00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ada242 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters.

92,941 Views | 1,521 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2021-01-24 15:06:42

At 1/24/21 08:42 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: Hello Kendeck!

It's me BrokenDeck lol

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2021-01-24 18:55:52

At 1/24/21 03:06 PM, BroKendeck wrote:
At 1/24/21 08:42 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: Hello Kendeck!
It's me BrokenDeck lol

I reaaally should've caught on earlier! XD Amazing what a little capitalization variation can do!!! And new avatar, and all.

Didn't recognize the name till I actually skimmed through your latest posts and stumbled into the AMA there. Which I did since the sign-up date and mod status seemed suspicious for someone I never heard of. Man. For shame. I gotta blame something. Stressful times lately y'know! Crazy worldly developments and all, local alertness be lacking, lotta distraction with all that's cooking and happnin'...

Welcome and culinary well-wishing still does very much apply though. ;)

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2021-01-29 18:59:18

This is my favourite snack. Cream cheese tortillas.

iu_233191_586221.jpg

At 1/29/21 06:59 PM, Egeus wrote: This is my favourite snack. Cream cheese tortillas.

I like how the color contrasts come across in this. :) Minimalism at its finest... feels like some herbs and stuff might spice that up even more but does look delicious like this! Never tried this either hmm, seems simple enough...

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2021-01-30 06:12:06

I want to bring back the Newgrounds Kitchen for The Tank Tribune. I see a lot of posts with food. Does anybody have any recipes of their own they'd like to share?

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2021-01-30 10:04:59

At 1/30/21 06:12 AM, The-Great-One wrote: I want to bring back the Newgrounds Kitchen for The Tank Tribune. I see a lot of posts with food. Does anybody have any recipes of their own they'd like to share?

I made a pretty good fried chicken one time.

It was pretty good because my buddy's 3 year old ate it, and we all know how fussy those little bastards can be. It's been a while, and I didn't write it down, so I'll have to use a template and throw in the ingredients I used.

With all good things in life, the key is patience. A day at least.

You'll need:

12 chicken thighs and/or drumsticks (cooks choice on skin and bones)

1 qt buttermilk

2 teaspoons seasoning salt

Let that all soak together for 12-24 hours in refrigerator, making sure chicken is submerged.

For the dredging mixture:

3 cups Flour

1/2 cup Corn Starch

2 Tbsp Seasoning salt

2 Tsp Smoked Paprika

1 Tsp Old Bay Seasoning

1 Tsp MSG

Pat dry chicken with paper towel and dredge chicken in mixture

Then let sit in mixture for 12 - 24 hours in refrigerator so it turns into a paste/like substance around chicken

Re-dredge for extra crispy chicken

For cooking you'll want a large deep pot, candy thermometer (for monitoring oil temp), tongs, and a meat thermometer.

Heat 2-4 qts of peanut oil to 375*F and place 4 pieces of chicken in at a time while keeping an eye on the oil temp and the color of the chicken batter. Keep oil between 325*F and 375*F, making tiny adjustments to stove as needed.

Cook pieces until golden brown, and remove from oil. Be sure to check for an internal temp of 165*F with meat thermometer. For me it took 6 about minutes in the fryer, and occasionally putting chicken back into the fryer.

My only warning for people who don't usually cook, and want to deviate from this recipe, is don't use extra virgin olive oil, you might burn your house down. I cannot stress enough that you need an oil that can handle the high heat, and extra virgin olive oil is not one of them. Your target oil temperature is 350*F, so anything with a smoke point of 450*F will serve you well, and can be reused a couple times if you don't over heat it.

Now that I've written all that, I'm having second thoughts. Kitchens are dangerous and people are dumb, so I'll leave it to your discretion if you want to put a deep-fryer recipe on there. I do make a deadly Greek Salad, can't burn down your house making that unless you're Homer Simpson.

BBS Signature

At 1/30/21 05:49 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 1/29/21 06:59 PM, Egeus wrote: This is my favourite snack. Cream cheese tortillas.
I like how the color contrasts come across in this. :) Minimalism at its finest... feels like some herbs and stuff might spice that up even more but does look delicious like this! Never tried this either hmm, seems simple enough...

This could definitely be made "fancy". Mascarpone instead of cream cheese, fines herbs, some sort of seasonal fruit preserve (peach chutney might be good, but I wonder if maybe Asian pears are in season right now?). Warm the tortilla. Finish with a drizzle of cold pressed canola oil and Maldon sea salt.

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2021-01-30 16:44:48

At 1/30/21 10:28 AM, Egeus wrote: This could definitely be made "fancy". Mascarpone instead of cream cheese, fines herbs, some sort of seasonal fruit preserve (peach chutney might be good, but I wonder if maybe Asian pears are in season right now?). Warm the tortilla. Finish with a drizzle of cold pressed canola oil and Maldon sea salt.

Ooh. Sounds like more of a desert wrap like that. :) Didn't figure this for such a sweet thing, was imagining this with something like just fresh coriander and a little salt/spice and maybe vegetable slice all fried up nice, but that definitely sounds nice too.

Asian pears are in season all the way till winter depending on where you live apparently... explains why the one I had for Christmas felt a little old. Hard to know when those are perfectly ripe though...

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2021-01-30 17:11:24

At 1/30/21 10:04 AM, Prinzy2 wrote: I do make a deadly Greek Salad, can't burn down your house making that unless you're Homer Simpson.

If there's no fire involved there's gotta be some other kind of fatality hmm, figures. :)

That'd be cool to see too. Feeling the urge to go try to some new things; jot down some formulas now...

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2021-01-30 18:04:30

At 1/30/21 04:44 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 1/30/21 10:28 AM, Egeus wrote: This could definitely be made "fancy". Mascarpone instead of cream cheese, fines herbs, some sort of seasonal fruit preserve (peach chutney might be good, but I wonder if maybe Asian pears are in season right now?). Warm the tortilla. Finish with a drizzle of cold pressed canola oil and Maldon sea salt.
Ooh. Sounds like more of a desert wrap like that. :) Didn't figure this for such a sweet thing, was imagining this with something like just fresh coriander and a little salt/spice and maybe vegetable slice all fried up nice, but that definitely sounds nice too.

Asian pears are in season all the way till winter depending on where you live apparently... explains why the one I had for Christmas felt a little old. Hard to know when those are perfectly ripe though...

Yeah I guess kind of like a dessert insomuch as a cheese board is dessert. Lots of complexity with that combo but ultimately the sweetness would be balanced with the savoury and earthy flavours here.

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2021-01-31 19:33:05

At 1/30/21 05:11 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 1/30/21 10:04 AM, Prinzy2 wrote: I do make a deadly Greek Salad, can't burn down your house making that unless you're Homer Simpson.
If there's no fire involved there's gotta be some other kind of fatality hmm, figures. :)

That'd be cool to see too. Feeling the urge to go try to some new things; jot down some formulas now...

If all one's eating is salad, life might not be worth living anymore.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2021-02-01 05:27:02

At 1/30/21 06:04 PM, Egeus wrote: Yeah I guess kind of like a dessert insomuch as a cheese board is dessert. Lots of complexity with that combo but ultimately the sweetness would be balanced with the savoury and earthy flavours here.

That's true. :) Could mix up these wraps in a lot of ways with various dessert cheeses too hmm...

At 1/31/21 07:33 PM, Prinzy2 wrote:
At 1/30/21 05:11 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:

If all one's eating is salad, life might not be worth living anymore.

I don't know man, there are some pretty good salads out there!

You could almost say they're... to die for. :P

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2021-02-02 09:59:20

Tortilla stack. Essentially Tex Mex lasagna. Carrots, corn, beef, taco seasoning with a fresh salsa, melted cheese, and sour cream. Very rich and kind of a lot of food but it was damn good. Could have used some refried beans and of course Valentina.

iu_235063_586221.jpg

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2021-02-02 10:27:04

At 2/2/21 09:59 AM, Egeus wrote: Tortilla stack. Essentially Tex Mex lasagna. Carrots, corn, beef, taco seasoning with a fresh salsa, melted cheese, and sour cream. Very rich and kind of a lot of food but it was damn good. Could have used some refried beans and of course Valentina.

Looks delicious! Lotta herb and nutrition too.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2021-02-26 14:11:18

At 2/2/21 09:59 AM, Egeus wrote: Tortilla stack. Essentially Tex Mex lasagna. Carrots, corn, beef, taco seasoning with a fresh salsa, melted cheese, and sour cream. Very rich and kind of a lot of food but it was damn good. Could have used some refried beans and of course Valentina.

This looks so yummy

At 1/24/21 08:42 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 1/24/21 07:02 AM, BroKendeck wrote: Hello my name is Kendeck and I am a very good eater.

I plan on advancing beyond boil-in-water pre-made frozens soon.

May I join?
Hello Kendeck!

I'd hope so but... where the official application approving club founder @Kiwi at now?!

Potentially welcome to the club before official say-so!

The pursuit of cooking endeavors beyond the pre-made boil alternations indeed seems a worthy one! Hope you find some inspiration here in; looking forward to following said culinary advancements in scrumptious and/or scrutinous detail soon!

we welcome everyone who looks to cook or bake or eat :P

At 1/24/21 07:02 AM, BrokenDeck wrote: Hello my name is Kendeck and I am a very good eater.

I plan on advancing beyond boil-in-water pre-made frozens soon.

May I join?

welcome to club luv, post away

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2021-03-17 09:36:32

It's about time for some for some grilling up here in the frigid wasteland of Canada. Especially since I bought myself a BBQ yesterday.

Obviously there will be copious amounts of steak, burgers, chicken, pork chops, and beer.

Y'all got some favorite recipes for stuff you throw on the grill?

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2021-03-17 09:42:18

At 3/17/21 09:36 AM, Prinzy2 wrote: It's about time for some for some grilling up here in the frigid wasteland of Canada. Especially since I bought myself a BBQ yesterday.

Obviously there will be copious amounts of steak, burgers, chicken, pork chops, and beer.

Everything is better on the grill! But seriously, make sure you have some melted butter and a brush and it brush whatever you're cooking with the butter a few times throughout the process. The butter falls down into the fire and burns up which gives your food a really awesome characteristic that you can't get from anywhere other than the grill. I can't even describe it, it's just super good. It's like a burnt taste but in a really good way.

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2021-03-17 09:45:57

At 3/17/21 09:42 AM, Egeus wrote:
At 3/17/21 09:36 AM, Prinzy2 wrote: It's about time for some for some grilling up here in the frigid wasteland of Canada. Especially since I bought myself a BBQ yesterday.

Everything is better on the grill! But seriously, make sure you have some melted butter and a brush and it brush whatever you're cooking with the butter a few times throughout the process. The butter falls down into the fire and burns up which gives your food a really awesome characteristic that you can't get from anywhere other than the grill. I can't even describe it, it's just super good. It's like a burnt taste but in a really good way.

The grill I got also has a side burner, which I was planning to use mainly for mushrooms and onions, but mushroom and onion buttered steak sounds even more delicious.

BBS Signature

At 3/17/21 09:45 AM, Prinzy2 wrote:
At 3/17/21 09:42 AM, Egeus wrote:

The grill I got also has a side burner, which I was planning to use mainly for mushrooms and onions, but mushroom and onion buttered steak sounds even more delicious.

Fry those puppies up on the burner then dump the whole thing, butter and all, over the steak to finish. Put the pan upside down over it to trap all that smoke in. Now you're cooking.

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2021-03-17 11:48:02

At 3/17/21 09:36 AM, Prinzy2 wrote: Y'all got some favorite recipes for stuff you throw on the grill?

No recipes. I just throw stuff on the grill.

Everything just tastes so much better over coal or fire...

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2021-03-26 10:07:58

Made Carbonara for the first time ever using this recipe. Turned out good considering I didn't have a scale or measuring cup. The residual heat might have cooked the sauce a little too much, had to use my dutch oven as the pasta boiling pot, or I might not have tempered the egg mixture with enough pasta water.

Gonna have to go to Lina's next time I'm in the big city to find some guanciale. Bacon is good, but wouldn't mind making it a bit more authentic/exotic.

I've asked it before, but any tips or tricks for next time I make it?

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2021-04-05 18:35:58

Guess what I made...again.

iu_272663_1809211.jpg

iu_272664_1809211.jpg

BBS Signature

At 4/5/21 06:35 PM, Prinzy2 wrote: Guess what I made...again.

carBONERa

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2021-04-07 09:40:18

At 4/5/21 06:35 PM, Prinzy2 wrote: Guess what I made...again.

Already been answered but: something delicious it seems!

Nice to see a picture this time too.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2021-04-07 18:46:34

I did the stupid TikTok feta and tomato pasta. I'll update when it's ready!

iu_274059_586221.jpg

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2021-04-07 19:23:18

This is super fucking good!

iu_274108_586221.jpg

iu_274111_586221.jpg

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2021-04-07 19:24:32

At 4/7/21 07:23 PM, Teaseblossom wrote: This is super fucking good!

And the finale!

iu_274112_586221.jpg

iu_274113_586221.jpg

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2021-04-08 05:48:09

At 4/7/21 07:23 PM, Teaseblossom wrote: This is super fucking good!

It really looks like it with this one!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2021-04-25 20:03:17

Spanish chorizo putanesca (aka whore sauce). Smelled like a Spanish whore, tasted amazing.

iu_288169_586221.webp

iu_288170_586221.webp

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2021-04-26 05:41:14

At 4/25/21 08:03 PM, Teaseblossom wrote: Spanish chorizo putanesca (aka whore sauce). Smelled like a Spanish whore, tasted amazing.

Sounds like a suitable name. XD And looks beautiful! Delicious.

BBS Signature