00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Gaffi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

PS4: Buy now or wait for Neo?

985 Views | 18 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

PS4: Buy now or wait for Neo? 2016-06-20 17:57:10

Alright so I want to get back into the modern era of consoles by getting a PS4, yet right now I'm not sure if I should get one.

By this I mean I know that the PS4 and Xbone will be having their mid cycle upgrades. Project Scorpio is happening with Xbox so I'll wait until that gets released to buy it. But the PS4 haven't announced the specs and such for their Neo, apparently waiting until the holidays to say any more on it.

I need to get a PS4 to play games coming out early next year as well as few Kickstarted projects I bought awhile ago, but I'm not sure if it would be worth buying a PS4 now or if I should wait for the Neo. Opinions on this would be so appreciated.

Response to PS4: Buy now or wait for Neo? 2016-06-20 18:26:07

Wait for God of War 4. That will increase the incentive a lot.

And of course get a Neo.

Early console adoption is irrational and I had to go to a doctor because I bruised my larynx watching dumb children buy ps4's early on before there was even a lineup. Zero utility in that decision.

As for people buying XB1's... I had to talk to an optometrist because my tear ducts were hard as diamonds with rawness.

∀x (∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ∀x ¬(x ∈ e)) ∨ ∃y ¬∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ¬∃z (z ∈ y ∧ z ∈ e ∧ ∀x ¬((x ∈ y ∧ x ∈ e) ∧ ¬(x = z)))))

Response to PS4: Buy now or wait for Neo? 2016-06-20 19:29:53

The Neo will probably be smaller, like the PS2 and PS3's upgrades, and it'll have the 4K output. Assuming it won't be more expensive it's worth waiting for it.

Response to PS4: Buy now or wait for Neo? 2016-06-20 21:26:01

There is no disadvantage in waiting.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to PS4: Buy now or wait for Neo? 2016-06-21 03:41:27

The right answer is always wait.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to PS4: Buy now or wait for Neo? 2016-06-21 08:05:21

Why buy a PS4 when the PS2's been out for like, 16 years? Just get that.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to PS4: Buy now or wait for Neo? 2016-06-22 15:14:41

At 6/21/16 08:05 AM, Radaketor wrote: Why buy a PS4 when the PS2's been out for like, 16 years? Just get that.

Yeah, then just play PS2 games until the price of the PS4 goes down. Actually not a bad idea.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

At 6/22/16 03:14 PM, DeftonesFan665 wrote: Yeah, then just play PS2 games until the price of the PS4 goes down. Actually not a bad idea.

I mean it's what I've been doing for years.
I got a Gameboy Advance when I was around 4 or 5, played it non-stop and waited for the price of the PS2 to go down, bought it 4-5 years after it came out for a pretty penny, played PS2 until 2012 which was when it stopped working, bought a PS3 dirt cheap with two recently released games and here we are. Don't think I'll buy the PS4 for the next 3-4 years, at least, if there's really any game I want to play I'll usually just look up a walkthrough of it and pretend I'm playing it.

BBS Signature

Response to PS4: Buy now or wait for Neo? 2016-06-23 14:16:21

At 6/23/16 10:15 AM, Radaketor wrote:
At 6/22/16 03:14 PM, DeftonesFan665 wrote: Yeah, then just play PS2 games until the price of the PS4 goes down. Actually not a bad idea.
I mean it's what I've been doing for years.
I got a Gameboy Advance when I was around 4 or 5, played it non-stop and waited for the price of the PS2 to go down, bought it 4-5 years after it came out for a pretty penny, played PS2 until 2012 which was when it stopped working, bought a PS3 dirt cheap with two recently released games and here we are. Don't think I'll buy the PS4 for the next 3-4 years, at least,

Good system, man, haha.

if there's really any game I want to play I'll usually just look up a walkthrough of it and pretend I'm playing it.

Wow, so I'm not the only one. I was just doing this a little while ago with Mortal Kombat X.

I do it when I know I'm not going to get a game for a while or not at all because it's on Xbox or PC, like Condemned Criminal Origins.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to PS4: Buy now or wait for Neo? 2016-06-23 15:15:07

At 6/23/16 02:16 PM, DeftonesFan665 wrote:
At 6/23/16 10:15 AM, Radaketor wrote: if there's really any game I want to play I'll usually just look up a walkthrough of it and pretend I'm playing it.
Wow, so I'm not the only one. I was just doing this a little while ago with Mortal Kombat X.

I kinda also do it like I'm watching a movie (doesn't help the fact that a guy called dansg08 has made cinematic compilations of some of the games I'm most interested in), but also because 80% of choices made in games by the people playing, are more or less the same ones I'd do. A good example is Heavy Rain, I watched a guy called theRadBrad play it years ago, then in late 2015 or early 2016 when I got the game myself most of the choices were the same that other person did, I actually had to force myself to change some things just to have a slightly different outcome at the end (Heavy Rain has about 20 endings, from what I've heard).

BBS Signature

Response to PS4: Buy now or wait for Neo? 2016-06-23 23:30:16

At 6/20/16 05:57 PM, Rhysins wrote: Alright so I want to get back into the modern era of consoles by getting a PS4, yet right now I'm not sure if I should get one.

Buy the Neo, then the VR (Project Morpheus), then The Matrix on Blu-Ray. The holy trinity that glorifies the Matrix name.

Time to bust a move and get it started. Time's wastin'.

-Mace 2.0

Response to PS4: Buy now or wait for Neo? 2016-06-29 17:55:15

I feel as though some of these comments have been somewhat facetious, though I won't say I haven't had the urge to play some PS2 games recently. May get to that when I get back home.

But yeah it seems waiting is my best bet, thanks for the suggestions.

Just get the PS4 now. Games save in a cloud, so you won't lose any data if you switch over. Plus, you know Gamestop/EB Games/Game is going to have a trade in deal to push the 4K PS4's, so you can trade in your old one towards the newer model at a later date and won't risk losing your data. I mean, if you really want one get it.

Response to PS4: Buy now or wait for Neo? 2016-07-23 17:28:27

Wait for God of War 4. I bet that'll be awesome and worth it.

Response to PS4: Buy now or wait for Neo? 2016-07-25 23:43:52

I actually think I´ll wait for NX instead for Scorpio or Neo

Response to PS4: Buy now or wait for Neo? 2016-07-25 23:47:37

At 7/25/16 09:15 PM, kanef wrote: also a mate of mine said the neos pointless, he already modded his ps4 to have extra ram and 4k output

You can´t even play a videogame in 4k with an nvidia 1080 how is neo supposed to have an 4k output?

Response to PS4: Buy now or wait for Neo? 2016-07-26 14:49:00

At 7/25/16 11:47 PM, TheZeroOmega wrote:
At 7/25/16 09:15 PM, kanef wrote: also a mate of mine said the neos pointless, he already modded his ps4 to have extra ram and 4k output
You can´t even play a videogame in 4k with an nvidia 1080 how is neo supposed to have an 4k output?

You can certainly manage to get 30-60fps average with many AAA titles at 4k on a 1080

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuViSYChy7Q

Let's not forget that the PS4 has basically a modified AMD 7870 GPU, which was released only about a year before the PS4 itself, so we could potentially be seeing something like a Nvidea 970 or AMD 390 equivalent card, or perhaps even a 1060/480X, though I have my doubts on those as they are very new products.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to PS4: Buy now or wait for Neo? 2016-07-26 15:10:32

Yup, but there´s still a problem, only the price of a 1080 kills neo so... how is supposed to have a an 4k output?

Response to PS4: Buy now or wait for Neo? 2016-07-26 17:37:54

Buy one. Now!