00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

thelan8 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

BBoy's Guide to League of Legends

763 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

BBoy's Guide to League of Legends 2016-06-09 01:33:48

This isn't a "how to reach challenger elo derp derp"

No, no, this is information for people who have never played LoL before, at all.

League of Legends is basically the only MOBA game that doesn't suck ass and tits really hard.

it's not perfect, but I've played it for 7 years.

1 year ago I wouldn't have recommended it to anyone, because it was insanely difficult to get level 30, insanely difficult to get runes, etc.

But Riot wised up, and they made progression much, much easier. you can get level 30 (maximum account level) in like two weeks, you get all the beginner runes for free.

you can't pay for in-game stats, you can only buy things that don't directly impact gameplay.

so, why should you play League of Legends? Because League of Legends is the most played game in the history of the planet and it will stay that way for a long time because it's just that good.

"why do the other moba games suck though?"

other moba games are basically pieces of dog shit that was set on fire and put on your front porch, they have communities full of mexicans and people who speak alien language and are also definitely not fun

how does League of legends play?

it plays like so:

5 people per team, 2 teams, 1 map, they fight tower defense style, but are competing for resources the entire time, each team has a base on opposite sides of said map, destroying the Nexus in the base wins the game, there are three lanes that connect said bases, and jungle in-between. You have one person top lane, one person mid lane, two people bottom lane, and one person in the jungle.

Champions in the game are unique with their own abilities and stuff and there are groups of champions called roles:

Tank, Bruiser, ADC (Attack Damage Carry), APC (Ability Power Carry), Support

The tank can soak damage and lock people down, the bruiser has a mix of offense and defense and excels at 1v1 combat, the ADC can do a lot of physical damage per second from a distance, and the APC can blow up stuff with burst damage, and last but not least, the SUPPORT. The support helps the team by mainly protecting the ADC, providing vision and utility throughout the game.

I mentioned you compete for resources. Well, there are 4 avenues of income, but 5 people on a team, that is why the support exists, because by definition, the support player is the player who will not be getting an income. No one wants to support :P just kidding, there's a lot of dedicated support players out there.

I'm a bruiser and tank player and I specialize the roles top and jungle, but everyone is different and everyone's personality tends to reflect how and/or what they play in this game, so give it a download

If you get LoL downloaded, tell em that "UFC Lincoln" referred you :P
also, add me in-game if you need help learning this stuff, that's why I made this.

but don't take it too seriously when you just start out, it may be an official sport but it's also enjoyable when you have no clue what's going on, I mean it, take it slow and steady or your head will explode, k

Response to BBoy's Guide to League of Legends 2016-06-11 00:15:46

The referral system doesn't exist anymore.

I've been playing LoL for four years now. It has improved, but the game still has a lot that it could improve on. Things such as the ranking system (how many points you win versus how many points you lose), broken champions, the MMR system, and the fact that solo queue is basically dead these days are all things that could use some looking into. It is a game that I enjoy playing, though.

Which role/champions do you main?

BBS Signature

At 6/11/16 12:15 AM, Kayleeee wrote: The referral system doesn't exist anymore.

I've been playing LoL for four years now. It has improved, but the game still has a lot that it could improve on. Things such as the ranking system (how many points you win versus how many points you lose), broken champions, the MMR system, and the fact that solo queue is basically dead these days are all things that could use some looking into. It is a game that I enjoy playing, though.

Which role/champions do you main?

I'm pissed with the dynamic queue situation, 4-man premades? No thanks.

They're catering to casual players, and they know that premades are more likely to buy skins.

here's the champions I've been playing in order of most games played to least

Jax, Olaf, Volibear, Garen, Jarvan IV, Tahm Kench, Wukong, Darius, Dr. Mundo, Tryndamere, Shyvana, Renekton, Rammus, Poppy, and Shen

I'm a jungler, top laner, shot caller, and coach

Response to BBoy's Guide to League of Legends 2016-06-14 18:16:05

At 6/12/16 12:51 AM, beakerboy wrote:
I'm pissed with the dynamic queue situation, 4-man premades? No thanks.

They're catering to casual players, and they know that premades are more likely to buy skins.

I hate this as well. I started playing around the time where Zac came out (so four years ago I think, since it was around my birthday), and I stopped playing about a year ago. I just started playing more again recently, but everything's just so tied to parties and playing with other people. Everyone I used to play with have moved onto different games, so I think this is kind of annoying since they keep pushing it.

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to BBoy's Guide to League of Legends 2016-06-15 18:08:11

At 6/12/16 12:51 AM, beakerboy wrote: I'm pissed with the dynamic queue situation, 4-man premades? No thanks.

Right. It's awkward when you're the only one not in the group.

I prefer bot lane (ADC or Support). MF ADC, Soraka or Leona Support, and I love playing Vi jungle.

BBS Signature

Response to BBoy's Guide to League of Legends 2016-06-17 23:01:32

At 6/15/16 06:08 PM, Kayleeee wrote:
At 6/12/16 12:51 AM, beakerboy wrote: I'm pissed with the dynamic queue situation, 4-man premades? No thanks.
Right. It's awkward when you're the only one not in the group.

I prefer bot lane (ADC or Support). MF ADC, Soraka or Leona Support, and I love playing Vi jungle.

here's a jax guide if you ever thought of playing him :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmpbvoyE_pI

Response to BBoy's Guide to League of Legends 2016-06-18 11:25:47

At 6/9/16 01:33 AM, beakerboy wrote: other moba games are basically pieces of dog shit that was set on fire and put on your front porch, they have communities full of mexicans and people who speak alien language and are also definitely not fun

What a level-headed and totally-not-racist argument.

As a European, I wouldn't imagine I'd run in to many of them in the EU servers, but still, who wants to play with stinky mexicans amirite?

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to BBoy's Guide to League of Legends 2016-06-19 03:23:54

At 6/18/16 11:25 AM, iMini wrote:
At 6/9/16 01:33 AM, beakerboy wrote: other moba games are basically pieces of dog shit that was set on fire and put on your front porch, they have communities full of mexicans and people who speak alien language and are also definitely not fun
What a level-headed and totally-not-racist argument.

As a European, I wouldn't imagine I'd run in to many of them in the EU servers, but still, who wants to play with stinky mexicans amirite?

it was my way of saying there's only one good moba game, it's pointless to nit-pick anything beyond the sentiment, so fuck off.