection to some junk foods that some others do.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to Foods That You Miss 2016-06-30 17:52:17

At 6/30/16 12:42 AM, DeftonesFan665 wrote: Finally, the food I miss the most is Oreo's cereal. It was the best cereal EVER. I always saved as many marshmallows as I could to eat last. I've heard that it's still available in South Korea, but it needs to be brought back here in the US.

It was discontinued in South Korea back in 2014.

Sig by illicit.

BBS Signature

Response to Foods That You Miss 2016-06-30 18:05:36

At 6/30/16 05:40 PM, SolidPantsSnake wrote: I miss surge soda.

They brought it back, you know.

BBS Signature

Response to Foods That You Miss 2016-06-30 20:01:26

Josta soda is one.
There were these really good Red Velvet sponge cakes that had no brand name on them in a box that just disappeared one day.
I used to get a big bag of mini chocolate chip cookies from one store but that store died and no cookies are close to them.

I was gonna say Surge soda but looks like I just gotta do some shopping.

There are a lot of items but I can't remember the names.

Response to Foods That You Miss 2016-06-30 20:13:13 (edited 2016-06-30 20:13:23)

At 6/30/16 12:42 AM, DeftonesFan665 wrote: I miss those Hershey's S'mores candy bars, too. They were one of the best candy bars ever made.

They discontinued those? I used to eat them all the time. :<

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature